PDA

View Full Version : Spread Needle?

TheXtremist
Apr 17, 2004, 08:36 AM
Ive got my ramar to a good enough level to do offline ruins with ease and am considering going after a spread needle (im greenhil and get them from merlans 1/900, which is the same chance that i just picked up a red sword with my skyly hucast from go-vulmers)I picked up my own needle on the dreamcast version 1, but i see that the stats have vastly reduced since the advent of Ep1&2. does anyone know whether or not it is worth spending all this time trying to get one?

Zero999
Apr 17, 2004, 08:47 AM
i dont have a needle myself but everyone says the top 2 guns are yas, frozen shotter, and spred needle hoped that helped

Ketchup345
Apr 17, 2004, 08:50 AM
From what I saw and hear, it is much worth it.

It has the speed and animation of a rifle, and fires 5 shots (like a shot). It only has about Mechgun range though, but the speed makes up for that.

Almost everything has been downgraded from the DC, especially since they made Ultimate easier. The low ATP it adds isn't much, since you can still do nice damage with your ATP (that's why Mechguns are used, several hundred damage with almost nothing from the weapons).

Firocket1690
Apr 17, 2004, 08:56 AM
But the fact that it's a rifle animation makes it harder to 'spread' the bullets out further. Face it, a 'needle' doesn't shoot as wide as a traditional shot (Crush Bullet, Meteor Smash)

But then the thingy is seize. If you do special-special-hard, (on a crowd), chances are, most'll be paralyzed. Then you can whip out mechs of any sort and start killing one by one. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

lain2k3
Apr 17, 2004, 11:45 AM
Yes, It's still the best weapon in the game if thats what your wondering.

Dragon_Ash
Apr 17, 2004, 12:00 PM
yeah... it's dead hard to get too.. i've made 7 full ruins runs as well as around 70 retired hunter runs, 5 doc's secret plan, 5 seek my master only to get 4 meteor cudgels from del-d and there are less of them then there are merlans -_-

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 17, 2004, 12:02 PM
Yes the weapon is very worth it, i think its one of the 3 best guns in the game (Spread Needle,Frozen Shooter & Guld Milla)
Unlike all other shots spread needle fire so fast, just like a rifle,sure the distance isnt as good but the speed makes up for it big time,and with a god battle its even better,iv got a 40 hit% spread needle and its special attack almost never misses, definetly one of the best guns in the game,not only that it looks the coolest aswell,well other than Dark Meteor.

Dragon_Ash
Apr 17, 2004, 12:07 PM
i thought the Yas 9000M were one of the top three guns... and sorry to go a lil off topic and sound ignorant, but what's so good about 9000M anyway? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Cheep
Apr 17, 2004, 12:11 PM
On 2004-04-17 09:45, lain2k3 wrote:

How do you figure? Its weak and hardly ever used well. Most people just put an exp special on it and try to steal exp. Hardly anyone I've played with uses the paralysis special and hit between 100-200. I was afk for at least 5 minutes when playing with a racaseal using one and she hadn't killed the first wave by the time I got back. I suppose someone might be able to use it,somehow,but from what I know its worthless unless your on a team. I never got why people like it. Its bad...people with that logic might as well be using heaven punishers,they sometimes hit higher.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 17, 2004, 12:15 PM
Yas 9000M is just a slightly worse version of Guld Milla, less ATA,less ATP, and doesnt have a special attack, Gul Milla's Special attack refill your HP and works so great,killing one enemy will give you full HP basically. Yas 9000M does look very kool those, since they are like real uzi and fire real bullets u see all the shells fly out and it makes the uzi noise when firing,Very nice gun indeed, Guld Milla is basically a suped up Mech gun but looks uber kool,both are great guns but i prefer Guld Milla.
Depends what you like.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 17, 2004, 12:22 PM
On 2004-04-17 10:11, Cheep wrote:

On 2004-04-17 09:45, lain2k3 wrote:

How do you figure? Its weak and hardly ever used well. Most people just put an exp special on it and try to steal exp. Hardly anyone I've played with uses the paralysis special and hit between 100-200. I was afk for at least 5 minutes when playing with a racaseal using one and she hadn't killed the first wave by the time I got back. I suppose someone might be able to use it,somehow,but from what I know its worthless unless your on a team. I never got why people like it. Its bad...people with that logic might as well be using heaven punishers,they sometimes hit higher.

When u have 40% hit on your spread Needle like i do the Seize special rocks,it barely ever misses,parylizing an entire pack on enemies,and the speed of the gun makes up for the ATP,you can pull off a full combo before u fire 2 shots with a regular shot.So in the end Spread needle is the best and i think it ownz Heaven Punisher aswell, HP kinda blows online/multi player due to the enemies incredibly high resistancies and it only works at certain beats, when its special isnt functional theres not much point of the gun anyways,other than the fact that it looks so damn kool and works great on a few bosses,Spread Needle is much better overall.
This is my oppinion from experience since i have both of them.

Dragon_Ash
Apr 17, 2004, 12:33 PM
is there heaven punisher any good in ult mode...? i had one on the DC verion 2 and when i used it in ult mode it didn't do a thing.. around 100-200 damage on bartles.. is it still the same in EP 1&2?

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 17, 2004, 12:43 PM
im not sure dude, i never played Version 2 on DC and if i did i doubt i would have been able to get ahold of a Hpunisher. But the gun's special attack is like twice as weak online or multi player difficulty since its based on light damage, and enemy's resistancies are really high online or multi player.
but atleast it never misses a single hit,and looks uber kool, and the range if it ownz all shot.

lain2k3
Apr 17, 2004, 01:14 PM
Yas 9000, IMO is better than guld milla, not to mention insanely easier to get. Rifle range is much better than anything guld milla has, including its HG range.

Cheep
Apr 17, 2004, 01:16 PM
I like guld milla for the strength it has. When I need to shoot something really far away I use yas or frozen shooter.

TheXtremist
Apr 17, 2004, 01:16 PM
I think spread needle would be good for my char, the way i play my ranger is to fill his armour with 3 god/powers and a devil/battle (I dont have redria and therefore cant find god/battle) i also use a very high power mag and with shifta i find myself doing as much damage as my hucast does with a chain sawd when i use final impact! so with a needle, not only will it be super fast it should deal massaive damage. has anyone got any reccomenations on what offline quest to do for the most merlans?

lain2k3
Apr 17, 2004, 01:18 PM
On 2004-04-17 11:16, Cheep wrote:
I like guld milla for the strength it has. When I need to shoot something really far away I use yas or frozen shooter.

I dont use FS outside of seabed and tower. It's not very good for killing enemies, just keeping them from doing anything. Mechguns and spread needle pwn FS in all other areas.

PaleKid15
Apr 17, 2004, 01:22 PM
Needles are the best weapon in the game. If you're online, I reccomend getting an S-rank needle instead of searching for the S-needle. The ATP variance is much smaller and you can choose the special. Not to mention that it ould probably take less time to get.

Cheep- How most people use a weapon does not impact the weapons performance at all. Just because people use it in bad or stupid ways, doesn't mean it's the weapons fault. Needle+God/Battle=no enemy retalliation. ATP isn't evrything.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 17, 2004, 01:22 PM
On 2004-04-17 11:14, lain2k3 wrote:
Yas 9000, IMO is better than guld milla, not to mention insanely easier to get. Rifle range is much better than anything guld milla has, including its HG range.

Are you telling me that the Yas 9000M has the range of a rifle??? i never even noticed that, if so wouldn't that really affect the ATA since the farther you are the more likely you will miss, unless you have good hit on the Yas9000M.

lain2k3
Apr 17, 2004, 01:32 PM
On 2004-04-17 11:22, NiNeTeeN69 wrote:

Are you telling me that the Yas 9000M has the range of a rifle??? i never even noticed that, if so wouldn't that really affect the ATA since the farther you are the more likely you will miss, unless you have good hit on the Yas9000M.

yes, the Yas9k has Rifle range.

And no, in pso, distance from the target does not effect how often you hit. ATA and enemy EVP are the only things that matters.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 17, 2004, 01:34 PM
then why when i do crtical hits from as far as i can be i always usually miss and right up i never miss?
Also copuld sumoen gets me a Beastiary guide with the Episode 1 ulimtate monsters, i was looking through the guide but the only monsters i found were from Normal-Vhard (Booma-Hildebear) im looking for Bartle,Hildelt,Gulgus & so on, thank you very much.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NiNeTeeN69 on 2004-04-17 11:37 ]</font>

PaleKid15
Apr 17, 2004, 01:35 PM
On 2004-04-17 11:34, NiNeTeeN69 wrote:
then why when i do crtical hits from as far as i can be i always usually miss and right up i never miss?

Ummm... because God hates you?

iamfanboy
Apr 17, 2004, 01:39 PM
XTremist, the run with the most Merlans in it is, surprisingly enough, the straight run through.

Sure, To The Depths starts you out at Ruins 2 (where the most merlans lurk), but an annoying amount of NPCs lurk where there should be nice tasty enemies. It's faster and easier to do it the straight way through, unless your level is so low that it's a risk without that NPC to act as a meatstick.

If that's the case, you might try Seek My Master; I think you can actually go PAST the bridge area where you meet her master with her still in tow, as long as you don't stupidly walk up to her master.

...I've been taking a look at this too, doncha know.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 17, 2004, 03:25 PM
On 2004-04-17 11:35, PaleKid15 wrote:

On 2004-04-17 11:34, NiNeTeeN69 wrote:

Ummm... because God hates you?

...right, anyways i just tried out my Yas9000M, and they do have great range but that dont interest me since i prefer using Mech guns right up close, the impact sounds better,i prefer fighting monsters up close anyways,but thats just me. Besides i prefer how Gul Milla looks over Yas9000M and it makes a more impact sounds when hit,besides im an Android and the HP steal Special attack just rocks.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 17, 2004, 03:42 PM

Guld Milla is much better for Androids, since the HP steal ability just rocks with that gun, abit better with ATA and greater ATP, i think it looks cooler too, especially with my outfit.
Yas9000M is good if you enjoy stayin far back without gettin hurt, personally id rather be right up close when using mech guns anyways. But which ever you prefer is fine,just depends on how ya play the game.

Eihwaz
Apr 17, 2004, 03:52 PM
Yes, Spread Needle is a super weapon. Even with no percents, it still owns.

And I agree with PaleKid. If you're online, it would probably be better to get an S-Rank Needle. They're hacked, but really worth it. No ATP-variance, and custom special. Get Zalure, you'll thank us later.

EDIT: Guld Milla has the range of a Handgun? I didn't know this. That makes it even better. But, Yas9KM owns Guld Milla in most situations. GM is probably a bit more useful for 'droids, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-04-17 13:53 ]</font>

TheXtremist
Apr 17, 2004, 05:03 PM
Im not interested in gettin any hacked stuff tbh, let alone stuff that shouldnt even be in the game atall, i much prefer finding all my stuff legit. It gives me a target so i know what im actually doing, and it also makes quests and offline play a lot more entertaining...i managed to find a red sword, loads of chainsawds, red dagger and sange by doin addicting food over and over with my skyly hucast. And i did unsealed door with my ranger to get hold of parts of baranz and yas 3000 which is the most powerfull rifle when u grind it to 60! Now my target it spread needle so im just tryin to find a decent method of doing it.

Dragon_Ash
Apr 17, 2004, 05:09 PM
well, i've been doing normal ruins runs and there seem to be a lot of merlans, though i can't think of any quests where there are lot's... the one's i have seen a few in are retired hunter... 6, and doc's secret plan around 6 or so, though there may be a few more than that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

PaleKid15
Apr 17, 2004, 07:02 PM
I thought you could get S rank needles legitly? Ep 2 challenge mode right? Or is that not finished yet?

doubletake123
Apr 17, 2004, 07:18 PM
On 2004-04-17 10:33, Dragon_Ash wrote:
is there heaven punisher any good in ult mode...? i had one on the DC verion 2 and when i used it in ult mode it didn't do a thing.. around 100-200 damage on bartles.. is it still the same in EP 1&2?

yes the heaven punisher sucks after very hard mode

Dragon_Ash
Apr 17, 2004, 07:23 PM
so mcuh for the ultimate gun.. i thought it might of be stregthened after it being so weak in the ult DC version 2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 17, 2004, 07:23 PM
But, Yas9KM owns Guld Milla in most situations. GM is probably a bit more useful for 'droids, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-04-17 13:53 ]</font>

Most situations? Yas9000M is only better in range, other than that the ATP is worse aswell as the ATA and it has no special attack,but i use a droid thats why i prefer Guld Milla

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NiNeTeeN69 on 2004-04-17 17:24 ]</font>

Hrith
Apr 17, 2004, 07:56 PM
I always thought that the range of the Yasminkov 9000M made the weapon better that Guld Milla.
But a friend of mine lent me his GM, it owns, beyond words, just try it.
My Yas 9000M have hit, the GM has not, still Yas 9k cannot compare.

And yes, the distance at which the monster is does affect your odds at accurately hitting it.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 17, 2004, 08:19 PM
See i knew it, even Kef says so,the farther you are the more likely you will miss,so having a yas9000M firing from across the entire levels will only make your accuracy worse,thus this defeats the purpose of a rifle range mech gun, since mech guns have bad enough ATA to begin with. Im with Kef on this one, Guld Milla all the way. besides why would anyone want to be so far away when in battle, its funner to be up close, least thats how i see it.

Hrith
Apr 17, 2004, 08:39 PM
On 2004-04-17 18:19, NiNeTeeN69 wrote:
its funner to be up close, least thats how i see it
Sad thing you cannot play WT, you'd understand that there are situations in which Yas9k own GM. But in most areas, you do not need the rifle range, it's just a plus.

Still GM is waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy rarer.

And the distance won't matter if the monster is not moving, so if you use FS to freeze it and Yas 9k to finish it off, you're fine.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 17, 2004, 08:43 PM
WT? sorry im not sure what you meant by that.

Dragon_Ash
Apr 17, 2004, 09:25 PM
still.. the Gm is uber rare.. the milla.. or the handgun that drops from whitill tollaws is fairly easy considering a 40,000+ drop rate from either whitill gran sorcerer or greenill delsaber... sounds like to much of a chore to get.. and from what i've seen, the 9M looks uber cool http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

On 2004-04-17 18:43, NiNeTeeN69 wrote:

i think he's referring to the online quest West Tower..if i'm not mistaken

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragon_Ash on 2004-04-17 19:27 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Apr 17, 2004, 10:03 PM
On 2004-04-17 19:25, Dragon_Ash wrote:
still.. the Gm is uber rare.. the milla.. or the handgun that drops from whitill tollaws is fairly easy considering a 40,000+ drop rate from either whitill gran sorcerer or greenill delsaber... sounds like to much of a chore to get.. and from what i've seen, the 9M looks uber cool http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

On 2004-04-17 18:43, NiNeTeeN69 wrote:

i think he's referring to the online quest West Tower..if i'm not mistaken

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragon_Ash on 2004-04-17 19:27 ]</font>

Yes, Guld Milla legit is something to be happy about. Two very low drop rates, low as in unlikely, and then you combine the guns to make the Guld Milla. And yes, WT is West Tower. And yes, Yasminkov 9000 M totally wrecks havoc in West Tower. That and a Frozen Shooter/Snow Queen will make it much, much easier.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 17, 2004, 11:54 PM
well i dont have Online and i cant play West or East tower so i guess thats a lil out of the question.
But im an Android so Guld Milla is a much better choice for me.

PaleKid15
Apr 18, 2004, 12:14 AM
Anyone notice that the GM says that it is draining ALOT of hp (I think it says 150) but it soesn't actually restore that much? At least not for me. Guld milla is better in many situations. But Yas 9K is soooooooo much easier to attain, and rifle range is awesome (most bosses, tower) ANd the ATP difference is so small that it doesn't matter at all, and it is easier to get a yas with hit (just because it is easier to find.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 18, 2004, 12:17 AM
well i have both guld milla and yas9000M both have no hit and im an Android,and i cant play online W/E Tower so the choice is kinda ovious...Guld Milla.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NiNeTeeN69 on 2004-04-17 22:19 ]</font>

Dana
Apr 18, 2004, 12:23 AM
whats with the spead needle, can you change the special or something?, and does the 9000m really have the range of rifle, and what are myb chances of getting one from a c-assasin in ult temple(sorry about all the questions)

Dragon_Ash
Apr 18, 2004, 12:31 AM
the normal spread needle has a seize special which paralyzes enemies, however an S-rank spread needle can be customized to have a special of your choice, and the S-rank is supposed to be available from challenge mode 2

the yasminkov does have the range of a rifle... as people on this board have said

the drop rate for the 9000M is 1/788 from crimson assassin (temple)

Dana
Apr 18, 2004, 12:34 AM
what about canune?in mines

Dragon_Ash
Apr 18, 2004, 12:37 AM
the drop for that is 1/901 though there aren't many of them in the mines

Cheep
Apr 18, 2004, 01:29 AM
On 2004-04-17 22:37, Dragon_Ash wrote:

Well shouldn't you really divide the drop rate of the ones you get from rare enemies by 512 or something like that? Then by how many of that enemy there are where you go? That would make more sense. Shouldn't you do that legitly speaking for the rare enemy drop rates? Am I the only one who sees the piping hypocrisy...? -_-;

magicmage119
Apr 18, 2004, 02:04 AM
On 2004-04-17 23:29, Cheep wrote:

On 2004-04-17 22:37, Dragon_Ash wrote:

Well shouldn't you really divide the drop rate of the ones you get from rare enemies by 512 or something like that? Then by how many of that enemy there are where you go? That would make more sense. Shouldn't you do that legitly speaking for the rare enemy drop rates? Am I the only one who sees the piping hypocrisy...? -_-;

...W...T...F!?!?!

First of all, Canune is not a rare enemy. Second of all, people are fully aware that if there are less of something in an area, there is a lower chance of finding the item in a run but you clearly don't get how you figure out the average time it would take to find an item from a non-rare.

All you do is take the amount of an enemy in a run and divide the denominator of a the drop rate by the amount of that enemy. For example, if there are usually 5 canune in a full mines run (I don't know the real amount) and the drop rate is 1/901, then 901/5= 180.2 which would mean that, after about 180 or 181 runs, you would, on average, find one of the weapon.

As for with rare enemies, you first figure out the number of non-rares there are in the chosen quest. I will use FiY for Agito '75. There are 47 rag rappys in the quest. 512/47= 10.9 so after about 11 runs, on average you will find one pal rappy. Now, you assume that after 21 pal rappies, you will find your agito (on average). So, 10.9 x 21= 228.9. That means that, after 228.9 runs of Fake in Yellow, you will find, on average, one Agito 1975. In the future, please know what you are talking about.

PsychoMantis
Apr 18, 2004, 02:38 AM
On 2004-04-17 06:47, Zero999 wrote:
i dont have a needle myself but everyone says the top 2 guns are yas, frozen shotter, and spred needle hoped that helped

what grade are u in?

PsychoMantis
Apr 18, 2004, 02:41 AM
[/quote]

...W...T...F!?!?!

First of all, Canune is not a rare enemy. Second of all, people are fully aware that if there are less of something in an area, there is a lower chance of finding the item in a run but you clearly don't get how you figure out the average time it would take to find an item from a non-rare.

All you do is take the amount of an enemy in a run and divide the denominator of a the drop rate by the amount of that enemy. For example, if there are usually 5 canune in a full mines run (I don't know the real amount) and the drop rate is 1/901, then 901/5= 180.2 which would mean that, after about 180 or 181 runs, you would, on average, find one of the weapon.

As for with rare enemies, you first figure out the number of non-rares there are in the chosen quest. I will use FiY for Agito '75. There are 47 rag rappys in the quest. 512/47= 10.9 so after about 11 runs, on average you will find one pal rappy. Now, you assume that after 21 pal rappies, you will find your agito (on average). So, 10.9 x 21= 228.9. That means that, after 228.9 runs of Fake in Yellow, you will find, on average, one Agito 1975. In the future, please know what you are talking about.

[/quote]

what grade are u in?

magicmage119
Apr 18, 2004, 02:47 AM
On 2004-04-18 00:41, PsychoMantis wrote:

...W...T...F!?!?!

what grade are u in?

While I fail to see the relevance, I turned 14 in January and am in 9th grade...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: magicmage119 on 2004-04-18 00:48 ]</font>

Deus-Irae
Apr 18, 2004, 05:13 AM
On 2004-04-18 00:41, PsychoMantis wrote:
what grade are u in?

who are you to ask this question of anyone typing like that? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hrith
Apr 18, 2004, 09:53 AM
On 2004-04-17 22:14, PaleKid15 wrote:
Anyone notice that the GM says that it is draining ALOT of hp (I think it says 150) but it soesn't actually restore that much? At least not for me. Guld milla is better in many situations. But Yas 9K is soooooooo much easier to attain, and rifle range is awesome (most bosses, tower) ANd the ATP difference is so small that it doesn't matter at all, and it is easier to get a yas with hit (just because it is easier to find.

GM can restore the HP of a Lv200 RAcast before I have the time to Resta him x_X
Difference in ATP... Yasminkov 9000M has an average ATP of 80, Guld Milla has an average ATP of 208, over twice as much http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif
On my RAmarl, which is not a very powerful character, the difference is awesome anyway, power-wise, Yas 9k is uber pwned, even in my solo WT runs, GM makes it much easier.

Then of course I only have Milla, that GM belongs to Auracom >_<

I'm hunting Guld, anyway http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

PaleKid15
Apr 19, 2004, 01:33 PM
What? I must not have been paying much attention to my GM. I thought that it gave like 110 ATP and Yas9k gave like 100 ATP. I was probably thinking of red mechs or something. And I'm Not saying that the GM doesn't restore a ridiculous amount of hp, it does, It's just that in a special move with 3 hits, I should get 360 hp correct? Well I acyually get around 180 hp back.

BTW- Either you are exaggerating a little bit (about the RAcast thing) or one of us has severely deformed resta.