PDA

View Full Version : PSO Superstitions, Coincidences, and Satanic Rituals

ViewtifulJoe
Apr 21, 2004, 10:09 PM
First, at superstitions. I've been piping a lot and we've been doing some crazy things. When piping for Mil Lilies, I try to hold everything in the room that's blue. I'll also do Kung Fu forms for good energy, and take just about every piece of good luck bits as I can get.

Just one thing specifically, I noticed that at level 150, two levels from now, my Hucast will have broken 1600 Hp and will have exactly 1000 ATP, about 1300 with the mag.

As for Satanic rituals, we haven't gone that far yet, but...

Dragon_Ash
Apr 21, 2004, 10:11 PM
hmmm, my fonewearl does 666 damage to most enemies with zonde in the ult ruins... i don't think it has anything to do with the devil.. do you? o_O

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragon_Ash on 2004-04-21 20:12 ]</font>

Pixel_Toa
Apr 21, 2004, 10:27 PM
I have "The Level Up Dance" which consists of combos in the game, and lots of jumping around outside of it. (Thank God for the Wavebird!)

And I pay special attention to when I have the exact same amount of HP as TP. It's got some kind of significance! I know it! Someday I'll figure out the significance of HP/TP syncronization, and I will achive true enlightenment.

ViewtifulJoe
Apr 21, 2004, 10:29 PM
I FORGOT!! My friend has a Fonewearl, 1175 mst with Summit Moon, does 666 damage to Arlans and Crimson assassins.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 21, 2004, 10:32 PM
iv seen my Exp at 666 to next lvl many times,even once it was 6669.

astuarlen
Apr 21, 2004, 10:41 PM
Whenever I do a quest, I press the a button during the loading screen so the little sparkly things turn red. Because, you know, red is for red boxes. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Jae
Apr 22, 2004, 12:03 AM
On 2004-04-21 20:41, astuarlen wrote:
Whenever I do a quest, I press the a button during the loading screen so the little sparkly things turn red. Because, you know, red is for red boxes. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Haha I used to do that too.

I also had this dumb thing where I stopped casting Jellen and Zalure to increase rare drops while rare hunting offline. During those hunting sessions, I did manage to snag an Asuka, two Yas3ks and two out of three of my Spread Needles. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nai_Calus
Apr 22, 2004, 01:10 PM
Heh. There have been at least 3 different occasions when my FOmar healed 666 HP with Resta.

SammaeltheDark
Apr 22, 2004, 03:08 PM
I taunt the enemies to drop their boxes.

I call out "Melqueeky!" every time I see one.

I convince myself how next to impossible it will be to find a certain item. I've been searching for it who knows how long and haven't found it... then it usually drops after I've properly convinced myself.

Solstis
Apr 22, 2004, 04:23 PM
I like to pre-determine if I'm going to get a rare during a run using the Force/ESP according to the feeling I get in the back of my head (cough).

Hey, once I got a Bluefull Sil Holy Ray drop when I was feeling "lucky"

Rainbowlemon
Apr 22, 2004, 05:11 PM
I can feel the drop before it occurs...the strange rush of spiritual energy that rushes through my fingers directly to my brain and tells me that i've got a special drop before it occurs.

Seriously!!!

Xero_Silvera
Apr 22, 2004, 05:41 PM
My criticals sometimes do 666..
Oddly enough i found demo comet from a red slime that i critted 666 on... and about a month ago, i found red saber from a 666 beat torr and the song 'the number of the beast' by iron maiden came on my computer. O.o;
-xero

ViewtifulJoe
Apr 22, 2004, 11:15 PM
I also will use the conversation thing to say "I like" then whatever enemy I'm searching for. I've almost never found ANYTHING that wasn't from a rare enemy. If rare enemies weren't there 'd be using G assassin sabers and a raygun at lvl 148.

Dana
Apr 23, 2004, 03:12 AM
quite a few times i've asked the enemy to give me the rare it gives me and it has E.G. Merlan and a god/body, it was quite freaky and mt friend was there when it happend, so now he keeps asking the monsters for items.....hasn't worked for him yet!

rena-ko
Apr 23, 2004, 06:11 AM
i play with peoples who are luck-magnets >_>

i see people drop set ammounts of meseta before quests are loaded.

i for myself change the colour of the circles to gold - srank gold.

ive seen people predict rare enemies ^-^; freaky

Gaffero
Apr 23, 2004, 07:28 PM
Well, when I hunt a rare, I'll ask the enemy about it's are drop. Take everyone's friend Bartle for example; I once asked him "What do you drop, Bartle?" Sure, enough, he dies and I get a Final Impact.

From now on, I'm doing it for good luck, especially for Tollaw...
He's not very nice; the only red box I've gotten off him was Photon Drop x1 instead of 1975(REAL) Agito...

Omega_Nova
Apr 23, 2004, 09:06 PM
I've also stopped casting zalure and jellen to increase rare drops...
I also pep talk the enemies, Ex: "If you drop the rare item I'll never kill another one of your kind again, think about it you'll be a hero!"

never worked...

JGaff
Apr 24, 2004, 12:51 PM
As we realize, we are no better than the farmer who talks to acres of soy beans (nothing like a pep talk, eh?)

I've been piping and often times when I'm about to quit, and I'll say it aloud, the game talks pity on me and decides 2 hours was more than enough.

Skorpius
Apr 24, 2004, 03:19 PM
Don't "hunt" what you are looking for, because everyone knows that it will drop when you aren't expecting it to.

?Does that work?

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 24, 2004, 03:27 PM
No, the drops rates are accurate, iv found many items that i was actually hunting for and i was unable to find many items i have hunted its all about luck.
Just becuase you are hunting for sumtin and you expect to find it doesnt mean you have no chance in finding it and you will only come across it when your not trying,it may seem that way sometimes but its not a fact.
My greatest moment like that was when i told myself that this next Pan Arms would drops Pan Arms Arms...and he did, i thought it was funny.

Xero_Silvera
Apr 24, 2004, 03:37 PM
Hehe.. That reminds me of this one movie i watched where this mob boss had caught this police force team and asked the captain to make a decision.. for him to die or his 4 fellow cops to die instead. (they were all great friends) The mob boss guy was like 'Cmon, i thought you wanted to be a hero?' (referring to an earlier note made by the captain)
LoL, he chose to stay alive while the other teammates died.
Odd Twist, but eh.
-xero

FIDELCASTRO
Apr 24, 2004, 04:53 PM
ritual...every time my friend encounters any kind of a rappy, he sings this song in chinese which roughly translates into "rappy rappy, joy joy, give me a weapon rappy rappy..." 6/10 times he gets a rare weapon.

goku4ever
Apr 25, 2004, 10:39 AM
whenever i quit i close my eyes and cross my fingers and pray my file saves. instead of it saying my file is corrupted

Robo47
Apr 25, 2004, 01:09 PM
I threaten to kill my Gamecube when Megid gets too killy when I have 67 EDK >>;;

--

Also, I say 'lilylily'repeatedly, really really fast when I want to see a rare one works 3/20 times!

--

Whenever I got lv200 I'd always find my desired weapon of the moment by calling my neighbor and saying 'I just got my X lv200 character!' then going after the enemy that holds it

Fomar0153
Apr 26, 2004, 09:27 AM
I can predict rares..................

Storm Wand Indra....

(92 in a row and counting)

ViewtifulJoe
Apr 26, 2004, 10:54 PM
On 2004-04-23 17:28, Gaffero wrote:
From now on, I'm doing it for good luck, especially for Tollaw...
He's not very nice; the only red box I've gotten off him was Photon Drop x1 instead of 1975(REAL) Agito...

Gaaaa!! I found a Frigging photon drop from a Tollaw with my yellowboze!! Grrr...

On 2004-04-23 19:06, Omega_Nova wrote:
I've also stopped casting zalure and jellen to increase rare drops...
I also pep talk the enemies, Ex: "If you drop the rare item I'll never kill another one of your kind again, think about it you'll be a hero!"

never worked...

When I piping I make a deal. "Okay Ob Lilies. I don't like you and you don't like me. But, if you give me a Mil, I'll kill it and spare the rest of you losers. Capiche?"

Mixfortune
Apr 27, 2004, 01:04 AM
The following is one of my funniest PSO memories, put into the Member Spotlight some time ago. It seems to match well with this topic. Ah, the rare power of Megid! :x

The instances mentioned after are only one of many Funny PSO Memories: With my Pinkal FOmar in Ultimate, I had gone back to VHard in order to obtain rares, namely Stink Frame from a Gigobooma, using "Soul of a Blacksmith". The first run, a Rappy drops its wing, right next to a Hildebear that drops its head. In the next run, at the top of the dome where 2 Hildebears drop at the end of forest, I cast Megid. First try kills a Hildebear, dropping its head. Thinking that to be a rather odd event, I Megid the second bear right next to its falling body. Again, first attempt is a success, and it too drops its head. OK, so I figured that to be a little freaky. Next time I mix it around, killing some bears with Grants instead. No heads. I Megid one near the top of the dome and BOOM! a head. Now, as I was killing Gigos for the Stink Frame, I normally opted for a GIbarta to the face. However, in some strange twist of my mind, I decide to Megid one of them. First shot kills a Gobooma that walks in the way. Second Megid also kills a Gobooma that walked in the way. Megid shots 3-8 doesn't kill the Gigo. Finally the 9th Megid kills, and...it drops a Stink Frame! Very odd...

Nai_Calus
Apr 27, 2004, 01:43 AM
Heh.

I have good luck killing Zeles with Megid. It seems to be their weakness, actually. Playing Seabed with Xeno the other night, we had the ever-joyful ghost enemy phenomenon, although differently than usual. The Zoa and Zele it happened with weren't dead to him, just frozen in place. Fortunately only one at a time. Took 5 or 6 Megids to drop the Zoa. Zele dropped on the first one, heh.

Armok
Apr 27, 2004, 05:05 AM
My Gc worships the Dark Lord. It always gives you every drop from an area other than the one u attually want or are thinking about. the only way to over come this barrier and find something decent is too:

Be in an area so hard you are concentrating on just staying alive rather than rares. Worked for God hand/Yam 9000/2 meteor cudgel.

Not know the drops for monsters. Worked on DF field/2 god body, God Hand, 2 red sword and a Demo comet.

Be talking to someone at time of killing key creature so distracted. Worked for first red sword.

Not really want the drop in first place. 7 cure poisons.

Shrike
Apr 30, 2004, 05:09 PM
Whenever the loading screen appears where you can change the colour (quest load screen in offline play), I always change the colour to match the section ID of my character.

Evil_Althena8
Apr 30, 2004, 05:57 PM
Sometimes I just feel that the enemy will drop the rare. Speaking of Satanic Rituals and Coincidence, my friend's girlfriends' brother's Xbox is supposedly "possessed". Each Xbox has a name that identifies it that can be seen when you do system link with Halo. I guess one day they were playing it and the thing went screwy and messed up. When they did system link, the system had changed its name to 666666666666. I didn't quite believe it until I saw it for myself.

AmplitudeX
May 1, 2004, 02:59 AM
lol speaking of funny finds when shristmas was near we found a St. rappy and it died by a red box my friend checked the box but it was a Vajaya so i set ut down this other guy entered the room and the rappy ran away my buddy got the present and the other guy got the box thinking thats wut the rappy dropped...*2 minutes after he left* XD THAT was SLICK! ohh BTW i also think that the systens allow at least one rare (thing)per game and for sum wierd reason yellowboze & Redria ALWAYS find hildetorr...

mystic_geo
May 1, 2004, 05:55 AM
On 2004-04-30 15:09, Shrike wrote:
Whenever the loading screen appears where you can change the colour (quest load screen in offline play), I always change the colour to match the section ID of my character.

lol, I always do that to!

SpyroDi
May 1, 2004, 02:54 PM
When I want a super-rare item,I beg to the game and hope for mercy.

FOAtHeart
May 1, 2004, 03:05 PM
When me and my online friend play together,(Lne Wolf, HUmar. Heard of him?) We "pray to the PSO gods" that a rare will drop. Mostly for POL and Kasami.

We're still hunting http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mixfortune
May 1, 2004, 03:17 PM
We occasionally play the Gamecube downstairs. Every once in a while we just take a break and let one of us start piping for rare monsters in single player.

Usually our cat doesn't venture into the downstairs rooms, preferring the sun from the windows on the ground floor. One time I was piping for rare monsters, looking for a Nar Lilly for God/HPs. I had been piping for a few hours now, and was going to give up. The cat ran down the stairs as I was piping down again, and a Nar Lilly appeared. Ok, so that was a little odd. I stopped piping for then.

The next time I was piping for a rare monster (a few days later) the cat was already downstairs. I kept her with me for the added luck, but to no avail. After a while she ran off and jumped up the stairs. At that moment I found another rare enemy.

There were a few more times after that when I was piping for a rare enemy and the cat moved in and out, but no rare enemy, so I just chalked it up to a funny coincidence.

I happened to be in the room talking to my brother when he was piping for a Hildetorr. The cat ran down the stairs and a Hildetorr dropped down from the sky.

No other reported cases thus far.
And I'm not exaggerating about this. The rare enemy really did appear as the cat left/entered the room while in the transition from Pioneer 2 to Ragol.

SpyroDi
May 1, 2004, 04:04 PM
OMG! u hav a magik kat!

TatuPreb119
May 1, 2004, 04:06 PM
Can I borrow your Cat?

Hooga
May 1, 2004, 08:46 PM
If I shout "DIE!", typically some nasty monster appears or one I didn't see drops a nasty spell on top of me. Like gibarta from a gibbon or a chaos bringer's charge or gun, or a dark belra's arm, etc etc.

ViewtifulJoe
May 1, 2004, 11:27 PM
We believe that Rare Enemies play favorites. Due to many prior occasions, My friend who holds the whittil will leave the room and allow me to pipe alone. I always found a Mil quicker that way. On the other hand, I have a very hard time finding Pal Rappies when He's not here. Torrs seem to hate us both equally. A little while ago, I was tired, so I let him pipe for the mils, he found one kind of fast, oddly; and It's very hard to describe the following jolt of a slowly rotating Red Box left by the ravages of a Mil Lily found with a Whitill as it sinks into the pixilated eviroment it once thrived in. I'll edit in the link to the topic on it I'm about to post.

Edit:Here's the link (http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=81717&forum=7&start=0&0)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViewtifulJoe on 2004-05-01 21:58 ]</font>

Dragon_Ash
May 2, 2004, 06:33 PM
Something bizzare happened to me not long ago... i was hunting a hildeblue head in FoS and i said to myself *it'd be extremley odd if i got both hildebear's head as well as a hildeblue's head* so... on the very next pipe after saying that i saw a hildeblue... killed it and got it's head... killed the other one hilde in the room and it dropped it's head also... now someone please tell me that was just coincidence O_o

ladyjaderiver
May 2, 2004, 10:16 PM
I scare one of my guinea pigs so that she runs around her igloo hiding thing for good luck on boss fights. *G*

JavaMoon
May 3, 2004, 03:16 AM
I have a few rituals that I've done over the years on PSO...

Whenever I would beat Falz, I would do a "victory lap." I'd just run around the whole stage once and do a couple of "Hurrah!" symbol chats. Then after that I would cast gifoie over and over and over again until the song ends....sorta like fireworks.

Yeah, beating Falz with me is a whole party. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif