PDA

View Full Version : S-Ranks: Is it worth it?

ryuartyi
Apr 22, 2004, 07:34 PM
I've wanted a S-Rank Saber for a long time and I once had a broadband adapter but I didn't have the codes on it. Are the S-Ranks worth paying for another game and the Hunter's Liscense?

edit: I also hope that online mode is a very social place. People hae been telling me it is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ryuartyi on 2004-04-23 17:30 ]</font>

Sef
Apr 22, 2004, 07:39 PM
I don't think, just the S-Ranks alone. There's all sorts of other stuff Online. But the S-Ranks are a nice added feature. They're all yellow...You get to name them whatever you want, providing it fits in the space given. I don't have Online myself, but I've always wanted to get an S-Rank of my own.

VulpesMundi
Apr 22, 2004, 07:42 PM
I would say it depends on what S-rank you intend to get and what class you intend to use it with. Seeing as you said a Saber, I'd say no it's not worth it. There are far better sabers that aren't terribly difficult to find. Red Saber and Ancient Saber are generally the most sought-after saber-class weapons in the game for their decent stats and all-around usefulness. Now if you were to go after, say, an S-rank Slicer (and put either Jellen, Zalure, King's, or Gush on it) for a droid hunter or an S-rank Needle (and put either Jellen, Zalure, King's, or Gush on it) for any ranger, then it might be worth it. But only if it's something that could potentially be useful for the class you intend to give it to.

ryuartyi
Apr 22, 2004, 09:43 PM
Thanks.

TiRune
Apr 23, 2004, 12:49 AM
S-rank twins for Fomar/Fomarl with Geist are very helpfull too o_O

Rain7
Apr 23, 2004, 03:11 AM
I think online challenge mode alone is worth paying for a hunters licence http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

doubletake123
Apr 23, 2004, 06:41 AM
yes it is definatly worth it even better with your choice of the special it has and they look sweet.

Soukosa
Apr 23, 2004, 11:58 AM
The S-Rank Saber is the 3rd strongest saber in the game, once it's fully ground. I say it's worthwhile since you can put custom specials on it, but the inability to have Hit, may make it hard to use those specials.

Hrith
Apr 23, 2004, 12:55 PM
On 2004-04-23 09:58, Sounomi wrote:
The S-Rank Saber is the 3rd strongest saber in the game, once it's fully ground. I say it's worthwhile since you can put custom specials on it, but the inability to have Hit, may make it hard to use those specials.

That and the fact that Katana and Claw are strictly better, maybe ST thought the Saber animation is better an reduced it's ATP =/

THOMAS_LARS
Apr 23, 2004, 01:37 PM
Yes and no the good thing is that they are very powerful but they also look like the dumbest things ever they look normal.