PDA

View Full Version : Dark Bridge

Kuea
Apr 18, 2004, 05:05 PM
am I the only one who didn't know that it drains your HP when you cast a spell.

Oh and the fact it can parylize you?

I was killing myself in the mines by casting spells and when I realized this I started healing myself a whole lot more.

well sure thats just fine stronger spells I thought.
when I got to Vol Opt I was fighting him and beat him down to his second form.

PARALYZED.
with no anti-paralysis. I was pissed.
I hate the dark bridge.

so who else knew about the HP drain and paraylisis?
and had bead encounters like mine.

Dragon_Ash
Apr 18, 2004, 05:07 PM
the dark bridge reduces the tp cost of spells by half.. and the the half of the tp that was not taken is taken away from your hp, it also causes random status effects though i'm not sure how many that is

doubletake123
Apr 18, 2004, 05:11 PM
yes i did and i think the physco wand also drains your hp.

Dragon_Ash
Apr 18, 2004, 05:14 PM
yes... the psycho wand also drains hp equal to half the amout of tp required to cast the tech, i think there's paralyze, confuse and freeze on the dark bridge, but hopefuly someone can confirm that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Siris
Apr 18, 2004, 05:26 PM
On 2004-04-18 15:05, Eclair wrote:

I was killing myself in the mines by casting spells and when I realized this I started healing myself a whole lot more.

PARALYZED.
I hate the dark bridge.

I didn't know...but, that's because it's not an item you can get on the X-box.

Zinger314
Apr 18, 2004, 05:33 PM
On 2004-04-18 15:26, Siris wrote:

PARALYZED.
I hate the dark bridge.

Legitly. I played on the Xbox, and I saw tons of Dark Bridges.

Ketchup345
Apr 18, 2004, 07:32 PM
On 2004-04-18 15:14, Dragon_Ash wrote:
yes... the psycho wand also drains hp equal to half the amout of tp required to cast the tech, i think there's paralyze, confuse and freeze on the dark bridge, but hopefuly someone can confirm that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

The Psycho wand drains the full tech cost from your HP, not 1/2. But it doesn't cast random status effects.

I am not sure on all of the statuses the Dark Bridge causes.

Xero_Silvera
Apr 18, 2004, 07:39 PM
Psycho wand drains your hp instead of tp? wtf is the point in that.. forces have MUCH more TP then HP http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
-xero

Ketchup345
Apr 18, 2004, 07:41 PM
On 2004-04-18 17:39, Xero_Silvera wrote:
Psycho wand drains your hp instead of tp? wtf is the point in that.. forces have MUCH more TP then HP http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
-xero

No, it drains the Full Tech cost from your HP, and 1/2 the TP cost from your TP.

Hrith
Apr 18, 2004, 10:31 PM
The point is that your TP goes down half as fast, and casting a Resta from time to time because of HP drain is no big for a Force.

Dark Bridge randomly casts Paralysis, Confuse, Slow and Freeze.

Eihwaz
Apr 18, 2004, 10:37 PM
On a side note, it also makes Megid penetrate, and boosts the power of Grants 20%.

EDIT: Yeah, like Kef said, lowering TP drained means more bang for your buck. Or, more Techs for your TP...and less buying of pricey Trifluid.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-04-18 20:39 ]</font>

Dana
Apr 18, 2004, 11:22 PM
i've been wondering for a whiile you said megid penatrates, but what does that mean?

Nai_Calus
Apr 19, 2004, 12:40 AM
You know how Barta hits an enemy and keeps going, hitting any enemies behind that? That's what Dark Bridge makes Megid do(FOnewearls have this as a native abililty). Penetrating Megid is nice, because just because it doesn't kill the first thing it hits, doesn't mean it won't kill the second or third.

I use a Dark Bridge for my runs of the first two rooms of West Tower while my FOmar looks for a MKB... With the Dark Bridge's penetrating Megid and halved TP cost, my FOmar can get through what he bothers killing in less than a TP bar. No fluids necessary.

Only Dark weapon worth having , IMO.

Dragon_Ash
Apr 19, 2004, 01:23 AM
i suppose the dark bridge makes it pretty tough... especially if you get a bulk or del lily to reduce your hp to 1 and then having to cast resta for it... and i suppose that goes for hp draining armours too XD

Nai_Calus
Apr 19, 2004, 11:42 AM
On 2004-04-18 23:23, Dragon_Ash wrote:
i suppose the dark bridge makes it pretty tough... especially if you get a bulk or del lily to reduce your hp to 1 and then having to cast resta for it... and i suppose that goes for hp draining armours too XD

Heh. I don't think it actually works that way in actual use. Suppose I could stand around killing myself later, just spam Megid until I'm almost dead(And hope my Rati doesn't heal me, heh), and then Resta to see what happens.

Also, have you ever heard of these nifty things called mates? When you use one, it heals you! It's amazing! >_>;;;

Psycho Wand will kill you faster if it comes to that, too. Bridge only takes half the cost from HP, PWand full, as has been stated.

Personally, I see them both as novelty weapons, as I don't care for their effect and neither boosts techniques I use frequently. I only ever use the Dark Bridge I have because of the penetrating Megid and the TP cost reduction allowing me to make my WT runs without going broke/going insane.

Kuea
Apr 19, 2004, 04:38 PM
well now I am starting to like it a bit more.

maybe if I just equip my cure paraylisis.

Siris
Apr 19, 2004, 05:38 PM
On 2004-04-18 15:33, Zinger314 wrote:

On 2004-04-18 15:26, Siris wrote:

PARALYZED.
I hate the dark bridge.

Legitly. I played on the Xbox, and I saw tons of Dark Bridges.

I have seen several myself but, they are hacked and then duped to hell and back, not legitly found.

magicmage119
Apr 19, 2004, 06:21 PM
I have seen several myself but, they are hacked and then duped to hell and back, not legitly found.

He said Legitly. Notice the period? He was saying that while you can not legitly find them, they are mass duped and hacked.