PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: Protectorate of Light 3...?

Hikara
Apr 22, 2004, 08:34 AM
Okay, I know what you're thinking. Why a third one? Because I was staring at my ceiling, thinking the idea through. It will happen in Episode 3 times, and such... you'll just have to see. So.... what do you think?

Shake
Apr 22, 2004, 10:02 AM
Give it a go. Why not, you know? If you've got the idea, go for it man! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

M_BlackHawk
Apr 22, 2004, 01:42 PM
go for it, Hikara. I'm sure there's a bunch of folks who'd love to read a new POL, me included.

later

M_BlackHawk

Hikara
Apr 22, 2004, 01:45 PM
*looks at votes*

Who called me a crazy nutcase?... o0....

Thanks for the support Shake and Blackhawk. I'll try to post a snipit later and see how people like it.

Skett
Apr 22, 2004, 01:46 PM
I put Crazy nutcase. I wouldn't suggest it in the least just because I thought it sounded funny.

Seriously though, go for it! About time we got something from you. The first was very good and the second was good. Just do it.

Robo47
Apr 22, 2004, 02:25 PM
Howcome whenever I read Blackhawks posts I hear Carl talking?

[/off topic]

Go for it Hikara!

LadyRedComet
Apr 22, 2004, 02:31 PM
Hmm...I don't think another POL fanfic is really necessary...Not that I didn't enjoy the other two, mind you, but three is getting to be a bit too many.

However, it's your fanfic and your idea. Write it if it seems worthwhile to you.

Gnarled_rose
Apr 22, 2004, 04:09 PM
Let it die, Hikara, just let it die. Look at your workload. If you honestly believe you can write a decent fanfic with your schedule and other fics/assorted projects, you're dreaming.

-Z
Apr 22, 2004, 04:27 PM
hello again hikara ^_^

hmmm... its a possabilaty. of course, episode 3 fics do happen to have a certain bad omen about the fighting being replaced by a card game and whatnot... and the confusion about it in general, as many of us are without episode 3...

though i know you're great with writing fics, and pulling stories out of the dumpster, but i think this is one topic you'd have to really have to put effort into.

its a nice idea, but in the past episode 3 fics havnt really worked out... sorry http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Sord
Apr 22, 2004, 05:13 PM
I put your crazy, but i'd like to see it any ways. Because i honestly don't think you should do it, but I will read it if your decide to do so. I just don't like, my concious is sort of just screaming, "No Hikara, don't do it! Your getting close to the edge, and you will most likely fall... and the bigger they are, the harder they fall, and right now, your pretty big"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2004-04-22 15:14 ]</font>

Shake
Apr 22, 2004, 05:27 PM
On 2004-04-22 14:27, -Z wrote:
hmmm... its a possabilaty. of course, episode 3 fics do happen to have a certain bad omen about the fighting being replaced by a card game and whatnot... and the confusion about it in general, as many of us are without episode 3...

though i know you're great with writing fics, and pulling stories out of the dumpster, but i think this is one topic you'd have to really have to put effort into.

its a nice idea, but in the past episode 3 fics havnt really worked out... sorry http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Z brings up a good subject. This transition with the card technology being introduced, and a whole new method of fighting taking place, it really would take work to get decent fight scenes going.

I myself had originally planned to make Ragolian Tide into an episode 3 fanfic, but I changed my mind. The battle changes were the first thing I thought of. And Hikara, it didn't take long for me to get a nice idea down.

If you're going to do this, my advice is this. Take a look at the episode 3 world from a truly realistic perspective. Put yourself in Kranz's shoes or whoever you use, and imagine things weren't built on engines and calculations. Imagine Ragol existing around you. Imagine using tiny sheets of metal to seal carry your weapons and equipment around. Imagine being able to summon monsters.

Think about it real good, I believe you can come up with a great episode 3 fanfic.

Zzzzzz
Apr 22, 2004, 06:23 PM
"SAY WHAT? SAY WHAT? I' the one that put that scar on Captain Blue's face!"

"JUST GO FOR IT!"

Hikara
Apr 23, 2004, 02:43 PM
Okay, so that's five for and four against...

*looks over the edge*

I'm either a great writer, or suicidal....

I'll post a snipit sometime soon to see how these battles will go, then I'll continue if it works out. Sound good?

-Z
Apr 23, 2004, 03:54 PM
that'll work ^_^

i await to see what you can do.

good luck! ^_^

White_Knight
Apr 23, 2004, 08:52 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing another one only I have one question with that and that is will we be seeing any of our old fav. chars?

Gnarled_rose
Apr 24, 2004, 03:36 PM
Well, Hikara, it looks like you've got the public support you need to push you over the edge. I'll just take this post then to offer my services.

Hikara
Apr 26, 2004, 08:40 AM
On 2004-04-23 18:52, White_Knight wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing another one only I have one question with that and that is will we be seeing any of our old fav. chars?

Um... well let's see. Seeing as how it's the PROTECTORATE OF LIGHT 3... I'd say so. ^_^

Outrider
Apr 26, 2004, 09:20 AM
Uh, I don't claim to be the best source of information on either Fan Fics or Episode 3, but what exactly is stopping any of the Ep 3 Fics from having normal battle scenes? Just because there is CARD technology doesn't mean the characters can't beat the crap out of each other in a good ol' fashion brawl.

I mean, if Hikara wants to have a fist fight in his Ep 3 fic, then so be it!

Gnarled_rose
Apr 27, 2004, 04:24 PM
On 2004-04-26 07:20, Outrider wrote:
I mean, if Hikara wants to have a fist fight in his Ep 3 fic, then so be it!

*Snicker* Because I've seen Hikara "fight", and I'll tell you right now, he needs a weapon of some sort coupled with about 20 feet of space. Thus, card. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_redface.gifI mean, C.A.R.D.

White_Knight
Apr 27, 2004, 07:56 PM
another gerneral EP.3 question is how long after EP.2 is EP.3?

DOG21313
Apr 27, 2004, 08:04 PM
On 2004-04-27 17:56, White_Knight wrote:
another gerneral EP.3 question is how long after EP.2 is EP.3?

21 years.

And i think you should go for it, your past fics have been great, and i doubt this one will dissappoint.