PDA

View Full Version : Bar People

Armok
Apr 19, 2004, 06:40 AM
Generally our groups of friends goes out on a saturday night in a particular way.

Get cans
drink cans at home till drunk
Go out to cheap club

Now on friday due to it being easter break I ended up having to go out with Garys ex flat mates. Now they all wanted to go to Glass bar to get some drinks and shots. I was like 'fine sounds ok suppose.'

Now I had nothing against sitting at a table talking or nothing but we spent the whole night there and didnt move on to anywhere else more interesting. It would have been ok but firstly the drinks in Bars like this one are like a more expensive than anywhere else (spent twice as much as usually do). Secondly there is nothing else for you to do other than chat (except for a brief 'exciting' go on the quiz machine woohoo). For god sake though ppl its saturday night I wanna let off a little steam. I'm all for talking to ppl and all but you can do that at home or at a cheaper pub during the week.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Armok on 2004-04-19 04:41 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
Apr 19, 2004, 09:06 AM
Know the feeling. If me and my mates ever go out in the flat anymore we end up at a place called Vodka Revolution, a place that plays cheesy music and charges 3.50pounds for a bottle of Smirnoff Ice. A pint of Fosters is about 2.70pounds. And the worst thing; you cant even chat in this place because of the music is played so loud.

No place to dance+expensive drinks+being able to hear fuck all= A very bored and pissed off me.

Armok
Apr 19, 2004, 09:29 AM
Worst nights ever are the nights when you have a group with an Odd number of ppl and as usual everyone pairs off into 1 on 1 coversations cos its so loud so leaving one person at a time to sit staring at a wall like a complete jackass. Only ways to cope in the above situation is:

A, to be able to hold up a pointless conversation for ages.
B, having the amazing ability to not ever need to the toilet so never get the dreaded edge seats
C, have really decent hearing and a loud voice so can have a 3 way conversation.
D, Have a girl/boy friend
E, Get really drunk so it doesnt matter as your in the toilet most of the night anyway

Kizaragu
Apr 19, 2004, 03:44 PM
I paid nine pound ninety for two Double Vodka Red bBlls the other night my friends.

Nine pound ninety!

I hate it when bar folk take advantage of your current state... I woke up that morning a little skinter than usual. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

opaopajr
Apr 21, 2004, 02:19 PM
hmm, never understood going out for drinks, it's so expensive. the only real justification i find for going to clubs is the music and dancing. but then you have to be really selective. not all clubs are worth experiencing.

going to clubs to drink and chat? or going to clubs drunk first? either way is just boring to me. go for the music, stay for the fabulous people. anything else is just a sad saturday night at the clubs.

my 2 cents.

Deathscythealpha
Apr 21, 2004, 03:07 PM
Bars and Clubs are slightly different. Bars are the places where you normally go before a Club, to sit/stand about and chat and get a few cheaper drinks in you before you go to a Club. You can normally hear better in Bars and hold a good conversation.

Now Clubs is the place where you just go for the dancing really. You cannot hold a decent conversation in a club unless your in a very quiet out the way place or the toilets.

Sadly Bars seem to want to be clubs of late so they play stupidly load music and have jacked up their prices, which is sadly just killing off their business.