PDA

View Full Version : A curious thing about Indi Belras...

Crystal_Shard
Apr 18, 2004, 07:41 PM
Just wondering if anyone has realised this yet...

Say you're a low-level who's just broken into Ult; heck, you're a mid-high level character
and you bump into the trio of Indi Belras. All of a sudden, you're dodging and weaving around
the huge arms whizzing over your head, trying to land a hit on them and trying to stay alive.

The old trick of getting the Belras to kill each other doesn't work here because they don't
seem to attack enemies in their path any longer. What are you gonna do? Keep running and
do hit and run strikes?

Better not do that. ^_^

The next time you encounter any number of Indi Belras, just stand stock still. I'm serious.

There's a strange glitch (Or maybe it was intended?) that Indi Belras absolutely cannot hit you
if you stand in one place and never move.They will attack your left and your right, but they
have a blind spot right in the center of their firing arc - they cannot touch you here.

Of course if you have to fend off Dimenians, or a Gran Sorceror, by all means duck and dodge,
but if you can stand your ground and kill everything, do so.

The next time anyone fights Belras, try it. You'll learn not to fear them in time. ^_^ They fall real
fast to a Razonde spam. ^_^

Dragon_Ash
Apr 18, 2004, 07:49 PM
yes, indi belra can't hit you when you stand still since they position themselves to be directly facing you, thus firing their claw either side of you...

for some reason the designers decided not to allow their attacks to hit enemies and i don't understand myself how their claws can hurt you since they just go over your head >_>

but an indi belra and any other enemy will have you running around in no time... if so, just make them dizzy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

VulpesMundi
Apr 18, 2004, 08:13 PM
Problem is that trick only works on the Dreamcast/PC version 2. On the Gamecube/X-Box/PC Episode I&II they fixed that and you can no longer stand still and avoid getting hit. Wheeee~

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 18, 2004, 10:34 PM
The reason Indi Belras dont harm other monsters is becuz, if they did.. once you go into a room with em they would clear out an entire pack of monsters within a minute or less and make things much easier for you.Also the game would be much easier if an Ob Lily's Megid could instantly kill other monsters.
Its neat that Nano Dargon is able to kill other monsters and become larger with each victim it kills up to a max of 3 times,Its kinda amusing when a nano purposely aims for another monster and just hits him with the nano laser.

Dragon_Ash
Apr 19, 2004, 01:10 AM
On 2004-04-18 18:13, VulpesMundi wrote:
Problem is that trick only works on the Dreamcast/PC version 2. On the Gamecube/X-Box/PC Episode I&II they fixed that and you can no longer stand still and avoid getting hit. Wheeee~

fixed it...? the indi belras i've killed just stand their firing their arms either side of my fonewearl... sometimes i feel like leaving her to regain TP while their fire away at their hearts content... but i'd rather not...

drizzle
Apr 19, 2004, 02:40 AM

Interesting. They miss me when I stand still. A friend with the US version gets smacked around by them all the time. Perhaps only the US version is 'fixed' (Im on PAL GC) ?

KaFKa
Apr 19, 2004, 06:04 AM
indi belras are kinda funny. they had a built-in "windage" feature, so that if you kept moving in one dorection, you would always get hit. really smart for the designers, in all honesty. but then they forgot to add an "off" feature to that little trick, which is why you get the "T-rex" effect with them on most versions.

Dana
Apr 19, 2004, 06:34 AM

no, the trick does work on GC, don't know about XB, but i just still and kick there asses

Cyger
Apr 19, 2004, 04:13 PM
O.o I have no clue what you guys are talking about because if I stand still for a moment I get slaughtered....doesn't work for me >.< And I never get hit when I'm running....It's usually a Delsaber I run into..or a Claw(dang those things are scary)...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cyger on 2004-04-19 14:15 ]</font>

VulpesMundi
Apr 19, 2004, 04:24 PM
On 2004-04-19 00:40, drizzle wrote:
Interesting. They miss me when I stand still. A friend with the US version gets smacked around by them all the time. Perhaps only the US version is 'fixed' (Im on PAL GC) ?

On 2004-04-19 04:34, Dana_ranger wrote:
no, the trick does work on GC, don't know about XB, but i just still and kick there asses

It doesn't work for me. I have the very first release of the US GC version. Why it would work in some versions and not others is beyond me.

Castershell
Apr 20, 2004, 12:51 PM
Hey, I know how to get them to attack enemies...it's called...Confuse Traps!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif...also any special effect that confuses them, I cleared out the entire Beat room on TTF Ult by letting them kill each other.

RadHaz
Apr 21, 2004, 02:28 AM
meh, I just weave my way in and jellen them. Then, they hardly do any damage.
The lone Belra at the end of the long walkway is another matter, however...

Cc08
Apr 21, 2004, 08:45 PM
I don't think the trick works on GCN either. One time I went into a room with 4 of them (offline single player) and it was crazy, because they were lined up in a straight row. I did try to stay still, but that didn't work. Only thing that got me throu that was my Varaha casting Invincibility http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ViewtifulJoe
Apr 21, 2004, 09:53 PM
It could be the porportions of the character. When my relatively big Hucast stands in the blind spot of a Dark Bringer, he gets hit anyway. My shorter Humar, I swear doesn't get hit. I might be imagining things, but it seems like it.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif
I remeber the first time I saw an Indi Belra on temple. I had a heart attack.

Dragon_Ash
Apr 21, 2004, 09:58 PM
I had a heart attack when i saw how fast it fired it's arms at me X_x

but anyway.. i made my fonewearl as short as short can be, and she still gets hit even though the claw goes right over her lil body... confuses me as to how exactly the claw hits her when she's so small @_@

and as to why the glich was not removed from the PAL version... i couldn't really say... i didn't even know it was a glitch until now...

Crystal_Shard
Apr 21, 2004, 10:51 PM
Most peculiar. If it was a glitch from the JP v1.0, it should have been removed
in Plus. I'm using Plus and it works for me. I have no fear of Belras any longer. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm using a FOnewearl with the default height. I don't know if it'll work on
my Humar - he's about one head's length taller than her.

squeak
Apr 23, 2004, 04:31 PM
its only the first hit that hits me, if you stand still after it then they miss.

the same thing happens in the tower from delbiters, when they are stuck against the fence they shoot the laser and only the first laser hits, the rest "macically miss" going over my head.

TatuPreb119
Apr 23, 2004, 04:48 PM
On Xbox My charcter won't get hit if I stand still not sure if theres more than one in a room I never stood still that long.. But Ihave done it with one before when I was tring to build my PB up..