PDA

View Full Version : (Updated May 25th)Release date confirmed for EU PSO:Ep3 - J

Balbarei
Apr 21, 2004, 12:43 PM
According to Playsega.com

Welcome to PlaySega, your gateway to the PSO Homepage, an information centre for the users of Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 and Episode III C.A.R.D. Revolution for Nintendo Game Cube (PSO) in Europe. Entry to the PSO Homepage is restricted to owners of PSO.
Registered PSO Episode I&II users are currently entitled to 30 DAYS FREE online game play. Please note that this offer is subject to our Terms & Conditions and may only be used once for each legitimately purchased copy of PSO I&II. If you wish to continue to play PSO Episode I&II after the first 30 days, you will need to purchase a Hunter's License from The PSO Homepage.

One account, One Hunter's Licence...TWO great online games!
Buy just one Hunter's Licence here and enjoy both PSO Episodes I&II and III online.
If you registered with PSO Episodes I&II SEGA recommends re-using your Episode I&II Serial Number and Access key to play online with PSO Episode III C.A.R.D Revolution.
Just remember to register your PSO III characters using your PSO I&II Serial Number and Access Key!
Current Hunter's License subscription charges:
30-Days
8.95 Euro
5.99 ? UK
90-Days
22.95 Euro
15.95 ? UK

Please note that these subscription charges may change.
Please note that additional charge for your telephone, ISP (internet service provider) and/or network services provider may be required in order to play PSO online.
If you have already registered your details, enter your user name and password below. If you are a new user, click on the "register" button.

Another note, is like the news 50hz EU/Servers will go down on June 9th...and ep3 coming June 10th...and will only feature 60hz mode for European players !!

PSO Episode III C.A.R.D Revolution - on sale from 10th June!

------------------------------------------------
see last post of mine for explanation.

rena

//edit by Arislan
Date seems to have been finalized, here it is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Balbarei on 2004-05-08 06:41 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2004-05-25 12:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2004-05-25 13:40 ]</font>

Getintothegame
Apr 21, 2004, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the news!

Balbarei
Apr 21, 2004, 05:03 PM
On 2004-04-21 14:47, Getintothegame wrote:
Thanks for the news!

No Problem!

Balbarei
Apr 21, 2004, 05:08 PM
Got a confirmation from Nintendo fo Denmark !

http://www.nintendo.dk/product/future.asp?mainid=63&subid=116&id=23

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
So All european people out there....pso here we go soon !

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Balbarei on 2004-04-21 15:10 ]</font>

Tekershee
Apr 22, 2004, 01:43 AM
What more can I say eh? YES!!!

Jack
Apr 22, 2004, 02:47 AM
Would be right before my frigging exams, wouldn't it...

Zalana
Apr 22, 2004, 06:58 AM
EU people: "Welcome to the world of PSO"

rena-ko
Apr 22, 2004, 07:27 AM
On 2004-04-22 00:47, Jack wrote:
Would be right before my frigging exams, wouldn't it...

ditto >_>

at least something official.

Balbarei
Apr 22, 2004, 08:21 AM
Jack:hehe i know my exam is same day http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

btw i also noted that on http://www.sega-europe.com/ that PSO:Episode 3 Mini-webpage is up that you can watch pics and a trailer movie !!

Tekershee
Apr 22, 2004, 10:24 AM
I dont have exams on that day! I do like the day before though but oh well! YAY

Herogod
Apr 22, 2004, 03:01 PM
On 2004-04-22 04:58, Zalana wrote:

FFS how infuriating that post is! PSO has been around in EU for nearly 3 years!!

Tekershee
Apr 22, 2004, 03:06 PM
That is true :/

Balbarei
Apr 23, 2004, 05:33 AM
On 2004-04-22 13:01, Herogod wrote:

FFS how infuriating that post is! PSO has been around in EU for nearly 3 years!!

Welcome to the world of C.A.R.D PSO then ^_^

rena-ko
Apr 27, 2004, 10:03 AM
latest news on that according to atari: june 17th

http://www.atari.de/productpage.php?productID=380
(yeah, german page. whatever)

Balbarei
Apr 29, 2004, 12:40 PM
hm weird, because nintendo of sweden is the one that gonna ship out the games, maybe sweden gets it first? and it takes another week before the rest gets it?

the cheif on nintendo told me 11th june!

rena-ko
May 4, 2004, 10:34 AM
i have no clue.
nintendo de has no official release yet - they dont even have it in their game-list. meh.

since atari is the publisher, i'd say, thats the actual date, but maybe you swedish get it first ^_^

Balbarei
May 5, 2004, 02:41 PM
atari might be publisher but swedish nintendo called Bergsala is the distrubitor we prolly get the game a week before the rest of europe

BogusKun
May 5, 2004, 03:08 PM
Sweden will not release the game before the rest of E.U.... trust me. It's not going to work that way. It's part of localizing.

Balbarei
May 6, 2004, 03:23 AM
On 2004-05-05 13:08, BogusKun wrote:
Sweden will not release the game before the rest of E.U.... trust me. It's not going to work that way. It's part of localizing.

oh ya? how do you know that, do you live in europe...then dont say anything...

we got some games this xmas a week before rest of europe

Jack
May 6, 2004, 05:48 AM
PlaySega says 10th of June.

BogusKun
May 7, 2004, 01:43 AM
On 2004-05-06 01:23, Balbarei wrote:

On 2004-05-05 13:08, BogusKun wrote:

oh ya? how do you know that, do you live in europe...then dont say anything...

we got some games this xmas a week before rest of europe

Seeing that I know more about Nintendo than you ever will... I can say as I want...

but if that's the case... "Why didn't you say so?"

rena-ko
May 7, 2004, 02:04 PM
yeah, play sega claims june 10th.

so... i'll alter the first one again i guess >_>

Zaneatron
May 7, 2004, 03:17 PM
all gamecube games are distributed from a big warehouse in Germany, from there they are sent to the local distributors across europe. that way, the release of games can be on the same day, not a week before, and i seriously doubt they ship the games across, you could easily get 10000 units on a plane with masses of space to spare, so i expect they would fly them across. then again, i doubt they would need 10000+ units for the whole of europe anyway.

now, that is a nintendo warehouse, i think, but i dont see why sega/atari wouldnt take advantage of that. its a lot cheaper to send your games to one place as opposed to lots of different locations. if you look at the back of most of your GC games, it will say assembled in germany, guess where.

i admit PSO has Assembled in Europe written on the back of it, but the chances are it was done in germany. Europe is probably put on games not made/distributed by nintendo.
just browsing through some of my games, i had 2 UKs, a few EUs, and mostly Germany, including GBP.

Zalana
May 9, 2004, 08:53 PM
On 2004-04-22 13:01, Herogod wrote:

It wasn't meant to be in a bad way. What I meant by it was that you folks will be getting ep3 soon! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AYY-BEE-CEE
May 19, 2004, 10:19 AM
About bloody time!

Unfortunately though, I can't see a much point in me getting it as since the Americans have had it for about half a year they will have managed to tamper with it enough to get the game overrun with dupes, fsod etc.

Having found another MMORPG that does not have cheats left right and centre, I am wondering if I should buy this game or not. Hmmm.....

Arislan
May 19, 2004, 10:27 AM
Dupes really aren't a problem. It's not like Ep 1 and 2. You can create cards from nothing... But it takes time and effort, and doesn't mean you know what to do with the card.. And you can't trade S, SS, and E ranks. FSODs are a problem, but I'm hoping Sega figured that out with the EU release and at least that'll be safe like hte JP version is.

decswxaqz
May 25, 2004, 02:16 PM
Shouldn't someone change the title of the thread? Playsega.com says it's June 18th now.

rena-ko
May 25, 2004, 02:44 PM
for me, playsega has no releasedate at all. we'll see.

some checking...

amazon.de claims june 17th (and reduced the price from 59,99 to 54,99 euro already)

nintendo.de still has nothing better than Q2.

sega claims the same Q2.

atari.de says june 17th.

Zaneatron
May 25, 2004, 03:29 PM
http://www.card-revolution.com/images/zane/pso3palr.gif

playsega.com says it for me...

Balbarei
May 30, 2004, 05:48 PM
Ive got the release list in my hands...June 18th...i even go the demo disc ^_^

Lion
Jun 2, 2004, 02:13 PM
I'm sure this made a lot of European players happy.

I just hope they don't get annoyed and pestered by people level 70 "Oh I'm new let me play you!" And stuff like that. And plus, you'll get to experience FSOD, every 10 minutes, Euro-Style! Hope the annoying American players are nice..

shera
Jun 3, 2004, 02:42 PM
Ok i dont know if you live in the uk or know the UK sega phone number but, when i checked with them i said what you wrote here they said what!

so i checked the site my self should have done 1st.

taken from the site

**** IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL USERS ****

From 9th June 2004 the PSO Episode I&II players will no longer be able to play online using the 50Hz TV display option. SEGA recommends that any player using the 50Hz option immediately change their PSO settings to the 60Hz TV display.

This change does not affect players who are already using the 60Hz TV display, who do not need to take any action.

To switch to a 60Hz display, place the PSO disc in your Gamecube and press the 'Reset button'. Hold down the 'B button' whilst the Gamecube restarts. A message asking 'Would you like to display in 60Hz mode' is displayed. Select 'Yes'.

Further instructions can be found in your PSO Episode I&II manual. Alternatively, please contact SEGA Product Support, who will be happy to help.

Welcome to PlaySega, your gateway to the PSO Homepage, an information centre for the users of Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 and Episode III C.A.R.D. Revolution for Nintendo Game Cube (PSO) in Europe. Entry to the PSO Homepage is restricted to owners of PSO.
Registered PSO Episode I&II users are currently entitled to 30 DAYS FREE online game play. Please note that this offer is subject to our Terms & Conditions and may only be used once for each legitimately purchased copy of PSO I&II. If you wish to continue to play PSO Episode I&II after the first 30 days, you will need to purchase a Hunter's License from The PSO Homepage.

One account, One Hunter's Licence...TWO great online games!
Buy just one Hunter's Licence here and enjoy both PSO Episodes I&II and III online.
If you registered with PSO Episodes I&II SEGA recommends re-using your Episode I&II Serial Number and Access key to play online with PSO Episode III C.A.R.D Revolution.
Just remember to register your PSO III characters using your PSO I&II Serial Number and Access Key!
Current Hunter's License subscription charges:
30-Days
? 8.95
? 5.99 90-Days
? 22.95
? 15.95

Please note that these subscription charges may change.
Please note that additional charge for your telephone, ISP (internet service provider) and/or network services provider may be required in order to play PSO online.
If you have already registered your details, enter your user name and password below. If you are a new user, click on the "register" button.
BT Click users - Click here for Terms and Conditions of use.
User Name:
Password:
PSO Episode III C.A.R.D Revolution - on sale from 18th June!

like i said news you can trust just read my posts you should have stickied mine instead at least check out the facts b4 you rely on other ppl

BTW in the UK which is where i live thats how i know this games come out on a Friday not a thursday hahaha

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shera on 2004-06-03 12:43 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shera on 2004-06-03 12:44 ]</font>

AYY-BEE-CEE
Jun 4, 2004, 03:13 PM
No offence American players, but I hope you don't come to the EU servers for the first few weeks because I, along with others, would like to experience the game with other newbies without having experienced players breathing down my neck.

I hope there's going to be lots of non-English players about, that'll put you guys off. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

AYY-BEE-CEE
Jun 4, 2004, 03:14 PM
By the way, why isn't this information on the news page of this website? Does nobody care about us? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Jack
Jun 9, 2004, 10:05 AM
PlaySega says 11th now.

AYY-BEE-CEE
Jun 11, 2004, 10:37 AM
Bugger, couldn't find it in the shops. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Zaneatron
Jun 11, 2004, 11:54 AM
Thats cause its exclusive to GAME for a week.

AYY-BEE-CEE
Jun 12, 2004, 05:05 AM
On 2004-06-11 09:54, Zaneatron wrote:
Thats cause its exclusive to GAME for a week.

Yeah, I found that out a minute after posting that. I've just bought it from their website, should come on Monday.

kizzycrew
Jun 14, 2004, 12:49 PM
Exclusive to game for a week? Aaah.

Gamestation staff said they will never. EVER. sell it.

And why?

Apparently, Sega have marked up PSO at price to the retailer to somewhere around £30.

They said becuase they're smaller than game etc, they won't be able to make much from it.

Silly Buggers.

I got mine from game anywho. I love this game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rapture
Jun 14, 2004, 01:39 PM
decswxaqz don't you post on the nintendo europe forums. I mad an episode 1&2 topic ages ago and i think you replied, plus i think i have your guild....i think. Anyway i have the game although i haven't played it a lot yet and that FSOD dosen't sound too good though. Damn it just as i was about to rejoin the PSO online community.

Jack
Jun 14, 2004, 04:59 PM
On 2004-06-14 10:49, kizzycrew wrote:
Exclusive to game for a week? Aaah.

Gamestation staff said they will never. EVER. sell it.

And why?

Apparently, Sega have marked up PSO at price to the retailer to somewhere around ?30.

They said becuase they're smaller than game etc, they won't be able to make much from it.

Silly Buggers.

I got mine from game anywho. I love this game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Grainger Games are selling it, and they're 5 stores in Newcastle, not a national chain. I'd be very surprised if that was the case.