PDA

View Full Version : Rate/help me with my deck

StrongBad
Apr 22, 2004, 11:00 PM
I thought up a new deck that I think would be pretty good if I had all the cards. I have most of them though.

Character: Silfer
Daggers-3
Akiko Wok Set(the dagger one)-3
Twin Chakram-3
Mag-3
Saber Dance-3
Brave Wind-3
Shifta-3
Defence-9

It's an all dagger deck. The mags, saber dances, brave winds, and shiftas just power them up. The only problem is that I only have 2 Saber Dances and no Brave Winds or Shiftas. Is it a good idea?

Boxblaster666
Apr 22, 2004, 11:06 PM
Where are your defense cards?

StrongBad
Apr 22, 2004, 11:12 PM
Defence-9

The last thing on the list.

Boxblaster666
Apr 22, 2004, 11:21 PM
you mean 9 defense cards?

Sharkyland
Apr 23, 2004, 01:48 AM
What are you defense cards, and I would suggest a shield (2 cost, 6hp) when you can't pull out a good def card (leaving you with 3 3 or 2 2 2)

HaLLa
Apr 23, 2004, 03:30 AM
I think hes just giving his main idea for the deck and not the full deck. Hes asking if you like his ideas

Stricker
Apr 23, 2004, 10:20 AM
I had a deck like that before. Heres the problem. The are daggers so you wont be able to use action cards. Therefore you wont be able to hit more than 1 oponent per attack making your deck useless again arks decks or decks with Guykild. Keep that in mind. You might want to use some swords or mechguns in your deck to mantain a balance.

In other words, That deck its not good. -_-

HaLLa
Apr 23, 2004, 12:56 PM
I would throw in an action disruptor mag or shield or whatever. To help against the fos and to keep your daggers around longer.

Stricker
Apr 23, 2004, 01:33 PM
On 2004-04-23 10:56, HaLLa wrote:
I would throw in an action disruptor mag or shield or whatever. To help against the fos and to keep your daggers around longer.

A shield in this case. A mag wont protect the daggers. You can use Genbu then. But its a little expensive.

Look, this was my deck. I had mags and a few low cost daggers and barriers. I cast muscular that give 1 atk to all items and creatures (including mars). The mags will get stronger and me as well. So I do 10 (x2) damage average. It was a great idea really. But then I realised that I can atk 1 oponnent per atk, so If an ark sorround me with low cost cretures I was doomed.

So I still think you should include other weapons, not just daggers.

Nie
Apr 23, 2004, 07:16 PM
I like the idea of the steady damage and no need for Action Cards.
I don't use dagger decks for a few reasons.
1.The oppent always knows how much damage making it easy for antiicpation and blocking.
2.While the ability to do tons of damage is nice it doesn't help if you need to hit more than one creature or person. (also if you run up against a spam deck you'd get owned)
3. This is in my mind the biggest Con. It's very easy to block ALL damage from a dagger, All you need is a guard or protect and it eats these alive.

I like the idea of it, just I suggest thinking of what can happen in your WORSE case senrio.