PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Stupid Big, Involving Sil'fer.

KIRBYSIM
Apr 20, 2004, 04:13 PM
Earlier I had a game online with some stranger who was using Sil'fer. Throughout the match, said stranger used Virus and Earthquake a couple of times.

Weirdly enough, every single time he/she used such a card, the picture of the action card was not shown next to Sil'fer's SC card. I had to check the battle history to find out that it was a Virus or Earthquake.

What boggles the mind further was that Sil'fer dealt everyone on the field 3 damage points, irregardless of whether it was Virus or Earthquake being used. And by everyone, I mean even Story Characters.

OMG, I am so going to sell my copy of episode III as soon as my hunter's license expires.

Kanore
Apr 20, 2004, 04:15 PM
On 2004-04-20 14:13, KIRBYSIM wrote:
Earlier I had a game online with some stranger who was using Sil'fer. Throughout the match, said stranger used Virus and Earthquake a couple of times.

Weirdly enough, every single time he/she used such a card, the picture of the action card was not shown next to Sil'fer's SC card. I had to check the battle history to find out that it was a Virus or Earthquake.

What boggles the mind further was that Sil'fer dealt everyone on the field 3 damage points, irregardless of whether it was Virus or Earthquake being used. And by everyone, I mean even Story Characters.

OMG, I am so going to sell my copy of episode III as soon as my hunter's license expires.

That alsways happens... just use a guard card, jesus...

Sharkyland
Apr 20, 2004, 04:31 PM
From what I heard, it's a bug in the game. I usually call her 'suicide sil'fer' because of the virus since it hurts her too. I mostly experience this in teams where KC and Sil'fer are teamed up with each other and they use earthquake, virus, etc...

Break & Saligun... Break also has this thing too. I hate this stupid bug, but by the time Sil'fer destroys her stuff, I give her the final blow.

hucasts_rock
Apr 20, 2004, 04:51 PM
well, it may be the action disrupter affect, if you used any item like that then it was most likely Sil'fer and Break could still use the range, just not the ability

Arislan
Apr 20, 2004, 05:06 PM
Yeah, except that I've seen Sil'fer use that "ability" when we were both withut anything equipped. Break has done the same.

Skorpius
Apr 20, 2004, 06:49 PM
I've never seen such an effect.

Malkavian
Apr 21, 2004, 10:35 AM
On 2004-04-20 16:49, Skorpius wrote:
I've never seen such an effect.

Same here and I have over 650 hours logged online on Episode 3. Near 1200 battles.
Maybe is a US version bug only?

Zaneatron
Apr 21, 2004, 12:54 PM
ive only ever seen this happen when action disruptors have been equipped, reguardless of whos equipped them. earthquake and virus are global cards, that can affect your own cards. i think something with ability trap may cause a similar effect as well.

Skorpius
Apr 21, 2004, 03:17 PM
If an attack with an action card happens with an Action Disruptor on the field, the item is destroyed, THEN the action card attacks, the card (I think) is still destroyed

VulpesMundi
Apr 21, 2004, 05:08 PM
This is most likely not a bug. I've never seen anyone strike the entire field without an action card. What happens with an action disrupter is the AC card is disabled (removed) from play before the attack takes place. Listen and you'll hear the little card whoosh as it's being tossed off the field. The thing about action disrupters is that they won't effect the range that an AC card gives. So if you play an all range card against an action disrupter you'll still hit everything on the field, but you appear to be attacking normally without an AC card at all (and indeed will attack everything as you would with your default AP). Whenever you see this happen, check the card history to see what AC card was actually used. It'll be listed there. The only cards that do not show up in the card history are assist cards received from the card capsules scattered around on Nebula 1.

Alisha
Apr 21, 2004, 05:20 PM
the worst thing is one time some one was doing this with savitri equiped....... 7 dmg......

PSO_Komodo
Apr 24, 2004, 05:43 AM
Ok I saw this today, if your looking to replicate this then try an online team tourney game, its the team with KC and Sil'fer, sorry dont remember the deck names.

Sil'fer attacked everything on the field with no visible action card, and there was no action disrupters to my knowledge. KC had no monsters, there were 4 dice +1's, I was using Ino'lis with basic force stuff, and my teamate, Rio, had flooded the whole entire map with 1 Ap monsters. Sil'fer kept equiping shields and using Virus or sometimes no visible card, to attack everything including SC's.

navci
Apr 24, 2004, 03:23 PM
I have seen that done, only Sil'fer was with a Genbu.
I am confused?

Aunt_Betty
Apr 24, 2004, 03:32 PM
That is rather funny. Call it "Seppeku Sil'fer"

DruidMettool
Apr 24, 2004, 04:26 PM
I've won 3 tournaments this way... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

navci
Apr 24, 2004, 06:04 PM
Sil'fer also like to kill KC in the process.

There are two teams with Sil'fer and KC. One with the sucidal maniac who pairs with KC who like to use virus on your as the Story Character. The other are super annoying with a Meteor Cudge and KC spamming Tornado. :/

So KC and Sil'fer == mostly annoying.

Sharkyland
Apr 24, 2004, 07:24 PM
Yes, I hate this team. Yes, this bug seems to be in the US version only. I've seen Sil'fer attack the whole entire field with no action cards (nothing equipped either!)... I've noticed that break does this as well.

DruidMettool
Apr 24, 2004, 08:10 PM
(happy 2000th post, Navi)

I just remembered Kranz's "Accel." deck. It's not THAT hard, but if you're ark, and playing on Nebula 2... you're gonna get owned.

shinto_kuji
Apr 26, 2004, 12:36 AM
-puts an end to it-

This is no bug whatsoever.

Check everyone's equipment next time and you'll realize that someone had AC Disruptor going. Usually with the deck you're talking about, it's Sil'fer sporting a Genbu. And like said earlier, AC Disruptors don't affect the range or targets of an ac you use.

So...

AC Disruptor (Genbu, Kaladbolg, Savitri, Twin Chak...) + Virus, Earthquake, or any other AC of that type that hits the whole field = an attack that hits everyone for an amount equal to the user's AP. With Sil'fer that's usually 3 damage to everything on the field. But, when it's used with stuff like Shifta Merge, or Mothvists... you get the idea.

So nope... no bug.

Edit: The reason you thought there was no AC Disruptor item equipped was that it probably go destroyed in the attack. Just check battle history.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shinto_kuji on 2004-04-25 22:49 ]</font>