PDA

View Full Version : Kibou unleashed - Rate this deck

Sharkyland
Apr 23, 2004, 01:00 AM
SIL'FER

This has become my main HU deck based off my favorite virtue, 'Hope'. I usually can rampage everything through story mode 'cept for Pollux (haven't tried Ampli Umbra yet 'cause of dumb Arkz storyline). I feel like I should have a big bad ass card in there, but I decided not too. I think I do more damage when I have more than two wpns equipped. I've seen various weakness in this deck like how it does against magic, and I couldn't do much about the Custom Rav V.00 and Custom Barrier V.00 combo (seriously I think that combo is sick, sick, sick)... but the guy I had playing this combo had his exp bar to +2 halfway to +3 O_o, so I was screwed until time ran out where he had more HP than I had.

This deck has been constantly changing once I get new cards, but this is what I have right now. My friend plays as an Arkz character (mainly Break) while I play this deck and I've been tweaking it to match his and it does fairly well. Though I still want your opinions...

I'm currently 61% complete.

Items
-------
1x Saber
1x Kaladbolg
1x Dagger
1x Wok Set
1x Vjaya (Spinning Doohickey)
1x Double Saber
1x Supressed Gun
1x Shield
1x Mag

Action
--------
1x Slash
1x Round Slay
1x Assault
1x Split Boost
1x Ghost Blast (Card, still in question)
1x Punch
1x Acid
1x Lock On 2
1x HP Attack
1x Dodge
1x Guard
1x Resist
1x Protect (Only crappy card in single player mode)
2x Reduce (Didn't know I had two)
1x SW Guard
1x Punch Guard
1x TP Def
1x Inversion (Has worked 2 out of 25 times, rough estimate)
1x Decline

Assist
-------
1x Assist Vanish (I dislike certain assist cards, so I use this)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-04-23 08:45 ]</font>

Stricker
Apr 23, 2004, 10:25 AM
Whats the theme of the deck?

Sharkyland
Apr 23, 2004, 10:29 AM
Are decks suppose to have a 'theme' to them. I see why it is called 'basic'. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-04-23 08:30 ]</font>

Stricker
Apr 23, 2004, 10:40 AM
Well what do you want? Just an opinion? I only see a lot of diferent cards in your deck! You didnt even tell us which HU character are you using with that deck! My suggestion is to get more cards and do a deck with a theme and ask specific questions like "Which action cards should I use with this deck?" or things like that.

If you have a specific question you can PM me.

Zalana
Apr 23, 2004, 10:40 AM
I don't like this deck because it seems to low-cost to me w. I don't like low-cost decks because their low in damage an HP. Some of the Defense cards are ok though.

Out of 10 I rate this deck 5.5 out of 10.

Sharkyland
Apr 23, 2004, 10:45 AM
Oops, it's a Sil'fer deck (I thought I put it up there) x_x Sorry.

Stricker
Apr 23, 2004, 10:49 AM
Oh ok. Well I still say you need to get more cards. 1 of each wont work at all. Just get more cards and include in that deck the ones you think work the most. For example: if you only use conversion 2 of each 25, take it out and include more TP defense which work almost everytime. (ALMOST)

Just keep practicing and you will figure out which cards work better in that deck, because they also depends on the weapons and in the main char.

Malkavian
Apr 23, 2004, 11:26 AM
You need more items. 9 items can be ok for a deck with high cost items or that it relies in a specific item ability, and you want to equip that item.
Yours are all low cost. I would add something like another mag and 2 more guns, prolly mechguns.
Remove 1 def card. Conversion for example. And 2 AC cards. I don't think you need HP Attack on your deck. It's only decent on supressed gun and vjaya. Ghost Blast is not too useful neither.

And well many other options are possible. IMO what I just said gives better balance and effectiveness to your deck.

Nai_Calus
Apr 23, 2004, 06:25 PM
How do you not spend five consecutive turns naked? Hell, half the deck I usually use is weapons, and I still have times where I'll get EVERY tech, def and the solitary assist and action cards before a weapon and spend a good 3 or 4 turns naked. -_-;;;

Skorpius
Apr 23, 2004, 09:15 PM
If you order your deck to have a random setting, the shuffle should give you an item card 1 out of every 3 cards if you use 10 items.

I mean no offense with these statements:
I have seen decks like this so many times. It really isn't new, nor creative, but mearly using "what is good". Granted it is effecient and gets the job done, but you aren't going to stand out from the rest of the group that uses decks like these.

Sharkyland
Apr 24, 2004, 01:04 AM
Eh, I'm still tweaking it. It's actually pretty good with me though there are a few things that I want to change. (There are times when I have been naked for a while, but that didn't stop me.) This deck I found is rather good in story mode but it doesn't do quite as well in 3,3 mode and Pollux.

Like I said, I revolve this deck around my friend's deck who basically does the heavy damage while I just go in and peck at the opponent's stuff from time to time.

I know I can't do 20+ damage here and there, but I don't know anything that is up that high besides a Belra.

Yes, I'm the type of person who sees that my decks works, it works. I don't try to add special things to it to make it unique, probably when I figure out a good strategy with new cards I'm getting, probably yes, I'll change it, but when your deck revolves around fighting computers (like Saligun/Guykild, Rem/Break, Silfer/KC, and Vivana/Memoru) I don't see why it is great to equip such high cost when fighting Saligun and Guykild... (and no I don't have certain cards).

Currently, I just know the basic stuff. I'm not advanced as some of you guys are, and I'm just 'simple'.

Kanore
Apr 24, 2004, 09:45 AM
On 2004-04-23 08:40, Zalana wrote:
I don't like this deck because it seems to low-cost to me w. I don't like low-cost decks because their low in damage an HP. Some of the Defense cards are ok though.

Out of 10 I rate this deck 5.5 out of 10.

Of course, if you put more high-cost then low-cost, you're gonna have a problem...

But yes, too much low-cost. Alot of Low-cost belongs in FO spamming decks.

Sharkyland
Apr 24, 2004, 02:56 PM
Um, when you say high cost cards, do you mean like 4 or higher because I don't seem view these pretty well since the highest you can have are 8 points

Four cost: 4 1 1 1 1, 4 1 1 2, 4 1 3, 4 2 2, or 4 4
Five cost: 5 1 1, 5 1 2, or 5 3

Now this is which I really seem to look down upon, sure you can do serious damage with these when you can equip them, but you can't seem to do much attacks.

Six cost: 6 1 1 or 6 2
Seven cost: 7 1

---

So my question is, what's the point of high cost cards? Just have it so it's a hard time for people to pick your health down when doing time battles (so you have higher hp then the opponent... I'm really curious on your opinions of this matter.

Skorpius
Apr 24, 2004, 03:04 PM
L Rank Guard, Minor Damager, L Rank Damager, L rank Halfguard, Minor Halfguard, Minor Death...etc etc
Add higher costs and Virus/Avert/Saligun wont be a problem

navci
Apr 24, 2004, 03:09 PM
Take my Remy deck for example. It focuses on physical attacks. Since there is a A/T switch every turn I have to pick weapons that has decent AP and TP so when the switch comes, I can still take advantage of it.

Higher cost weapons usually have:
1. more HP
2. more TP
3. some useful ability (or not useful, but .. abilities)

For example: Red Saber - 4 cost - 8 HP, + 3 AP.
Usaful abilities : Drop and low cost half guard.
It can take a hell of a beating from low costs before it dies. And it adds decent attack power and might even lower the power of your enemies!

High costs has its use. Of course, you'll need your dice to use it. But once you get it on, it's useful.

For things like 6 or 7 costs.... I don't think they are good solo. But if you can bring them out, it's gonna be a pain in the ass to have to deal with them.

(example: C-Sorcerer's Cane)

Having a bunch of low cost make you suceptable to things like Virus, or Gi/Razonde. Which can kill everything you have on in one strike, and severely hurt you. So... yes. low cost vs high cost. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif my 2 cents.

Sharkyland
Apr 24, 2004, 03:36 PM
The only high cost card was was in my previous deck, was red sword (along with chainsawd)... drop was a nice option (even if it took me a while to understand it) though 4 would probably be the highest as for the other cards... (elysion looks nice as well)...

Though some problems with me is that it's so difficult to do atks on people who equip more stuff on the field (having someone equip like 6 wpns in a row and you have to destroy each, like say you do 20dmg...

And if you have a high wpn and no way to defend, it will be soon be defeated and then you'll have to find another wpn to equip.

---

I understand the mages because some of the attacks does ramage as wpn depicting that you get good dice rolls to cast them. But when you're not a magic person, you find yourself relying on your wpns to dmg. I'm pretty sure everyone has good defense cards, and certain attks will just be cancelled out sometimes on the first turn... though I then to attk with a weird order so that certain will have to think on what to defend against.

navci
Apr 24, 2004, 03:41 PM
On 2004-04-24 13:36, Sharkyland wrote:
I understand the mages because some of the attacks does ramage as wpn depicting that you get good dice rolls to cast them. But when you're not a magic person, you find yourself relying on your wpns to dmg. I'm pretty sure everyone has good defense cards, and certain attks will just be cancelled out sometimes on the first turn... though I then to attk with a weird order so that certain will have to think on what to defend against.

You have a point. Solo tourney Ino'lis is hard to beat for this reason. She does have a million things equipted and such. But I can use Punch on her and she be naked, and almost dead.

I suppose every way of playing has its risks, it's more just which way you wanna risk it. You have seen me in play, you know I have all these glorious plans but roll 1-1 and can't attack, nor defend myself. But I still choose to use a red saber just cuz if they kill my high cost, that's still 1 HP lost, with my kinda luck and low costs, an opponent can prolly kill 4 of my weapons and hit me in a turn if I had low costs.

Hehe.

Malkavian
Apr 25, 2004, 11:13 AM
The way to defeat a multiequipper is using rampage cards, not attacking each item at once.
And it can be ok a deck with only low costers but then you need more items on your deck. Since you can equip more at once and they are destroyed faster than higher costers. And like you said, if you ant to have many weapons on with only 9 on your deck is not possible.