PDA

View Full Version : Quick Input... Experienced players only please...

JGaff
Apr 23, 2004, 09:45 AM
This is for the experienced, knowledgable player only. If you don't have a player on Ultimate, or a player over level 100, don't make a reply unless you know what the hell you're talking about.That being said...

Here are some of the items I was hunting down; could you fill me in our your experience on obtaining them?

-Flame Visit for my bro (Using my Hucast 125+ by the time he gets the Viridia HUmar to Ultimate ruins)
-Red Scorpio for him as well (there are many ways to get it, The Three section Id's that would be feasible are Bluefull, Skyly, and Viridia , though I do have a Pinkal FO)
-Red Sword: Discuss as needed
-Parts of Baranz: Odds good or bad?
-The 75' Agito (REAL)

*Edit:*
-Sealed J Sword: Discuss options on this beauty too
-Zanba: "Ditto"

*Back to Original post*
Getting into the armor Dept., I was wondering whether or not I should replace my Attribute wall (which I find is excellent) for a D-Parts andriod shield on my main? I have a 3 slot Armor/frame D-part, but If I have both, do I get a bonus? I know the Attribute Wall gives resistances, which can save me from Megid, Grants, and Freezing? I'll need more input into this...

Another important thing you need to know...

All four of the charcaters in Question are offline, here are their section ID's and levels (So you can make a better judgement

Gaffer: Bluefull: HUcast: 125+
Gaffero Skyly: RAmar: 100+
Gaf: Viridia: HUmar: 68+
Gandalf: Pinkal: FOmar: 38

That was alot, but I think some of us here can handle that barrage of questions. I'm hoping for some good answers. My bro registered here yesterday, I've been registered for awhile. He might post too (name should be obvious)

Thanks,

*Wait begins*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JGaff on 2004-04-23 08:57 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JGaff on 2004-04-23 15:50 ]</font>

JGaff
Apr 23, 2004, 11:05 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^ Example of what NOT TO DO http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^

(*edit* Post was deleted, disregard most of this post)

If I wanted textbook learning, I'd have already checked the database. I'm not that thick. Rather, i was after practical knowledge and experience in which players have. Maybe one or two of the questions might be answered that way, but for most of them I need an experienced player's feedback.

Try again...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JGaff on 2004-04-23 16:38 ]</font>

Jae
Apr 23, 2004, 11:07 AM
To be honest, I have no clue what you're asking. Well other than the D-Parts bonus thing (and I don't know if there is a bonus heh), I didn't see any questions in your post.

But if you're trying to figure out what character to use to get the items you named, just use a DROP CHART (http://faqs.ign.com/articles/393/393635p1.html) to figure out which one will be easiest for you.

Your characters are all still relatively "young", so don't expect it to be an easy ride getting all of that stuff. Be patient and just hunt hunt hunt.

*edit*

FYI only Skyly finds the Sealed J from Gi-Gue and you might be looking for that Zanba forever since you could probably count the number of Sinow Zeles in offline Seabed on one hand... unless you make a Yellowboze which gets Zanba from Sinow Zoa (not a huge improvement either). Skyly is also your best bet for Red Sword and Pinkal probably has the "easiest" time for the '75 Agito.

The rest, I dunno. I stumble upon Red Scorpios sometimes as Greennill and throw them away lol, but I never bothered to look for a Flame Visit or Parts of Baranz.

PS... the guides do in fact have the answers to your questions. A lot of the bitter veterans on here would normally flame you for refusing to use them. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jae on 2004-04-23 09:26 ]</font>

psoDCforever
Apr 23, 2004, 11:23 AM
sorry i misunderstood your post http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif it won't happen again

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 23, 2004, 11:33 AM
i dont get it either, are you lookin for those weapons you posted about? you want to know which ID's find em or how rare they are, as in drope rates?
By the way i can answer one of your questions, Attribute wall is great but you only really need it maybe when fightin a certain boss or a level that has enemies casting all sorts of magic on you, but other than that theres better armors out there with more defense & evasion,you dont always need great resistancies,and basically all Attribute wall is good for is resistancies, i only use it when fightign Dark Falz, thats it. I use S-parts Ver2.01 since it raises an extra 15 ATA past Max Stats.
If you want lots of defense or evasion go with either standstill shield or secure feet,theres a bunch of other shield too...kasami bracer or Shield of Delsaber which i think is the koolest lookin shield in the game.

VioletSkye
Apr 23, 2004, 11:44 AM
I gotta agree with Jae on this one. I didn't see any questions to answer or really anything to discuss either. As was already mentioned, look at the drop charts and see which has the easiest drop for your chars. The rest is all luck. A thousand people can post in here about there personal experience finding item x or y and it won't mean a thing when you go after those items yourself. The drop charts are accurate, so it will give you a good idea of which section IDs are better suited (more realistic) to drop the item you want.

D Parts have no bonuses just because you have both of them. As for helping with Megid, Brightness Circle is a great armor for EDK resistance (highest in the game.) Although a found armor will generally have better stats, you can pretty easily make one (using a Spirit Garment) which will still result in a great armor that is useable by any class. The only downside to your hunting for it, is that you don't have an ID that easily obtains it. The Delsaber set is a realistic find and it gives a great EDK resistance as well. As for other resistances, check the Item Comparison chart.

Anyway, as was already mentioned, check the drop charts to get an idea of the possibility for a specific drop. I'm sure many members have persoanl stories about their hunt for those items (which is great) but like I said, it won't mean anything to you in terms of your finding them.

THOMAS_LARS
Apr 23, 2004, 01:47 PM
red scorpio for a viridia isnt the greatest weapon but it would be most appropriate weapon for a midd.LVL ranger but if your looking for something good I would go for a final Impact thats what I used. And the agito 75 is a very good weapon but very difficult to find but well worth it. Those 2 are the only ones Ive seen myself.

Jae
Apr 23, 2004, 02:24 PM
I agree. By the time you can actually GET a Red Scorpio, it's very underpowered and ends up to be crappy in Ultimate. For my RA, I used a Final Impact until I found my Spread Needle and acquired a Frozen Shooter. As ugly as they are, I love Final Impacts.

Dragon_Ash
Apr 23, 2004, 03:34 PM
i think he/she might be asking experienced players with those ID's, and how hard they are to get from the ID's he mentioned... that's all i can think of sorry http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Gaffero
Apr 23, 2004, 03:48 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^ Bingo http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^

My bro wanted input to whether or not getting these items would be a decent idea. His questions was implied with the "was", but I can see how it was missed.

I'm his brother for that matter..

We would like to know some of the odds we're against on these items. The sealed J is 1/12,603 or so, We were curious as to some personal accounts and and comparisons. As mentioned, we can't go online, so no exchanging photon drops. I was interested in seeing if anyone ever got a flame visit, or whether it was worth the effort. I aslo wanted to know why everyone figures the guides have all the answers. I've read drop frequency charts, drop findings, excavation reports, ( and that's good and fine), but I feel there is much more to be elearned by asking a question (or at least, in my brother's case, trying to imply one)

For the people posting after this post:

Read what items we're after. We can rule out D-Parts, seeing as that has been taken care of. We're still interested in seeing what everyone else has to say about the other boxes we're hunting

Dragon_Ash
Apr 23, 2004, 04:00 PM
well, i could only comment on a few of these items as far as searching for them is concerned.

Red scorpio - is pretty dam easy from viridia rappies, i'm sick of getting them, so that would be th easiest way if you want one badly, otherwise just try another enemy

Red sword, pretty easy drop from skyly compared to some of the other ID's, and has a lot of power and is supposedly ugly http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Baranz parts, they are supposedly easy to get but i haven't ocme across them as yet...

75 agito, couldn't really say anything about that other than pinkal or whitill have the easiest chances of the ID's that find it

Sealed-J... to find this baby, you need mopre than lady luck on your side to find it... i have still not yet found mine... but it's more than worth the effort.. or so i hear.

Zanba, kick@ss sword with a good special, looks pretty neat to me, but it's quite hard to get, but i'd say Zoa's are the easiest thing to kill for it

DezoPenguin
Apr 23, 2004, 04:23 PM
On 2004-04-23 13:48, Gaffero wrote:
I aslo wanted to know why everyone figures the guides have all the answers. I've read drop frequency charts, drop findings, excavation reports, ( and that's good and fine), but I feel there is much more to be elearned by asking a question (or at least, in my brother's case, trying to imply one)

Well, the guides by themselves don't have all the answers. But when I combine Sounomi's drop-rate charts (taken directly from the game's code) and combine them with the enemy-counts guides (which are hidden in the "Maps" section for non-quest runs, btw), I can figure out the exact percentage chance I have of scoring a particular item on a particular run. I mean, hey, I'd love to own a Psycho Wand for my Force, but I can tell that it just isn't worth the effort to hunt for one.

As for why I trust the guides and not the questions, I've said it before and I'll say it again: people's experiences have little statistical significance given the odds we're dealing with. After all, what I care about is what's worth looking for in my own life. If I know that it's a 50/50 coin flip (1/2) chance of getting a Guard Wave off a Pal Rappy, then I'm going to take the time and effort to pipe for them with my RAmar. Likewise, if you wanted to find a Gobooma's Claw (I know you don't, but it's the only ultra-rare I've found ^_^), it doesn't matter to you that I somehow hit that 1/20k+ chance to grab one in Whitill Normal Forest when a quick look at the drop-rate charts will tell you that emulating me is not the way to spend your time, and that there are better ways to spend your time.

Finally, asking for people's experiences is how myths get started--the obvious one being the "beat time theory" (no, I *won't* get started on that ^_^) but there are others. The human mind is psychologically trained to seek patterns, and it will therefore find them, even if those patterns are merely coincidence. Information taken from the game's actual code cannot be wrong (unless the person deciphering that information is him/herself inept or a liar...had to mention that to be fair).

Jae
Apr 23, 2004, 04:38 PM
Good points Dezo, well said. Just because one person has had luck fall in their favor, doesn't mean it'll go the same way for the next person. Game data doesn't lie.

JGaff
Apr 23, 2004, 05:27 PM
Well, I was looking for some encouragement actually in this instance. You seem to know a bit more than I do. Is it possible for me to decipher or uncover the exact odds of getting some of these items (not using the vague star system, but a fraction would be good)

~JGaff~

NVM: Here is a great site I had no idea about, this is the kind of guide I needed, but it doesn't carry confirms. I want to here from more people though...

http://www.housoka.com/pso

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JGaff on 2004-04-23 15:31 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Apr 23, 2004, 06:00 PM
On 2004-04-23 15:27, JGaff wrote:
Well, I was looking for some encouragement actually in this instance. You seem to know a bit more than I do. Is it possible for me to decipher or uncover the exact odds of getting some of these items (not using the vague star system, but a fraction would be good)

~JGaff~

NVM: Here is a great site I had no idea about, this is the kind of guide I needed, but it doesn't carry confirms. I want to here from more people though...

http://www.housoka.com/pso

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JGaff on 2004-04-23 15:31 ]</font>

it doesn't need to have any confirms. The numbers are taken from the actual game file that is on the disk. Therefore it is already proven. And what is it you think you need to hear from us about. It has already been said numerous times that if you PERSONALLY feel that an item is worth it in terms of how difficult it is to get, then go for it. Are you trying to say that we need to be cheerleaders and give you some type of Rah, Rah sis boom bah cheer to encourage your undertaking LOL. Good lord, if every person who felt like going after something had to have peoples approval and support, we'd have a kagillion posts about it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sounomi's site will greatly assist you in making the decision about which items are worth it and which ID's will get it easier. If you plan well, and take some time to formulate a plan of attack, you should be fairly successful in finding what you want. The two most important factors will be patience and luck. No amount of stories from other members can change that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-04-23 16:05 ]</font>

JGaff
Apr 23, 2004, 06:37 PM
K, very well...

This thread never got anywhere because I had looked at many of these guides and had selected items that I felt were reasonable to go after. The only input I needed was to answer the armor question and tell me whether wasting the time to obtain a certain rare was worth it (perhaps it wasn't worth the time, or this rare is better, and easier to get)

Thanks anyways I suppose.

The only real reason I wanted confirms was to know that 20+ people did it, which is a far more welcoming number, then say two or three.

I'll see where this thread goes now. I'll have to spell everything out the next time I make a thread like this one.

THOMAS_LARS
Apr 23, 2004, 07:09 PM
Yeah Ill have to agree with Jae the red scorpio sux go for a final Impact thats what Ide go for. But thats just my opinion.

Gaffero
Apr 23, 2004, 07:19 PM
Well, Jgaff has already supplied me a FINAL IMPACT +30, so I can agree with your advice.

Also, several very useful guides were posted on item drop frequency. However, owing to the fact that these numbers are raw data (statistics) as opposed to actual findings, it can be difficult to formulate a plan of attack on how to obtain the rares (IE where to pipe, quests to do, etc.)

This thread is a good as over; it has served it's purpose. We don't need people making this thread every week...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gaffero on 2004-04-23 17:21 ]</font>