PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday I Knew

velvetglamor
Apr 18, 2004, 11:48 AM
I haven't posted here in awhile I know (getting back from Italy and all) but this is my first chapter in a fiction I'm writing. The title of the fic is Yesterday I Knew . I hope yall like it. Give me some feedback.
_________

Yesterday...
"Can you hear me?"
...something happened...
"Is he breathing?"
...not good...
"I think so..."
...I need to warn...
"Check his pulse."
...I tried to help...
"I think he's trying to talk."
...I think I did...
"Can you help him?"
...can?t remember...
"Yeah, I think he was just knocked unconscious."
...no...no...don't...it's coming back...

Rain. Cold. Pain. Gone.

Wide green eyes were anxiously watching my every move. Her face was childlike and innocent, but I knew that behind those glitter painted eyes was a far more advanced mind. I was slowly becoming aware that I could feel my body and the weight of it that gravity created. The tingle of an advanced Resta spell was fading slowly from my body.
"I can't remember." I whispered to her.
I touched her cheek carefully in fear that I might shatter her porcelain skin. My fingers left a trail of mud but she didn't seem to mind. She took a hand away from the Demonic Fork she was holding and closed her tiny fingers around mine. Teal-white hair was dripping with water and stuck to her face and large Newman ears. I had to laugh to think about the fact that the large hat she had on must have added at least an inch to her height. She was barely half the size of that Fork she had.
"It's ok. It will come back to you." Her voice was soft and had an air of relief in it. "What's your name?"
"Evangelos." I said and attempted to push myself up with my free hand. I would not have been successful if another pair of hands had not closed around my shoulders. I turned my head slowly to see a soft pink and white HUcaseal kneeling beside me. She nodded her head slightly to acknowledge her presence.
"I'm Chopin, Evangelos." The FOneweral told me. "And this is my friend Mozart." She motioned towards the HUcaseal.
"How did you find me?" I asked. I felt a bit more steady and my vision had stopped blurring now. I could make out the tall trees that surrounded us through the dense fog. I pondered over the question of how I had gotten here.
"You friend there was a bit worried about you." Chopin motioned to my MAG, Liszt, who was curled up on my leg. A bright shimmer of light went through him as my eyes landed on him.
"Well, I knew you were good for something." I laughed quietly as the devil tail shaped MAG sent out a series of scrambled sound in reply. "You know, I'm probably lucky I can't understand what you say to me."
"Were there any others in your company?" Mozart asked. Her voice was surprisingly deep for her slender form.
"I...I can't remember." I shook my head. "I don't remember anything. I'm sorry."
Mozart patted my shoulder gently and then said:
"Don't worry. We can notify the Guild that we found you and ask if anyone else didn't check in."
"Did they not send out a notice already?" I asked and rubbed my head with a groan. "They always notify all the Hunters if someone does not check in..."
Chopin shook her head. "Nothing was said, not even about you."
"That's strange..." I frowned. Something was not right. Something had happened to me yesterday. I just could not remember anything.
"We'll check into it later." Mozart spoke firmly as she pulled me to my feet. "First, we need to get you back to Pioneer 2. You look like hell."
I didn't even want to think about my appearance. The striped red and black stockings I had on were ripped as was my thin black silk shirt. My frame had taken noticeable damage and the weapon I had been carrying was nowhere in sight. For the first time I resented the platform shoes I had worked so hard to learn how to walk in. I was so disoriented that with only one step I almost sent myself right back to the ground. Mozart caught me and slipped a strong arm around my waist.
"Thanks." I brushed my black hair out of my bright blue eyes so I could better see around me. I stopped and felt my head again. "Where's my..."
"Here." Chopin held out the large Jester's hat to me with a small laugh. "Thought you wouldn't get far without it."
"It's all about the hat." I joked weakly and slid the hat down over my head. A telepipe had already been made and was waving back and forth in front of the three of us. I felt faint though. The swirling strands of colour made me dizzy. I closed my eyes to steady myself.

Dark night. Loud crash. Flash of light. Desperate cry. Familiar voice.
"EVAN!"

My eyes snapped open and I could hear my own voice screaming.
But I still could not remember.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: velvetglamor on 2004-04-18 10:01 ]</font>

EndlessNight
Apr 18, 2004, 12:05 PM
*bows deeply and repeatedly*

We are not worthy... we are not worthy...

Very good Evan, very good. I knew you had something big going.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EndlessNight on 2004-04-18 10:06 ]</font>

Kuea
Apr 18, 2004, 03:01 PM
wow that is very good.
when will there be more?
I love it so far.

velvetglamor
Apr 18, 2004, 05:04 PM
Thank you both so much! Well, I will post more as soon as I can write it. I will have the second chapter up within the next few days. I don't want to take too long between chapters!
I'm so happy that y'all liked it!

Stormsworder
Apr 18, 2004, 05:26 PM
Great story. Can't wait to read more of it.

Robo47
Apr 18, 2004, 09:07 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif