PDA

View Full Version : Bland And Repetitive

Reality_Check
Apr 22, 2004, 01:47 PM
Hey Everyone,
Aftter a while of playing a lot of PSO, it got really bland and repetitive, so I lent it to a friend for about 1 month-1.5 months, and when i got it back, it had all it's pizzaz back.

Anywho, I was just wondering, how much did they added online so that this wouldn't happen? Because I'm finally (after about 3-4 times of deciding not to) get a BBA, and I don't want to waste an extra $13 cad. (At ;east I think thats the charge) on something that just gets really old, really fast.

VulpesMundi
Apr 22, 2004, 07:48 PM
There's lots of extra stuff online, particularly quests. Take a look at the quest list to see what you've been missing. Oh, and there's also the online versions of Challenge mode and Battle mode if you're into those things. Playing online is generally a whole new experience. You get to meet loads of different people (the good ones help to make the game even better) and learn the quirks of online play like lag and lobby decorations. I hope you enjoy it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Reality_Check
Apr 24, 2004, 08:45 PM
Thanks Vulpes.

Yeah, I like playing battle, but I haven't done any Challenge because nobody wants to try it out with me. And I could imagine a lot of people are online, so it'd be interesting to see whats going on. Plus I hear that levels go a hell of a lot faster.

Also, just another thing I want to ask about... Whats's up with Go-Go Ball? Because it's been bugging me since I bought the game.

VulpesMundi
Apr 26, 2004, 02:13 AM
Gogo Ball is kinda pointless, afaik. The only time I've ever seen people use it (since it's implementation in ver.2) has been out of sheer boredom while lobby ratting. The biggest problem is that it's severely hindered by latency and lag, so there's no real point in competition. Everyone should score the long-distance goal at least once in their PSO career for the hell of it, though. But beyond that expect to probably never bother with it.

Nai_Calus
Apr 26, 2004, 04:09 AM
Yeah, do c-mode, it's loads of fun, even with a team full of incompetent n00bs, half of which are bad for c-mode(I am never playing my FOmar again. XD ...Until the next time. >_>; )... Everything pwns you and nobody listens to you when you tell them where to go and there are a trillion Pan Arms that won't split... XD

And then you have a good team and decent maps and everything gets pwned like you're a team of L200 HUcasts with Tsumikiri J-swords. XD

Mmm, c-mode. >.>;

Swan
Apr 27, 2004, 05:58 PM
Hmm... same thing happened to me. I quit Phantasy Star for a whlie to work on my Gauntlet: Dark Legacy game, and when I picked PSO up after a year or two, It kicked just, if not twice as hard!

PS(O) : Gauntlet is great for offline, orc-breatin' hack n' slash ak-shun!