PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: Yet To Be Resolved: Chapter 7, The Explosive Cave of

Sord
Apr 21, 2004, 07:18 PM
YO! wazup? yeah... well... any how... I'm sure some of you are thinking "Geez, Sord, why are you doing another fic? You never even finished your other ones!" Well, I never finished them cause I was at either a complete loss, I didn't like it, or it didn't recieve much publicity. For example, an RRF chapter usually only gets made when Ketchup bugs me about it. Well, this is for a school project, and I'm going to need at least 11 chapters any ways. So it won't stop in the middle anytime soon. Also, since this is school, don't expect as much humor as I put in my other ones. I doubt my teacher would appreciate me writing about rappies bombarding the school board with toe nails shot from machineguns or something.

Now at first this might seem like the simple let's write Ep1 fic, well read on as it's not. I have quite a few ideas planned for this.

So without further ado, my newest fic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yet To Be Resolved

Chapter 1, Registration and New Goals

Vaikus walked into the hunter registration building, trying not to show any emotion. It wasn't that hard, he never showed much emotion any ways, and was often silent. He still ran a mental check on himself though. His bright blue on black robe wasn't getting in the way of his feet. His black hair felt done up right with its small ponytail. His blue tinted rectangular glasses were obviously fine as he was looking through them. His skin seemed as pale as ever, any whiter and it probably wouldn't be normal.

One thing stood out above all though. He had a photon rifle slung over his back on a strap, a sort of sash around his waist with two mechguns on either side, and a handgun in the inside of his sleeve, held there by some velcro. It was one of his odder qualities. Vaikus had always loved techniques, but guns as well. So he disciplined himself in both traits, and was competent in both.

He walked up to the registration desk, and just gave his name to the woman standing there. She looked through some stuff on her computer, no doubt data files on Vaikus' training file, police record (which was clean,) and who knows what else.

In the end the woman nodded and replied. "Okay then, you are qualified for registration, and are now registered. Your choices of IDs are Whitill, Oran, Pinkal or Greenil."

Vaikus thought the choices over for a bit. Not only would it effect where he started out, but rumors were flying around it affected what you could find down on Ragol. Someone even figured what gets what supposedly, though everyone is at loss for an explanation as to why it happens.

Vaikus finally chose, "Greenil." The woman absentmindedly slid an ID to Vaikus, not realizing she had pulled out a Purplenum. Vaikus, however, did realize it, and knowing it had a high mechgun drop percentage rate, quickly took it and put it in his pocket before the woman realized it was the wrong color. She then glanced at his clothing and passed him a dark black mag, which immediately placed itself above and behind Vaikus' shoulder.

"You are now ready to see Principle Tyrell, I'm sure you know the way." The woman said. Vaikus nodded and turned around, walking off. He walked out of the building, generally spacing out as usual. Suddenly he felt something crash into his chest and bounce off.

When he finally grasped his surrounding, he saw a girl, or should she be a woman, as neither word is best for an older teenager, and there are no male or female pronouns for teenagers. It finally occurred in the middle of his grammar thinkings that he should help her up.

Vaikus just held his hand out, and the girl/woman took it, using his hold to pull herself up. Now that she was standing up, Vaikus got a good look at her. She was dressed in a Ramarl's basic uniform (the first of the yellow ones released,) had a straight, sort of brownish blonde, shoulder length hair, and had big yellow circular glasses. The oddest part about this was her ears clearly showed she was a newearl. Only her ears were also kind of strange. They pointed up, but the back end was more of a curve then straight. Vaikus guessed that her mother must have been a a newearl of the oval eared variety, and her father a newm.

The girl brushed her self off quickly, before saying "I'm really sorry, and uh, I gotta go," before running into the registration building. Vaikus just made a small shrug and continued to walk into the Principle's Office teleporter. He quickly walked down the isle and stood at Principal Tyrell's desk.

The old man looked at him, a grave and sad look on his weary face. Vaikus felt sorry for him, having lost his only daughter and all. Finally he spoke, "You must be the FOmar Vaikus. Well, as you know, Falz and Olga Flow have both been defeated, thanks to the effort and lives of many people. However, problems still remain on Ragol.

Obviously the monsters that hid in the ruins and laboratories of Gal De Val are gone, as are any monsters related to Falz and Flow, however, the genetic problems Dei Rol Lee has caused are still around, so the animals are vicious. Also, Dei Rol Lee himself just won't seem to die, and keeps infecting and mutating the animals. On top of that, the Mines are still littered with remnants of virus infected machinery, and the dragon colony under the dome is getting out of hand, they are growing to fast to kill. Also, for some reason, the scientists feel they should try to train the griffins of Gal De Val.

These are all very grave problems, and I request that you try to fix them, but seeing as you're actually a mercenary and we're not paying you, it is ultimately your choice. Also, we are assigning you a partner, she's a ranger, and should suit you well... I mean that of course in a work related way." Tyrell added on, after seeing the strange look Vaikus gave him.

Clearing his throat, Tyrell continued, "She's new like you, so you'll both have to help each other out on the field. You can meet tomorrow at 500 beats near the Ragol teleporter. I highly suggest you train some before solving any of the bigger problems I have mentioned. Oh, your partners name is Cihuli by the way, that is all."

Vaikus simply nodded and walked off. Upon exiting the teleporter, he found the girl he had bumped into earlier walking straight towards him. She walked into the teleporter, saying "Hi again," as she walked by and zipped up the teleporter. Once again Vaikus shrugged.

He headed for the shop real quick, and bought some antidotes for his mag. On his many ports home he wondered what he should call it. He finally settled on Cape, as he color reminded him of a black cape. Once home, Vaikus took a bath and ate, before fiddling with guns and then going to bed.

The next day he slept in till near mid-day, then got dressed for a day on Ragol and headed off to the local teleporter. After several more teleportation jumps he found himself in the market and hunter guild area he wanted to be. Over near the Ragol teleporter stood the same girl he had bumped into the other day. He walked up to her, and simply said, "So you must be Cihuli."

Lacking as to what to say when someone walks up to you and states your name, the girl just said, "Yes, and I suppose you are Vaikus." Vaikus just nodded and headed into the teleporter, Cihuli followed him, and they both piped down to the Ragolian surface.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes, I know it's kind of a lame start, but battles are coming up next. And since they are noobs, just think of all the problems they can get in http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2004-05-16 20:34 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2004-05-20 19:36 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2004-05-21 15:12 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Apr 22, 2004, 06:21 PM
Whoa, pretty nice stuff, Sord. Lucky Vaikus, getting Purplenum over Greenil.

RAnewearl, eh? Newman hybrids are quite popular in fanfics today, huh?

Very good work, looking foward to the hopefully more action-packed Chapter 2! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sord
May 13, 2004, 10:35 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2004-05-13 18:41 ]</font>

Sagasu
May 13, 2004, 10:40 AM
Awesomeness http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Please continue! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sord
May 13, 2004, 08:41 PM
Chapter 2 is finished. Annnnd, I have to at least get 11 chapters out by some time next week. Darn you school projects!!!
-----------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2 Newb Suffrage

Vaikus and Cihuli stepped out of the teleporter. Around them were lush trees and grass, and a stream could be heard not to far. Looking around, the two realized they were in the park area near the Central Dome. Of course, there were no people playing in this park, as a giant explosion had killed everyone on the surface of the planet when it happened.

Normally monsters would be about, but most of them had retreated deeper into the woods. Vaikus and Cihuli quickly walked out of the park and into the forest. They continued to trek on, nothing of any interest going on. Cihuli began to get agitated by the shear amount if boredom.
"Argh! Where are all the-" Suddenly a claw swiped out from behind Vaikus and Cihuli, knocking them both sideways onto the ground. Vaikus landed on his back, but his ribs hurt the worst since he had taken the blow. He ignored the pain and immediately pulled out his mechguns, opening fire at the brown booma.

Cihuli was knocked against a tree and was dazed. Quickly things cleared up for her and she saw the once attacking booma being pelted by photon bullets, roaring in rage. She pulled out a handgun and was about to pull the trigger when a gobooma shot out from some trees and rammed her sprawling onto the ground.

Cihuli cursed and opened fire on the gobooma that had hit her. She pulled the trigger as fast as she could. The gobooma took the hits straight on, most of them only leaving a light burn mark. The gobooma managed to come within a foot of her when suddenly a photon bullet went into it's eye, frying the brain as well.

Cihuli looked to see who fired the shot. She quickly spotted Vaikus, holding his rifle to his side. Then she realized he wasn't the only one there, another gobooma was heading straight for him from behind. "Behind you!" Cihuli cried urgently.

Vaikus' eyes widened and he quickly turned around. By the time he had his rifle up and his finger on the trigger, it was to late. The gobooma smashed him in the ribs, the same spot the last one had. To top it off, Vaikus managed to land on his shoulder, but he fell on a rock. He had a deep gash in his shoulder, and it hurt just to move his arm.

The gobooma was quickly upon him. It raised it's claw to bring a finishing blow to Vaikus. Cihuli quickly raised his gun and fired. She meant to hit the gobooma in the eye, but instead the bullet hit it's nose. The monster screamed in rage and instead of killing Vaikus, began to cradle it's burnt nose.

Suddenly it began to let out suppressed roars, shaking it's head. Cihuli realized it was sneezing, and began to shoot the monster with more bullets. Soon it's head had been shot plenty of times, and it fell to the ground, dead. Cihuli quickly looked around to see if any more boomas or goboomas were around.

After seeing none she quickly ran over to Vaikus. After looking at his shoulder, she unzipped a pocket in her pants and pulled out a small green cube. She put her fingernail in a small slit on the cube's casing. It quickly morphed into a clear tube of white cream. She spread the cream on Vaikus wound, while he just sat there gritting his teeth. She watched as his skin began to heal, the very tissues regrowing and connecting.

The wound sealed, and Vaikus bled no more. Still he felt weak, his robe was covered in blood on it's right side and he was paler than usual. On top of that, the cream, or monomate as it was called, could only heal the damage on the surface. Vaikus guessed that at least his muscle had been cut, if not the bone.

Cihuli stepped away and Vaikus stood up. Immediately things began to blur and black out. He began to fall, but Cihuli managed to catch him. Vaikus stayed still under Cihuli's support, and gradually things began to straighten out.

Cihuli moved Vaikus' arm so it was around her shoulders. With Vaikus leaning on her, the two made their way slowly back to the teleporter.

Once back on ship, the two guards by the teleporter entrance saw Vaikus and quickly rushed to him. "Excuse me miss, but you might want to take that man to the medical facility." One of the guards said.

"No, you think!" Cihuli said in a blatant, sarcastic tone. The guard just sort of moved his head back a bit in offense, but offered help anyways.

"Would you like me to help you carry him?"

"No thank you, I'll do it myself." Cihuli said flatly. "Who was this guy?" She thought, "Of course I knew I should take Vaikus to the medical facility. Who did he think I was, some kind of newb?!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe a http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif is in order

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2004-05-13 18:42 ]</font>

Sord
May 13, 2004, 09:04 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2004-05-16 10:31 ]</font>

Sord
May 16, 2004, 12:31 PM
Chapter 3, And Then Their Were Three

Vaikus slowly opened his eyes, closed them again from the brightness, then opened his eyes and let them adjust. "Why do hospitals have to be white?" He thought, somewhat annoyed. Soon he could see, but all he saw was a roof. Sitting up he looked around the room. He spotted a needle in his arm that was attached to an empty blood bag.

Vaikus realized that his skin was more flushed now. He smiled, then thought, "Glad I was barely conscious when they put this needle in me. Ugh, I hate the pain of needles." He spotted Cihuli on his left, snoozing in a chair.

He reached over and shook Cihuli's shoulder. She mumbled something but then woke up. "Yes, what is it?" She asked, annoyed, then she realized it was Vaikus who woke her. "Oh, it's you. I see your back to health. How's your shoulder?"

Vaikus just moved his arm around and pushed on his shoulder in response.

"I see your fine. Tell me, do you ever talk?" Cihuli asked. She had never head him speak before now that she thought about it. Vaikus just nodded his head before trying to remove the needle from his arm. He quickly did so and hung the tubing on its stand.

Vaikus pushed himself off the bed, bracing himself for a blackout, but none came. He relaxed and motioned for Cihuli to come with him to leave. The two stopped in the lounge, paid the ten meseta for the healing, and left.

Once the two were outside, Cihuli turned to Vaikus and asked, "So, do I get a thank you or not?" Vaikus looked Cihuli straight in the eyes and replied, "Yes, I owe you. I humbly thank you," In a sincere tone, before beginning to walk off.

Cihuli stood where she was. She hadn't expected Vaikus to say any thing. On top of that, she hadn't expected his voice to be so smooth. If anything she figured it would be scratchy from not being used.

She quickly came to her senses and caught up with Vaikus. "Um, what do you think we should do now Vaikus? We can barely even beat a bunch of booma forms."

"Eat, then request another member." Vaikus replied, in a unemotional tone. "Okay, you want to get a burger or something?" Cihuli asked. Vaikus nodded and they both headed into a burger joint that Vaikus had been heading to from the start.

Vaikus walked up to the counter, where the cashier, a gruff man that looked to be in his thirties, asked if he would like he usual. Vaikus simply nodded, to which the man simply mumbled "One bacon cheeseburger coming up," and then in a louder voice, "And what would you like, miss?"

Cihuli glanced over the menu, then just decided to settle for a normal burger. The man nodded and gave them their receipt, Vaikus paid, and they went to the table to wait. Naturally, Vaikus said nothing, and Cihuli found the silence awkward as most people would, but ignored it.

Soon their order was called, Vaikus went to the counter a brought the tray back to the table. They both ate, Vaikus in a sort of slow manner, while Cihuli ravenously ate her burger. Soon the two finished and they headed off toward Principle Tyrell's office.

"After piping into the room and walking up to Tyrell's desk, the Principle spoke, "Ah, Vaikus, Cihuli, I heard about your incident yesterday. Hope you're all right. I suppose you'll want another member. I went ahead and found one for you. His name is Terence, he's a sword veteran going back about, oh, maybe ten years. He's had plenty of experience on the field, and should be of great help.

Ah, here he is now. Cihuli and Vaikus turned around to see a tall, broad shoulder man being piped into the office. He was dark skinned, and his hair was a rich dark orange, almost red. He wore the 16th armor for Humars released, a white top portion and red leggings. When he came closer Cihuli and Vaikus saw a scar that went across his right eye, leaving the eye itself blank. He also had a long braided ponytail, ending just below his shoulder blades. His overall effect was rather intimidating.

"So, you must be the two young ruffians who got smashed out in the field yesterday, though I'm not surprised. I don't think I've ever seen a Fomar with so many guns, as well as a newearl gunwoman. Eh well, a bit of training will do you two good." Terence said in a deep, almost knightly voice.

"Well, Vaikus, Cihuli, meet Terence. You'll soon fine that he has a liking for medieval times and their stories, despite that was thousands upon thousands of years ago. It's rather evident in his dialogue, isn't it Terence?"

"Aye, that it would be, king." Terence said, smirking. Tyrell had to restrain from chuckling, but he was somewhat used to this by now. He had never considered himself a king, he was merely just the head of the ship's army and a high-up political figure, he didn't really rule anyone.

"Well, why don't you three go off and train, heaven knows you'll need it. I'm afraid to say it, but even in the older days a beginner could often beat a herd of booma's easily. Though I suppose their genes have been mutated all the more for brute strength and range. We'll have to get rid of Dei Rol Lee some how. Any ways, you three may go now." And at saying that, Tyrell looked back at his pile of papers needing to be reviewed, grumbling something about food supplies and water.

The three turned and walked to the teleporter, piping out of the office. When they had both stepped out, Terence decided to speak. "Well, off to Ragol we go. You two ruffians need training, and now that the park area is clean of monsters, that's the perfect place for you to practice."

odie2088
May 16, 2004, 12:53 PM
cooooooool, i like this story...please dont kill it!

Sord
May 16, 2004, 07:53 PM
Now for chapter 4! and later on, Chapter 5! and I have to get to at least chapter 11 by Wednsday! I hate school -_- and Odie, for once I have created a story that I really do like, and I doubt I will kill it. Let's just hope I don't lose points for gruesomness on my final paper.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 4, Revolution

So the weeks went bye, and day after day, Terence pushed Vaikus and Cihuli to their limits. He would make them run laps, even obstacle courses he would set up from time to time, and of course practice with weapons and techniques. However, whatever he asked of the two, he did himself, so as not to dishonor himself and sound like some demanding idiot who couldn't do anything himself.

At the end of a month, their skills had greatly improved. The only thing left was to test them in combat. The three went out into the woods, and before long they began to hear noises they had learned to listen for. Cihuli and Vaikus immediately went back to back and began shooting between certain trees.

Several roars were heard, followed by thumps as heavy booma bodies hit the floor. Cihuli and Vaikus each checked the spots they had fired in, and found that in each one they had slain a booma. They quickly searched the monsters stomachs, getting items that the monsters had swallowed. It always seemed that they had exactly one and one item (in it's compact cube form) only in them, as if they ate it once and didn't like it, so they never ate anything like it again.

Terence began to clap his hands and spoke, "Well well, it looks like you two are no longer ruffians, but full fledged archers. Now let's see if you can fight a dragon though, granted, we might fight more than one giving their speedy breeding, causing large numbers. After all, it's our jobs as noble fighters, and it's not like they are part of the natural ecosystem. Actually, their existence makes things worse and throws the food chain out of whack. They need to be destroyed at all cost, no matter how gruesome or unmerciful it may seem." Vaikus simply nodded, understanding perfectly, as did Cihuli.

Together they headed out through the forest and to the park, where they quickly found a teleporter to another section of a park, and from their to yet another teleporter that would lead them inside the Dome. After Falz, an evil entity and monster, had destroyed everyone on the planet, Dragons showed up and after hollowing out the dome, began to live there and in the caves below.

They all looked at each other, and then stepped into the giant red teleporter that would take them inside the dragons' lair. As soon as they entered, they saw two dragons, staring at them and waiting for their next meal. Terence immediately charged one, yelling advice to his comrades. "You two take the other one! Make sure to hit its ankles, it's armor is soft there, and you can manage to knock the dragon down for a bit! When it does, go for it's head!" And then began to hack at a dragon's ankle with his giant red sword.

Cihuli and Vaikus took Terence's advice and charged the other dragon, pumping mechgun bullets into its left angle from a distance and continuing to do so once up close. They had to move around a lot, as the dragon kept trying to kick them or stomp on them. Eventually the dragon let out a roar and fell to the ground. Vaikus and Cihuli immediately went to the dragons head, and after shooting it's eye's and tongue, began to just shoot its head anywhere.
The dragon roared and got up, and then with a heave of it's wings took off into the air. The dragon that Terence had been attacking did the same, and Vaikus and Cihuli now saw that Terence's dragons had severe scars all over its face.

Suddenly one dragon let out a roar and dived into the ground, and began tunneling around trying to hit anyone it could, while they other one stood aloft and shot fireballs, three at a time, at whoever it could taste with it's tongue, like a snake.

Cihuli and Vaikus had to run around and many directions to avoid being hit by either dragon, while still trying to shoot the flying dragon's wings. Eventually the flying dragon's wings tore, and it fell to the ground with a large thump. Upon feeling it's sibling's impact, the other dragon dug up out of the ground.

Both dragons let out streams of fire, and they managed to burn everyone accept Terence, though not so severe it couldn't be healed by a Rest. The two dragons stop breathing fire and began to charge their enemies, and once again Terence attacked one and Vaikus and Cihuli attacked the other.

Both dragons were weaker now, and fell quickly from the blows to their ankles. After a few more shots and slashes to the heads, both dragons simply gave in and died. The three comrades regrouped, and all gave congratulations accept Vaikus. He had a severe look of distaste on his face.

Cihuli was the first to realize it. She immediately asked what was wrong. For the first time anyone had ever heard, Vaikus let out a rather long speech. "I don't like this. These animals were doing what their instincts told them, they weren't even genetically mutated. Also, your wrong Terence, they aren't screwing up the food chain. The citizens of Pioneer 1 screwed it up when they dug below the surface, and further and further then they should have ever. This planet was just fine with the dragons sealed in the caves, we were the one's that unsealed them, we screwed up the food chain.

On top of that, it was that biological weapon scientist who created Dei Rol Lee in the first place. If it wasn't for him, we would never even have to deal with fighting these creatures. Don't forget that it was him who drove the military to dig below the surface and unleash Falz, and then after all but one of them was killed, turned that one person into a monster mixed in with a computer to create Olga Flow.

None of these animals are at fault here, we are. From now on I say we try to destroy Dei Rol Lee, and then reseal the caves with the dragons in them, they'll kill off the rest of the mutations down there. The animals on the surface will fix themselves with the next generation, and they will be friendly again, as it has already been shown. I dislike the mines as well, but I'm not sure what we can do about that."

Cihuli just stood, her mouth hanging open, and Terence stood there, rather amused. "All right, I get where your going, and now that I see it like that, it does perfect since. I don't know why I didn't see it that way before, I guess it's just in our nature to not want to face our mistakes. Any ways, how do you plan to kill Dei Rol Lee? We would have to incinerate it down to at least a cellular level to where it can't support itself and reevolve. I guess we could just use explosives to cave in the entrance to the caves. So the dragon problem is settled, but once again, how do we kill Dei Rol Lee for good?"

"Well, obviously Dei Rol Lee has a way to the surface somehow, otherwise he couldn't eject the surface animals with his mutations. All we need to do is find that hole, and when he comes up, we'll burn him to cinders." Terence replied flatly.

"Burn him with what though?" Terence asked, a thinking expression on his face.

"We can use napalm, or if that seems to drastic, we could use the rocket fuel on Pioneer 2. All we ever do is orbit, and now we've adapted the engines to use photon energy, so all that fuel is just sitting there being wasted. Another approach is to simply destroy the entire mines, caving in Dei Rol Lee in the sewer system to starve to death. Or we could drain the sewer system and fill it with the rocket fuel, and then light it, though that would probably cause the entire mines to collapse any ways, but I think we should do something."

Terence nodded, and then just said, "Now all we have to do is convince Tyrell. I'm sure he'll be all for it, but it's the Labs who won't like it, I guess we'll just have to find out." With that, the three left the two dead dragons to be eaten by their kin and used a nearby teleporter to pipe back up to Ragol.

It was decided that Terence should present the plans to Tyrell, since not only was he a veteran, but he had a friendly relationship with the man. That left Cihuli and Vaikus to go home, and they did so, each taking baths to get the large amounts of grime and dragon blood off them before eating and taking a well needed nap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2004-05-16 18:57 ]</font>

Sord
May 16, 2004, 08:58 PM
Up to now, one thing has been missing, love. So without further ado, chapter 5
-------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5, Date

Vaikus looked at himself in the mirror, trying to see if anything was out of place. He wore a black colored shirt with black pants, and tried to make himself carry an air of dignity, but then gave it up, it wasn't his style. See, over the time that he had known Cihuli (only about two months now) he had began to grow a fond likeness to Cihuli, though he never showed it. The previous night he had called her up and immediately asked Cihuli if she would like to go out for dinner with him.

At first she seemed surprised, but then rather delighted, and quickly agreed. After which they decided the time, 700 beats, and the restaurant. Cihuli had said she had always wanted to go to a certain steak joint, by the name of Sir Ecneret's Pub, and Vaikus gladly agreed to take her there.

Now his mind was racing with a hundreds thought, the biggest one being what to say. Until a few days ago he had said little if anything. In order to be with Cihuli, he would have to talk more. Then he remembered that women liked to talk a lot, and hoped this would save him, but doubted it in the end.

Eventually he left, and getting in his standard hover ship, drove through the streets of Pioneer 2 to Cihuli's house. He eventually found it, and pulled in to the drive way. He went to the door and knocked rather softly, but it was opened none the less.

Their stood Cihuli. She wore a dark violet skirt and a dark blue button up shirt. He hair seemed to be braided with more attention to detail, and her lips and face clearly had make up on. The over all effect left Vaikus rather stunned. Cihuli smirked, and reading the look on Vaikus' face, said, "Normally I would think you weren't going to say anything, but something tell me you simply just don't know what to say this time around."

Vaikus just nodded, and Cihuli let out a giggle. The two walked to the car, Cihuli latched to Vaikus arm, giggling as he blushed a bit. It was rather obvious he had never dated before. They got in and drove off, and before long they were at the restaurant. They walked in, and suddenly heard a familiar voice. "Vaikus, Cihuli, what are you two doing here?" Terence said from behind a bar counter.

Cihuli and Vaikus just stared at Terence, who now wore brown clothes with a red apron, hardly intimidating in the least. Finally Vaikus decided to speak, he would have to start some time. "I asked Cihuli out, and we decided to come here. Now what are you doing here?" Vaikus asked.

"Couldn't you tell from the name of the place? Ecneret is Terence spelled backwards, not to mention the terms 'sir' and 'pub' were used in medieval times. My wife owns the joint, and I help out when I'm not on Ragol." By now the two had taken a seat at the bar in front of Terence.

"So, what would you two love birds like? We have the best steak in all of Pioneer 2." Terence asked jovially. Both Vaikus and Cihuli blushed at the term "love birds" and nodded their heads. Terence just laughed and went back into the kitchen.

"So," Vaikus began, "why did you choose guns over techniques?"

"Well, I sort of got it from my older brother. He always liked the way guns looked, but never used them. He ended up becoming a Fonewm, but then resigned and now works as a teacher at a school for raising Forces. He had gotten me interested in guns when I was younger, and I decided to learn how to use them over my own magical talents. How about you?" Cihuli casually replied.

"Well, I'm not really sure. The idea of being able to wield magic was always appealing to me, but I didn't like the various melee weapons Forces use. So I considered myself a Force so that later on I could access the stronger classes of magic, and decided to use weapons that only Rangers would typically use."

And thus the conversation began. Most of the date was talking about guns, but it eventually shifted into other things, with usual topics such as music, movies, clothes, etc. They found they had a lot in common, and the conversation flowed smoothly through dinner.

Vaikus asked Terence how much he owed, and he just said it was on the house. Vaikus just shrugged and left a generous tip, before walking out with Cihuli. They got in the car and drove back to Cihuli's house.

"Do you have to go right now? Why don't you come in and watch a movie?" Cihuli offered Vaikus. He just nodded, and they went in. Vaikus looked around the house, it was rather neat, and had lots of white. They headed into the living room, were Cihuli selected a movie on a console and the two sat next to each other on the couch.

The movie was a comedy. I was rather good, even managing to make Vaikus laugh. It was about some bumbling person who kept doing things on accident, but it always wound up doing some great thing. Then the W.O.R.K.S. asked him to go undercover in a mission and hilarity ensued.

It was rather late by the time the movie was over, and the two headed for the door. Vaikus stopped and turned around, looking Cihuli in the eyes. Cihuli stood up on her toes, and Vaikus moved down a bit and tenderly kissed Cihuli, holding it for a bit before pulling away. When he did, he saw Cihuli's eyes had a sparkle in him, and Cihuli saw that his sparkled as well. Vaikus then said he hoped they could do something like this again before leaving.

Robo47
May 16, 2004, 09:28 PM
Dude slow down! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Your work is good but you don't need to swamp the stragglers!

Sagasu
May 16, 2004, 10:00 PM
*feels like a slow old man*

Woah, where did three chapters spring up from? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nice, though I did notice some occasional grammar misuse, still pretty good http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sarunakai on 2004-05-16 20:01 ]</font>

Sord
May 16, 2004, 10:33 PM
The reason I'm moveing so fast is because it's for school, and 11 chapters are due on wednsday. Also, I would much appreciate it if you could point out ANY AND ALL grammar mistakes you find, as the more I have, the lower my grade.

No, on to my final chapter for tonight.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6, The Death of The Most Annoying Worm Ever Created

A few weeks went bye, the trio sometimes going down to the surface to slay any raging monsters, and eventually into the caves. Wherever they went things were pretty easy, Vaikus and Cihuli would shoot whatever creatures were in the cavern or area and Terence would kill off any that got to close.

On the off days, Cihuli and Vaikus often spent their time together, going to various places, and checking up on Terence in his wife's restaurant from time to time. They even met her once, her name was Janice, but Terence always called her Guinevere and she always called him Arthur. They were a nice couple, Terence with his intimidating looks (unless he was wearing an apron) and Janice with her soft caring, face.

One day Cihuli and Vaikus were walking through a park, when their BEE link wristbands vibrated. They both saw that the messages were from Terence, and both were the same. Tyrell had agreed to assign a task force to drain the sewers and flood it with rocket fuel before lighting it. Tyrell wanted to see all three of them in his office as soon as possible.

Cihuli and Vaikus took the necessary teleport jumps to Principle Tyrell's office, and met with Terence their. Together they walked up to Tyrell's desk.

"Ah, all three of you are finally here. As Terence has BEEed you, I have managed to pull some strings to get the rocket fuel and squadron needed. However, you three must go as well, should Dei Rol Lee attack at any given time, which he no doubt will, you are to fight him off while the sewer is being drained. Judging from reviews of previous fights, when he touches ground he won't be able to move to well, not much better then a caterpillar stripped of it's legs. Remember though that he still has his tentacles and can shoot explosives of a sort.

When the rocket fuel is then put in the sewer, he may be able to swim in that, which means you still need to be ready to fight. We'll have a teleporter near where the fuel is being put into the sewers. A man will have a bomb set for one minute, long enough for everyone to pipe out of the place before it goes up in flames. I sincerely hope you are there when it's time to go, we don't know if the mines will collapse, it all depends on the piping system putting enough pressure on the fuel that it will explode or just burn. Either way, Dei Rol Lee will die.

You are expected to meet with squadron leader Von at 400 beats tomorrow. We will begin shipping the fuel to the caves for now, that's easy enough we to do on our own, it's while we are draining and filling the sewers that you will have to be there. That is all.

The three left, anxious about this news. They all had mixed feelings of fear, anxiousness, and some accomplishment. They discussed the matter for a bit, then Cihuli and Vaikus broke off from Terence to go spend more time with each other.

The next day all three got up early and headed for the Pioneer 2-Ragol teleporter. There was a large group of people moving in and out of the telporters. People who went in where carting gigantic cargoes of rocket fuel, and those coming out where getting more.

A man walked up to them and saluted. "You three must be Vaikus, Cihuli, and Terence. I am general Von, and will be leading this squadron. I hope you are willing to do you part, since there is no way to seal the sewers while it's being drained. The teleporter is set to send you to a raft, where no doubt Dei Rol Lee will attack you. You are to fight him off, scare him away if possible. You'll notice the sewer rapidly draining, it shouldn't take but 2 minutes given the advanced plumbing system.

The real challenge is while we are filling it up, which will take five minutes. Also, you'll need to set your photons on your weapons to a lower power level, less you want to light the rocket fuel while you're in it. You'll be buzzed on your BEE link when it's time to go, you can then use a telepipe to come back here. Now off you go." At that Von went to the teleporter, punched some coordinates into a computer, and told the three it was ready to go.

Vaikus, Cihuli, and Terence all set their weapons and stepped into the teleporter, and shortly found themselves on a raft floating along a river of sewage. Just as they spread out on the raft, a high pitch roar sounded and the armored worm raised it's head out of the water. Vaikus and Cihuli immediately opened fire on it's head.

The hideous thing retaliated by shooting beams of purple photons out at the three, but it was easy enough to dodge. It receded back into the water, being unsuccessful, and began to swim alongside the raft. It shot individual photon bullets out of its armor, hitting the three fighters. They quickly used Resta to heal themselves of their wounds and Vaikus and Cihuli continued firing. Suddenly a large clanking of metal could be heard, and the sewage began to plummet.

In confusion, Dei Rol Lee stopped in mid preparation for another onslaught of bullets. Suddenly it began to seem to have to put more effort into swimming, as it was dragging itself along the ground now. A few more seconds and the sewer was drained, and Dei Rol Lee was stuck on it's stomach. It immediately shot out tentacles, trying to hit any of the three fighters.

Terence dodged and twirled past the tentacles, and began to deliver blow after blow with his sword to the giant worm's armored head. Vaikus and Cihuli tried to dodge the appendages, while shooting at their base to try and disconnect them.

Soon the three noticed that the sewer was filling up again, but they kept at it. Terence kept swinging blow after blow, when it made a crack in the head piece of the armor. He focused on it until the entire head piece shattered. Underneath was the true worm, a sickly mass of convulsing veins and muscles, with a giant eye and a circular mouth rimmed with rows of teeth.

Terence didn't stop though, and he continued to hack away at the worm. Large gashes appeared that spilled over with blood, and the thing let out screams of pain and rage. By now the fuel was up to Cihuli's waist, and they all got back on the raft. Only a few tentacles remained, and Vaikus and Cihuli quickly shot them off.
Dei Rol Lee wasn't done yet, he began to throw out large needle with spike from his armor. If they weren't destroyed in time they would explode, damaging whoever was nearby critically. All three comrades began to hack and slash, destroying the nearest ones and letting the one to far away to do damage explode.

They continued doing this until Dei Rol Lee could finally start swimming again. It began to jump out of the water and let out onslaughts off bullets. The three managed to dodge the majority of them, and healed themselves whenever they could. All their TP was draining, their source of the magic.

Then all three of them got a buzz on their watches, at the same time, Dei Rol Lee shot twenty explosive needles onto the raft, set to go off very soon. Vaikus quickly pulled out a cube and activated it, causing a ring of light to appear. All three friends jumped in, teleporting out just in time before the raft exploded into hundreds of pieces.

The three came out onto Pioneer 2, gasping for breath. Von was waiting there for them, and offered them a congratulations. They then went to a window where they could see the surface of Ragol, if anything collapsed, they would be able to see it. The only thing that occurred was a giant fire ball shooting up out of the ground of the planet. Apparently that's where Dei Rol Lee had access to the surface.

"Well done," Von said, then walked off to the teleporter to Principal Tyrell's office. Terence eventually spoke up, "Well, that's one thing we've done right now. I'm worn out, see you two love birds some other time," and he to walked off, to find the teleporter home. Cihuli and Vaikus just went to Cihuli's house and watched a movie, falling asleep against each other in a rather worn out state.

Sord
May 19, 2004, 07:17 PM
This is just other stuff, a glossary and beggining story. It all counts as three chapters, so I still have a remaining two. Maybe I can finsish it with those last two. Not sure if I will or won't.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

GlossaryRace and Class

Human- homosapiens, are able to use techniques
Newman- genetically altered homosapien (looks differ depending on class), are able to use techniques and gain TP over time
Android- robot with independent AI and humanoid figure (looks differ depending on class), cannot use techniques, can regenerate damaged parts over time

HUmar- A male human who normally uses weapons of sword, dagger, saber, claws, and slicer variety
HUnewearl- A female newman who normally uses weapons of sword, dagger, saber, claws, and slicer variety
HUcast- An android (male model) that normally uses weapons of sword, dagger, saber, claws, and slicer variety
HUcaseal- An android (female model) that normally uses weapons of sword, dagger, saber, claws, and slicer variety

RAmar- A male human who normally uses handguns, mechguns, rifles, cannons, and shots
RAmarl- A female human who normally uses handguns, mechguns, rifles, cannons, and shots
RAcast- An android (male model) that normally uses handguns, mechguns, rifles, cannons, and shots
RAcaseal- An android (female model) that normally uses handguns, mechguns, rifles, cannons, and shots

FOmar- A male human who normally uses techniques, rods, and canes
FOmarl- A female human who normally uses techniques, rods, and canes
FOnewm- A male newman who normally uses techniques, rods, and canes
FOnewearl- A female newman who normally uses techniques, rods, and canes

Techniques

Techniques- Similar to magic, only it's all computerized. In order to use a technique you must have a disk with the information for that move on it. Certain moves have up to thirty levels of strength making them attack or heal people or enemies in a wider range and with more strength

Foie- Shoots fireball at one enemy
Gifoie- A fireball encircles the user for a time
Rafoie- A large fireball explodes

Barta- Sends a wave of ice along the ground, can hit multiple enemies in a line
Gibarta- Same as Barta, only bigger and stronger, can also freeze enemy
Rabarta- Same as Gibarta, but in all directions
Zonde- A lightning strike a target
Gizonde- A lightning strikes a target and reaches over and hits nearby enemies as well
Razonde- You emit lightning hitting all enemies within a good distance

Resta- Heals a person, but can heal multiple people once at a higher level
Anti- Gets rid of any ill effects, poison, paralysis, etc.
Reverser- Can revive a recently killed person

Shifta- Increases your attack power
Deband- Increases your defense power
Jellen- Weaken an enemy's attack power
Zalure- Weaken an enemy's defense power

Ryuker- Teleports you back to Pioneer 2

Grants- Extremely powerful ball of light that can do a lot of damage
Megid- A ball of purple energy that can kill instantly

Items

Monomate- healing creme (1st degree wounds)
Dimate- stronger healing creme (2nd degree wounds or less)
Trimate- strongest healing creme (3rd degree wounds or less)

Sol Atomizer- Drinking fluid that rids of all ill effect such as poison, paralysis, etc.
Moon Atomizer- Similar to a tazer, will shock heart and lungs back into movement
Star Atomizer- Heals all ill effects and 3rd degree wounds or less

Explanations

Why do items go from colored cubes to their actual forms?
Items are turned into cubes and vice versa as a better means of carrying them around. The cubes are roughly 1 inch in all dimensions. To turn a cube into an item, you must insert a fingernail in a slit in one of the edges of the cube. Certain items (any that are green when in cube form) cannot be changed back into a cube, since they can only be used once anyway.

Why are item cubes colored?
It's a categorization system. Red cubes are rare weapons and armor, orange cubes are weapons, blue cubes are armor, and green cubes are one use only helpful items that vary from item to item.

Why does your ID effect the items you find?
There is no real solid explanation for this, it is simply known that it happens.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In The Beginning 1

The people of Coral are losing their planet, which is beginning to burn out from existing so long. They started a project called "Pioneer" to find a new planet that was habitable, and they did so. A ship was made, called Pioneer 1. It contained most of the military, government, and scientific personnel of Coral.

It reached the planet they had found, and name it Ragol. It had an unusual amount of photon energy coming from within the planet, and began to dig through the crust after they had finished building the Dome, their new home, and the park around it. However, only people of high rank, or who worked in the project, knew about the digging, some didn't even know why they were digging.

They still had not reached it, and set up an underground lab under the command of Dr. Osto Hyle. He begins several experiments, creating a series of AI's, and a monster. The AI's are called Olga, Callus, and Vol Opt, and each help run the lab and make sure the other doesn't gain to much power. The monster was made as a weapon, made by adding all the best genes of the animals of Ragol. The result was a constantly evolving monster.

The monster soon became violent and escaped into the lab's sewers. The scientist and government then chose to ignore it and pretended it never existed while it began to mutate other monsters on the planet's surface and in underground caves. Any monster that was infected became violent, and began to mutate over time. Surface dwelling animals would move to the caves when they changed physically.

Mean while digging continued, and a large ship was found. They searched the ship, and soon found an evil entity locked away. When it was released it possessed a girl by the name of Red Ring Rico, and mutated her body into a monster. It then killed off anyone near and formed an army by mutating the bodies. A few people escaped, and gave it a name, Falz.

Soon Falz even hacked into the lab and sent a virus through it's system, turning any kind of machine violent. Dr. Osto took a remaining AI that hadn't been infected, and went off to an island by the name of Gal Da Val and built an underground facility on the seabed. He then continued his research there.

Falz unleashed a torrent of monsters against anyone who came to his layer. In retaliation, a full scale assault was launched against Falz. Falz slaughtered all but one man. The man had tried to get away, and managed to do so, save for several cuts. He found the wounds never healed, and altered his state of mind.

This man traveled to Gal Da Val island, and gave himself up to Dr. Osto for experimentation, knowing that his name, Heathcliff Flowen, would from then on be erased from all records. Dr. Osto began a series of twisted experiments on him, and eventually deemed Flowen useless. He threw him into a deep tunnel where all failed experiments went.

There, his D-cells, a cell unique only to Falz and his diminuens, had began to mutate and attach to whatever was in the waste. Among it was a robot with an Olga AI in it, another object was a large sword, which became it's arm. Together all things merged, and it began to call itself Olga Flow. Over the years, it gathered any useful components it could gather, both biological and technical, that were thrown into the waste pit.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Beginning 2

Seven years after Pioneer 1 landed, Pioneer 2 arrived. It carried the rest of the civilization from Coral. Upon making contact with the Dome, a huge explosion of blue energy from within the dome went off. It covered a vast portion of Ragol, also hitting the island, Gal Da Val.

Alarmed, mercenaries, called either Hunters, Forces, or Rangers, were sent down to investigate. They found no evidence of bodies, the animals violent, despite computer logs saying they were friendly, and the dome was hollowed out, complete with a dragon. They managed to kill the dragon, then went on through a tunnel downward. They found themselves in a deep cave with lava encrusted walls, and even a few magma pools here and there. They also had to fight off an abundance of mutated monsters.

They managed to get through the caves, the environment changing rapidly to a more technological atmosphere as they progressed. They quickly found them selves at a teleporter, and after getting onto it, emerged on a raft. There they were met by Dei Rol Lee, they managed to fight him off, but not kill him since he could constantly evolve.

The raft came to a stop at a dock, and they got off and went up to a rusty door. They continued through into what was dubbed the "mines" which was actually Dr. Osto's first lab. They managed to fight through the various robot within it, and found themselves at the mercy of a giant tank like weapon, run by the infected AI Vol Opt. They eventually destroyed this mammoth of a machine, and continued on through another teleporter.

The mercenaries found themselves at Falz ship, and they brazenly entered. They quickly advanced through the army of monsters, who people would later say were mutated forms of the citizens of Pioneer 1. They managed to get through the ships three levels, and eventually come face to face with Falz.

Somehow four elite mercenaries pulled together and managed to meet Falz head on, and did what a whole regiment couldn't. Rico's body was returned to normal once Falz was destroyed, and as it turns out, that was the Principal of Pioneer 2's daughter. The only problem was, she was dead.

Having finally realized what had happened to an extent, the people remained on Pioneer 2. Mercenaries were still sent out to clear monsters, and to comb the land for any survivors. Then the Pioneer 2 got a message. It was from a Heathcliff Flowen. They quickly located it to a place called Gal De Val island.

Once again mercenaries were sent out in the mass, though this time with more training to ensure less casualties. The mercenaries discovered a facility, and had to find three computers throughout the island jungle to get into it. They quickly did so, and after fighting some griffins, continued into the facility. The place was chaos, it was just like the mines.

Here, more of the robots were made for fighting, and not digging, making it harder for mercenaries to get through. They made do though, and found the source of the message. It came from a computer that was constantly remitting it. Most mercenaries quit at this point, but some where puzzled and continued on.

Soon they found what no one thought they would ever see again, D-cell creatures. Suddenly a mass of mercenaries started fighting once more. They fought the creatures on and on, this time they seemed more powerful, and a lot more intelligent. However, the heroes prevailed and continued on. Soon they found an elevator, and while going down it, met Olga Flow, falling along with them.

The mercenaries fought him as hard as they could, but when the elevator reached the ground, and Olga Flow landed on his feet unharmed by the fall, only four mercenaries stood standing. They fought with on and on, but soon one was cut down, and then the next. The other two managed to hang in, and eventually defeated the monster by managing to get it's sword stuck in the wall and blowing it's head up with a grenade from a spare grenade launcher unit on the ground.

The two mercenaries returned with the news, and it was easily confirmed by the disappearance of the D-cell monsters. Now that the two biggest problems were solved though, that's where this story really begins.

Sord
May 20, 2004, 09:35 PM
Woo hoo! Chapter 8! And uhh... other stuff. Expect anothe chapter tonight since all 13 chapter are due tomorrow.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The Explosive Cave of Craziness

Through the completion of the destruction of Dei Rol Lee, the participants of the operation gained a rather large reward. Vaikus, Cihuli, and Terence received the highest amount, having been the most important part of the operation.

The three spent their money differently: Cihuli spent her money buying clothes and weapons, Terence used his for various repairs and a few new grills at his wife's restaurant, and Vaikus spent his money buying more explosives then any one person on Pioneer 2 owned. It was all of a putty variety, but it could be set of with a certain wave frequency instead of an electric charge.

He planned to throw it all along the cave entrance's roofs and walls in the dome before setting it off. The result would be a cave in, trapping the dragons underground. The next time the three friends met, Vaikus told them what he had been doing the past few days.

"Good Gog!" Cried Terence, "That would take at least..." He trailed off, trying to figure out how many pounds of putty it would take to blow the cave in. "Yes, a lot, what do you think I used my award money for?" Vaikus replied. Terence just gave a sort of "whatever" expression and shrugged.

"Well, however crazy it may seem, I'm behind you on this one Vaikus. Besides, blowing things up is fun!" Cihuli exclaimed. Vaikus and Terence both raised an eyebrow at this. "Umm... I didn't say that..." Cihuli said sheepishly. Both Terence and Vaikus just shook their heads.

Together the three of them managed to get the crates of putty on a teleportation pad, a large platform used for teleporting large cargoes. It did have it's limits however, hence why it couldn't carry Pioneer 2's large amount of engine fuel for example.

They managed to teleport it inside the Dome, luckily without any dragons being nearby. They then dragged a crate and a hose down the incline and into the beginnings of the caves. "So, how do we get the putty up there?" Terence asked, looking up at the roof. "And furthermore, what is that hose for Vaikus?"

"To get it up there of course." Vaikus declared. He then grabbed one end of the hose, which had a sort of air lock on it. Moving over to the crate, he connected this end to the other half which was on top, and turned a crank that was next to it. Cihuli and Terence had noticed this part of the crate before, but thought it simply for moving the crates with a machine.

Vaikus then aimed the hose up at roof of the cave, and turned a crank on the nozzle. Immediately a stream of compacted explosive putty shot out of the hose, forty feet up, and hit the ceiling with a "splat," and continued on. Vaikus continued spraying it, going up and down, leaving room between rows.

Terence then told Vaikus to stop. Vaikus shut the hose off and asked why. Terence demanded to see the hose, and Vaikus handed it over. Backing up to a wall, Terence aimed at the other and opened the nozzle. He immediatly began to write on the wall, "Terence is a better shot than Vaikus."

Vaikus let out a "Hey!" Of surprise and took the nozzle from him, and crossed out the sentence, Terence laughing the whole time. Vaikus then shut of the nozzle and moved to the other wall, and fired at the wall he was standing at before. There he began to form a stick figure with a main of hair, and large sword in a hand, and a crazy eyes with a wavy mouth.

"Recognize anyone Terence?" Vaikus said, smirking. "Gimme that!" Terence shouted, grabbing for the nozzle. Vaikus quickly moved it to his other side, where Cihuli grabbed it and said, "My turn!" And stuck her tongue out at the two boys.

She then aimed up at the roof and spelled out Cihuli & Vaikus with a heart under it. Cihuli just giggled and Vaikus didn't say anything. Terence took the nozzle and wrote on an empty space of wall, "It's love bird season." Both Cihuli and Vaikus shot a bullet each very close to Terence's feet. "What? It was just a joke!" He said innocently.

So it went on, the three drawing and writing various things on the walls and roof. Eventually the crates of putty ran out, and the walls and roof were so covered any ways it wouldn't matter even if there was more putty. Together the three walked out of the dome, a bit disappointed their fun had come to an end.

Once a good distance away from the Dome, Vaikus pulled a small round contraption out of his pocket. It had a red button on top and an antennae protruding out of the edge. He pressed the red button, to which the "bleep-bleep" sound of a garage door opener was heard, before a large plume of flame rose up, followed by a shock wave and a blast of air.

When everything calmed down, the three looked at the dome. "Well, you sure collapsed the cave knight, but you blew up half the Dome!" Terence cried.

"Yeah... It's a good thing Ragol and anything on it isn't government property yet, or we would be screwed." Vaikus said, a bit numbly.

"It's kind of odd, that other half. It looks like it should fall in without any support, being only half a dome now." Cihuli said quizzically. Just then the groaning of the bending of steal was heard, and then it all fell in, starting with what would have been the center and breaking apart until it reached about ten feet from the ground.

"Uhh, they'll probably just rebuild it and call it a monument." Vaikus said nervously. "Yeah" Cihuli and Terence replied just as nervous. The three then walked off to find a nearby teleporter and go home.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2004-05-20 19:37 ]</font>

Sord
May 20, 2004, 10:53 PM
Woohoo, finally completed. Sure the fic only has eight chapters, but it's a complete fic! Woo hoo, my first one! Everyone do a little dance! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Celebration Bash

Vaikus walked up to Cihuli's door and knocked. In about three second Cihuli opened the door and yanked Vaikus in her house by his arm. She immediately flipped on the lights, not wanting to give him any time to think. Suddenly a group of people shouted "Surprise!" Nearly scarring Vaikus senseless. Luckily he managed not to show it... Much.

Among the people were of course Terence and Guinevere. Also there were Cihuli's parents, a slim newman with a rugged face and a slim FOnewearl with bright blew eyes. Vaikus had met them before, and knew their names where Hollok and Lilly. Also among them was Cihuli's brother, Munich (whose name Vaikus would later learn) who seemed to be a younger version of Hollok.

Vaikus was pretty stunned, and didn't understand what the party was about. "What are you, a dolt?" Terence chided, "We're throwing this banquet 'cause you led us to destroy Dei Rol Lee and seal the dragons in the caves." Vaikus just went sort of red as he realized this, it seemed obvious after he was told.

Cihuli just rolled her eye and shouted "Game time!" She hurried off to her closet and pulled out a game. Setting it on the table, she quickly set the board and all the pieces up. It was similar to a very old murder mystery game, where you tried to find a killer and it's weapon. This one had a few twists though. For example, even if you discovered the murder, you had to keep from getting killed, and if you were the murder, you had to bluff the other into confusion for up to a set amount of turns.

After a few rounds, everyone decided they were hungry. Everyone went in the kitchen, where a rather large three layer cake stood. On each layer was a drawing of a type of gun in icing. A rifle on the bottom, overlapping mechguns on the middle, and a pistol on the top. Everyone insisted Vaikus cut the cake and eat the first bite.

He cut the cake, and then after trying, asked who had made such a thing? After all, sweets weren't aloud to be cooked on Pioneer 2, although there where three sisters that cooked cakes in the second level of the caves and sold them on Pioneer 2 via-transporter, but their cakes where always the same plain kind.

"Well, let's just say one of those cake sisters owed me a favor. She got in a bit of a mess with those nanodragons awhile back. She asked how she could repay me and I said I would put it on her tab. So I did, and when I came back they gladly let me use their oven and ingredients."

Vaikus just congratulated his friend, but still found it funny to think of him cooking in a red apron. They all dug into the cake, and soon finished off the top and middle layers. They managed to eat a bit of the bottom layer, but not much. Terence wrapped it up and stored it in Cihuli's refrigerator.

"Present time!" Cihuli shouted, as if she was some sort of schedule. They all headed into the living room where Vaikus sat on the couch, and everybody else continued on to Cihuli's room. They each came back bearing a present, setting it on the coffee table on top of the game.

Vaikus first picked up Hollok's gift, a rather square shaped box in red foil paper. Vaikus tore open the paper and opened the box, only to find another box. He opened this one, and it had another box in it. This happened three more times, Hollok trying his best not to laugh uproariously. Eventually Vaikus got to the last one, and pulled out something wrapped in tissue paper. It was a pistol, but not of the photon variety. It was the kind that shot metal bullets, with a chamber that could hold up to seven shouts. Ivory designs were engraved on the handle. Vaikus gratefully thanked Hollok, who said he needn't do so, so long as Vaikus take very good care of it.

Next he chose Lilly's gift, which was wrapped in green. He tore open the paper on this one, and opening the box, was relieved not to find yet another box, but cleaning kit for his various guns. He thanked Lilly as well, who smiled and said it was nothing.

Next he chose Munich's box, which was a lot longer than the others. Upon opening the purple foil and box, he found a rifle, it's barrel of the yellow variety. This meant it was an S-rank weapon, so until you get into extremely rare rifles, this was the best you could get. Vaikus just sort of gaped, he had never hoped to come across one of these. Munich just let out a chuckle, and said that he had always wanted one in his mercenary days.

Next he chose Terence's, and upon tearing the yellow foil and opening the box, found a book. In it was described various ways to disarm a person of his gun, then quickly take it apart. The strategy was typically taught to people in the military. Vaikus thanked Terence, who said it was no prob'.

Next he opened Cihuli's with the bright blue wrapper. The box contained a picture of him and Cihuli on an outing together at one of the parks on Ragol. She was hugging his arm and leaning against his shoulder, and they were both smiling for the camera. They were standing on green grass, behind them was a tree and space with all its stars. Vaikus leaned over to Cihuli and thanked her with a kiss.

The presents all opened, everyone decided to leave. Vaikus decided to stay with Cihuli a bit longer, and the two waved bye to everyone as they left. Afterwards Vaikus sat down on the couch. "So, what do you want to do?" He asked Cihuli. Cihuli thought for a moment, then went back down her hallway.

Extra Bit That Isn't Going To School

Cihuli then returned. "Oh, here, you still have one more present." She said, smiling and sitting beside Vaikus. She handed over a small square packet to him. He opened it up an found a latex tube with one end closed. He raised his eyebrows, and saw the grin on Cihuli's face. Vaikus smirked as her hand went up his side.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW it's the end http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif