PDA

View Full Version : I miss the old PSO..

Kuja2k3
Apr 20, 2004, 02:40 AM
I was just looking through my old games.. and ran across my JPv2 disc.. and It made me remember all the fun times I had on PSO.. That summer, whenever the Japanese v2 got released was probably one of the best gaming experiences of my life. I remember going online everyday and seeing thousands upon thousands of people online.. you had limitless possiblities.. battle mode, challenge, just regular.. anything. There were open games everywhere.. and everyone had fun playing. I don't know about you guys.. but I really really miss that, it was so much fun. What I'm thinking is that we try to get a little monthly or bi-weekly (maybe more frequent? going out on a limb here..) gathering to try and bring back some fun to the EpI&II community. If you're interested at all, just post here and we'll try to decide on a day or something.. I might be stretching as I know a lot of people play EpIII now.. and some are just sick of the game.. but if we could get a group of people just wanting to have fun again.. I'm sure it'd be a good time for everyone involved..

Coolest-Mum
May 14, 2004, 09:04 AM
I know what you mean, the old days of PSO DC ep1 then ep2, I was there from the beginning, in fact i still have my orginal char ($exiblond)still lv 123 lol, i had many friends online twigs kill and heartofstone are the main ones, but i used to play with anyone, anyteam and it was all good.
Now i find myself hiding in a empty ship with only a few trusted mates.
well ive not got ep3 yet but i will have it when released in the uk, it wont stop me playing ep1&2, im to deeply hooked http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SJ
May 16, 2004, 08:13 AM
I loved when I first got the game and used to play multi...
Me and DizzyCC did temple at lv1 lol.
Then me and an other friend did ruins normal(27,19) and didnt know there was hard mode(lol) since I only got 2 lv19 on DC v2.
I got to lv43 and he got to lv39 and we found dbs sabers musashis blade dances and boomas claws ('omg special wep, cool whats this?!?!? Red?!?!)...
Those were the golden days...

sogoX
May 16, 2004, 05:44 PM
I miss the "Good'ole days" too. But there was way way too much cheating.

Kuea
May 16, 2004, 06:10 PM
there is a bit more cheating now though

Lman90245
May 16, 2004, 06:49 PM
On 2004-05-16 16:41, Lman90245 wrote:
[quote]
On 2004-05-16 16:10, Eclair wrote:

At least there arent any NOLS, or A gamecube/xbox version of the "VMU Killer" Xploader cheats, those were GAWD AWFULL. not to metion the "Freeze the entire lobby and piss people off" cheat >_<.
If you think dupping is bad now try the ultra hacked s-rank spread needles that had like hidden 1300 % native and dark, remember those freaking "I-NEEDLES?"

Dragon_Ash
May 17, 2004, 02:56 PM
1300%? the most that i remember was 100% needles with a % in each area...

I too was there in the beginning of pso v1... Cheating wasn't that bad back then.. though I can't remember that far back, I remember when some guy ran around the lobby saying he got a doublesaber from a blue rappy... and to think that they were so rare back then.

Also, since duping wasn't exploited so early on in the game there were hardly any people with rares, so seeing someone with a rare weapon was always nice to see... I still remember that hunewearl that had a Yami http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sitka
May 17, 2004, 05:00 PM
The good news about the old days is if you made a mistake and got killed, you could work your way back even to Falz and recover your old weapon and the 999,999 you stupidly forgot to put back in your bank before you entered the room. Now, you keep your weapon but your money is gone sucka! The bad news of course was the frickin PK trick where somebody took your prized weapon, your money and laughed at you as you stood there going wtf - I'm in the frickin lobby!!! Having read all the posts about the problems, I stayed offline during my dc and gc days, but finally ventured online now with xbox live and I am so glad I did. I wished I had done so years ago.

Dragon_Ash
May 17, 2004, 05:55 PM
Yes... I lost my soul eater to a French player and my frying pan to a pair of losers -_-

And taking on DF for the first time, my team got pwned... but I did however managed to keep my character... despite NOL'ing and FSOD, BSOD whatever the SOD was http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Coolest-Mum
May 21, 2004, 09:00 AM
On 2004-05-16 16:49, Lman90245 wrote:

On 2004-05-16 16:41, Lman90245 wrote:
[quote]
On 2004-05-16 16:10, Eclair wrote:

At least there arent any NOLS, or A gamecube/xbox version of the "VMU Killer" Xploader cheats, those were GAWD AWFULL. not to metion the "Freeze the entire lobby and piss people off" cheat >_<.
If you think dupping is bad now try the ultra hacked s-rank spread needles that had like hidden 1300 % native and dark, remember those freaking "I-NEEDLES?"

Yeah i remember them and still have one on my sons char! and the A needles

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Coolest-Mum on 2004-05-21 07:01 ]</font>