PDA

View Full Version : Material Usage

cHaOsMaZtA
Apr 20, 2004, 06:55 PM
I was wondering what materials i should feed my characters. And I'm not talking about maxing stats. I highly doubt I will get to level 200 with any of my chars. Now that I think about it, somebody should make a guide about what is best to feed each character class. Thanks for the help.

oeagrus
Apr 21, 2004, 09:35 AM
Just build a little spreadsheet in Excel like I did. Take your character's base level 200 stats, their max level 200 stats, figure out the difference and your on you way to knowing how much of each type to feed your character. Make your mag accordingly and try to max your stats without any God/units. Some characters can't be maxed w/o a few God/Abilities (cough FOmar cough) and perfect mat consumption.

All it takes is a little work.

cHaOsMaZtA
Apr 21, 2004, 09:49 PM
On 2004-04-20 16:55, cHaOsMaZtA wrote:
And I'm not talking about maxing stats.

hmm... i guess you didn't read my post very thoroughly. I want to know what is the best way to use your materials on your characters if aren't trying to max their stats

Eclypse
Apr 21, 2004, 09:54 PM
Well that would depend on if you've used an materials already. In the event that you haven't yet, I would feed your HUnewearl Arwen, 50 defense, 50 evade, 50 power materials. The reason for balancing is because the HUnewearl isn't the best at anyone thing but she is good at many things so it's best not to make her one dimensional. Depending on how you raised your mag that will also influence mat use also.

THOMAS_LARS
Apr 22, 2004, 07:09 PM
Well if you want my opinion I would say for your HUNTERS power, mind, and evade. For FORCES mind, evade, def, and HP. For RANGERS power, mind, HP, and defense.

Jazhara
Apr 23, 2004, 07:25 AM
If you use RA or HU, or melee FO, max LCK.

oeagrus
Apr 23, 2004, 02:28 PM
Yeah I guess I didn't get your question. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Realize that, by not balancing your mats and preparing for a high level, you'll max out some stat quite early on, then all subsequent levels you gain will never affect that stat. IE if you consume only Power mats, yes you'll be a strong player, but your power will then probably top out around level 130-150 (depending on your mag obviously).

There's a corollary to the story of the ant and the grasshopper here (preparing for the future vs. preparing for today). If you're not interested in someday maxing out all your stats, then which mats you take along the way really don't matter.

But for the most part regarding mats...
EVADE - 75% of people say it's useless
DEFENSE - use mats for this, not your mag
POWER - Rangers, Hunters, Melee FO's need this direly
LUCK - ditto
MIND - all FO's, then possibly HUnewearls and RAmarls
HP - take every one you find
TP - if you find 2 in 500 hours, you're doing swell

TatuPreb119
Apr 23, 2004, 02:58 PM
I figured I'd throw this in here because I didn't want to make a new topic about the same thing but How many Materials can a HUcast use? I've looked at the guide but it doesn't make sense.. It shows 125 for hp and 125 for TP? and a total of 150.. which does not add up

DezoPenguin
Apr 23, 2004, 03:18 PM
On 2004-04-23 12:58, TatuPreb119 wrote:
I figured I'd throw this in here because I didn't want to make a new topic about the same thing but How many Materials can a HUcast use? I've looked at the guide but it doesn't make sense.. It shows 125 for hp and 125 for TP? and a total of 150.. which does not add up

The problem arises because there are three material counters: "HP Mats," "TP Mats," and, for lack of a better way of expressing it, "All Other Mats." I had the same confusion when I started with the GC version.

So basically, your android can swallow 125 HP mats, and can then get 150 more mats of type Power, Def, Evade, and Luck for a total of 275 mats. I have no idea whether the game would let you eat any TP mats since I've never encountered one (it won't let bots eat Mind mats, though, since the stat is already maxxed at 0).

Likewise, a human can eat 125 HP + 125 TP + 250 other = 500 total materials, and a Newman 125 + 125 + 150 = 400 total.

TatuPreb119
Apr 23, 2004, 03:23 PM
Thank you that cleared it all up Time to eat all of those HP materials I've been saving... Probally around 75!