PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* ..... Infinite stupidity.

WraithVerge
Apr 22, 2004, 11:28 PM
First off, I'm going to start this off with a quote.

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

By now, you all probably have heard of this epidemic called "stupidity". We all succumb to it once in a while, but there are some who seem to have it as a chronic illness.

[story mode]
Ok so I'm driving up to a job interview today on a 5-lane highway and I flip on my blinker and get into the right lane. The guy in front of me starts slowing down, flips on his blinker, and stops. He just sits there for FIVE minutes in the middle of the highway. People start honking their horns and the guy behind me holds up everyone's favorite finger. I return the gesture with a smile and wait for the guy ahead of me to turn. Ah, HE TURNS! I accelerate from 0-30 in a second.

I'm picking up speed and cruising along when the guy that's behind me starts to pass me. Instead of driving on by, he matches my speed and begins to initiate a not-so-friendly conversation (FUCKITY BLAH BLAH BLAH FUCK YOU YOU AHOLE!). My window's down and my left arm is hanging out, so I gladly offer him my condolences (Read between the lines, buddy!).

About that time I notice the light ahead turns red and the car in front of me slowing down. The car in front of him starts slowing down too, but he doesn't notice. While he's still rampaging on, I point towards the front of his car. He turns, screams, and slams into the back of the car in front of him and causes a six car pile up.

Needless to say, I could not help but laugh. I laughed and laughed and laughed until I had to pull over and take a deep breathe. Luckily no one was hurt.[/story mode]

Weeeee! What fun it is to be stupid! So, I get to the workplace (which is a water park) and I notice the bright blue sign that states the rules. GET THIS! "There is WATER at this water park! Watch your step!" At first I thought this was stupid, but then realized that SOME STUPID BASTARD would probably attempt to sue them cause he/she slipped in puddle and broke a leg or something. GOOD GOD! YOU DON'T GO TO A PLACE CALLED "WATERVILLE" AND SUE THE COMPANY CAUSE YOU'RE TOO STUPID TO NOTICE THAT THE CONCRETE IS GOING TO BE SLIPPERY!!

It's the damn "McDonalds made me fat!" and the "This coffee is too hot and it burned my crotch and gave me 1st degree burns. I'm SUEING!" all over again....

CITIZENS OF THE WORLD! If you have chronic stupidity, I HAVE THE CURE FOR YOU! Cyanidrol! Proven to cure all forms of stupidity! Results occur almost instantly! NO MESS, NO FUSS!*

*Side effects include one extremely long lasting sleep...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2004-04-22 21:29 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2004-04-22 21:32 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Apr 23, 2004, 02:17 AM
Yeah, I totally agree with you. Though there is a quote by PT Barnum which I still need to find and that is 'people has made tons of money off people's stupidity' (well, I guess that doesn't relate)

Though I guess everyone is fragile and everyone needs to be taken care of (so when we make mistakes it's not our fault). We sometimes work too quickly and we don't stop to smell the roses (or read between the lines) and then we complain why we were not told about this.

I think the valid arguement is divide stupidity and common sense and where to draw the line. I know there are some people in this world wanting to just make money off suing.

Stuff like this, makes me want to hate mankind sometimes.

KodiaX987
Apr 23, 2004, 07:16 AM
As Scott Adams said: "There are two types of people. There are the smart and handsome ones like you and me, and then there's the six billion dumbshits populating the earth."

WraithVerge
Apr 23, 2004, 03:28 PM
Well, one thing's for sure, whenever I'm around stupid people, it makes me feel a whole lot smarter than I probably am. Also, life might be boring w/o them, but a whole let less stressful....

Kupi
Apr 23, 2004, 07:26 PM
The only two points of contention I can make against your post are:

1) In the coffee incident, the person who had the coffee spilled on them was reluctant to sue, as they admitted that the spill was their fault, and the suit was over the coffee being some 40 degrees above regulation "holding" temperature. McDonalds had a history of complaints for that sort of offense as well. It's not that the coffee was spilled or that it was hot, but that they were keeping it far beyond what they were supposed to, and at a high enough temperature to cause the 1st degree burns you mentioned. Of course, I can't cite this as absolute fact since I haven't got a source; this is what I heard in a tangent discussion at slashdot.org. They have the most fascinating tangents over there.

2) I'd say "offering your condolences" might have aided in distracting the man who had the collision. Rudeness is about as epidemic in this country as stupidity, and the two often get confused.

I must admit, though, that your main point is quite substantial, and that common sense is most pitifully absent in many instances.

Aunt_Betty
Apr 23, 2004, 08:12 PM
The McDonlds thing is so funny it's practicly enough to stab the first person who sued them in the face. If you look down and can't see your feet and all you have been eating is McDonold's meals, don't sue them, it's your fault that you can't judge who much you eat.

WraithVerge
Apr 24, 2004, 10:35 AM
On 2004-04-23 17:26, Kupi wrote:

2) I'd say "offering your condolences" might have aided in distracting the man who had the collision. Rudeness is about as epidemic in this country as stupidity, and the two often get confused.

Your probably right, but its too late for me to worry bout it now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Daikarin
Apr 24, 2004, 10:58 AM
http://www.twomanyissues.com/images/dumb.jpg

There are many causes for this. Parents, unneficient school system, and the dumb people themselves. I believe the problem should be at the root, when people are kids. Somehow, whether by parental or school education, they need some moral basis so that they don't grow up to become complete idiots.

DarthFomar
Apr 24, 2004, 11:06 AM
Yes I also hate really stupid ppl...this cashier at wal-mart the other day made us *several lined up ppl* wait in that line for 15 minutes because, now you have to pay for cigarettes on isle 19, wtf. So I waited on that stupid bastard to buy his damn cigarettes for over 20 minutes...and here is the irony...I was third in line, and it was possibly the shorted line in the store...so I HAD to wait...what a crock. Both the man buying the cigarettes, cashier *who just stood there and did nothing staring into space while we waited for the other cashier to get the man some cigs*; oh and wal-mart are morons.

There isn't it a lovely day when a moron *ucks it up... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

p.s. it truly is hard to find good help THESE days...now just about everywhere you go, something goes wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-04-26 10:27 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Apr 25, 2004, 12:06 AM
ummm most of the time...those who are stupid don't realize they are and call others stupid in long drawn out paragrapgical form.

Sord
Apr 25, 2004, 12:20 AM
On 2004-04-24 22:06, DurakkenX wrote:
ummm most of the time...those who are stupid don't realize they are and call others stupid in long drawn out paragrapgical form.

"most of the time" being the key words though, and he said everyone was prone to stupidity, and everyone also includes one's self, so if your dissing the starter of the thread, what's the point of that post, as it doesn't really "show him up" per say? Or if your just pointing out that most people who are stupid call other people stupid, then why didn't you make it that clear in the first place?

Any how, this reminds me of a story I read today. Some people may have recieved it in e-mails, though I got this while I was at my friends this weekend. Anyways, here it is:

A guy buys an extremely expensive box of cigars, and places burning inssurance on the cigars. So, naturally, the guy smokes them, and then asks for insurance money because he had flame insurance on them (or whatever the proper term for insurance on something burning.) Obviously, the company refused. The guy took the company to court, and the court ruled that since the contract never defined "harmful burning" that the company should pay. Well, instead of having long drawn out law suites, the company paid the guy $15,000. They then turned around and sued the guy for [insert number of cigars, i think it was 25 or 12] small arsons and insurance fraud. The man was sent to jail, and fined $25,000 to the insurance company.

SpikeOtacon
Apr 25, 2004, 12:23 AM
On 2004-04-24 22:20, Sord wrote:

A guy buys an extremely expensive box of cigars, and places burning inssurance on the cigars. So, naturally, the guy smokes them, and then asks for insurance money because he had flame insurance on them (or whatever the proper term for insurance on something burning.) Obviously, the company refused. The guy took the company to court, and the court ruled that since the contract never defined "harmful burning" that the company should pay. Well, instead of having long drawn out law suites, the company paid the guy $15,000. They then turned around and sued the guy for [insert number of cigars, i think it was 25 or 12] small arsons and insurance fraud. The man was sent to jail, and fined $25,000 to the insurance company.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

WraithVerge
Apr 25, 2004, 12:28 AM
On 2004-04-24 22:06, DurakkenX wrote:

I'm going to take this as a joke whether you meant it to be an insult or not. Cause what I REALLY want to say won't be appropriate (and would be stupid since I'd probably break every forum rule).

As Sord has pointed out, I've already said that everyone does stupid things, but SOME do it ALL the time. I myself MAY not be the smartest thing on two feet, but I know for a fact that I'm not completely brainless. Go ahead and say all the BS you want; Not something I'm going to care about one year from now.

lol I remember reading about this. Funny stuff http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2004-04-24 22:31 ]</font>

DOG21313
Apr 26, 2004, 09:54 PM
On 2004-04-24 08:58, Even_Jin wrote:

Hah! I was just watching that movie about 15 minutes ago. =)

Anyways, there seems to be a large populaton of "not too clever" people at our school. =/ Gets me really mad and sometimes I end up thinking about killing things because of it. <.<

If it weren't for video games, i would have nothing to take my anger out on! =D

Sord
Apr 27, 2004, 03:33 AM
On 2004-04-26 19:54, DOG21313 wrote:

On 2004-04-24 08:58, Even_Jin wrote:

Anyways, there seems to be a large populaton of "not too clever" people at our school. =/ Gets me really mad and sometimes I end up thinking about killing things because of it. <.<

I am not alone! My list currently consists of almost all my class mates. Serously, how can you not know what still art is, even though we have done 2 this year, and the curiculum has it set for two still art projects every year?! God these kids are stupid, then you have Michael, the class dumbass (i gave him that name, everyone hates him and detests him. he's one of those people that is so pathetic, stupid, and ignorant, it is often hard to find what to say in terms of a diss when he acts that way, which is most of the time. I mean, he'll sit there and argue with you that 6x6=64, WTF?!)

DOG21313
Apr 27, 2004, 07:52 PM
On 2004-04-27 01:33, Sord wrote:
God these kids are stupid, then you have Michael, the class dumbass (i gave him that name, everyone hates him and detests him. he's one of those people that is so pathetic, stupid, and ignorant, it is often hard to find what to say in terms of a diss when he acts that way, which is most of the time. I mean, he'll sit there and argue with you that 6x6=64, WTF?!)

Heh, sounds like a person at our school named Clark. Incredibly stupid most of the time... heh, a friend of mine was telling me just today that he saw Clark run and jump though a crowd of people to get a dime. What the heck!? Its a freakin dime!

He does things like that a lot. x.X

DarthFomar
Apr 27, 2004, 09:26 PM
Also...if you think about it, some stupid ppl really aren't stupid they are just mentally challenged. But you can always spot the *stupid* stupid ones...*I've seen someone touch the coils on a stove while they were on, lmao*. I've also seen a guy ride off of his roof on a bike...ouch *:???:*. Sometimes they are *dares* but there comes a time when it's not a game...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-04-27 19:27 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Apr 27, 2004, 09:34 PM
On 2004-04-27 19:26, DarthFomar wrote:
Also...if you think about it, some stupid ppl really aren't stupid they are just mentally challenged.

You're not being politically correct, you're just negatively eloquent.

Come on!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

DarthFomar
Apr 27, 2004, 09:38 PM
On 2004-04-27 19:34, KodiaX987 wrote:

On 2004-04-27 19:26, DarthFomar wrote:
Also...if you think about it, some stupid ppl really aren't stupid they are just mentally challenged.

You're not being politically correct, you're just negatively eloquent.

Come on!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Lol...oh well, that's the way the stupids crumble. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif