PDA

View Full Version : What's the Fuss? Warnings/Doomsayings

AzureBlaze
Apr 17, 2004, 01:18 AM
As probably everyone's seen, there's those other topics containing various doom and gloom predictions upon Ep3.

In an effort to NOT hijack the topics this one is here. I don't know if it should of went in 'cheaters' or not, but everyone who seems to want to talk about this particular subject seems to be on this forum. Also, it's not really all about cheating, but rather vitality and endurance of something people like.

Ok, what's the streight dope on this June Armageddon thing? Why June? That's like...far. If they have this 'kill everything' then why not just let it out now and be done with it. Or, is that an estimated "Project Dork-Doomsday" completion date?

Concern #2
Ok if Armageddon=instant ez card dupe...so what? You can only have up to 3 of anything in your deck. You can only have 8 spots worth of anything on the field. So lets SAY they bust out this code and invent themselves up...hmmm 20 Ill Gills. Well you can only feild one at a time. And it's not very likely these clowns will have the actual mental *strategy* to use them well enuff to beat anyone.

If it's FSOD/RSOD whatever. We had that on DC and it was dammed annoying...but it didn't end PSO.
Lvl 999 is the same way too. All that does is give phony prestige and up the likelyhood of you winning better cards after a fight. It also makes anyone who beats you probably REALLY happy because it'd probably give a jillion exp.

PSO is DAMMED hard to kill.
If you can say anything about this game, the people who are still here are more presistant then...well I can't think up a good analogy. But this game has been thru utter heck, and it's STILL being played.
-Look at episode 1 for DC. That server was down about every other day. It crashed more then a crash-test-dummy factory. When you could play, most likely it lagged too. Don't get me started on D/Cing off it.

-They butchered that thing up to no end and did the same for ver 2. People galloping about the place with no heads, NOLing (the same as fsodx really, you DIE is the result...if it sticks), running thru walls, inf. HP in BA mode, crashing whole ship/blocks, insane ATP so high people would look at monsters and they die of it. Killing people for wepdrop/appearing as Sonic/Rico/That hood guy/using Elenoa the banned mag...it goes on forever.

But it lived. There were people you could never BA and win against. Lobbies...you couldnt stand in them for 5 min w/o FSOD/RSOD. All that stuff and PSO lived. People still made friends, they still talked and enjoyed the place. It even found protectors in the hacking community, if you remember the RAcaseals whom no one controled, watching over the lobbies.

What can they do in June that hasn't already been done?
The only thing I can see is like...allowing people to routinly seriously break a rule in battle. Like summon more then 8 spots worth of stuff/be immune to all hits/inf dice/inf monsters. But that's got to be like impossible. Plus, ST is more 'on the watch' with this game then all the previous. It's likely that something would be done...

Still. Although I've got some faith in PSO's general difficulty to kill I am curious what they think they're gonna do, as well as this odd date setting that's going on.

Arislan
Apr 17, 2004, 01:31 AM
At the risk of annoying the rest of the people here...
::spams Cheer noise incessantly::

In any case, the "June" date is when a group of so called hackers is planning on releasing a drool-proof method of getting any card in the game. Not exactly duping, but it's a cousin to it. The ramifications of this will not be immediate. The method can't be done by everyone and their mother, which is good, and of course, as you stated, has the downside (upside) of not imbuing the person with knowledge of how to use the gained cards.

PSO will live. It'll be hurt by Episode 3, and I forsee Blue Burst taking even more users fro the XBox and GCN servers, but it'll survive.

Getintothegame
Apr 17, 2004, 01:42 AM
Exactly. It will hurt PSO3, but probably will not kill it.

In any case, we can hope for a PSO3 Plus with more cards and better protection. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2004-04-16 23:42 ]</font>

Codester
Apr 18, 2004, 02:14 AM
I just saw this posted on the official PSO message boards by one of the mods, responding to duping ect. in PSO 3.

Well, I'm guessing if they took the time to figure how to make codes work with the online part of the game, it'd be no problem for cheating to begin again. Sega isn't that stupid, I'll give them that. Every card that is obtained is saved on your file, with the time of obtained, way of obtain, and place of obtain. If you have the right software, you can examine your memory card data without doing damage, but that is limited to certain individuals, me being one of those. This time around, you can be detected. I know someone who spent days trying to get a code to work, managed, and got online, and for 3 minutes things went fine. Then he was logged off. His account banned 48 hours, and when his ban was lifted, none of his cards were usable. I'm not going to say cheating will be impossible forever, I'm not going to have the weight of that on my shoulders. I'm just looking out for the gamers out there. No sense getting banned, trying to tweak something that's fine the way it is. As for the AR user, he trashed it, erased his Ep.3 data, and restarted. Sad thing is, he lost all his hardwork, trying to go it the easy way. But if you are going to risk it, go on. Just keep it to yourself.

Possibly a counter to the "Create every card around" rumor, but there is no way for me to know if this is true or just an admin tring to scare potential cheaters, or if ST would actually use it enough for anyone to care.

3v1L19
Apr 18, 2004, 10:06 AM
On 2004-04-16 23:31, Arislan wrote:

PSO will live. It'll be hurt by Episode 3, and I forsee Blue Burst taking even more users fro the XBox and GCN servers, but it'll survive.

I want to know more about this blue burst is there a site in english to explain about it? I think that I might be heading for that instead of episode 3 from now on..Wonder if it has new playable levels and new weapons...

Kanore
Apr 18, 2004, 10:25 AM
The guy's got a point...

And think about this:

Blue Burst will 'take' more damage, considering it's on the computer. Computer related games are 10 times easier to hack than console online games.

3v1L19
Apr 18, 2004, 10:30 AM
Thats true but I would be ok with those things happening if I could play it on my computer with my current HL too.. Anyways I like that old playing style...

All they have to do to convince me to buy it is, make it available for mac, add some new weapons, and add some more levels&bosses. Thats whats got me sold...but it has to be able for mac damnit becuase im getting rid of my windows computer...I hate it.

Zinger314
Apr 18, 2004, 10:55 AM
Blue Burst will 'take' more damage, considering it's on the computer. Computer related games are 10 times easier to hack than console online games.But it has Server-Side saving and Game Masters. I think that would be enough protection.

Arislan
Apr 18, 2004, 02:04 PM
The guy that posted on the official Sega servers is on crack, unfortunately.

First thing my eyes scanned across proved it for one: He said 48 hour ban. You get a 24 for illegal card data.

Two: Every card has a unique identifier? Even at 3 bytes (reasonable size) per card, my save file would have taken up more than my save file can hold by now. Right.

Three: This would require Sega to look at your memory card file. Not possible, no code to do so. And if there is, they'd have to tell you that they are going to do so, anything else is invasion of privacy.

Calling BS on that one.

As for Blue Vurst, I think I'll be on it as soon as it comes out, should make for a great alternative to Ep 3, even if it does mean I buy yet another HL.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2004-04-18 12:05 ]</font>

3v1L19
Apr 18, 2004, 03:36 PM
Enlighten me Arislan...I didnt see this in the new post on the homepage...Will there be new levels to go to besides the old episode 1 and 2 levels. Like something alternitive then F1-R3 and Temple-Seabed...I really wanna know because that will be my deciding factor...and I like the computer more then game systems...>.> <.<

Better be available for mac or ill spaz...

punkasssss
Apr 18, 2004, 08:21 PM
I doubt it. Sonic Team is too lazy.

3v1L19
Apr 18, 2004, 09:47 PM
On 2004-04-18 18:21, punkasssss wrote:
I doubt it. Sonic Team is too lazy.

I know damn them those lazy mother f....

God I hate sega I WILL EMAIL THEM MULTIPLE TIMES BEGGING...wait then I suddenly realised THAT WONT WORK.

My best bet will probably get the Windows XP capability software for my mac and install that so I can use both computers types of games...cost 200 dollars. Thats not what discourages me...My problem is going hunting for it..and leaving my sofa. O.o o.O

soulja2244
Apr 20, 2004, 10:33 PM
Anyone mind telling me what group is releasing this so-called "card mod" in june? Thanks.

edit: Oh, and that info that codester quoted above. 100% certified bullshit. Just another poser talking out of his ass trying to sound important.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: soulja2244 on 2004-04-20 20:35 ]</font>

Aunt_Betty
Apr 20, 2004, 11:14 PM
We would just need to run off to a third-party server.