PDA

View Full Version : It's strange...

Boxblaster666
Apr 22, 2004, 05:48 PM
I find challenge mode long and difficult. How do all you guys do it?

KingChaos
Apr 22, 2004, 05:49 PM
its easy really you may need a good team that dont die to often ect

Boxblaster666
Apr 22, 2004, 08:23 PM
Can someone show me how to do a good challenge run?

SolRiver
Apr 23, 2004, 12:33 AM
To show how? ... I think that will be harder than actually doing the c mode...

The best way is to gather and memeorize as much info as you can, and of course... high combat experience...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2004-04-22 22:34 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Apr 23, 2004, 01:17 AM
Here are the tips that I can offer for you:

The only way that I know that can help you in challenge mode is pick a character you would like to use and learn him/her inside out. I used a HU robot first just to learn a few things, traps are useful, and hp regeneration.

- Learn effectively on how to fight each monster, what combo to use and what not to use. (sometimes the 3 hit combo is somewhat not a good idea to use in certain scenarios, very helpful when someone is fighting a monster, you help them by doing a three hit combo, so the other player can 'reset' and start over again with a new combo until the monster dies)... it's usually nice to share experience, but if it's an enemy that NEEDS to die, kill it.

- Go through the game without using an mates, fluids, or anything. Try to conserve as much as possible. (Know what types of damage the enemy gives to you... only refill when you're in danger of dying from a critical hit)

- Don't feed your mag, and only equip regular wpns (usually better to go with the white than green colored wpns, yes you'll find green colored wpns in cmode) and stick with crappy armor.

- In certain areas it is sometimes wise for a ranger and a hunter to trade mags (hunter = better accuracy & ranger = more damage).

- Items that are dropped on field should somewhat be conserved for those who need it the most. Rangers usually in my opinion need the power materials while magic usually goes to the FO unless you can equip a magic soon.

- Communicate with your friends, but try not to stand in one place for a long time. Use shortcuts, mostly trade stuff before the boss or next area or whenever everyone is gathered around.

- PSOW has some good guides and maps for Cmode. Check this while you run so you know where to go and stuff. Time is of the essense.

- If you can grab four people for Cmode, then yes, if not, three is sufficient, two is hard... one is possible, but extremely hard (haven't gotten this basically having all your players leaving).

- If you are leaving a game on a short notice, tell your teammates your items are now available. It would help your team a lot.

- Note that some enemies have higher priorities than others... Chaos Sorceror > Claw

- Be very careful of traps (some traps robots can't see).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-04-22 23:23 ]</font>

Jazhara
Apr 23, 2004, 06:51 AM
Check around for info on damage cancelling. A huge factor in killing quickly and efficiently in C-mode, and overlooked by many.