PDA

View Full Version : 4 player team, gender, force and androids

Sha_Hua
Apr 21, 2004, 03:24 PM
I'm having trouble selecting a team.

Me and my friends want to start an offline game through ragol. For this we want to create a team that's tactical and can equip al items.

We've selected the following characters which will feed the begin mag's to:
HUcast (the brute force) with a power mag
RAcaseal (the tactical shooter) with a accuracy mag
FOnewm (the attack from distance force) with a force mag
HUnewearl (me, all round as leader) with a defense mag

These because:
Android Hunter is the toughest player
Android Ranger to shoot traps
Fonewm has bonus on foie and zonde
Human hunter as all round player

Now the errors in this team are.
Only the FOnewm can cast reverser. But we can always use moon atoms.
We want to be able to equip all weapons. but although we have a male and female and a male and femal android we'll won't be able to equip stag cutlery.

Does anyone have suggestions how to improve this team?

I'm also interrested in all the weapons that hold special attributes like only male, female or android (like stag cutlery) so I micht find a team that can equip all weapons and items.

Also we can choose between XBox or GC when we start. Does any of these 2 have a advantage when playing offline?

I know all these question are asked before but finding them through search and looking through pages would take days!

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ketchup345
Apr 21, 2004, 03:42 PM
1) Switch FOnewm with amore team friendly FOrce. These would be the FOnewearl and FOmarl. They both have a double Resta and Anti range, and the FOmarl has double shifta and Deband range. FOnewm does not has a bonus on Foie and Zonde, he has the boost on just the Gi* and Ra* techniques, which are seriously cut in power for multiplayer games (higher enemy resists). The FOnewearl has a boost to the basic techniques, and penetrating Megid. The FOmarl has a 50% boost to grants (kills those annoying Belras fast).

2) ATP isn't everything, so make sure the HUcast has a high DEX Mag, or */Arm units. I would have the HUnter's Mags with the stats of 5/125/70/0. The RAcaseal's as 5/145/50/0. The RAcaseal can be switched with a RAcast, but the decision is up to you (higher ATP, but less ATA). The FOrce's could be 50/0/0/150 if you plan to do only techs. Or they can switch between a 5/125/70/0 for Melee and a 50/0/0/150 for tech casting.

3) Everyone should carry Moon Ats except the FOrce (but Moon Ats are faster, up to the FOrce).

4) The HUnewearl can be replaced with a HUcast/HUcaseal if the FOrce is competent enough. A HUnewearl is weakened if there is a competent FOrce in the team already, since they are weak in ATP, have low ATA.

5) I don't know all the special weapons and items, but here are some:
Holy Ray: Anyone with over 680 MST (its a rifle)
S-Parts and D-Parts: Androids only
Stag Cutlery: Male HUnters and RAngers only

6) The system is personal choice, what system do you want more games for? Or do you already have one of each system? Offline play isn't changed between systems.

Sha_Hua
Apr 21, 2004, 03:56 PM
I have both systems
We want to play offline with 4 players on one system

the XBox allready has 4 controllers, so it wil probably become that one.

Selatein
Apr 21, 2004, 08:59 PM
I think that this little team thing is a bit silly, teams can do well together no matter what the classes, if the players are good.....

I play with two other people offline, I use a HUmar, there's a RAmar, and a FOnewm. We didn't pick these particular classes for a reason, in the beginning, but it worked out well.

From the beginning, I knew that I wanted a Force in the team, that was my only requirement. So, we have FOnewm. the FOnewm is good, We just stop in front of a room occasionally to get Shifta and Deband (I think that the whole additional range is a bit silly, it's not a spell that you need to cast on-the-fly).

Now, as for HUmar and RAmar, these guys are good.

The HUmar (me ^_^) is the high ATP guy. Although not as strong as a HUcast, the ATA is nice (with my weapons, I rarely miss), and I don't have to worry about running out of Dimate and Trimate like Androids (that's the only thing I don't like about them), and I use Resta frequently, keeping the rest of my Team Alive, and saving their TP. With my DEF, I don't take a whole lot of damage, and with my HP, I'm also the guy that rarely dies (and I'm also the highest level), so the HUmar exists to Maintain the team with Resta, and to use a Moon Atomizer occassionally. (Also will use Zalure and Jellen, because it's a waste of a Forces time to use it. That, and except for the Ultimate Ruins, It's not needed much, anyhow.)

The RAmar is also Awesome. He's back with a Gun, protecting you by knocking enemies back, and advancing them to their deaths. If the Force is Dead, or just not playing, he also occasionally uses Shifta and Deband. His ATP isn't too bad, he NEVER misses, and when he equips that Baranz Launcher, WATCH OUT. He's Deadly in all situations.

So, Here's the basic rundown:
High ATP/DEF Forward, General Sheild for rest of Team, and "Leader," team HP upkeeper.
Mid ATP High ATA Gunner, Rear Weapon Support, can do anything when need be.
High MST High Damage High Range, High Area of Effect Force, All Around Damage, and support when needed.

Only Problem: Indi Belras. But that's a matter of Skill, and not of Character Faults.

PurplePower1
Apr 21, 2004, 11:09 PM
hey, well i never made a team like you are talking about, but i always make a team with guys i like. mostly power i guess.

Sha_Hua
Apr 22, 2004, 12:39 AM
You are right the team idea is a little bit silly, but the first time I went through the game I found some rare's I couldn't use because of gender?!

Knowing my friends we'll probably end up halfway through ultimate on level 50 (maybe a few levels little higher!?). If we are to try this we need a really good team. We need all tzctical advantages like a strong force and a android ranger for traps.

Also if we find really good rares we wan't to be able to use them. That's why we wanted a male and female character of both human and android type. Although, looking at the replies, it looks like there aren't to much of these rares.

If we are to make this team we should call them KIREEK, ELANOR, SUE and DR OSTO to honor these characters (bad idea, I just woke up)!?

Ketchup345
Apr 22, 2004, 08:33 AM
On 2004-04-21 22:39, Sha_Hua wrote:
Knowing my friends we'll probably end up halfway through ultimate on level 50 (maybe a few levels little higher!?). If we are to try this we need a really good team. We need all tzctical advantages like a strong force and a android ranger for traps.

If we are to make this team we should call them KIREEK, ELANOR, SUE and DR OSTO to honor these characters (bad idea, I just woke up)!?

You can only access Ultimate in multiplayer (or online) if all characters are level 80+. I stand behind my opinion on what characters should be in the team, and what their Mags should be (by the way, all Rati, except for the FOmarl/FOnewearl who gets a Sato/Nidra http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif).

I would go for some good IDs, use those names if they give you good ones for the areas you are going to play most often.

Rain7
Apr 23, 2004, 06:52 AM
On 2004-04-21 13:56, Sha_Hua wrote:
I have both systems
We want to play offline with 4 players on one system

the XBox allready has 4 controllers, so it wil probably become that one.

You will have to subscribe to x-box live to play pso offline on x-box.

KingChaos
Apr 23, 2004, 11:11 AM
hucast
racast
racast
fonewearl

Rainbowlemon
Apr 23, 2004, 01:10 PM
I think Ketchup pretty much said it for me. My main points would be:

1. Don't for the love of god use a power mag on a HUcast! He's already powerful enough! Having the lowest potential accuracy of the hunters, I seriously recommend using an accuracy mag instead of a power mag.

2. Instead of your HUnewearl, use a HUcaseal, with perhaps a power mag. The extra ATA is extremely nice, and with a competant FO in the ranks, there's no need for constant piping for mates, as long as everyone's carrying fluids for the FO.

3. I recommend Fonewearl for your force. 2 x Shifta and Deband range is nice with the 'marl, but Shifta and Deband are almost never as urgently needed as resta and Anti, and with a penetrating Megid, which is vital for Seabed, the FOnewearl is the ideal choice for a party.

That's all I can think of, and it's touching on what Ketchup said, but i felt i would emphasise the points in hope that you may take heed more http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

~ Antimony