PDA

View Full Version : Is this serious?

DurakkenX
Apr 18, 2004, 10:04 AM
I looked up the "Best" equipment for chars and i came across this and i just can't believe it

HUcast
Weapon -
Lavis Cannon
Chainsawd
High Hit % Charge Vulcan
Red Handgun
Diska of Braveman

Armor - D Parts ver 1.01

Units -
God Battle
PB/Create
God Power
God Ability

Shield - S Parts ver 2.01

First of all, how are D and S parts good? they are like way weak in stats and as far as i've seen have no special to them when used together...Electro Frame and Kasami Bracer way cooler looking and overall better stats

Units...ermmm..God ability x3 + God Battle is way better and max stats while increase attack speed. You gain PB quick enough to use the only good PBs anyways...

As for weps...WHY??!?! Orotiagito is way better than a lavis and is same special...Tsumikiri J-Sword has a way cooler special attack and way better than chain sawd over all...Diskas are useless...Charge Vulcan is too slow to attack with recover and such...Red Handgun is cool.

3v1L19
Apr 18, 2004, 10:11 AM
On 2004-04-18 08:04, DurakkenX wrote:
I looked up the "Best" equipment for chars and i came across this and i just can't believe it

HUcast
Weapon -
Lavis Cannon
Chainsawd
High Hit % Charge Vulcan
Red Handgun
Diska of Braveman

Armor - D Parts ver 1.01

Units -
God Battle
PB/Create
God Power
God Ability

Shield - S Parts ver 2.01

First of all, how are D and S parts good? they are like way weak in stats and as far as i've seen have no special to them when used together...Electro Frame and Kasami Bracer way cooler looking and overall better stats

Units...ermmm..God ability x3 + God Battle is way better and max stats while increase attack speed. You gain PB quick enough to use the only good PBs anyways...

As for weps...WHY??!?! Orotiagito is way better than a lavis and is same special...Tsumikiri J-Sword has a way cooler special attack and way better than chain sawd over all...Diskas are useless...Charge Vulcan is too slow to attack with recover and such...Red Handgun is cool.

Where did you find this stuff? Anyway best stuff is what you make it, not what someone else says is the best. Anyway TJ is just dumb becuase every noob uses it...

Dhylec
Apr 18, 2004, 10:21 AM
i don't see best any where >_>
i think you misread the title & missed the little note at the end of the guide..
Note that these are just suggested ideal equipment and should just be used as a guide in conjuction with the Character Maxing Stats Guide and not as directions.

so this guide is not absolute, it depends on the player & preference in the end

Hrith
Apr 18, 2004, 10:24 AM
that's your opinion, and besides TJ being a hack, Chain Sawd special is a lot more useful on a HUcast.

God/Ability is a useless unit anyway, Cure/Shock and Cure/Freeze will save your hide a lot more.

Ketchup345
Apr 18, 2004, 10:27 AM
On 2004-04-18 08:04, DurakkenX wrote:

1) That guide was written for unlegits, and many now consider it a joke.
2) The D and S parts for their other stat bunuses. The S-Parts 2.01 give 15 ATA over class maximum (especially useful on HUcasts), and the D-Parts 1.01 give 35 more ATP (I believe over class max, not 100% sure).
2) God/Ability is hard to find one of, never mind 3. A PB/Create gives you enough PB to launch the Twins before the previous one wears off (given that you continue attacking and getting hit).
4) Lavis shoots many beams, I believe; and if left untekked, hits multiple enemies and doesn't take HP. Also, many consider Saber animations better than Katana animations.
5) Very few people have a legit TJS, due to the rarity of the SJS, and the work needed to unseal it. Some people would prefer to have an HP drain special than the TJS's special (what is it? Isn't it like a Heaven Punisher's? If so, that makes it light elemental).
6) Diskas are not useless. They are a HUnter's version of a Shot/Needle, since they can hit up to 5 enemies from a range.
7) The Vulcans aren't too bad, especially if you have practice and/or a God/Battle. Vulcans can tear through an enemy at an insane speed.
8) Yes, Red Handgun is good for HUnters. I personally would prefer a Gush S-Rank Handgun though (if availible).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-04-18 08:27 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Apr 18, 2004, 10:41 AM
suggested ideal all the same...someone says this is the IDEAL and i can't see how it is when their stats and such suck.

God Ability raises stats to max at lv 200 if you have proper mag and proper material usage, only way to do it. if you need to take something off take offgod battle because that slight speed dif makes very lil dif, but for the most part cure/freeze and cure/paralysis are unused throughout a run. PB/Create i've already said why is worthless and God power...well once you get max everything why have a god power on?

Tsumikiri may be used by every noob, doesn't make it any better or worse...unoriginal, but all the same it is the best sword out there. If you want to steal HP grab a pair of Sange & Yasha..they hit more, and have higher atp...Srealing HP is unecessary for HUcast for the most part as the HP regen it comes with is good enough. It's pure stupidity that i see right there.

Tsumikiri J-Sword, Sange & yasha, Orotiagito, is all you need...unless you like saber, daggers and double sabers then Lavis Cannon, Lavis Blades, and Black King Bar are the best...everything else is a pure waste of time. specials take to long to get off to be effective for the most part and those that maybe are good prove a waste due to other players. It's like Dark Flow..best ATP and best special...but 1 swing and can't even get the dang thing off most of the time and if you do..someone heals you before you get it off and you get smacked again

Hrith
Apr 18, 2004, 10:53 AM
2) The D and S parts for their other stat bunuses. The S-Parts 2.01 give 15 ATA over class maximum (especially useful on HUcasts), and the D-Parts 1.01 give 35 more ATP (I believe over class max, not 100% sure)
35 ATP over class limit, rather useless on HUcast >_>

4) Lavis shoots many beams, I believe; and if left untekked, hits multiple enemies and doesn't take HP.
Lavis Cannon shots one penetrating wave per hit with the power of hard attack if left untekked and only on non-PAL games.
Orotiagito shots one penetrating wave per hit with the power of a hard attack, but at the cost of 7% of your max HP.
Orotiagito totally pwns tekked Lavis Cannon.

Some people would prefer to have an HP drain special than the TJS's special (what is it? Isn't it like a Heaven Punisher's? If so, that makes it light elemental).
Tsumikiri J-Sword and Berdysh special consist of a dome of blue rays dealing damage to any monster in that dome.
The special will take all your PB, but a minimum of 20 is required to launch it.
More PB = dome lasts longer.
100 PB = you can use the special on the three swings.
The damage dealt by the Berdysh Dome has the power of a standard attack.
The damage dealt by the Tsumikiri J-Sword Dome has the power of a heavy attack.
Both are non-elemental.

6) Diskas are not useless. They are a HUnter's version of a Shot/Needle, since they can hit up to 5 enemies from a range.
Slicers can only hit 4 targets.

8) Yes, Red Handgun is good for Hunters. I personally would prefer a Gush S-Rank Handgun though (if availible)
Gush S-Rank Gun is not worth it, it has too low ATA with a HUcast to use the special consistently, even offline. And the best way to have it work would be to use weak-weak-special (or weak-heavy-special) which gives you 120 HP per combo, kinda useless when you have over 1500 HP to recover, and Chain Sawd gives you a lot more per swing.

DurakkenX
Apr 18, 2004, 10:53 AM
I've never seen anything like that on them...i will check, but i doubt highly.

S/D on an S-Rank is better i believe..or is it s-red...whatever i don't use I'm strong enough without S/D

4. true true..i forgot all about that, but as stated above with Kef...although Lavis is faster because of saber animation

5. What does it matter whether it's legit or not? i mean seriously...when your saying ideal then you mean best on a char...and didn't keep them off every other hunter class list

6. of course you need to hit things with it first to prove effective and it just doesn't with Hucast's ATA

7. mechguns have too long of a wait time for recover in my oppinion for as low as they do damage...you could use that time to just bat them with your sword or saber

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2004-04-18 08:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2004-04-18 08:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2004-04-18 09:01 ]</font>

Hrith
Apr 18, 2004, 11:01 AM
On 2004-04-18 08:41, DurakkenX wrote:
suggested ideal all the same...someone says this is the IDEAL and i can't see how it is when their stats and such suck.

God Ability raises stats to max at lv 200 if you have proper mag and proper material usage, only way to do it. if you need to take something off take offgod battle because that slight speed dif makes very lil dif, but for the most part cure/freeze and cure/paralysis are unused throughout a run. PB/Create i've already said why is worthless and God power...well once you get max everything why have a god power on?

Tsumikiri may be used by every noob, doesn't make it any better or worse...unoriginal, but all the same it is the best sword out there. If you want to steal HP grab a pair of Sange & Yasha..they hit more, and have higher atp...Srealing HP is unecessary for HUcast for the most part as the HP regen it comes with is good enough. It's pure stupidity that i see right there.

Tsumikiri J-Sword, Sange & yasha, Orotiagito, is all you need...unless you like saber, daggers and double sabers then Lavis Cannon, Lavis Blades, and Black King Bar are the best...everything else is a pure waste of time. specials take to long to get off to be effective for the most part and those that maybe are good prove a waste due to other players. It's like Dark Flow..best ATP and best special...but 1 swing and can't even get the dang thing off most of the time and if you do..someone heals you before you get it off and you get smacked again
Ok, that's YOUR opinion, and honestly, it is as stupid to me as the guide you quoted, if not more, at least the guide says "suggested".

And many people here are legit, like Ketchup and myself, for instance, so Tsumikiri is right out. And even if I had a legit one, I would NOT use it on my HUcast, Chain Sawd is a lot more useful, and HUcast does not need power, he has enough.

Ketchup345
Apr 18, 2004, 11:03 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

On 2004-04-18 08:53, DurakkenX wrote:
7. mechguns have too long of a wait time for recover in my oppinion for as low as they do damage...you could use that time to just bat them with your sword or saber

They do better damage than any other weapon at higher levels, doing 300+ damage per hit easily.
9 Hits > 3 Hits

DurakkenX
Apr 18, 2004, 11:15 AM
On 2004-04-18 09:03, Ketchup345 wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

On 2004-04-18 08:53, DurakkenX wrote:

They do better damage than any other weapon at higher levels, doing 300+ damage per hit easily.
9 Hits > 3 Hits

9 hits > 3 hits? yes, at 300? no

TJ = 900+ per hit and can hit multiple enemies plus as a higher hit rate than mech guns. if you want to stand back and try to shoot something with a 10% chance of hitting be my guest...those 9 hits are reduced to about 1 or 2 hits and do 600 rather than the 2700 you'd think...if you need multiple hits that do damage throw a sange & yasha in there 700+ at 5hits do 3500 damage...way better than you mechs, plus they can steal hp for 300+ damage still which do still 1500 and gives you back about 750 HP

Hrith
Apr 18, 2004, 11:23 AM
mechs with hit% will pwn even a BKB on a Hunter, especially if they have a Charge special.

and when you steal HP with weapons such as S&Y, the HP stolen is from the monsters, therefore, if you were to deal 300 per hit with S&Y special, and steal 120 HP as well, you would deal 2100 per combo, not 1500.

And also, 100% weapons cannot be taken into account, we are talking legit here, if you're not, your opinion will have little to no credit.

Ketchup345
Apr 18, 2004, 11:29 AM
On 2004-04-18 09:15, DurakkenX wrote:
9 hits > 3 hits? yes, at 300? no

TJ = 900+ per hit and can hit multiple enemies plus as a higher hit rate than mech guns. if you want to stand back and try to shoot something with a 10% chance of hitting be my guest...those 9 hits are reduced to about 1 or 2 hits and do 600 rather than the 2700 you'd think...if you need multiple hits that do damage throw a sange & yasha in there 700+ at 5hits do 3500 damage...way better than you mechs, plus they can steal hp for 300+ damage still which do still 1500 and gives you back about 750 HP

These numbers were taken by me using a RAmarl at only level 121 with nowhere near maxed ATP with only level 20 Shifta, and legit, but not fully ground L&K 14's using a Hard attack, not even a Charge (I'm too much into raising Mags for this)/Berserk/Spirit.

You could easily do much, much better with a HUnter with good ATA/high hit% (people buy 50% hit Charge Vulcans by the dozen).

DurakkenX
Apr 18, 2004, 11:31 AM
no we aren't we're talking ideal..the best you can get...not legit...given the fact you can't even get hit % on S&Y yet is BS but oh well...on ULT then would be untekked/tekked lavis cannon...the others can hardly even hit...so yeah...legit or not makes no difference..

Ketchup345
Apr 18, 2004, 11:35 AM
On 2004-04-18 09:31, DurakkenX wrote:
no we aren't we're talking ideal..the best you can get...not legit...given the fact you can't even get hit % on S&Y yet is BS but oh well...on ULT then would be untekked/tekked lavis cannon...the others can hardly even hit...so yeah...legit or not makes no difference..

Legit does play a major factor to many (and probably most people here, many are just unlegit to try a few things or experimenting) people in this game.

Also, where did you find that you can't get hit% on Sange and Yasha? You can, one of the Katanas has to have hit% (I am not sure which one though). I remember that some people piped Mils until they got a Sange with 50+ Hit%.

DurakkenX
Apr 18, 2004, 11:49 AM
i see..i only got to make one...

but yeah anyways ... ideally % would be max so yeah my argument stands.

Hrith
Apr 18, 2004, 12:25 PM
On 2004-04-18 09:49, DurakkenX wrote:
i see..i only got to make one...

but yeah anyways ... ideally % would be max so yeah my argument stands.
Absolutely not, it's only your opinion.

And it does not matter which weapon has the % when combining them (S&Y, Guld Milla), what you need to do is equip the one with the % and "use" the other.

Saffran
Apr 18, 2004, 01:52 PM
(completely missing the point here) I counted 10 hits with a complete mechgun combo. (3-4-3) It doesn't always happen though, you have to time your combo in a special manner.

Hrith
Apr 18, 2004, 02:08 PM
On 2004-04-18 11:52, Saffran wrote:
(completely missing the point here) I counted 10 hits with a complete mechgun combo. (3-4-3) It doesn't always happen though, you have to time your combo in a special manner.
All Mechs in the game do a 3-3-3 combo, no exception, whatever the timing.

Solstis
Apr 18, 2004, 02:13 PM
On 2004-04-18 12:08, Kef wrote:

On 2004-04-18 11:52, Saffran wrote:
All Mechs in the game do a 3-3-3 combo, no exception, whatever the timing.

The numbers pop up slowly.

And... a variable amount of bullets is not possible in a set photon clip (I forgot who, but a "clip" of photon bullets is the current theory)

iamfanboy
Apr 18, 2004, 03:02 PM
Hey, I've got a Sange with 30% hit, so yeah, if i ever laid hands on a Yasha...

And I'm rather agreeing with most of these fellas in that this list is meant for legit. If it hadn't been, there would have been a notation like "See l33t hakzor online at ship X @ beat 550 he'll hook you up". http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif