PDA

View Full Version : ERR STUPID HILDEBLUES!!

Xero_Silvera
Apr 23, 2004, 04:48 PM
Right now and for the past two days iv been piping on and off in Vhard mode with my skyly hucaseal. I'm usin the quest Letter from Lionel where the three hildebears are.. 1/512 to find a rare enemy.
3/512 = 170.6 = 1/171 to find rare enemy with three counterparts in the room. (im tryin to get my god/arm) So..
After 410+ pipes...
NO BLUE. Wtf is with this game? Sometimes i hate hildes so much i just wanna do 100 FOS runs with a tactical nuclear warhead kamikaze middle eastern ramarl, i swear.. Anyways, this is the second time iv piped for a rare hilde.. the last time took about 500 pipes in FoS 3 hidelts to find a torr... thats nearly 5 times the average find rate! *sigh*
Every rare monster has a quest with 8 in 1 room except for hildes... *grumble*
ill post back when.. no, IF i ever find the damn blue and if it doesnt drop my god/arm i will go on pso strike for a month..
-xero

goku4ever
Apr 23, 2004, 04:52 PM
On 2004-04-23 14:48, Xero_Silvera wrote:
1/171 to find rare enemy with three counterparts in the room. (im tryin to get my god/arm) So..
After 410+ pipes...
NO BLUE. Wtf is with this game?

Its just luck. Just coz theres sposed to be 1 every 1/171 pipes doesnt mean there will b 1

Xero_Silvera
Apr 23, 2004, 04:55 PM
LoL, Yes im very aware that i could pipe 1,000,000 times and never see a blue.. but its average finding is 1/171 with 3, that's my complaint. I find all other rare enemies easily.. i get 2-3 pal/al rappies in the room 1/63 in FiY in about 50 pipes. Slimes are the same way..
-xero

Dragon_Ash
Apr 23, 2004, 04:59 PM
hmm, well, there is a way to get 4 hilde's in FoS if that's make it any easier

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 23, 2004, 05:06 PM
i can get 8 hildelts altho it requires alot of running,but your just better off doing letter from lionel, i never had much trouble finding Hildeblue,but now i seem to be having lots of trouble finding a Torr, im tryin to find Syncester.

Dragon_Ash
Apr 23, 2004, 05:11 PM
8 hilde's in one room?

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 23, 2004, 05:18 PM
not in one room thought out 4 rooms in the forest of sorrow quest.
dont kill the first Hildelt you encounter skip that room, proceed to the next room clear it, then you will be in the long forest pathway, clear all of that, and on the side room 2 more drop, dont kill em, one will also drop by it self in the very far small room,dont kill him either,make your way to the large room make 4 drop, so that makes a total of 8 but the time it takes to run back & forth isnt worth it LoL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NiNeTeeN69 on 2004-04-23 15:21 ]</font>

JGaff
Apr 23, 2004, 05:24 PM
Funny, We both are doing the exact same thing (going after a God/Arm, but I'm after a spare one in this case)

Amen to that bro, amen.

THOMAS_LARS
Apr 23, 2004, 07:07 PM
Yeah just because thats what it says thats not what it means. Thats probally just an average out of say 100 different times doing it. This game is all luck.

Cc08
Apr 23, 2004, 07:43 PM
Just all about luck, 1/512 is just a chance. You can never see a Hildeblue, or all you could see could be blues/torrs. All about dumb luck.

Petasse
Apr 23, 2004, 07:45 PM
The Hildeblue was the only rare monster I had never seen and last week I decided that I wanted his HEAD! Since I was pretty lucky with finding Hildetorrs in my Frozen Shooter search (lucky in finding them, not lucky in actually getting the damn red box), I figured that it wouldn't be that hard to find one Hildeblue... well I piped for 2 hours before getting tired and killing all Hildebears. The next day I piped again for 2 hours, nothing (and more dead Hildebears). Yesterday I piped for 1 hour and I spotted an Hildeblue!!

It dropped an antidote... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Reminds me of the time I was piping for a red slime hoping for a Double Saber. When I finally found one it dropped me a Marksman/Arm--. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif

I still have nightmares about that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

VioletSkye
Apr 23, 2004, 07:48 PM
Heh, for as many rare enemies as I've seen, I must admit that I've seen very few Hildeblue's. I tried piping for one awhile back to get some pics and gave up lol.

trypticon
Apr 23, 2004, 08:01 PM
After about 3000+ hours of gameplay on ep 1&2, I've seen a total of 1 hildeblue. Good luck finding one.

Jason
Apr 23, 2004, 08:03 PM
I have yet to see a Hildeblue myself. As for Hildetorrs, I have no trouble getting one to appear as I can see each one in every hour through piping with 4 Hildelts in a room from the quest of FoS (Forest of Sorrow).

Yes. This game is all about very random luck, and I mean very random. Like for example, last night I got a red slime (Pouilly Slime) to appear pretty quick compare to this morning: from 11 AM to 3 PM of piping for one, not one appeared and that was about 4 hours of piping. So yeah, like I had said, this game have very random luck. I've been wondering that perhaps beats time (3 number digits at the bottom-right of the start button menu) have something to do with a rare creature appearing at a high chance at about a certain beats time even though it had been proven that this theory is wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-04-23 18:05 ]</font>

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 23, 2004, 10:16 PM
iv seen 10 + Hildeblue's they all droped me sumtin.
He's Never failed me.
God Arm X6
Cure Shock X3
Hildeblue Head X 2
Hildeblue is my personal favorite looking Rare enemy in the game.The fastest i ever found him was under 10 Telepipes.

LWK
Apr 24, 2004, 06:26 AM
I'm pretty proud to say that I've seen every rare enemy in the game.
I can find Torr's alot easier then Blue's. Its just my luck.
I got my Iritista recently while piping Torr's.
It yield me to make one of the best slicers in the game. I can't complain.

The rarest to me would have to be Love Rappy's.
I've only seen one, and am glad it wasnt greedy.
I just need three more god/luck's. Wont even need those God/Power units with the critical hit frequency.
Or at least I hope.

Xero_Silvera
Apr 24, 2004, 08:40 AM
On 2004-04-23 18:03, Jason wrote:
I've been wondering that perhaps beats time (3 number digits at the bottom-right of the start button menu) have something to do with a rare creature appearing at a high chance at about a certain beats time even though it had been proven that this theory is wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-04-23 18:05 ]</font>

Before we get started, its been proven that beats dont affect rare monsters, you are right. Although oddly enough after 3 hours of piping 3 hidelts i found a torr at 666, the beat that was considered to be a possible 'hot time' for finding torrs. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I dont believe in it though, seeing as the game code says it isnt.
-xero
ps: 500+ pipes, no blue.

TatuPreb119
Apr 24, 2004, 09:13 AM
The only Rare enemy i have yet to do is the Love Rappy... I just don't do that many Ep2 runs

Ketchup345
Apr 24, 2004, 09:33 AM
On 2004-04-24 06:40, Xero_Silvera wrote:

Before we get started, its been proven that beats dont affect rare monsters, you are right. Although oddly enough after 3 hours of piping 3 hidelts i found a torr at 666, the beat that was considered to be a possible 'hot time' for finding torrs. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I dont believe in it though, seeing as the game code says it isnt.
-xero

Where is the game data? I have yet to hear from Sou or Baru that the beat time theory is false. I would believe it if someone who looks at the code found the real rare enemy rate (1/512 is only an estimate for now) and saw nothing about beats. But until then, there will still be some thought that this is true.

Rapture
Apr 24, 2004, 02:02 PM
I too want a God Arm from the Hildeblue. I have seen quite a few of them (2/3 of em were on normal-hard). Anyway the maximum I pipe for a rare enemy is about 120 times, if I don't find one in that time I'm not going to find one and just try another day. That said Pal Rappies must be the easiest rare enemy to find in the whole game as I saw 3 in 1 hour.

Xero_Silvera
Apr 24, 2004, 03:28 PM
On 2004-04-24 07:33, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2004-04-24 06:40, Xero_Silvera wrote:

-xero

Where is the game data? I have yet to hear from Sou or Baru that the beat time theory is false. I would believe it if someone who looks at the code found the real rare enemy rate (1/512 is only an estimate for now) and saw nothing about beats. But until then, there will still be some thought that this is true.

I believe it was Kef that agreed with me on this in another thread..
Good luck to all you others seeking the damn god/arm..
im at 750+ pipes, no blue
-xero

PsychoMantis
Apr 24, 2004, 07:37 PM
i got hildetorr in 5 pipes.....

Jason
Apr 24, 2004, 07:58 PM
It's just very random luck. I even got one red slime to appear after seriously one pipe (that was my first one on Redria). http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PsychoMantis
Apr 24, 2004, 07:59 PM
On 2004-04-24 17:58, Jason wrote:
It's just very random luck. I even got one red slime to appear after seriously one pipe (that was my first one on Redria). http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

lol, same w/ me and mil lilly in the temple.

Xero_Silvera
Apr 24, 2004, 08:56 PM
900 PIPES, NO BLUE!
I'm starting to think they dont exist and they are just ploys implemented by all of you psow members! That blue pic is a fake isnt it?! there is no such thing as a hildeblue is there!? WHY DONT YOU ANSWER? YOU AFRAID TO LET ME KNOW THE TRUTH!? HIPPIES! YOUR ALL HAIRY, PEACEFUL DRUG ADDICT HIPPIES!
AAAAH!
-xero
ps: im giving up at 1500 pipes.

Rapture
Apr 25, 2004, 11:43 AM
^ He will arrive without notice on a difficulty where he drops shit, just watch. Happened to me, I was piping for an hour with my Purplenum...nothing, I then thought "hey, i'll play as my Fomarl" I went to v hard forest and there it dropped, gave me a Diska of Braveman. Thanks mr hilde,thanks.

Ketchup345
Apr 25, 2004, 11:46 AM
On 2004-04-24 13:28, Xero_Silvera wrote:
I believe it was Kef that agreed with me on this in another thread..
Good luck to all you others seeking the damn god/arm..
im at 750+ pipes, no blue
-xero

Yes, but he is going by his own experiances, not the game code. There has been no proof so far about Beats and Rare enemies (or even the real rare enemy appearance rate) from the game code.

Hrith
Apr 25, 2004, 11:59 AM
I'm not using experience, since I never bothered wasting my time hunting for rare monsters at certain times, especially since I don't pipe.

I use logic, just as DezoPenguin, Deus_Irae, Rena-ko and many others have. There is no way to control a rare monster appearance or a rare drop, despite all the wishful thinking.

And the fact that Sou found nothing about that in the game data is proof that it is not present.

Only thing I doubt is the supposed 1/512 rate for appearance, because, as VulpesMundi stated the rare monster appearance rate on DC was 1/1024, and I have seen way over twice as many rare critters on GC than on DC, in the same amount of time. Especially since I do not pipe, I think Sounomi is right to doubt that 1/512 rate.

Ketchup345
Apr 25, 2004, 12:38 PM
On 2004-04-25 09:59, Kef wrote:
I'm not using experience, since I never bothered wasting my time hunting for rare monsters at certain times, especially since I don't pipe.

I use logic, just as DezoPenguin, Deus_Irae, Rena-ko and many others have. There is no way to control a rare monster appearance or a rare drop, despite all the wishful thinking.

And the fact that Sou found nothing about that in the game data is proof that it is not present.

Only thing I doubt is the supposed 1/512 rate for appearance, because, as VulpesMundi stated the rare monster appearance rate on DC was 1/1024, and I have seen way over twice as many rare critters on GC than on DC, in the same amount of time. Especially since I do not pipe, I think Sounomi is right to doubt that 1/512 rate.

1) I do pipe. Certain enemies do appear more around certain times for me. I am not sure if it is coincidence, or not. Beats do affect certain things, so it may not be hard to program in rare enemies around certain times.

2) Is there game data? Until then, nothing is proven.

3) When did she say that? I haven't seen her say anything about rare monsters.

4) I've seen Sou support the 1/512, not doubt it.

5) Care to show any links to where any of this was said?

Xero_Silvera
Apr 25, 2004, 12:56 PM
What the hell? Kef youv posted many times before 'THE BEAT THEORY WAS PROVEN WRONG'
Why you changing your statements? /=|
-xero

magicmage119
Apr 25, 2004, 12:58 PM
On 2004-04-25 10:56, Xero_Silvera wrote:
What the hell? Kef youv posted many times before 'THE BEAT THEORY WAS PROVEN WRONG'
Why you changing your statements? /=|
-xero

I think it has been proven totally improbable.

Xero_Silvera
Apr 25, 2004, 01:04 PM
As do I, at first when i saw the thread for beat times, (back when it wasnt full and locked) I beleved it. But I'v heard at LEAST 6 people say it was proven wrong, and they have read the completed topic. So there. I'll go find some peoples posts if yall want reassurance.
-xero
ps: how is it that every thread now consists of the beat theory being right or wrong? >.<

iamfanboy
Apr 25, 2004, 01:34 PM
It's my psychic influence, corrupting all of you one by one. I want you to believe in the beat time theory, the Tooth Fairy, and Pouilly Slimes, even though none of them exist....

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Well, okay, I'll admit it, if only to myself.

The Tooth Fairy DOES exist.

doubletake123
Apr 25, 2004, 05:10 PM
On 2004-04-24 04:26, LWK wrote:
I'm pretty proud to say that I've seen every rare enemy in the game.
I can find Torr's alot easier then Blue's. Its just my luck.
I got my Iritista recently while piping Torr's.
It yield me to make one of the best slicers in the game. I can't complain.

The rarest to me would have to be Love Rappy's.
I've only seen one, and am glad it wasnt greedy.
I just need three more god/luck's. Wont even need those God/Power units with the critical hit frequency.
Or at least I hope.

the God powers are definatly more worth it...trust me i maxed out my luck in hope of everytimed i hit something it would have a critickle hit NOOOOi have a critickle 3 times with a double saber type weapons at the most.