PDA

View Full Version : PSOX-US: Ideal Weapons/Gear

Sitka
Apr 23, 2004, 08:15 AM
I've seen the PSO page "Suggested Ideal Equipment" posted on the PSOWorld website:(http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=717)and I've seen threads on what people wear on their characters now. Since that ideal equipment posting, new weapons have been introduced/found and many people have had the opportunity to try so called ideal weapons (i.e. summit moon, hildebears head, psycho wand etc...). If you were to break down your ideal weapons and gear now, what would you choose for your various characters? What would you set out to hunt for if it would, in your opinion, make your character complete. My two primary characters are shooters (Racast & Ramarl) and I love the ability to stand back and freeze enemies without risking an Ob Lily attack from the rear, particularly offline.Even online, the frozen shooter and snow queen are great because I can freeze enemies for my partners to get their hits on and we all gain in experience equally. On my Dreamcast and Gamecube Fonewearls, I was partial to Hildebear's Head and Summit Moon and I like the Twinkle Star for my Fonewm. As my current Fonewearl is only at 56, I have yet to get her up to using anything other than a Hildebear's Head yet, but I'm curious if searching out an exotic like Psycho Wand is worth the effort. I have a Hucast that's only at level 7 right now, so he'll be the next one to come up and I set him up with a Redria ID as my first three characters are Skyly, Purplenum and Pinkal. If I look down the line, is Redria a good ID for a Hucast (better armour/gear), or would he be better off being developed as a Greenill or Viridia. I realize that people have certain styles of play that are better suited to various weapons, but I am interested in seeing opinions from various players, particularly those of you who have played the game long enough to fully test many of the ultra rare weapons and gear.

Siris
Apr 23, 2004, 09:04 AM
I guess it just depends on your playing style. Those guides are great for people starting out until they find their own style and learn more about the game though. My HUnes fav weapons for the most part right now are Red Sword, BKB, Holy Ray (for tower runs) and of course a good pair of Charge Vulcans...easily one of the greatest weapons in the game for many classes. I generally equip a God Ability (awesome for HUnes), God Battle (once you equip one it usually stays there permanently lol), God/Power, and usually some kind of cure slot. I need to pipe for another God/Power for her too. As for armor and shields she tends to change them to go with the outfit and Sato of the week (She also chooses weapons somtimes by this) because she's a high enough level to get away with it...she's girly yes but, she owns. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Siris on 2004-04-23 07:15 ]</font>