PDA

View Full Version : FanArt: not PSO, tho!

navci
Apr 20, 2004, 02:13 AM
If I remember correctly, a number of you really liked pictures of my chacter "Misere". With all the Recollection pictures that I am supposed to do, I hardly find time to do my original characters anymore... but, in between Vangarrett and Paladin I managed to get a pair of picture done... I have shared this with a couple of you in the process of making, but I'll share again for people who havn't seen it anyway.

Vivere (http://www3.telus.net/schiz-o/stuff/vdove.html)
This one was done in a simple simple way with really minimal lines and shading. The person pictured is a spirit manifestation of the force of life. He is generally innocent looking and hence, I thought Doves are the best birds to accompany him. Actually, he has been drawn with birds a lot, and I am not too sure what it means. As you can see, it was done a bit earlier, and I didn't have the time to finish its counterpart until tonight.

Misere (http://www3.telus.net/schiz-o/stuff/m-owl.html)
Well since we are doing birds we might as well do one here. Pictured here is Misere, the force of destruction, namely, death. It would only be fitting that a bird of the nights accompany him, hence the Barn Owl. Well, why a Barn Owl instead of other owls? Reason one being, I like Barn Owls, I think they are uber cute. Reason two being, there is something about Barn Owls, while being a creature of the night, it also manages to look innocent and pure (the colour helps, I guess?) Which, for those of you who were insanely bored and have read my mini story featuring Misere, knows that he is neither evil, nor destructive really. So I thought it fits well.

The picture were kinda same-themed and was meant to be a pair, but I do see how you won't think it is because of the different style applied. Well. It semi fits their character, so... ...

And I am babbling.
Discuss.

Doomed2k
Apr 20, 2004, 04:51 AM
I really like both the pictures. Vivere seems to be of peace and free of mind, while Misere seems to be protrayed in a darker fashion, yet still maintains his misterious side.

The picture were kinda same-themed and was meant to be a pair, but I do see how you won't think it is because of the different style applied.

I think it would look good together as a pair.

KaFKa
Apr 20, 2004, 05:00 AM
miserie, love that name

really good piccies, navi. i like the floweyness of miserie's cloak http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dhylec
Apr 20, 2004, 06:44 AM
On 2004-04-20 00:13, navi wrote:
I have shared this with a couple of you in the process of making, but I'll share again for people who havn't seen it anyway.

ah, no wonder they look familiar..
dark & light theme eh?

Scejntjynahl
Apr 20, 2004, 09:22 AM
First piccie: Mood, optimistic. Coloring, vibrant. Detail, enough to capture the innocence of the light colors and the playfullness of life. Thought, the doves are associated with peace and life, bountifullness and togetherness. The air is filled with vitality and a sense of hope. Very nice.

Second piccie: Mood, realistic. Coloring, shades of darkness. Detail, the somber look, the knowing look, of what is to come, the price of knowing and accepting death. The darkness plays like a surreal blanket of the night that enwraps all of us in it. The use of the Barn Owl, though lightly colored in contrast to its immediate background, it still is a killer, a silent killer whose wings hardly make a sound, a loner of the night. Moody, and well executed.

Both, nothing but pure intelligence on part of navi. Never doubt your inate skill, and keep sharing with us.

Sharkyland
Apr 20, 2004, 10:50 AM
The first picture is very 'happy' with all the pastel like colors and with doves flying around (though doves with olive branch means peace), the joy of nature and sky.

The second picture is very 'gloomy', darkness is enshrouding the character, but within the darkness a sole friend (owl) comes to aid the companion of our traveler. In the midst of darkness, he is not alone. For it is dark, he must go on.

Hikara
Apr 20, 2004, 11:35 AM
Wow... I really like those...

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 20, 2004, 11:50 AM
Owl!

Outrider
Apr 20, 2004, 12:55 PM
W00T! Great pics.

Skuda
Apr 20, 2004, 01:19 PM
*pulls down nose to look like a barn owl*

navi, I am one of them. Hoo, Hoot!

Robo47
Apr 20, 2004, 02:04 PM
On 2004-04-20 09:50, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
Owl!

My thoughts exactly.

FOAtHeart
Apr 20, 2004, 03:22 PM
i like misere's green eye better http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

great thtuff ath uthual. thorry about my lithp.

*thumbth up*

Sord
Apr 20, 2004, 03:32 PM
On 2004-04-20 11:19, Scott_Kuda wrote:

that would be hideously disturbing :/

any ways, i saw Vivere quite awile back, so you know my comments on him I believe.

As for Misere, teh awesom! So depressed and "why doesn't any one understand" look. Very goodz, I hope you make more Misere pictures, and maybe a picture of Muse.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2004-04-20 14:09 ]</font>

navci
Apr 20, 2004, 04:05 PM
On 2004-04-20 11:19, Scott_Kuda wrote:

navi, I am one of them. Hoo, Hoot!

The disturbing thing is, I like to accuse people for being an owl, and most of them replied "hoot".

One of them also name Scott. And this is now disturbing.