PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced Create Mode

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 18, 2004, 11:07 PM
Anybody else agree the game lacks in abit of variety, sure there are some great costumes to choose from but all you can do is pick one costume and thats all you can do with it, i think it would be a neat idea if you were able to edit certain parts in the costume with colors of your choice,For example you make a Ramarl, you choose the long hair and it comes with the beret, but you have no choice in color of the beret, it goes according to your costume,Being able to edit each part of the costume with the costume colors you want would give the game an endless possibility of variety and that way playing online you wont see as many people that look identical to you.
Another cool idea i thought up was the option to choose your characters battle animations, the way you walk, the way you shoot or swing a sword,that way you would be please with all the weapons you have, theres certain weapon i wont use just becuz my character's animations look totally lame and i wish i had the animation of certain other characters.
Any body else think these would be good ideas?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NiNeTeeN69 on 2004-04-18 21:08 ]</font>

Boxblaster666
Apr 18, 2004, 11:17 PM
yeh it would be nice, but it'll probably never happen.

Nai_Calus
Apr 19, 2004, 12:04 AM
Won't ever happen. :3

Be nice though.

Hell, I've played wrestling games with better character creation. XD

Outrider
Apr 19, 2004, 12:48 AM
On 2004-04-18 22:04, Ian-KunX wrote:
Won't ever happen. :3

Be nice though.

Hell, I've played wrestling games with better character creation. XD

And skateboarding games as well.

Kurosawa
Apr 19, 2004, 12:50 AM
And then there's other online RPGs with next to no options, like FF XI. PSO has a decent amount of choices.

Dragon_Ash
Apr 19, 2004, 12:53 AM
i would have liked to be able to choose my hunewearl's eye color... and the ability not to have pointy clog-like shoes with my fonewearl... and no hat either :/

3v1L19
Apr 19, 2004, 07:26 AM
Be grateful for what you got becuase Sega Team will never give you more. Greedy Moth....Yes greedy moths.

Xero_Silvera
Apr 19, 2004, 09:03 AM
PSO, IMO, has a decent amount of customization. Something they could have done as well, which would make for a seemingly infinite number of unique looks is make ALL frames/armors/barriers/shields have graphics. Regular frames through the rares... Its kind of lame that when u equip a barrier you cant SEE it... i mean like for invisible guard, sure. But Flame Barriers have no graphics?!
Just a note... thats one of the main things i love about rpgs... if the armors & weapons all have graphics. (Ie:Everquest, Diablo II, Summoner.. even Runescape =o)
-xero

SammaeltheDark
Apr 19, 2004, 09:17 AM
On 2004-04-18 22:53, Dragon_Ash wrote:
i would have liked to be able to choose my hunewearl's eye color... and the ability not to have pointy clog-like shoes with my fonewearl... and no hat either :/

I would like the ability to create a FOnewm who actually looks cool. Have you ever tried it? Its tough.

But PSO does have a good amount of customizablity as compared to.. Diablo 1 & 2, or FFXI, or old EQ.

Best customizablity I've seen lately is the new MMORPG City of Heroes.

goku4ever
Apr 19, 2004, 09:50 AM
legend of mir u can change the colour of ur hair and thats only how light/dark it is lol. Thats it nothing else. however the armour u equip u can see on ur self.

3v1L19
Apr 19, 2004, 09:55 AM
Still aint gonna happen.

Jason
Apr 19, 2004, 11:25 AM
On 2004-04-19 07:55, 3v1L19 wrote:
Still aint gonna happen.

Party pooper.

Nai_Calus
Apr 19, 2004, 11:28 AM
Still aint gonna happen.

Doesn't mean we can't discuss how we'd like it to be. Seriously, does this topic offend you that much?

And traditionally, about all you'll see in an RPG is your weapon. You don't see your armor, etc.

But this is getting into the old school days of sprites, back when they still made real video games.

Boxblaster666
Apr 19, 2004, 12:18 PM
I've seen some guy who looked liked he was on fire because of his barrier, or frame. Is that normal?

SammaeltheDark
Apr 19, 2004, 01:26 PM
On 2004-04-19 10:18, Boxblaster666 wrote:
I've seen some guy who looked liked he was on fire because of his barrier, or frame. Is that normal?

Yes, spontanious FOnewm combustion is a social issue plaguing Pioneer 2 and is the main reason Principle Tyrel (sp?) eventually steps down.

Now the real answer: It's a special armor that causes a visual effect when worn. There are several like that.. fasted 4 off my head are Flame Garment, Smoke Frame, Guard Wave, Chu Chu Fever.

PurplePower1
Apr 19, 2004, 01:37 PM
more things in the game would be the best

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 19, 2004, 01:38 PM
This is just a "WHAT IF" for fun topic, im not saying its gonna happen anytime, you dont have to take things so serious,i make these topics for fun not for people to sit and complain and say, no that wont work or no that can never happen,i know its never gonan happen but there is nothign wrong with having an imagination,but for those of you who thought it would be neat thanks,how could anyone possibly refuse more options?
Like Ian KunX said, even i have played wrestling games with more create options than this, and this is an Online game people, Online!!! where millions play, and the possibilities should be endless,but they are very limited. pick a head, you have like 5 heads to choose from, then you have your costumes, like maybe 20 to choose from im not sure i never counted, then the size (porportion) of your body and thats it, now dont tell me everybody you see online looks completly different when theres only so many lil things u can choose from. What im saying is just common sense.

Evil_Althena8
Apr 19, 2004, 02:07 PM
PSO is one of the best games for character customization. Some games have minimal customization because every armor and piece of clothing shows on your character

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 19, 2004, 02:14 PM
yes im aware of that im just talking about the base create mode when you desing your character, all im saying is being bale to edit multiple parts of your costume with colors of your choice instead of just picking one costume and thats it, nothing else you can do to it.

Scales_of_Air
Apr 19, 2004, 02:23 PM
(Like the first post) I would be pleased if one could, instead of choosing a set costume and color, pick the design and choose the different colors and embroideries, emblems, etc. More faces would be nice, eye color, more hair stlyes and whether or not one wants a hat, not a combination of hat and hair. Yes, the armors would look neat, but then they'd cover up too much of the costume. Barriers... hmm... already some are visible, like Custom Barrier Ver. 00 and Tripolic Shield, so I'm fine with those. Besides, the blocking animation changes with each barrier: (Divinity Barrier is like a sphere of light whereas Attribute Wall is like a purple pentagram) So yeah, shields don't need an update as much as everything else. Now weapon animations... I like the idea, for example; for the katana stlye one could choose an array of Kendo/Aikido strikes to perform. That would definately make the gameplay more personalized. On top of all this... please, just upgrade the graphics engine!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scales_of_Air on 2004-04-19 12:25 ]</font>

kazuma56
Apr 22, 2004, 10:04 AM
Xero you play Runescape? if you're ever on, contact me at kazuma56.

Yea, it would be cool to have different armor grphx per normal barrier's/shields.... but then you would have those that say Flame barriers should be stronger than a Standstill Shield because it looks better.

Sharkyland
Apr 22, 2004, 12:57 PM
I thought when you equip a barrier the animation is only shown when you defend from something. When you equip nothing, you hear your arm getting hit, but when you equip a barrier you hear attacks hitting a shield or some sort. Fire = you see flames, plasma = lightning, psychic = green shield, etc...

Rapture
Apr 22, 2004, 02:07 PM
^ True, I was gonna say that but you stole my thunder lol. Anyway the amount of customisation isn't bad but I would really like to be able to change the facial features and a little more heads for androids wouldn't go a-miss either.

Django
Apr 22, 2004, 07:57 PM
Imagine getting to change individual parts of an android...

Kaziko
Apr 23, 2004, 12:46 PM
or glasses!
I used to wear glasses (got contacts now) and I was annoyed that the only heads of a FOnewm with glasses..plainly sucked http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif you could either has a bean bag or harry potter style ¬_¬

ShinAsura666
Apr 26, 2004, 02:52 PM
I think it would be nicec if ST added a faeture to allow accesseries like capes and stuff.Its small things like that,that make the game

Scales_of_Air
Apr 26, 2004, 03:33 PM
On 2004-04-26 12:52, ShinAsura666 wrote:
I think it would be nicec if ST added a faeture to allow accesseries like capes and stuff.Its small things like that,that make the game

Yup-yup. *nods in agreement*

3v1L19
Apr 26, 2004, 03:35 PM
On 2004-04-19 09:28, Ian-KunX wrote:

Still aint gonna happen.

Doesn't mean we can't discuss how we'd like it to be. Seriously, does this topic offend you that much?

And traditionally, about all you'll see in an RPG is your weapon. You don't see your armor, etc.

But this is getting into the old school days of sprites, back when they still made real video games.

I never once said that it offended me. Never once.

Armok
Apr 28, 2004, 05:01 AM
All the armors/sheilds/rings added to the game in v2 and ep1+2 are visible. Sure a custom colour hat would be nice but the loaign time for each character in a lobby would be much longer wiht the game having to think suit 12/15 with 51%red 43%blue 0%yellow colouring insted of suit 12 of 15.

ShadowsMinion
Apr 28, 2004, 08:52 AM
I think in reality a more varied creation system wouldn't be too hard. The immpossible thing is choosing your battle stance and weapon attack patterns. That would not be possible. Still it would be nice if either A) You can see everything you put on.(like armor and stuff) OR:
B) Hella tight capes and accesories.