PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: The price of blood

SpikeOtacon
Apr 17, 2004, 10:34 PM
Chapter one

The patter of rain around him was soothing, calming his nerves, making his aim easier. But at the same time, the rain obstructed his view, making his field of vision shorter. With each breath his nerves calmed and his heart paced. His finger on the trigger, his eye on the sight. His bright green hair was pushed back, out of the way of his eye so he could have a full field of vision. His hair was spiked up, and it strangely matched the bushes he was hiding in.
This was Raziel, a RAmar who graduated as top of his class from Lance's Military acadamy. And expert at marksmanship, disguises, and pychological torture. The profile for either a psycho-maniac, or a derranged sniper. He wore a green suit most of the time, as most of his work was in the forest. His red eyes made his spiked green hair stand out even more. He had custom-made a mouth piece to cover his mouth and nose, to work as a breathing apperatus. With it, he could easily resist many gases used in ambushes, as well as hide under water and hold his breath longer. But this was no helmet. He despised having his head covered. It was also used to administer anistetics in case of a severe wound.
Through his scope, he could see a RAmar with a red suit on, carrying a black package. He was nervously looking from side to side. He saw the man shivver a bit from the cold, but he felt nothing. Still watching his movements carefully, he noticed that he had a nervous tick. He would constantly scratch the back of his head while looking around. The man had a Spread Needle. He was DEFINATLY not planning on just self-defense.
"Remember, if the situation looks hostile, be SURE to eliminate the man without a second thought."
These words rang in his memory, and he immidiatly took them into mind when he saw the RAmar reach for the front of the Spread Needle and cock it back, preparing for an attack. The man suddenly turned to his left, and lifted his gun abit. Raziel put his finger closer to the trigger. His heart rate jumped abit, and he began to breathe slowly to get it back down. The man lowered his gun when he saw a HUcast come into the room, carrying a black package. This was the decoy that Black Paper sent in. The man smiled a fake, corny smile. Raziel knew there was trouble, and kept on alert. The man kept his hands on his Spread Needle, keeping his finger near the trigger. Raz's radio clicked on, and he took his finger off the trigger for a moment to put his earpiece in.
"...you got the shit that Black Paper owes to my organisation or what, man?" The RAmar asked in a cocky, snobby kind of voice. His manners were definatly not the best.
"Black Paper owes no one nothing, and only trades, never gives." The HUcast replied sharply.
"Yeah yeah, we know that. That's why I brought you this..." The RAmar reached for his black package, and opened it up. The airlock made a belch sound when it opened. Raziel zoomed in to see what it was. Hundreds of small blue crystals were in the package.
"...Sapphire Photons, huh?" The android said sternly. "Indeed a worthy trade. Black Paper will be pleased." The HUcast took one of the crystals, examined it, and placed it back in the package.
"But if you can, try to incapacitate him. A man with his education in computers will most definatly be a prize for the market. Wouldn't you agree, Raziel?"
The RAmar was shaking a bit.
"Lemme see your shit now." He asked. The HUcast held up his hands.
"Hold on a moment, don't be so pushy. Calm down." It said. Raziel's first thought was that the HUcast was being too nice, but being a trade-bot it probably had to be. The HUcast turned for his package, and the RAmar lifted up his Spread Needle, placing his finger on the trigger. Raz's senses all burst to life and immidiatly he took aim and fired his Wals at the hand of the RAmar. The RAmar screamed and dropped the gun. The HUcast turned around to face the RAmar and held a Suppressed Gun in his hands.
"Let this be a lesson to The Order, pal." The HUcast leveled the gun at the RAmar's head and blew it clean off. Blood sprayed in the air, the mortal crimson cloud becoming a fine mist and then dissapearing with the rain. The man lay limp on the floor.
"The order...I've always hated them...crazy religious hippies...Never trust one, Raz. Never."
The HUcast grabbed the other package. He turned to Raziel's general location and waved.
"Thanks for the assistance! I'll let Black Paper know of your performance. See you back at HQ!" The HUcast said, running out of the room. Raz stared at the newly dead Order-man. He took a deep breath, let it out, and turned his back, heading back for pioneer two.

Skett
Apr 18, 2004, 12:17 AM
Interesting. I enjoy this. (What's more to say?) Uh, good job.

Sord
Apr 18, 2004, 12:14 PM
... *smacks a stick at the back of Spike's head, breaking it on impact*

PM me when you made a new fic/chapter!!! Never leave it to FKL. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyhow... time for the ever annoying question: When is the next chapter?

Also, looks like you have some potential for this story, kinda intrested in how Razial (sp?) is a phyco, looking foreward to that.

SpikeOtacon
Apr 18, 2004, 02:11 PM
Chapter two

Raziel headed back to pioneer two, his mind filled with the images of the dead RAmar. The way his face was twisted into a contorted smile, the blood matching his suit, the bullet hole and exit wound so perfectly placed...It brought a smile to his face, thinking about what the young man's final thought was before the photon fizzled his brain. Could it have been a thought of sheer terror? Or perhaps relief? It didn't matter anymore, because the mind that had thought it was in pieces all over the forest. The rappies probably ate it already.

His radio clicked.

"Raziel, this is Black. Good work. Agent K has already informed me of your performance. We have another job ready for you, if you wish to take it." Raziel tapped his radio, responding.

"Sure." He said, his voice deep and raspy. "Where do I go to get details?"

"The bar in the Red Light district. I believe it's called 'Starshine'. You know the place, don't you?" Black asked. Of course Raz knew of the place, he'd been there many times during his training at Lance's academy.

"Affirmative. How long should I take?" Raziel asked. There was silence on the radio for a few moments.

"...Xan's already there. You should head down there now so he can get on his way. He's expecting you." The radio clicked off, and Raz nodded to himself. Xan had been at the academy as well. Xan was also a RAmar class, but he was much different from the rest. He had a robotic eye in place of his right eye, which had been seared off in a fight. This made his accuracy immensly better than other snipers, but he preferred up-close work with a shotgun. Xan had introduced Raz to Black Paper's work shortly before graduation. Xan had already been doing odd-jobs, and insisted that Raz try some.

He thought about the times back at the academy on the walk to 'Starshine'. Xan and him were big friends since day one, and had often pulled pranks on other students there. One of his favorite pranks was when they lined the toilet in Lance's private bathroom with white phosperous. Lance had sear-marks on his ass for weeks, and couldn't walk right. He never did find out who did it. Of course, Xan said it was probably explosive diahreah. No one dared laugh. Raz remembered that Xan had liked a girl on campus, Francesca. A young HUnewearl with beautiful red hair. She was very easy to fool, and was very sensitive. Anything could set her into tears. She seemed somewhat calm with Xan around, but she was still easily upset. She left the academy before their graduation, and Xan regretted never asking her out.

'Starshine' looked like a fairly old nightclub, even though it had only been a few months since his last visit. A lot of drug busts had been done there, and some gangs tried to blow it up. Raz's guess was that the owner belonged to a gang of some sort. Opening the door to 'Starshine', he saw young couples dancing, drinking, making out, and even one couple arguing. Heavy techno music pounded from large speakers. He saw Xan with a cig in his mouth, sitting near a table. Xan saw him, and made a motion with his hand for Raz to come and sit. Raz smiled at the sight of his old friend, and had begun to walk towards the table when he bumped into a waitress. She was carrying a drink, but it didn't spill. She looked up at him, her blue eyes glistening.

"Oh dear, i'm sorry sir. Excuse me." She said, trembling. Raz felt his heart jump. She was very pretty, her red hair going down to her waist. He held his hand out to her.

"It's ok, I should've been a bit more perceptive. My apologies. You ok?" He asked, sweat rolling down the side of his face. She took his hand, and has he pulled her to her feet she smiled and said,

"I'll be fine, thank you." She giggled, and immidiatly turned to her table and set the drink down. She walked off to the bar, and gathered a few more drinks. Raz's heart rate was insanely high, and he felt himself getting riled-up. He clicked his mask off and took a stimulant pill, to calm himself. Xan laughed.

"Hahah, still taking those damn things, eh?" He said, putting his hand on Raz's shoulder. Raz turned sharply and saw his friend smiling, motioning for him to sit at the table. Raz laughed and sat down. Xan took the seat next to him.

"You need anything to drink?" Xan asked, seeing the rush of adreniline in Raz's eyes. Raz shook his head. "Well alright." Xan said, taking a sip of his drink. "Now, this job, it's kinda tricky. But of course, it's an assassination. Your kinda stuff. There's this guy, a big-shot lawyer. Name's Zuchovsky. He's taking a case for a lady who overheard one of Black's conversations. She told her lawyer everything. Black managed to kidnap her and is working on erasing her memory and possibly selling her off. Meanwhile, her lawyer still knows everything. You need to kill him. Either that, or sedate him and bring him to Black's HQ so we can erase his memory. You need to do this within the next two days, before the case goes public." Xan handed Raz a photo of a man in a business suit. Short black hair, about 5' 7", light build. This man could probably be knocked over with a stiff breeze.

"Where do I do this?" Raz asked. Xan laughed.

"At his home, i'd guess. But i'd more rather do it in a public place. It's up to you really. Information's on the disk on the back of the photo."

Raz felt the back of the photo, and pulled an optical disk off. Raz held it in his hands, thinking for a moment.

"...why me? Why not you?" Raz asked. Xan set his drink down.

"Black already asked me to do this, but i've got one better. He's got me taking care of these two twins. We've got one in a memory wipe, but having both would be best. Besides, if we get both, I get to keep one." Xan smiled and laughed a bit. "And DAMN are they hot! I mean, the ass on the one we've got now! Whoo!" Raz half-smiled. Xan's perverted sense of humor wasn't one of the best features about him. Raz nodded, as Xan's smile faded.

"What do you plan to do with her?" Raz asked. Xan got up.

"Whatever's on my mind at the moment, man. And you KNOW what that could be." Xan laughed a belly laugh, and held his hand out to Raz. "I gotta head out now. You take care." Raz clasped hands with his friend, giving him a firm handshake. Xan walked out of the bar, leaving Raz to sit there. The waitress came up to him.

"You want a drink?" She asked. Raz shook his head. She gave him a big grin, looking at him with those beautfiul eyes. Under his mask, Raz was blushing. She walked off, and Raz stared at her as she left.

"...Well Xan...now I know how you feel..."

Solstis
Apr 18, 2004, 02:20 PM
OooOOOooOOOoH!

Myseterious

*Wiggles fingers*

[/Sluggy Freelance]

I likey! The second chapter has a bit better flow, probably due to the better spacing, but I love it overall.

The first two chapters, pretty much, could be put in ANY edgy storyline.

Great Work!

RagRappyBoy
Apr 18, 2004, 06:57 PM
pretty good, man. I like it so far. Can't wait to see the next chapter. The second was good, but I'm waiting for the for the action...

Sord
Apr 18, 2004, 07:08 PM
On 2004-04-18 12:11, SpikeOtacon wrote:

"...Well Xan...now I know how you feel..."

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

though i must ask if Francesca and the waitress are the same person or related in someway, seeing as they both have red hair, and it seemed like you might have applied Francesca's personality to the waitress'.

Anyhow... i hope you keep this release rate up (one per day) even if it's short, it will take away some of this friggen boredom. So uh... I'm out of things to say.

EDIT: Note to self: use preview tool!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2004-04-18 17:55 ]</font>

AzureBlaze
Apr 18, 2004, 11:53 PM
By any chance have you seen Kill Bill 1 recently?

That whole rapeing the girl under coma/mind wipe situation thing is highly akin to what "Buck" and his pal had been doing to poor Bride.

The notion of committing sex on unwilling nearly dead people is highly repulsive and serves to make this an even shady-er character then most badguys appearing in the various fics around here. No matter how pretty they are if they're staring mindlessly, drooling, dead or close to it...only the deranged may still find them attractive mates?

KaFKa
Apr 20, 2004, 05:07 AM
spike, this is damn good. i love it

SpikeOtacon
Apr 20, 2004, 05:19 AM
On 2004-04-18 21:53, AzureBlaze wrote:
By any chance have you seen Kill Bill 1 recently?

No.

The notion of committing sex on unwilling nearly dead people is highly repulsive and serves to make this an even shady-er character then most badguys appearing in the various fics around here. No matter how pretty they are if they're staring mindlessly, drooling, dead or close to it...only the deranged may still find them attractive mates?

...that's kinda what I was going for.
Thanks for reading so far, I hope i've got you all hooked. Chapter 3 later today.