PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Shooter question

SammaeltheDark
Apr 17, 2004, 10:39 AM
I spent yesterday hunting a Frozen Shooter for the RAmar in my little 3-man, local PSO group. I did manage to get one off a Hildetorr with my Purplenum, with 85% over 3 stats, AND find out that Hidletorrs spit megid.. and at a much higher level than those ep2 monkies.

The Frozen Shooter is listed as Suggest Ideal Equipment for all Rangers, but the Snow Queen is only listed as Ideal for Android Rangers. Does anyone know why that is? The Snow Queen seems an obvious choice over the Frozen Shooter if you have 45 PDs to burn.

Also, does a Cure/Freeze cancel the random freezing effect of the Frozen Shooter?

Best freezing incident: We're fighting VHard Falz, drop its second form, and the RAmar starts laughing about how easy this is. During the animation where Falz's third form is flying up from it's second, we all notice the RAmar get frozen. Right after he finished gloating. Sweet Justice strikes again.

lain2k3
Apr 17, 2004, 10:49 AM
On 2004-04-17 08:39, SammaeltheDark wrote:
The Frozen Shooter is listed as Suggest Ideal Equipment for all Rangers, but the Snow Queen is only listed as Ideal for Android Rangers. Does anyone know why that is? The Snow Queen seems an obvious choice over the Frozen Shooter if you have 45 PDs to burn.

Those guides are, for the most part, trash. Dont use them.

Also, does a Cure/Freeze cancel the random freezing effect of the Frozen Shooter?

Yes.

Ketchup345
Apr 17, 2004, 10:55 AM
On 2004-04-17 08:39, SammaeltheDark wrote:

Snow Queen can't combo, but penetrates. It seems like the Humans would fare better with it (since they have higher ATA).

Cheep
Apr 17, 2004, 11:39 AM
I like the frozen shooter better than snow queen,it works better for me. Snow Queen can't combo,but it works for some people.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 17, 2004, 12:46 PM
Frozen shooter in my oppinion is the better choice for Rangers and Android Rangers, its just a greater weapon overall, and it looks nicer too.

Primrose
Apr 17, 2004, 05:42 PM
On 2004-04-17 08:55, Ketchup345 wrote:

Snow Queen can't combo, but penetrates. It seems like the Humans would fare better with it (since they have higher ATA).

That, and the fact the Androids can already freeze enemy groups with Freeze Traps, makes Snow Queen more useful on humans, so i would also disagree with the guide here.

PsychoMantis
Apr 18, 2004, 02:16 AM

yes, but don't worry about that too much. it only freezes u like once every 10 minutes (if u have it equipped that long without unequipping it) i've only been frozen by it like 15-20 times and i use it lots and i've had the weapon for quite awhile too.

Polar
Apr 18, 2004, 03:41 PM
I use my FS and Spread Needle exclusively, and I've not been frozen in months...

Dragon_Ash
Apr 18, 2004, 04:12 PM
the longest i have not been frozen with mine is 3 hours... though i have been frozen and killed by enemies in the ruins.. and that was the one time i froze... besides a few other times ~_~