PDA

View Full Version : Items from Dark Falz

Dana
Apr 19, 2004, 06:01 AM
i wanted to know if any one had ever found an item from/after beating dark falz, a website said that you can find rings earings, glasses, etc....i wanted to know if it is true, theres no piont doing ruins(which i hate) for nothing.

KaFKa
Apr 19, 2004, 06:28 AM
no. not now. not ever. the current PSO ep1&2 game has falz's drop rate set to 0

anything else you would like to know?

Dana
Apr 19, 2004, 06:30 AM
On 2004-04-19 04:28, KaFKa wrote:
no. not now. not ever. the current PSO ep1&2 game has falz's drop rate set to 0

anything else you would like to know?

no, and thank you, that means Dana won't have to go throw ruins(mmmmm)

Ketchup345
Apr 19, 2004, 06:49 AM
On 2004-04-19 04:01, Dana_ranger wrote:
i wanted to know if any one had ever found an item from/after beating dark falz, a website said that you can find rings earings, glasses, etc....i wanted to know if it is true, theres no piont doing ruins(which i hate) for nothing.

Please see this (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=80872&forum=7&10). It supposedly works for both Flow and Falz.

Rainbowlemon
Apr 19, 2004, 07:30 AM
I've so far only tried this 5 times, but not found anything. However, the drop rate is said to be something like 1/64...I suppose if as many people as possible tried it, and the drop rate was so low, surely one of use should get it? I personally don't believe it, but seeing as ruins gives pretty decent EXP, I'm not complaining http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hrith
Apr 19, 2004, 08:46 AM
On 2004-04-19 04:01, Dana_ranger wrote:
theres no piont doing ruins(which i hate) for nothing.
huh? what is your ID ? "Ruins for nothing" ? Ruins has many good drops in most IDs.

goku4ever
Apr 19, 2004, 09:40 AM
when we talk about Falz dropping something im assuming ur talking about the red ring as in the other topic yes? and if so then how can it b 1/64 when the other topic said its 0%?

BOmar
Apr 19, 2004, 10:17 AM
On 2004-04-19 07:40, goku4ever wrote:
when we talk about Falz dropping something im assuming ur talking about the red ring as in the other topic yes? and if so then how can it b 1/64 when the other topic said its 0%?

The drop rate is 1/64, but Sonic Team have disabled drops for both Olga and Falz, so they won't ever drop anything.

If they ever did activate the drop, then it would drop 1/64 times on average.

Xero_Silvera
Apr 19, 2004, 10:40 AM
It isnt fair for you two (kafka and bomar) to say that falz will NEVER drop anything. ST might release the items and turn his drop rate back to whatever it was (1/64) or modify it.
From what i hear, most people dont like the olga dna weapons anyways
-xero

goku4ever
Apr 19, 2004, 11:26 AM
On 2004-04-19 08:17, BOmar wrote:

On 2004-04-19 07:40, goku4ever wrote:

The drop rate is 1/64, but Sonic Team have disabled drops for both Olga and Falz, so they won't ever drop anything.

If they ever did activate the drop, then it would drop 1/64 times on average.

ah k. So is the method to get the red ring and dna possible? or it it just a load or rubbish?

Ketchup345
Apr 19, 2004, 11:38 AM
On 2004-04-19 09:26, goku4ever wrote:
ah k. So is the method to get the red ring and dna possible? or it it just a load or rubbish?

No one here knows for sure. It's just a roumer so far.

SammaeltheDark
Apr 19, 2004, 12:11 PM
I'm a bit confused about the 1/64 chance of getting the rare. Is that an absolute 1/64 or only a 1/64 if an item is dropped at all?

If it is only the chance of a rare when an item is dropped, that really changes the chances I've been reading. First an item has to drop, then there's the slim chance it might be a rare.

Also, if it's the later, you'd think the proposed method would yield some sorta drop, even if its just the "rare" meseta or telepipe... if it works, that is.

Xero_Silvera
Apr 19, 2004, 12:30 PM
Okay.. Falz and Olga currently will drop nothing. (unless u try that glitch thing, which hasnt been confirmed anyways)The drop rates are CURRENTLY set to 0%, so therefor you will not get anything from Them. To answer the question, falz and olga will drop the rare on 1/64 average chances. This includes the drop-anything rate.
-xero

Jae
Apr 19, 2004, 12:54 PM
Just curious because I've been out of it for some time, but how does everybody know that the drop rate has been set to 0% by ST? Did somebody do some reverse engineering or something to find the code?

Hrith
Apr 19, 2004, 12:55 PM
As far as we know, Olga and Falz do not work like other monsters and bosses, they have no drop-anything rate, the 1/64 drop rate was calculated from the rarity of the item itself, droppped from these bosses.

The theory is currently just a rumour because some say that Falz and Olga do not need to have a drop-anything rate to drop their rares.

Jae
Apr 19, 2004, 01:02 PM
Ok that helps some. So there is supposedly no drop-anything-rate on Falz or Flow like there is on the other bosses. I'm still confused though, how the rarity (1/64) came about if nothing has ever dropped? Well unless you count that story that a JP player snagged a Parasitic Gene from an Oran game (or Whitill depending which story you heard)... which I still don't believe personally...

Hrith
Apr 19, 2004, 01:29 PM
the drop of 1/64 (1/37 for Whitill Red Ring), was found in the game data by people who have access to it.

That Oran JP player finding it is a hoax to make the hacks seem plausible.

Scales_of_Air
Apr 19, 2004, 03:27 PM
I was under the impression that this "glitch" induced by the telepipe method in another post closely related to this (Ketchup has the link to it) enabled the drop rate... It has yet to be proven though.

Boxblaster666
Apr 19, 2004, 04:28 PM
So the ones that I've seen are hacks?

Xero_Silvera
Apr 19, 2004, 04:38 PM
Yes.

Saffran
Apr 19, 2004, 07:23 PM
Just a question to munch on : considering how DF is placed in the last fight, how would you get the item (if he ever dropped one)? You'd fly in the middle of the doughnut or something?
OTOH, it would only be logical to find the Red Ring in Normal Mode. (as in, the very first time around ONLY, and set the ring to be only equippable at lv 200 or something)

I only have a DC, so I don't know how is Olga, but I actually never expected the last boss to drop an item (and a variable one at that!)

slimer1231
Apr 19, 2004, 07:35 PM
On 2004-04-19 17:23, Saffran wrote:
Just a question to munch on : considering how DF is placed in the last fight, how would you get the item (if he ever dropped one)? You'd fly in the middle of the doughnut or something?

has da ral lie or barba ray ever drop anything for you? was in floating in the water and you had to go swim for it?

yeah i didnt think so... so there is a place for it to drop if it can

Saffran
Apr 19, 2004, 07:58 PM
Dal Ra Rie drops its item where it used to munch on the boat. It seems logical to me?

goku4ever
Apr 20, 2004, 11:38 AM
some 1 sed that df and of used to drop the items but dont nemore. is the drop rate activated in offline? or is it not on in either offline or online?