PDA

View Full Version : One thing I hate about EPIII

CoPsOleader
Apr 20, 2004, 08:00 AM
I hate Arks they are made to strong and can do little work to win.I was playing an ark and spend like an hour in one spot.The only reason the game was over was because the server maintance message showed up.To me arks are cheap wins.Every ark ive play just blocks you in.I know thats what they are supposed to do but it pisses me off.Like when people make cheap decks like awhole lot of little monster just to block you in.Oh, about arks being too strong what weapon does a hero have that do like 10 damage with out combiining cards.Its very little weapons that do that.If the weapon is that strong it cost a whole lot just to equid.The cheap victory ive seen was 2 arks block us in with a whole lot of little monsters.Plus they have higher HP and they can like run across the whole damn level.I wasnt sure to put this in the rant section or not sorry if i was suppose to.

Arislan
Apr 20, 2004, 08:08 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=80874&forum=19&30

CoPsOleader
Apr 20, 2004, 08:24 AM
o ok thanks.I was reading it and some guy said you should equid a barrier and use Immortality.What if you surround what did you do but give yourself 4 more turns to stand there plus it is a thing called punch you just ended up at the bad end of 4 turns.

HaLLa
Apr 20, 2004, 11:36 AM
Hunters are used more and probably better.
And yes they have weapons that do 10 damage or more.

CoPsOleader
Apr 20, 2004, 12:29 PM
i know they do but not many.I they a hunter is better but used more i dont know.

3v1L19
Apr 20, 2004, 03:48 PM
Its harder to play against arkz who just mass out monsters and block you and guard you while they try to find those ubers that they have been looking for.

Sucks but its the way the game is...

Kanore
Apr 20, 2004, 04:14 PM
Arkz=Evil, no matter what.

Why?

Evil is all about cheap tactics, and doing whatever you can to win.

That's the Arkz' strategy, INCLUDING tournaments- waste time by spamming.

Saiffy
Apr 20, 2004, 04:34 PM
Throw a companion in your deck... if your on Unigus Lapis facing 2 arkz, if they attack with one of the blocking monsters, chances are they'll die and next turn you can walk in for the kill

Whats even more annoying is when you face 2 people where 1 person blocks and the other attacks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EJ
Apr 20, 2004, 09:43 PM
I refuse to play with cheap one pointers in a Arkz deck. Because it's cheap and not very exciting to only use one pointers. I use arkz but only use like 6 monsters..lol I usually rely on def and tech cards to use for a win so far it been working for me ^_^

Zebulan7
Apr 21, 2004, 07:02 AM
Yes, I play mostly as an Arkz, and I don't like the idea that we all are cheap. Sure, the easiest stratagy is to block, but thats stupid. I hate one point spammers just as much as the next guy, and hunters can do the same and be just as annoying. Also, Arkz can't do 10 point damage without action cards as well. If an Arkz even gets near enough to attack, they only have def cards to protect themselves (because Gaurd Creatures are somewhat pointless). About "Moving across the entire stage," not that many Arkz have high move, four is the highest for K.C. continued later.... GTG

CoPsOleader
Apr 21, 2004, 07:42 AM
arks hav monsters that do 10 damage are you kidding me.This is all an arks need is 3 monsters.A strong attack monster with punch or some type of rampage and two monsters with tech and your taken a lot of damage.The arks that make me mad are the one that have one or two point monster with good tp.From the top of my head like the al rappy.

CoPsOleader
Apr 21, 2004, 07:50 AM
I totally agree with you ChibiWarrior.Plus arks can attack you straight up if they want to.Ok whats the arks name Reiz i think.Guard monsters are not unless thats crazy.Put down a couple guard monsters you can fight like a hunter.Reiz has that pierce too all you need is attack cards to make you stronger.and look at the characters abilities what do hunter have that can help them that arks dont have.Arks have everything good against hunters like rampage, pierce, and some others (i dont feel like naming the rest).

CoPsOleader
Apr 21, 2004, 07:56 AM
Saiffwin is right too.For arks if they get the first attack and they spam and get a good roll the game can be over from there.I fought arks like this one blocked and the other had so spaces for blocking too and had a dark socrcer just shooting techs at us.We couldnt do anything but sit there and watch.If we even did kill one row it was more waiting to move up or move in his hand.i dont care arks are cheap.

DruidMettool
Apr 21, 2004, 08:23 AM
I play as Arkz about 95% of the time. I hate how people are always putting us down. The fact is, not all Arkz-users are low-cost-spammers. I ususally use mid to high-cost monsters (Ill Gill, Cipher, Merlan, and Gillchich are some of my favorites). Are we forgetting all the low-cost Kranz decks we see in Vega?

But you know what to do in case of a low-cost-Arkz deck. That's right- use Virus. Better yet, equip your best items and then use the "Dice Half" assist card. It'll make any low-cost Arkz user a living stress bomb.

CoPsOleader
Apr 21, 2004, 11:19 AM
Virus doesnt do that much.
1.it hits everyone.
2.If you multi attack if you will have a three cost card.
3.If theyre spammer chances or they have more monsters.
4.Plus if your stuck in one spot you cant move afterward.

BladeofDarkness
Apr 21, 2004, 11:58 AM
There are always going to be cheap players, deal with it, and since arkz are very easy to be cheap with most cheap players will choose cheap ark decks. However, that does not mean that every arkz player is bad nor does it mean every hunter player is good it's all about each persons strategy. The only deck I use low cost cards in is my Chaos Bringer deck so that I can up my Bringer's AP with revenge but when I finally get online again I probably won't use it.

Servbot41
Apr 21, 2004, 03:52 PM
what exactly defines cheap? is it cheap because you cant beat it, or because something else?
food for thought

DruidMettool
Apr 21, 2004, 05:44 PM
I define "being cheap" as "exploiting an obvious weakness or flaw to boost one's advantage unfairly". The Dolor Odor map is a good example of this, since you can block the teleporters.

Kanore
Apr 21, 2004, 07:11 PM
Of course, Druid, the fact that there is a new 'world' of cheap in this game gives it two definitions:

1. Yours- unfair advantage

2. Servbot's first one- because you can't beat the deck.

Number 1 has always been there; it's actually the number 1 definition of 'cheap' used today.

Number 2 was born in PSO Episode 3; Machine decks, and Slime decks alike.

Get the picture?

Kalier
Apr 21, 2004, 07:14 PM
if you're tired of losing to those stalling arkz decks(i run one, but mine has strategy. cheap cost+rio+pal shark=high damage), then just run the card that completly messes them up. Hand Break.
in case you have no clue what it does-

If the user of this card damages an enemy card, opponent must discard a card at random from hand. If this card destroys an opponents card, opponents HP is reduced by 1.

Arislan
Apr 21, 2004, 07:16 PM
Except that the card doesn't actually have that first part (called hand disrupter in the US version). The Carnage uninclined is what you want anyway, so that works, but still.

Zebulan7
Apr 21, 2004, 09:02 PM
Ok, I'm ready to finish my post.

Sure, there are monsters that do ten damage regularly, like my Gibbles which also has a Major Rampage. I should also mention that my Gibbles cost seven points so I can't place anything else on the field with it (everything is my deck is three or higher). I understand that spammers are annoying, so annoying, I would be annoyed if I played as one. The truth is Hunters can spam too, its just they lose HP everytime one of the items is destroyed, making it somewhat meaningless unless you are Guykild. This spamming is simply annoying, either party, so I hate to play as/with spammers. Being teamed with an Arkz spammer is especially annoying considering they block you.

If you think about it, one pointers can attack you about only four times in a turn since there are only four sides to your SC. Other monsters can attack, but they usually require an AC or they cost more. Hunters can equip all six items and attack with all six (considering dice rolls and the amount of one point items) items. (This is all very generalized, and very rare to actually happen.) It is also very hard to get all the surrounding monsters if you are only able to equip one wep (a high point). These things are all true. AC are almost required for these situations, or you could just slap on a Fly.

It all does basically balance out though. The more they spam, the more easy exp, the faster high dice. Besides, if you somehow escape their block, they have to move every single monster into your range, while you only have one thing to move. This becomes quite frustrating.

I basically see Arkz SC as a rare threat. As nice as Reiz's pierce ability may be, being that close to a Hu is equally scary. Her pierce ability is weak to begin with and easily blocked. While K.C. and Kranz both have exp boosters, who is more likly to get the boost? Kranz gets a boost with everything destroyed, while K.C. is required to destroy the enemy, not one of his monsters. Same thing with Mem's snatch and Pork's (thats what I call him) tech. Illinois (sp?) gets subtracted one for every tech with every item, while Pork can only attack with one tech at a reduced price (unless he has another monster with the same ability).

To me it all balences out, but it really all comes down to the Dice and the player's own stratagy. Of course, its my opinion...

CoPsOleader
Apr 22, 2004, 08:01 AM
ok
1.there are arks monster that can do ten damage with out being 7 pts.
2.yall talk about just slap on this and that card most of the cards are hard to get.Yall act like they are easy to come across.Where everyone in the game has a rappy.
3.And about Hunters spamming what is worst spamming and killing like one monster or maybe two or spamming and not being able to move from one spot.Plus so times you can attack with each weapon.

Yesterday I was online and i played an ark.he said he plays with arks and I said I hate arks.Then he said i dont do that cheap stuff like places rappies to block.But when we got started no other monster was down but rappies.

DruidMettool
Apr 22, 2004, 11:17 AM
The best way to deal with Arkz on Dolor Odor is to be Arkz yourselves. Put Low-costs in your deck that can be set on the other side of the field. And if you really want to mess them up, use the Ep2-Sinows (Berill, Spigell, Zoa, Zele) and teleport them to the other side of the map. I highly recommend Spigell.

CoPsOleader
Apr 22, 2004, 01:05 PM
if we played cheap vs cheap everyone would be an ark.

Zebulan7
Apr 22, 2004, 03:28 PM
I agree that Dolor Odor (whatever) is not the best place, in fact, horrible place. I don't think all Arkz are bad, but they can be bad. It really depends on the user.

What I meant by my Gibbles example is that usually only high cost cards have high attack power, that is the standard. It the same thing with weapons. On average, the higher they cost, the more powerful they are. Same thing with what you said, everyone has a rappy. Well, everyone has handguns too, its just you can't place it to block someone. There are guns like Mechguns that do multi damage, and are low costing.

Let me define a Hunter deck I hated. I rolled a six, so I placed my crimson, which is mean in itself and requires its own stratagy. This hunter then equiped three of those fans (which I can't remember their names) and with a roll of a six, my crimson was returned to my hand. Luckily I rolled a six again, and placed my crimson. I could not attack because I had nothing left. I had no other cards to place. This process continued as the Hunter began to attack my character and my crimson, which returned to me multiple times. Not that I think this is neccessarily a cheap deck, just a very frustrating one, since I had to rely mostly on my SC to destroy the fans. It dragged the battle well beyond its welcome. I did win, but it took forever. I just used companion until they all were dead, basically. I'm sure there are monsters which have the same ability as the fan.

I still believe it balances out, and that all Arkz decks are not cheap. I do think that was very mean what that guy did (lying about his playing style), but hating all Arkz is very broad. You have yet to play very good Arkz who deserve the "gg" at the end, for that I am sorry.

Sharkyland
Apr 22, 2004, 06:23 PM
I only use my one point deck against COMs because they are annoying as hell. I want to be as cheap as possible against the COMs, but I will not try to be cheap against Human players.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-04-22 23:06 ]</font>

CoPsOleader
Apr 23, 2004, 08:05 AM
zebulan with that your should of put different monsters down instead of one big one.

but another thing that makes me mad about arks are techs.I was fighting an other ark yesterday and he had a Dark sorcer(sry if i spelled wrong).And he had a hand full of techs and my partner and I were both hunter and he had a hunter on his team.One tech did from 10-12 damage.So u would equild along range weapon and about you get it on move close its gone and your hp is like 7.Most of the battles I lost were because arks and/or techs.But I dont care about techs like I do arks.

Zebulan7
Apr 26, 2004, 04:22 PM
Techs do seem to be powerful with Arkz. The highest TP for an Arkz is four with Break, who is a great character. Then again, you must look at the risk Arkz SC put themselves in by getting within range. Peko, though his ability is useful, can use only one tech per turn, while Il'nois (whatever) can cast as many as she has equiped with the deduction.

The Sorceror is another rare, high cost. Though its tech may be powerful, you only have to fear one tech attack from the sorceror. The sorceror also has the tech ability, as well as the warp. These things should make anyone tremble. With any highcost card you are putting yourself at a risk. Same with Hunters, which protects you with less items. Besides, with a sorceror out they couldn't spam anyways, unless they happen to have two one pointers, which would be very conviniant.

Techs do seem sided to be used against Hunters. Its highly unlikly that an Arkz will use a gaurd creature, and rampage has no affect unless all their creatures are within the range. But it must be remembered that not all creatures with good TP can cast techs, same with items. Also, tp is usually added to that of the Hunter SC, making Gluster usuful for that reason.

Any other problems?

Skorpius
Apr 26, 2004, 04:54 PM
CoPsOleader, How about we all be Hunters and stand face to face in Caelum, going back and forth, like morons?

One thing that needs to be considered is the rarity/rank of great arkz cards. Most of the ones that I use that I enjoy, are rare, REALLT rare. Sinow Berill is a good card, sucks that I only have 2 at CLv 60 online ._ .
Until you are past CLv 50, you really have no right to complain, because, by then, you'll have resources to counter almost everything.

shinto_kuji
Apr 26, 2004, 11:57 PM
Companion
Counter
Virus
Tornado
Fly
Stamina
Hand Break
Dice Half
Territory (depends on what they use...)

Any that I missed?

As for techs, put some defense cards in your deck that can defend against them. Duh. So many people complain about techs, then their deck is filled with only guards and such.

I got stomped by Malkavian's stall deck the other day. Did I consider it cheap? No I didn't. The only thing that happened from that was some serious learning and editing of my decks.

Single Arkz = Just as balanced as any Hunter.

Dual Arkz = I find them annoying, but not cheap.

CoPsOleader
Apr 28, 2004, 12:55 PM
ok again with just saying just slapping on cards.Most ppl dont have them cards.Ok and who was the guy who wanted to fight if u wanna fight i dont care we can.

CoPsOleader
Apr 28, 2004, 01:09 PM
techs dont favor hunters to me.Ok look 4 al rappies and 2 step from peko and he rolls high.Ino lis rolls and has 4 canes whos does more damage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CoPsOleader on 2004-04-28 11:12 ]</font>

Raven2x
Apr 28, 2004, 02:19 PM
most hunter players are just pricks anyway

EXAMPLE
I go fight someone
I say are you hunter or ark, if you dont wanna tell, dont.
They say ARK.
I use my deck made against arks, but is still an ark deck so its fair.. ( testing it out )
He is a Hunter Tech deck Glustar
Only first level techs, and 2 act point canes (average tech deck ) he says that tech decks are hard to make and that my deck sucks, because its based around the long range of KC and indi belra +, which is against arks, and he continues to annoy me saying I suck.
So he bum rushes me with barta and kills me 3 hits, since i had nothing to stop him. cause indi belra + only attacked 1 wep.
Then i reported him to sega for fsoding (;

Zebulan7
Apr 28, 2004, 04:39 PM
You must understand that not all Arkz use spamming as their stratagy. I don't see how Arkz are more annoying than a Hunter. They are balanced in "annoyingness," thats what they were made for. Maybe you just don't agree with the playing style (aka summoning vs equiping).

Besides, unless you are fighting two Arkz, you can't have four Pal Rappies on the Field http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif This Pal/Tech deck ain't that great either. Pals are quick exp, especially if they keep returning, which would be the same for a spamming Hu. This deck would require high rolls so they could be newly summoned each roll/ use a tech. Also, its highly unlikly that all three will be able to fit in the hand when defeated, at most two will return. I should also mention that if Pecko is close enough to use a tech, whap him to death next turn with techs. Oh, and those same techs like Gizonde can attack thru walls of Rappies. You should think about weps with Tech Halfgaurd too, like the sheilds. It goes both ways, so use techs to your advantage.

Sharkyland
Apr 28, 2004, 06:17 PM
One thing I hate about Episode III... MAIL. Cripes when I'm trying to reply during the middle of the battle and someone is getting attacked, there goes my mail. x_x

navci
Apr 28, 2004, 09:02 PM
On 2004-04-28 16:17, Sharkyland wrote:
One thing I hate about Episode III... MAIL. Cripes when I'm trying to reply during the middle of the battle and someone is getting attacked, there goes my mail. x_x

Same thing with when you are deck editing, you can't receive your mail. :/

Getintothegame
Apr 28, 2004, 09:07 PM
Thats like in Episode 1 and 2, someone using a PB and you have to re-type everything.

Other than that, nothing else bugs me.

Nai_Calus
Apr 28, 2004, 11:10 PM
On 2004-04-28 19:07, Getintothegame wrote:
Thats like in Episode 1 and 2, someone using a PB and you have to re-type everything.

Other than that, nothing else bugs me.

Except people using PBs happens far less often.

Really, communication in Ep3 is disgusting at best.

StrongBad
Apr 28, 2004, 11:14 PM
On 2004-04-28 12:19, Raven2x wrote:
Then i reported him to sega for fsoding (;

Wow, you sure told him whose boss.

CoPsOleader
Apr 29, 2004, 08:08 AM
Hunters are equal annoying.Whats more annoying you not being able to move for the whole match or someone having like 6 guns or weapons.Ok if a hunter spams weapon and lets say you live ok to spam that means that the weapons hp are very 1 like 1-3 maybe 4.Ok if they keep doing it and you keep knocking off their weapons soon are later their gonna die.Plus their is a card called punch.For arks you cant use punch but you can use other cards like roundslay and stuff like that.But if rappies keep coming back whats the point of keep trying to kill them.Plus rappies go bad to their hand.So i dont see how a hunter is equally annoying.Hunters cant block warps with weapons on odor or block you in a corner and keep u there as long as they please.

Sharkyland
Apr 29, 2004, 09:35 AM
On 2004-04-28 19:02, navi wrote:
Same thing with when you are deck editing, you can't receive your mail. :/

At least you can still converse with other people in the room and the mail isn't in the middle of the screen.

shinto_kuji
Apr 30, 2004, 02:02 AM
If you're having problems with getting cornered, then put in some cross slay/round slay AC if you don't have any of the higher rarity AC and assists.

One thing I hate about EpIII is the bug with Virus-esque AC where it sometimes doesn't let you defend your items. >.>

Oh, and the fact that you can't load up R-base online or offline in free ba. Sometimes I don't want such an uber shiny local. >.<;