PDA

View Full Version : Action Bars: so many choices, so little room

Gandalf
Apr 23, 2001, 11:00 PM
Well, Action bars are a huge trouble for my force. (Hunters and rangers really have no brainers when it comes to this) I have 2 decide between Healing my party, casting support techs, and kicking the crap out of eveeryone in terms of melee atacks, and the same for Ra lvl atacks. It a extremely fine line as 2 which one is the best setup. I just want 2 know what all of u recommend for a good organization of action bars. Specifically for force.

What mine looks like now: RaZonde-Extra atack-Rabarta _________ Anti-resta-reverser

Glider
Apr 23, 2001, 11:06 PM
I think you should dance.

Omege12
Apr 23, 2001, 11:34 PM
I guess you use Double saber because no fluids. Right?

Glider
Apr 23, 2001, 11:40 PM
DANCE.

AMP
Apr 24, 2001, 02:59 AM
I suggest you set up your action bars as needed. With my force I change the bars for each different stage. Also when you play offline substitute in something else for Reverser.

Kerowen
Apr 24, 2001, 05:56 AM
My suggestion is ... ask your group.

I think getting everyone together and decide who is casting this spell, who is using this item, who is attacking with what, even if it is real simple... leads to the most effective choice.

Offline ... good luck and use the force http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

MechDan
Apr 24, 2001, 10:58 AM
How about:

Rabarta, Rafoie, Razonde
Ryuker, Anti, Reverser

That's the "no weapon" setup I prefer, where you use nothing but techniques and die to regain TP.

For a more traditional setup:

Razonde, Special, Shifta
Resta, Anti, Reverser

This works well in the Mines, but I replace Shifta with Rafoie or Razonde elsewhere. If I'm soloing, I don't bother with Shifta. In Forest, Anti can also be replaced with an attack spell.

Lmnopia
Apr 24, 2001, 12:07 PM
find wisdom in the art of nude fighting..

Rubius-sama
Apr 27, 2001, 05:27 AM
here is a hunter suggestion

shifta, deband, resta
anti, reverser, and uhh...resta

it may not be bright, but hey...at least it keeps ur teammates happy ;p...!

i go by;

rabarta, normal ata, hard ata
resta, grants, extra ata

Defend
Apr 27, 2001, 06:43 AM
I find it easy to use the menus for rare spells like Shifta and Deband.. everytime it wears off, just flit through and its done in no time. Also, you can queue up the second spell while the first is being cast, or just hit start to cancel it. Anti, Shifta, Ryuker, Reverse, Deband,.. all very easy like that.

My FOmarl has no weapons.. I use..

Rafoie, Razonde, Rabarta
Trifluid, zonde, Resta

That's IndyAnna, level 24 with a great Soma mag. Waiting for Grants to replace that Zonde.

Arcadean
Apr 27, 2001, 06:50 AM
On 2001-04-27 03:27, Zero-Rubius wrote:
here is a hunter suggestion

shifta, deband, resta
anti, reverser, and uhh...resta

it may not be bright, but hey...at least it keeps ur teammates happy ;p...!

i go by;

rabarta, normal ata, hard ata
resta, grants, extra ata[addsig]

If you have shifta, deband, resta
anti, reverser, and uhh...resta how will you get exp? forces get good exp with the hard attacks that hit everything in the room.

MORB
Apr 27, 2001, 06:58 AM
Even for hunters, there's no much room...

When I play online, I can't (except for boss) change anything.

I need normal attack as well as heavy attack (I use mostly twin brand, and the two attacks are useful), anti (to unfreeze/unparalyse/etc. people), resta, trifluid, and reverser.

I do shifta & deband from the menus, and it's very quick, however I prefer to be able to un freeze and resurrect people very quickly (especially at bosses)

Sometimes I replace reverser with rabarta for the ruins (for thos damn dark gunners), or razonde in mines, but it sucks badly as soon as someone dies (as usually i'm the one who resurrect everyone because most of the time others don't care or don't do it until the room is clear)

merlin
Apr 27, 2001, 01:25 PM
When a group of us play we always try to have more than one force or someone else who can cast techniques.one maps an attack,shifta and resta.The other maps attack,deband and reverser.Watch each other and you should find that it's like having one super force.Hopefully PSO2 will have an option to map the "Y" button if you use a keyboard.