View Full Version : Dressing Room Question

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 20, 2004, 01:39 AM
Why is it that when you go to the dressing room you can change your outfit hair color or head yet you cant touch your porportion,is there a reason?
Iv always wondered this.

Dragon_Ash
Apr 20, 2004, 02:04 AM
i guess they didn't want to leave to many options available, and it'd be strange for your character to suddenly shrink, especially if they're really tall... other than that, i can't think why else

PJ
Apr 20, 2004, 06:53 AM
It's not, "Recreate character," it's a dressing room.

Of course, I guess if they changed it to surgical room, you could change the proportions and face @_@

Hey, why not just add some lawyer thing so you can change your name aswell?

Xero_Silvera
Apr 20, 2004, 10:05 AM
They basically want to keep your original character.. the one that people know and only give you the 10k meseta outfit change & hair dye.. i was wonderin about that some time ago, i was going to make all my friends characters super chubby & short, but ah well.
-xero

3v1L19
Apr 20, 2004, 10:38 AM
Yeah I wish they had a Surgical Room...I have often wanted to be a diffreent size for a while, but didnt want to remake.

Tiamat
Apr 20, 2004, 12:09 PM
To the above: what is your problem? You don't like what people are saying on these forums, or have nothing but spam to post, I suggest you leave.

As far as you "taking someone's account over" and coming on here to post your mindless drivel, wow. Such a mature thing to do. Maybe you should go do something constructive with your life and stop wasting your time (and ours) by being here.

Oh, and I can guess what your reply will likely contain. A number of "STFUs", "u noobs", "i did ur mom" and other vulgar swear words. Because that's the extent of what people like you can hold in their tiny brains.

Update >> The "person" I was referring to has since been banned and all their posts deleted! Good!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tiamat on 2004-04-20 10:27 ]</font>

Neith
Apr 21, 2004, 01:48 PM
I wish you could add or get rid of the eyepatch on a HUnewearl, just incase you decide u want a different look in the future. Believe me, gettin to L134 and decidin you dont like the look of your character kinda sux. I think it was a good idea to include this option in the game though, i suppose you'd get sick of looking at the same character for hours..

Link00seven
Apr 21, 2004, 04:21 PM
The only way the proportion could work in a Dressing Room type option would be to make a smaller character taller, or a skinny character fatter. Since those can happen in time.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 21, 2004, 05:26 PM
Dressing room or not,you guys do realise this is a game right? its already fake enough as it is, i dont think having the feature to change your body size would make it any worse or faker,geez a telepipe is faker than morphing your body size.

Jason
Apr 21, 2004, 08:12 PM
On 2004-04-21 15:26, NiNeTeeN69 wrote:
Dressing room or not,you guys do realise this is a game right? its already fake enough as it is, i dont think having the feature to change your body size would make it any worse or faker,geez a telepipe is faker than morphing your body size.

Sure, this game is fake. But it have to "make sense."

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 21, 2004, 10:55 PM
yeah and monsters dropping items or meseta makes sense? or rappies falling from the sky?No that dont make no sense at all,theres many things in games that dont make sense, games are fiction and its best when their fake, nobody wants pure realism, it takes the fun away,least thats how i see it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NiNeTeeN69 on 2004-04-21 21:11 ]</font>

PurplePower1
Apr 21, 2004, 11:15 PM
On 2004-04-20 10:09, Tiamat wrote:
To the above: what is your problem? You don't like what people are saying on these forums, or have nothing but spam to post, I suggest you leave.

As far as you "taking someone's account over" and coming on here to post your mindless drivel, wow. Such a mature thing to do. Maybe you should go do something constructive with your life and stop wasting your time (and ours) by being here.

Oh, and I can guess what your reply will likely contain. A number of "STFUs", "u noobs", "i did ur mom" and other vulgar swear words. Because that's the extent of what people like you can hold in their tiny brains.

Update >> The "person" I was referring to has since been banned and all their posts deleted! Good!!

i think i know who you are talking about but why are you addressing that in this forum. i just wanted to know. he is gone isn't he.

BOmar
Apr 22, 2004, 12:32 AM
On 2004-04-21 21:15, PurplePower1 wrote:

On 2004-04-20 10:09, Tiamat wrote:

i think i know who you are talking about but why are you addressing that in this forum. i just wanted to know. he is gone isn't he.

They were referring to someone who has now gone (hence the update bit).

Is there any need to bring that up again in this topic? Why not pm him with your question?

I would have liked it if you could make your character taller/wider, but it could not be reversed as that would be more believable than a complete surgery room http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PsychoMantis
Apr 22, 2004, 01:02 AM
this would be a cool feature. but think of it this way for the proportion. when ur running around the place, why dont u lose weight. thats not realistic, so what the hell does it matter for realism.well using mates u'll gain weight u say, good point. what if u dont use mates and ur just running around for a long time. or maybe getting hit all the time, using mates, doing no running. whats it matter about realism. why not just add that feature to make everyone happy. dont see why not. oh well

Jason
Apr 22, 2004, 05:21 PM
On 2004-04-21 20:55, NiNeTeeN69 wrote:
yeah and monsters dropping items or meseta makes sense? or rappies falling from the sky?No that dont make no sense at all,theres many things in games that dont make sense, games are fiction and its best when their fake, nobody wants pure realism, it takes the fun away,least thats how i see it.

Rappies aren't exactly falling from the sky, and monsters dropping meseta do make some sense there: meseta that they're holding is from the people of Pioneer 1. Heh, or Pioneer 2... "We're not the only hero."

Ever played Shenmue? It is a pretty nice reality game and it doesn't have any fake things such as U.F.Os flying in the sky. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 22, 2004, 07:56 PM
Then where do the rappies fall from? Space?? and i dont think the monsters have any pockets to hold meseta, some dont even have hands to hold anything and yeah i have both Shemnue games,first one is awsome.