PDA

View Full Version : Protect Yourself Against Future Abuse

BogusKun
Apr 20, 2004, 12:25 PM
I want to make this topic because I feel it will make great use to PSO-World. I hope every member uses this to their advantage when playing the US/EU Version of Episode 3.

To protect yourself from FSOD:
Simply change your game to Japanese Mode. This will redirect the Word Select into a random/legal question. If you happen to swap the memory cards, please make sure your default character is on Japanese. You can't be touch in this mode

Q: But how am I suppose to understand what people are saying/ or my cards in hand?

A: Take time to memorize the cards in your deck. Usually people fight others within their levels, so it shouldn't be too bad.

A: Can't understand what others are saying? It should matter. Just speak normally. Use the (~`) key just below the Esc key to switch between languages

To SafeGuard Hunters Liscence Theft:

Do NOT converse with ANYONE asking for your serial for ANY reason. Even if they ask you to join a private server (which is hacking/illegal anyways), or help you rank up in battle.

Q: I was banned for no reason, what does it mean?

A: Apparently, someone used Episode 2 and banned items to ban you. Normally resulting in a 24 hour ban to permanent.

Q: Can I change my passwords and such?

A: Simply call SEGA (800)USA-SEGA, supposely if you talk to a representative, you may get redirected to Sonic Team of America and they will further assist you.

People to watch out for:
Cheaters (apparently doing things the rest of us can't do)
Hayato Clones
YOUR FRIENDS at Level 1 but same RANK (may mention Corruption)
Myria without GODDESS rank.
Newb-Killer
FOnewmkiller
Mark-777
Fingaz-fsod
Artemidous
S@ch3l
ZanMato
FantasyEve

[NOTE]
I do not know if his cousin does FSOD on his older import version of Ep3. But if someone can confirm this it would be helpful. Thanks.

---Don't trust---
Unknown or Suspicious Cheaters PERIOD
Anyone who asks for Serials for ANY reason.
PERIOD!!!

I believe making a sticky on this topic would also prove helpful to others?

A Legal Note...
The stealing of HLs and other personal information is strictly prohibited by law. You can find the Legal Information in the final pages of your manual.

Please PM if there are any questions.

HaLLa
Apr 20, 2004, 12:31 PM
Actually I did corrupt and it kepy my rank. It stores it on your Serial I think. Which is actually something Sega did good.

Zaneatron
Apr 20, 2004, 12:36 PM
he means people are impersonating your friends to get your serials and stuff. you can tell it isnt one of your "friends", depending on what crowd your in, by the fact they have RANK:1 above their head, not RANK:4000+ or GOD:1 because there should be only 1 GOD:1.....

BogusKun
Apr 20, 2004, 01:01 PM
On 2004-04-20 10:36, Zaneatron wrote:
he means people are impersonating your friends to get your serials and stuff. you can tell it isnt one of your "friends", depending on what crowd your in, by the fact they have RANK:1 above their head, not RANK:4000+ or GOD:1 because there should be only 1 GOD:1.....

He has a good point. I didn't know serial stealing was actually in PSO. This is a first... But remember, a serial thief is someone likely to jump and fall ranks.

He/she may be a MASTER then somehow jump to KING in less than 3 minutes, then convert back. Of course you can't play the game correctly because you will have to make a level 1. So don't worry about playing against thieves since they don't have decent cards.

Also if you search the person, he/she may not appear on your searches correctly.