PDA

View Full Version : Yasminkovs

SammaeltheDark
Apr 22, 2004, 09:17 AM
The trade forum is hopping with people wanting the Yasminkov gun series. Why are they so popular? Have they always been this popular and I'm only noticing now?

KaFKa
Apr 22, 2004, 10:00 AM
the yaskimovs always have rifle range, great power, look cool, and actually work like guns.

whats not to like? (and yes, theyve always been popular)

rising_sunset
Apr 22, 2004, 11:01 AM
Also give a cool real gun sound when you attack, and you can also see the bullet shell pop out throught the side/back (don't know exactly where *~*)

Jae
Apr 22, 2004, 11:06 AM
They've always been popular yes.

Yas2k - Looks and sounds cool. Even comes with a laser sight. Fairly strong, but only an RA can use it so it becomes a bit of a novelty since there are better RA guns out there.

Yas3k - Strongest rifle in the game (not counting charge rifles) and has what appears to be an extended rifle range. Looks cool, sounds cool and kicks ass. What's not to like?

Yas7k - Meh. One of the best looking guns in the game IMHO. It even has that sweet pump action when you fire. Too bad it's got that horrible auto aim feature, has even shorter range than a normal rifle and is weaker than the Yas3k. This should've been a shotgun. That would have kicked so much ass.

Yas9k - A very strong mechgun with rifle range. It's power as a mech is second only to Guld Milla, but for non-droids it's actually better IMHO.

rising_sunset
Apr 22, 2004, 11:19 AM
This sucks! Yas 7000 is way cooler than yas 3000! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif So it should be more powerful! In my opinion yas 3000 is the worse looking gun of the yas series.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 22, 2004, 11:23 AM
It is the worst looking and it actully dont have too much more ATP than the 7000V, personally i dont mind the 7000V auto aim thang it does, thats one of the many reason i like it more than most guns,and appearance wise, its the best.

SammaeltheDark
Apr 22, 2004, 03:01 PM
On 2004-04-22 08:00, KaFKa wrote:
the yaskimovs always have rifle range, great power, look cool, and actually work like guns.

whats not to like? (and yes, theyve always been popular)

When I teched my Yas 3k I just found recently, I thought it was cool how it uses bullets instead of Photon.. But I don't play RAs. So the Yas was as useful to me as the Spread Needle, Belra's Arm, or Frozen Shooter that I've found with Sammael.

For the record, I didn't know what Purplenums dropped back when I created Sammael. But his drops make good trade bait.
If you don't mind me, I'm headed back to the Mines with Nyare to get more Yas 3ks for trade. ^_^

Cc08
Apr 22, 2004, 04:04 PM
The Yas's look amazingly cool and are useful. I mean, the Yas9kM is ridiculous because of its range/power.

FOAtHeart
Apr 22, 2004, 04:14 PM
oops. i guess i shouldn't have given

my yas7k away then. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

LoreSeeker
Apr 22, 2004, 05:02 PM
There's only one bad thing about the Yas series: they have no special attacks. Not really a big deal though, having extra range is awesome. Also, the ass kickery induced by using uber cool looking guns is well worth not having a special attack.

Ketchup345
Apr 22, 2004, 05:10 PM
On 2004-04-22 08:00, KaFKa wrote:

So even the Yas 2kH has rifle range? That just makes it 2x as sweet as it already is (the look of the scope and laser is awesome, combined with RAmarl handgun animations http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif). Or does the Yas 2kH have Handgun range, and is an exception?

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 22, 2004, 05:14 PM
im pretty sure its only handgun range, the 7000V only has hangun range too,so i dunno what Kafka meant by that...