PDA

View Full Version : whats the best weapon a HUmar can use?

Caydence
Apr 21, 2004, 03:50 PM
ive been wondering this myself. post ur thoughts.

Cc08
Apr 21, 2004, 03:52 PM
Depends on your playing style and what you like. Obviously a Double Cannon and TJ Sword are always good, but hard to obtain legitly. A good easy to get weapon I love for HUs is the Demolition Comet. I also think Red Handgun is a great weapon for any HU.

Nai_Calus
Apr 21, 2004, 04:17 PM
It depends entirely on the situation and your style of gameplay.

Personally, my HUmar is never without a Red Handgun, a Red Partisan and/or Slicer and a Demolition Comet. Those will cover just about every possible situation.

Eihwaz
Apr 21, 2004, 06:07 PM
On 2004-04-21 14:17, Ian-KunX wrote:
It depends entirely on the situation and your style of gameplay.

Personally, my HUmar is never without a Red Handgun, a Red Partisan and/or Slicer and a Demolition Comet. Those will cover just about every possible situation.

Yes, those are all very good items to have. A good set of Mechs with Hit% are very useful to have, as well.

Dragon_Ash
Apr 21, 2004, 06:15 PM
wll, for my one and only humar i use the following...

red handgun (with 25% hit)

demolition comet

red sword, nicely kills enemies in the caves with a 3 hit combo and s/d from Rati... pwns with god/luck http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
well that's what i use, it works for me so i'm cool with that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

THOMAS_LARS
Apr 22, 2004, 01:54 PM
Well if you like swords probally a chain sawd, if you like twin sabers try a asuka or twin brand or even sange and yasha

Eclypse
Apr 22, 2004, 01:58 PM
DC and TJ are trash, but that aside, I would say to nix the DEMO in place of a METEOR CUDGEL (easy to obtain if you're Whitill), a RED SWORD, and some Arrest Vulcan's with at least 30% Hit. Also if you can come up with a decent 50% Hit Diska and the "iritista" stone, the RAINBOW BATON is the $hit.

Nai_Calus
Apr 22, 2004, 02:02 PM
Actually, Demolition Comet is better, because it lacks Meteor Cudgel's damage variance. The varying damage from MC works out to on average less than that of a Demolition Comet, IIRC. :3

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 22, 2004, 02:17 PM
Meteor Cudgel looks way the hell better, i think DemoComet looks HAPPY with its lil pink crystals and stubby double sided cock shape.

Guntz edit: Lets try to expand our vocabulary shall we?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NiNeTeeN69 on 2004-04-22 12:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guntz348 on 2004-04-23 00:11 ]</font>

Robo47
Apr 22, 2004, 02:43 PM
Whats with the biased comments? Try comparing eachweapon to its own class folks, not anything else.

Also, lets try to not tell people that your personal preferance is better, especially when you're saying Weapon X is stronger than Weapon Z when its the other way around.

-----

Swords: TJ or Srank Sword or Red Sword

Twin Swords: Asuka or S&Y

Twin Saber: Double Cannon, or Demo Comet

Mechs: L&K14 Combats

Handgun: Red Handgun

Slicer: Rainbow Baton, or Flight Cutter

Saber: Delsabers Buster(w/the Sheild) or Red Saber

Cc08
Apr 22, 2004, 04:09 PM
DC and TJ are trashYeah they really do suck http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif They are extremely powerful, and the only reason you are saying that is because everyone online has a duped version. If you obtain one legitly then it is amazing.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 22, 2004, 04:13 PM
DC is not hard to get, its like a piece of cake with redria.

Boothead
Apr 22, 2004, 04:25 PM
Ummm...you cant get Sytencetas with Redria, Nineteen.
Though, still, that Lavis Cannon is still pretty damned hard to get, but, its the best shot at it.
So, the Double Cannon is one of the easier "Super Weapons" to get, but still, its hard.
The Demolition Comet is a nice weapon. Also, the Flowens Sword (Yelloeboze only drop, Ob lily, temple) (I forgot the AUW number...) and the Zanba serve the same purpose as a beserk/spirt sword.
Chainsawds are nice too, if your a skyly, and you find one with some hit.

Solstis
Apr 22, 2004, 04:32 PM
Let me see here...

The COOLEST weapons are the Samba Maracas, plain and simple.

The TJ is nice for plain-out smackage, but in ult, you kinda have to do that 2-hit combo shuffle, which is annoying.

And I've never been hit on by a Demo Comet, but I do hate the looks.

Twin Blaze is pretty fun to use too, though.

And that my friends, is my odd and non-flowy commentary.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 22, 2004, 04:36 PM
On 2004-04-22 14:25, Boothead wrote:
Though, still, that Lavis Cannon is still pretty damned hard to get, but, its the best shot at it.
So, the Double Cannon is one of the easier "Super Weapons" to get, but still, its hard.
The Demolition Comet is a nice weapon. Also, the Flowens Sword (Yelloeboze only drop, Ob lily, temple) (I forgot the AUW number...) and the Zanba serve the same purpose as a beserk/spirt sword.

Ohhh Double Cannon i thought you meant Demo Comet LoL
Cuz Demo Comet is really easy to find with redria i found like 10 +

PJ
Apr 22, 2004, 06:07 PM
Demolition Comet, as Ian said, doesn't have the variable ATP thing.

Also, it has a better special, and if you know how to play a Hunter, you should have enough ATA for it to be effective anyways

And I'm also a looks > performance player...

And Demolition Comet rocks.

Boothead
Apr 22, 2004, 08:02 PM
Opps! Sorry Nineteen! I thought you meant Double Cannon, not Demolotion Comet! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
Hehehhehee, wow, they both have the same initals. Poopy.

DOG21313
Apr 22, 2004, 08:10 PM
So do Photon Drop and Profound Darkness. O.O;

Anyways, if you have a Force on your team, Meteor Cudgel and Red Sword are some good ones to use. My friend was in forest Ult one day, and he could kill enemies in one combo with MC and Shifta, while he couldnt with Lavis Cannon. o.O

Oh, and yes, I know I am comparing two different classes of weapons here. Sue me.

Eclypse
Apr 23, 2004, 04:17 AM
On 2004-04-22 14:09, Cc08 wrote:

DC and TJ are trashYeah they really do suck http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif They are extremely powerful, and the only reason you are saying that is because everyone online has a duped version. If you obtain one legitly then it is amazing.

No I'm saying that because they do suck. I've gotten countless DEMO's to drop legit. As far as the J-SWORD is concerned I have a legit SEALED-J that I found myself and it sits in the bank because A I don't feel like trying to unseal it, and B it misses all the damn time.

As far as the variance of the MC stats, overall it's a better weapon that the DEMO. Of all the DEMO's I've found and the three MC's I've gotten in the last 4 days, none of the DEMO's have higher ATP than the MC's, so I guess it's a matter of opinion.

Eclypse
Apr 23, 2004, 04:20 AM
On 2004-04-22 14:25, Boothead wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the S.Red's drops the Syncesta in the ULT mines for a Redria character.

Hrith
Apr 23, 2004, 11:45 AM
On 2004-04-23 02:20, Eclypse wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the S.Red's drops the Syncesta in the ULT mines for a Redria character.

You're wrong.
what do you think there are guides and a huge database for ?
use them.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 23, 2004, 11:48 AM
That would be Purplenum who finds Syncester from Sinow Red.
But your best chances are with Oran.

Ketchup345
Apr 23, 2004, 11:52 AM
On 2004-04-23 02:17, Eclypse wrote:
As far as the variance of the MC stats, overall it's a better weapon that the DEMO. Of all the DEMO's I've found and the three MC's I've gotten in the last 4 days, none of the DEMO's have higher ATP than the MC's, so I guess it's a matter of opinion.

As Ian said before, the Demo Comet will do more damage on average.

You are only shown the max ATP the weapon adds. The Demo Comet has either a very very small range (or one set ATP), while the Meteor Cudgel has a large variance. Demo Comets will never show a higher ATP in its window, but will do more damage on average because of the limited info the game shows you.

DezoPenguin
Apr 23, 2004, 02:53 PM
Someone really ought to sticky that explanation VulpesMundi did a few weeks back about how variable ATP on weapons:

(a) Is displayed on-screen (that is, it isn't).
(b) Works (ATP value randomly generated from within range with each hit)
(c) Interacts with grinders (grinders add to both ends of the range)
(d) Acquires an "extra" bonus from Shifta (to the top end only)

Eclypse
Apr 23, 2004, 02:58 PM
On 2004-04-23 09:45, Kef wrote:

You're wrong.
use them.

Why is it whenever you respond to something you have to be a dick about it?

Eclypse
Apr 23, 2004, 03:00 PM
On 2004-04-23 09:52, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2004-04-23 02:17, Eclypse wrote:

As Ian said before, the Demo Comet will do more damage on average.

You are only shown the max ATP the weapon adds. The Demo Comet has either a very very small range (or one set ATP), while the Meteor Cudgel has a large variance. Demo Comets will never show a higher ATP in its window, but will do more damage on average because of the limited info the game shows you.

I see well thank you for clearing that up.

I just checked and you're right all of my METEOR CUDGEL's have different ATP and my DEMO's are all the same. I commend you on answering a question decently.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eclypse on 2004-04-24 00:27 ]</font>

heyf00L
Apr 23, 2004, 03:45 PM
Your mind.

Robo47
Apr 23, 2004, 04:21 PM
On 2004-04-23 12:58, Eclypse wrote:

You're wrong.
use them.

heh, you're very funny!

Xero_Silvera
Apr 23, 2004, 04:36 PM

You're wrong.
use them.

Gotta agree there, kef is a major jerk when it comes to answering. But at least he's always right! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

On topic, the best weapon a humar can use is, of course, a Saber +1 (5/0/0/0)..
KILLS FALZ DED
-xero

DeciBal
Apr 24, 2004, 02:16 PM
best weapon...In terms of power...I'd go with the Vjaya, but only it's special kicks butt(and yes, I realize how expensive it is). I wonder why no one ever uses it??

magicmage119
Apr 24, 2004, 02:46 PM
Saber +1

Firocket1690
Apr 24, 2004, 03:29 PM
On 2004-04-24 12:16, DeciBal wrote:
best weapon...In terms of power...I'd go with the Vjaya, but only it's special kicks butt(and yes, I realize how expensive it is). I wonder why no one ever uses it??

"You are wise beyond your post count." someone

Gotta agree there, kef is a major jerk when it comes to answering. But at least he's always right!
>=/
>.<
Shut up.

lain2k3
Apr 24, 2004, 07:35 PM
Eclypse, you dont seem to get it.

The displayed ATP of a weapon will not change, with the exception of grinding it. Meteor cudgel, when in use, will determine a new number with every swing. This new number will be the amount of atp used for that particular swing. 590 attack power added is the absolute maximum that can be used. The average atp per swing is around 460, whereas the Demo comet will use 580 atp for every single swing.

Hrith
Apr 24, 2004, 07:51 PM

You're wrong.
use them.

Because it's tiring to correct people that spread false info, while the correct info is on the site.

If your question is legitimate, I'll answer the best I can.

But asking questions that can be answered in guides is painful, especially since most people will get confused by your remark.

Xero_Silvera
Apr 24, 2004, 09:07 PM
But why cant you throw in a few smilies and fake 'LOL's here and there to make your image less... automated... and more.. friendly? Or no?
-xero
ps: i stick with Saber +1 =

magicmage119
Apr 24, 2004, 09:08 PM

Good plan.

lain2k3
Apr 24, 2004, 09:12 PM
On 2004-04-24 19:07, Xero_Silvera wrote:
But why cant you throw in a few smilies and fake 'LOL's here and there to make your image less... automated... and more.. friendly? Or no?
-xero

He shouldnt have to post things like that in the first place. People should take a look at the rest of the damned site before asking such trivial questions.

Hrith
Apr 24, 2004, 09:43 PM
well I'll try anyway

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Jason
Apr 24, 2004, 09:48 PM
On 2004-04-24 19:08, magicmage119 wrote:

Good plan.

Percent-less Saber +0 (not grinded). Better plan?

White_Knight
Apr 24, 2004, 11:47 PM
I have a better one a wand(0/0/0/0) oh wait they can't use that damn.

Cc08
Apr 25, 2004, 12:09 AM
No I'm saying that because they do suck. I've gotten countless DEMO's to drop legit
DC---> Double Cannon
DC---> Demolition Comet

I was talking about Double Cannon. Should have clarified.

Eclypse
Apr 25, 2004, 01:09 AM
On 2004-04-24 17:35, lain2k3 wrote:

The displayed ATP of a weapon will not change, with the exception of grinding it. Meteor cudgel, when in use, will determine a new number with every swing. This new number will be the amount of atp used for that particular swing. 590 attack power added is the absolute maximum that can be used. The average atp per swing is around 460, whereas the Demo comet will use 580 atp for every single swing.

Well I see what you're saying but, I still prefer the MC to the DC.

iamfanboy
Apr 25, 2004, 02:41 AM
Elysion!

You know, the sword you can only equip when you have 680 MST and has mediocre but looks SO freakin cool??

I personally think it's one of the best looking swords, but then I like that runic look.

lain2k3
Apr 25, 2004, 11:10 AM
On 2004-04-24 23:09, Eclypse wrote:

On 2004-04-24 17:35, lain2k3 wrote:

Well I see what you're saying but, I still prefer the MC to the DC.

Thats fine, just making sure you know the difference.

ShinAsura666
Apr 26, 2004, 08:14 AM
it just depends on how you play
The most powerfuill weapon in the game is the dark flow(its barley stronmger than a TJ sword)
but best weapon in general it say a BKB or double cannon

PatserGOUKI
Apr 26, 2004, 10:33 AM
L&K14 Combats with 100% hit! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PatserGOUKI

Capricornus
Apr 26, 2004, 10:59 AM
It depends indeed on all situations:
1 for highly defensive single enemies (a good double saber or double sword)
1 for melee control (a good sword or partisan)
1 for airborne enemies or distance fight (good handgun or pair of mechs)
A good slicer can come in handy as well.

EndlessNight
Apr 26, 2004, 03:22 PM
To answer the original question, as stated before, there is no "best weapon." It just does not exist. A Tsumikiri J-Sword will always outdamage a Red Partisan, but I can usually end up doing better in a Ruins run than a lot of hack users who decide to come into my games, because unlike a good many of them, I tend to think ahead in combat. But I'm getting off track, forgive me.

For raw power, one should go with a Double Cannon or a Demolition Comet, as stated before. An S-Rank Double Saber or Twin Sword would be a nice item to use as well, but earning one is not a simple matter at all. As far as amount of damage, a Tsumikiri J-Sword will outdamage most weapons with combo damage, however, its lack of a multiple hit only guarantees good damage to all, not extreme damage to one. What I'm trying to say is it all depends on your combat style. I use Twin Swords, Partisans, and Handguns and it does me fine. I can't do better. But a lot of people use Swords, Double Sabers, and Mechguns. What I'm trying to say is find a niche you're comfortable with, and take it as far as you can.

Kusanagi out.

Caydence
Apr 26, 2004, 04:36 PM
great thoughts everyone and an expecially good point by endlessnight. i personally think that a legit double cannon is the Sh**.