PDA

View Full Version : Can't you people wait?

Blitzkommando
Apr 19, 2004, 07:18 PM
Red box drops and boom! Everyone in room goes to box... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Is that extra couple seconds to kill the rest of the enemies really that tough? Come on... I mean, so what if you claimed that drop, let the other team members see it at least... I like the way it goes in many of the Japanese games I have played in. Rare drops, team finishes clearing room, then everyone is made sure to know that a rare dropped. Then after that it is discussed who gets it, or if it is trying to be a fast game someone picks it up to bring back to Pioneer 2 so as everyone has a chance to claim something. Come on. Try it, not in open games of course as everything would get stolen. But in a private game with friends, just let the game flow as it wants. No need to hurry usually. Everyone in the team worked to clear the area, everyone should have a chance to claim the rare. Meh... My rant for today.

_Ted_
Apr 19, 2004, 08:52 PM
I don't know why a lot of these people even go for rares at all, most of them have dupes of all the best weapons in the game with insane stats anyways....

Firocket1690
Apr 19, 2004, 09:18 PM
You probably just endangered the JP ships with that one line.

Sometimes, it's really annoying when you do endless runs for xx weapon. Someone comes in, and you open a pipe. S/He sees whatever and claims it for him/herself...

=/

Happened twice in the past

Blitzkommando
Apr 19, 2004, 09:28 PM
On 2004-04-19 19:18, Firocket1690 wrote:
You probably just endangered the JP ships with that one line.

Sometimes, it's really annoying when you do endless runs for xx weapon. Someone comes in, and you open a pipe. S/He sees whatever and claims it for him/herself...

=/

Happened twice in the past

Tell that to my Agito 1975 from Bluefull which was taken that way...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLITZKOMMANDO on 2004-04-19 19:29 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Apr 20, 2004, 12:25 AM
Usually if I pick up a weapon, I say what it is... I want to play on the japanese ships, but I feel... well... very shy.

Arislan
Apr 20, 2004, 02:18 AM
A couple nights ago, I played with 2 people I don't know, in a Legit Episode 2 game. Surprisingly enough, both other players, and the other 2 that joined and dropped were legit. Even more suprisingly, every box that dropped was asked about, like back in the DC days. Normal Green weapons were just left behind (I picked them up since I forgot to bank my meseta, and could use every bit I could find) but if it was so much as Blue, we all decided who should get the shot at it. We only hit two boxes, one was a Bravace, the other a PD (off a Delbiter....), but it felt like a perfect game for once.

I was highly impressed. Just wish I knew who they were and had their GCs, my horrible Net Connection struck and I got DCed without being able to re-log right before we ended the session and would have normally exchanged cards.

Uncle_bob
Apr 20, 2004, 03:42 PM
Uncle would be glad to play like that, Blitz! But so many people, even friends, do the typical red box whoring thing. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Armok
Apr 21, 2004, 05:25 AM
Omg red smilie in bobs message run. Oh wait it was a photon drop smilie.

Yer I hate hoggers. Espically due to my poor conextion they always managed to grab every box ever from right under me.

Siris
Apr 21, 2004, 09:16 AM
On 2004-04-19 17:18, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:
Red box drops and boom! Everyone in room goes to box... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Is that extra couple seconds to kill the rest of the enemies really that tough? Come on... I mean, so what if you claimed that drop, let the other team members see it at least... I like the way it goes in many of the Japanese games I have played in. Rare drops, team finishes clearing room, then everyone is made sure to know that a rare dropped. Then after that it is discussed who gets it, or if it is trying to be a fast game someone picks it up to bring back to Pioneer 2 so as everyone has a chance to claim something. Come on. Try it, not in open games of course as everything would get stolen. But in a private game with friends, just let the game flow as it wants. No need to hurry usually. Everyone in the team worked to clear the area, everyone should have a chance to claim the rare. Meh... My rant for today.

Yeah, I know what you mean. That is generally how the people I play with do play, we use a little civility. eg. we don't stand on top of the rare enemy...no, inside of the rare enemy, waiting for someone else to kill it so we can snatch the drop. @@ You know who you are...

Sharkyland
Apr 21, 2004, 10:31 AM
Or how 'bout when the boss dies, everyone runs to where the item will appear.

DurakkenX
Apr 21, 2004, 12:08 PM
personally...i grab the red box simply for that reason..people are whores about it. have nearly every item in the game and it's very unlikely that i actually want or need the item so after i pick it up say what it is, play with it for a while if i can so they can see what it is, and ask if anyone wants it.

Dhylec
Apr 21, 2004, 01:14 PM
the item sharing isn't popular in open games..
even in closed game, some still run for the drop

i've never the one to rush to the redbox, even if i had the urge..
congratulating the pal who hunted & found it is my better reward

i have played w/pals who shared rare drops after the run =)
sharing is a matter or respect, courtesy & knowing team play
while most are ignorant of this, fortunately, some do know http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

goku4ever
Apr 21, 2004, 04:16 PM
lol i get so excited by actually finding rares the first thing i do is pik it up even though im offline and usually play alone!