PDA

View Full Version : EP3-Quest: Game Informer Quest Is Out

Mixfortune
Apr 22, 2004, 03:01 AM
Game Informer Quest

Mission: Seeking information on Sega's game lineup
for 2004, our bosses left to find the Planet Ragol.
But they haven't returned. I'd like you to find them
and bring them back. We've got a deadline on Game
Informer that we need to make!

Justin: You're asking me if it's worthwhile to talk
to Lisa? You'll see when this Quest ends.
Kato: What, our bosses are missing!? Not now, I've got much to do...
Matt: If this were an FPS, I'd be of some use.

Special Rules: Defeat Team.

2 on 1. You vs:
Arkz RAcaseal (+2 HP, 3 AP, 0 TP, 4 MV) Deck: GI 1
Hunter FOmar (-1 HP, 0 AP, 3 TP, 3 MV) Deck: GI 2

Map: Cyber

*-----*-
H-U*--*-
*--*--A-

U- Player
A- Arkz RA G1
H- Hunters FO G2

COM used cards:

Arkz RA G1:
Claw
Bartle
Protection
Long Arm
Guard
Tollaw

Hunters FO G2:
Ice Staff: Dagon
Zonde
Companion
C-Sorcerer's Cane

Complete quest text:

Ah, just when I found this great information, I was
about to be taken away by some strange people. Thank
you for your help. Now we'll be able to meet our
deadline! Please accept this Game Informer Card.
And if you get a chance, please buy our magazine, too!

Reiner.

Game Informer Card:

Game Informer
1 cost

1 HP, 0 AP
0 TP, -

Tech OK

Stall: During Move Phase, MV of all characters of
both parties within one block left or right of this
card will be set to 2, excluding this card itself.
When receiving multiple MV change effects, the effect
with the highest move value applies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2004-04-22 01:04 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Apr 22, 2004, 03:16 AM
Please excuse the double posting. Just keeping this post seperate from the quest information.

This quest was extremely easy. Beat it first time using a simple Kylria weapon deck. The FOmar Hunter rushed me while the Arkz RAcaseal summoned a Bartle behind it and the walked to the bottom left of the "I" on the map to try and hit me with Long Arm. After taking out the FOmar Hunter I just stayed where I was on the bottom right of the "G" on the map and shot across the gap. The Arkz RAcaseal stood there like a moron taking the hits. Easy quest. For a faster time I'd recommend either a Ranger or perhaps an Arkz. The playing field is sideways from what the in-quest map showed, so you will only really be able to set creatures on either the G or the I on the map... probably fastest if you use a Heroside Ranger with a lot of weapons in this quest.

You can choose any SC.

Arislan
Apr 22, 2004, 03:42 AM
Hmm, seems like they dumbed down quest difficulties for the US version quests. Why doesn't that surprise me?

Malkavian
Apr 22, 2004, 07:35 AM
It can be played on JP version??
And since when there has been a non easy quest? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nisshoku
Apr 22, 2004, 12:44 PM
It honestly took me three time to finally beat it, after getting my butt handed to me after using my usual Endu and Kranz, usually getting beat on my the FOmar.

It finally took me making a make-shift Ohgun deck, that quite luckily won me the game. Then again, I'm only a Clv4(ON) / Clv14(OFF)....so that might explain it... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Mixfortune
Apr 22, 2004, 12:52 PM
Well, I only played the quest once, so I may have just gotten lucky... but the Arkz just standing there taking the hits seemed... odd.

As far as I could tell the FOmar didn't have any sort of rampage attacks, so mass equipping seems to work well in this case. I didn't try out an Arkz on this quest, since it seemed like it would be harder to maneuver around. The only reason I can see to try Arkz would be if you could set creatures near the Arkz RAcaseal itself, but that doesn't seem possible without really low cost creatures.

Arislan
Apr 22, 2004, 01:55 PM
Malkavian, play Seashore Preacher if you want a challenge. That quest is an absolute killer. Kid's Soul isn't a very nice one either.

/edit
Just confirmed, the quest is JP version downloadable. So much for US exclusive content. It's even translated to Japanese!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2004-04-22 12:03 ]</font>

Nambrosia
Apr 22, 2004, 02:27 PM
When I did it, I was using Ino'lis.. turned out to be a mistake considering almost everything the FOmar equipped was a Tech Halfguard.. (Magical Piece/C-Sorceror's Cane spam <_<)
Least my Gi/Rabartas kept his canes perpetually frozen.
One other thing, they used Immortality twice.. actually the thing that hurt the most was the FOmar's Rafoie..
but then the RAcaseal summoned a Crimson Assassin and... didn't move it.. until I killed the FOmar.
After that 2 Foies and she was dead. >_>

Arislan
Apr 22, 2004, 03:02 PM
Here's the translation from the JP version, and more of their decks. The translation is the same for the most part, but the "feeling" behind what the people were saying changed a little, the starting text mentions Minnesota, and the ending text REALLY thanks you.

Description: In order to find out what the new Sega game lineup for 2004 is, our bosses went

to Planet Ragol But after leaving Minnesota, we have no idea where they went. Game

Informer's people want to find out if they're alive or dead, so we want someone to head out

there and find out, then head back here.

Prequest Text: You want to know if there's a point to talking to Lisa? You'll understand better after this quest. ~JUSTIN Eh, Our bosses left and haven't come back? And I've got so much to do... ~KATO If this game were an FPS, I'd be able to do everything by myself, but...

Starting Quotes
FOmar: "We're called "The Game Nikita" and "The Game Hombre" around here."
RAcaseal: "If you want to find out where Lisa and Andy Mac are, you'll have to beat us!"

Half Life
RAcaseal: "Lisa and Andy Mac aren't capable of doing their jobs at Game Informer!"

After Quest Text: Ahh, just when I got a hold of some great information, these weird people dragged me off! Thank you! Thanks to you, we can meet the Game Informer deadline date! Thank you from our hearts! If it's ok, we'd like you to try to use this card. Of course, it's a "Game Informer" card. If you can, buy our magazine too! REINER

FOmar
Ice Wand: Dagon x 3
Magical Piece x 2
C-Sorceror's Cane
Penetrate x 2
Zonde
Rafoie x 2
Guard
Protection x 2
Resist
Companion x 2
Dice + 1 x 2
Immortality

RAcaseal
Bartle
Tollaw
Crimson Assassin
Claw
Bulclaw
Morfos
Death Gunner
Long Arm
Guard
Resist
Dice + 1 x 2
Immortality x 2

Bluedragon07
Apr 22, 2004, 06:58 PM
finally a us quest, even if it is easy

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 22, 2004, 11:22 PM
Video up. Folder Episode III, gameinformer.avi

ftp://137.49.238.94 name: psow pass: psow

PSO_Komodo
Apr 23, 2004, 01:54 AM
I got slaughtered first two attempts, RAcaseal kept sending Claws and using action cards to attack, while the FOmar just used Foie, Zonde, and Penetrate. Third time I just sealed everything off using Al rappies and Booma's, and cast techs with Peko for an easy win.

Sharkyland
Apr 23, 2004, 02:00 AM
Check my Kibou deck, this is what I used. The penetrate was the only one that affected me a lot. Immortality was a b!tch when they played first and just placed a bartle in front of the starting spot. FOmar just then teched my wpns to death, but finally killed him (RAcaseal was just pounding me with Long Arm from time to time). The RAcaseal wasn't too bad, I killed her with HP Attack (Vjaya) and Split Boost (Saber)...

StrongBad
Apr 23, 2004, 09:18 AM
On 2004-04-22 12:27, Nambrosia wrote:
When I did it, I was using Ino'lis.. turned out to be a mistake considering almost everything the FOmar equipped was a Tech Halfguard.. (Magical Piece/C-Sorceror's Cane spam <_<)
Least my Gi/Rabartas kept his canes perpetually frozen.
One other thing, they used Immortality twice.. actually the thing that hurt the most was the FOmar's Rafoie..
but then the RAcaseal summoned a Crimson Assassin and... didn't move it.. until I killed the FOmar.
After that 2 Foies and she was dead. >_>

Yup, pretty much same thing happened to me. I won with only 2hp left. I would have lost if it wasn't for my awesome Rafoie-Morning Glory combo on the Fo. The Arkz did practically nothing the whole game except for using a few long arms on herself and hiding her Morfos in the back of the "I" the whole game.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Malkavian
Apr 23, 2004, 10:40 AM
Aweosme JP players can download and play GameInformer too.

Seashore Preacher is that one in Tener Sinus with many rocks??
Yeah I had a nice challenge there. My COM Teammate could have died several times since he only equipped harisen fan and lost it when attacking but the COM ignored him and went for me.

The problem of this game Informer quest is the map layout. Too labyrinthic for the COM AI. The Arkz summoned a Tollaw and did nothing more in whole fight because the tollaw was trapped.

Nai_Calus
Apr 23, 2004, 06:20 PM
On 2004-04-23 08:40, Malkavian wrote:
Aweosme JP players can download and play GameInformer too.

*snort*

'Awesome' my ass. Sure, the JP can play our 'exclusive' quests, but we can't play theirs. Yet another way Ep3 leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Ahh, I love the smell of ST bullshit in the morning.

At least with Ep1&2 chances are that if something is on the JP servers and not the US servers, you can just wander over to the JP servers and play it, JP language settings not always even required. 9_9

Castoth
Apr 23, 2004, 07:22 PM
I agree. This is complete bullshit that JP players can play 'our' quest as well (fully translated and more detailed, may I add). This is one of the few times where the complete bias of ST is undeniable.

And this GI quest issue and the JP-only Dremaga mag quest coming soon are some of the primary reasons I'm ditching this game ASAP and heading to FFXI. At least Squeenix shows respect for US players; nearly the same as JP players from what I hear.

Nai_Calus
Apr 25, 2004, 02:25 PM
LOL, I just noticed something.

Anyone remember the mis-spelled Sil'fer wallpaper?

http://www.iankunx.net/gi.jpg

XD

Arislan
Apr 25, 2004, 03:04 PM
The EGM card mispells it too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nai_Calus
Apr 25, 2004, 03:08 PM
On 2004-04-25 13:04, Arislan wrote:
The EGM card mispells it too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Go ST. *waves fans*

One thing you can say for them. When they screw up, they screw up consistently.

Bluedragon07
Apr 26, 2004, 05:57 PM
lol, they didnt misspell dialing in ep 3 though

Getintothegame
Apr 26, 2004, 07:24 PM
Some other wallpapers do this too, I'm wondering why it is becoming a common typo?

Sharkyland
Apr 26, 2004, 07:41 PM
Wasn't that issue of gameinformer released long ago, if so, I really want to know if that cover is the same.

shinto_kuji
Apr 27, 2004, 12:22 AM
-finally posts about this-

Was really easy. The FOmar went down very quickly (and will every game if you have a high-rank slayer card in) and then I just used Stamina+Fly to go over and own the RAcaseal. O_o

And something funny about that poster. The first time I saw it, I was sure I had seen that drawing before. And what I figured was that GI simply took a piece of Sheik artwork (OoT) and performed a basic hair and eye color change. Look closely through the Game Informer logo and at the top right next to the Sonic Team logo, and you'll see where I'm coming from. I'm pretty sure, as I doubt the sellouts would do an original piece of art for a game they rated 7/10.

Deus-Irae
May 1, 2004, 04:56 AM
On 2004-04-23 16:20, Ian-KunX wrote:
*snort*

'Awesome' my ass. Sure, the JP can play our 'exclusive' quests, but we can't play theirs. Yet another way Ep3 leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

eating Crow yet?! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

wait do you own Ep3, or are you just here to bash ST? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif