PDA

View Full Version : How active is the game nowadays?

Swordheart
Apr 20, 2004, 05:45 PM
I've been playing FFXI for a while now and I'm not getting into it. I played PSO many many years agao, back in the Dreamcast V1 days. And a bit in V2 I might add. I miss Rygol, and I'm thinking about returning. I just wanted to ask how active EPI&II is today? That is to say, is it mostly empty now that EPIII is out? Or is the population pretty evenly split? I've not played EPIII yet but I'm sure I'd enjoy it just as much as anything else. I was also wondering, if it's the same character you use for both games or if you have to make two seperate characters? Thanks for the input everyone.

Jason
Apr 20, 2004, 06:56 PM
You'll have to create a new character for Ep III of course. And of course, I'll just say there are less players playing Ep I & II than before. The population is okay, but it'll be a lot better if we know the language of Japanese (instead of using shortcuts/word selects).

PurplePower1
Apr 20, 2004, 10:34 PM
the population isn't bad, some rooms are better than others of course though. hackers and such everywhere.

Prophet2k
Apr 21, 2004, 05:21 AM
At peak times its not to bad, as long as u dont mind mingling with the odd n00b server with the hardcore 15yr old hackers ( not being judgemental of course ), aside from that if u dont mind using the pre-defined word select ( which does work very well ) then theres almost always more than 1000JP players on, with 4 - 5k at there peak times, so all things aside it just depends how much u wanna play and how tolerant you are http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Proph.

Forsyth
Apr 21, 2004, 12:24 PM
I came back to playing this after playing Final Fantasy XI for 5 months and I must say I enjoy playing this alot more. (No waiting hours on end to get into a party that will most likly me killed a couple times) Depending on what ship and what hours of the day you play, you can find plenty of cool people to play with. While the community is not as strong as it was before EP III and FFXI, I have a feeling alot more people are going to be making their way back to this as time goes on.

Neith
Apr 21, 2004, 01:22 PM
Cant really say its been really busy recently, ive just came back online after a month or so stay away, and its pretty desolate compared to what it was. the shut-down of the 50Hz servers doesn't really help, and everyone tends to play in Vega, which im never gonna visit, heard too many horror stories about it. Three corruptions is quite enough, thank you..