PDA

View Full Version : EGM Quest-May 15!

StrongBad
Apr 23, 2004, 07:05 PM
Just got the new EGM, it says there will be a new quest and the reward is the EGM Magazine. Finally some more US love!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kanore
Apr 23, 2004, 07:21 PM
On 2004-04-23 17:05, StrongBad wrote:
Just got the new EGM, it says there will be a new quest and the reward is the EGM Magazine. Finally some more US love!

Hm, now for an ST confirmation.

Nice though. Ha.

Nai_Calus
Apr 23, 2004, 08:12 PM
On 2004-04-23 17:05, StrongBad wrote:

And JP love, too, wanna bet they get this one too? 9_9

DruidMettool
Apr 24, 2004, 02:05 AM
10 bucks says they will. But this is good news either way.

Hope we get more Maga-Quests. I'm sure Nintendo Power would be willing to host a quest... maybe. Heck, have we forgotten E-Gamezines? We could ask Gamespot...

Arislan
Apr 24, 2004, 02:33 AM
Except that there aren't many unreleased cards remaining, and I don't think anyone short of NP would be able to get the Agito's released for a quest. And yeah, I bet you anything that comes out in the US will be a JP quest as well. Suprised the heck out of me that the GI quest was in Japan too, but I'm not going to complain, just less work for me to play the thing.

Aunt_Betty
Apr 24, 2004, 03:36 PM
And the fact that lobies are decorated withEGM all over.

SonicBlue22
Apr 25, 2004, 08:39 PM
Will the quest be up forever? Or will they take it down?

Arislan
Apr 25, 2004, 09:20 PM
Likely a week, thats how long all but the two Appreciation quests were up for. Those lasted 2 weeks.

Bluedragon07
Apr 26, 2004, 05:50 PM
the GI banners are starting to get annoying anyway

Stefan
Apr 28, 2004, 08:33 AM
Arislan: The Game Informer quest will be up for two weeks too, according to a notice at Sonic Team's website, and Dorimaga will be up for two weeks and two days.

Is the date (15th of May) for EGM really correct? Dorimaga is going down on the 13th of May, and I'm not sure that Sonic Team would want to have two server maintenances with just two days inbetween (but this was the case with hanataba/GI, so maybe I'm wrong).

Arislan: There might not be any Gamespot or Nintendō Power E-cards in the game, but do you think that it would be possible to add additional E-rank cards to the game by downloading some patch containing the card names, stats & all that? It would maybe be possible to add such cards online that are stored on the server, but in that case the cards wouldn't be available in offline mode.

decswxaqz
Apr 28, 2004, 09:07 AM
I don't think ST can (or would) do that. I've yet to see extra custom made downloadable content. Quests are easy, it's all text. A bit of story text, and one map (Cyber mainly) that only needs a value 1-9 in a (comma seperated) list to create.
Creating extra cards would need a 3D model or using old models, new skins/graphics to put on an them. That simply takes up far too much memory, and wouldn't fit on a normal memory card usually. It would make people angry if they had to buy a new memory card, just to get one E card.

Online only cards could be possible depending on how ST programmed the game. It is unlikely to happen though. So I think what's already been mentioned as could be released is the final list. No extra cards/custom made cards could be released.

Arislan
Apr 29, 2004, 02:08 AM
That and since they haven't changed any descriptions online, only stats, makes me believe they can't do so. Which means only the descriptions that are on the disk can be used. Until ST does a Card Rev that changes online descriptions, that's about my stance on that.

Welcome to the boards Stefan!