PDA

View Full Version : The Frozen Shooter... kicks ASS.

iamfanboy
Apr 24, 2004, 01:37 AM
Well. After an hour of Yellowboze piping in Letter from Lionel, I'm one Frozen Shooter richer.

........Why didn't anyone TELL me it rawked this much?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Oh, wait, y'all did. It's under 'recommended Ranger equipment', listed as one of the best rifles, and wow, does it belong on there! Freezy freezy!

Is it just me and my teeny-tiny RAmarl, or is it bigger than the other rifles?

Also, is it worth turning into the Snow Queen once I get online? I mean, you only get so many Photon Drops, and I'm curious about S-BERRIL'S HANDS #1 (photon camoflage? that just sounds wicked), and, well, it seems plenty kewl enough as-is.

FOAtHeart
Apr 24, 2004, 02:12 AM
On 2004-04-23 23:37, iamfanboy wrote:
Well. After an hour of Yellowboze piping in Letter from Lionel, I'm one Frozen Shooter richer.

........Why didn't anyone TELL me it rawked this much?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Oh, wait, y'all did. It's under 'recommended Ranger equipment', listed as one of the best rifles, and wow, does it belong on there! Freezy freezy!

Is it just me and my teeny-tiny RAmarl, or is it bigger than the other rifles?

Also, is it worth turning into the Snow Queen once I get online? I mean, you only get so many Photon Drops, and I'm curious about S-BERRIL'S HANDS #1 (photon camoflage? that just sounds wicked), and, well, it seems plenty kewl enough as-is.

Some people don't turn their FS into a SQ because SQ can't combo.

But some people turn their FS into SQ because SQ penetrates.

Depends on your playing style. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Eclypse
Apr 24, 2004, 02:29 AM
The penetration of the SNOW QUEEN is nice but you can't sequence attack with it. I would recommend that you leave it as a FROZEN SHOOTER and not because you can sequence attack with it; but mainly because you can still freeze everthing in a small vicinity and follow up with more attacks.

Jae
Apr 24, 2004, 05:48 AM
Yea what everyone else said. I would just leave it as a Frozen Shooter. The thing I hate about the Snow Queen is that it can miss and is unable to follow up with a second freezing shot, leaving you completely defenseless for a second or two. That's a looooong time to be doing nothing if you're trying to freeze in a room that has Indi Belras in each corner...

Or if even if you're up against one strong enemy like a Delbiter, you can just mindlessly freeze it over and over with the Shooter, keeping your team's rear ends out of harm's way. With the Snow Queen, you'll actually have to time your shot... and not miss... bleh.

Just pipe for another FS if you want to have a Snow Queen.

LWK
Apr 24, 2004, 05:52 AM
I love this weapon. There is no word for the kick-assed-ness of it when you shoot a normal enemy and they die in a shatter of ice.
Got mine from a torr. Worth getting! Especially for enemies like Indi Belra's and Gran Sorcerers.

A MUST have for ULT.

lain2k3
Apr 24, 2004, 10:20 AM
On 2004-04-24 03:52, LWK wrote:
I love this weapon. There is no word for the kick-assed-ness of it when you shoot a normal enemy and they die in a shatter of ice.
Got mine from a torr. Worth getting! Especially for enemies like Indi Belra's and Gran Sorcerers.

A MUST have for ULT.

Only for low level rangers.

I only use my FS in seabed/tower, because those are the only places that have enemies that are easier to kill when frozen. In all other places, it easier and faster to just blast their asses off with mechs or spread needle.

but yes, FS is a very good weapon.

DirtyDan311
Apr 24, 2004, 12:28 PM
frosty shooter is better most of the time, because once your higher level, your really just going to be carrying it around to freeze stuff like baranz in the mines, belras/bringers in the ruins, and sinows,delbiters,and morfos in the seabed, as well as e/w tower. snow queen is really only good with a hit percent, even if your a ramar with maxed ata.

Cc08
Apr 24, 2004, 12:53 PM
Yes, FS is ridiculously amazing/cheap. Like Lain said, it is really useful for GDV/ Seabed. The other places it is much faster for me just to Yas9kM/Spread Needle thru. And, I would keep it as an FS, because it's hard to line up all those enemies, and it only adds around 100 more ATP when you turn it to SQ.

Jarek
Apr 24, 2004, 01:09 PM
You know that satisfaction you got when you first realized it was a Frozen Shooter? Well, I just felt that last night for the first time as well. It just feels soooo great to get it, especially when you don't have to pipe a torr to get it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

PsychoMantis
Apr 24, 2004, 01:18 PM
On 2004-04-24 10:53, Cc08 wrote:
Yes, FS is ridiculously amazing/cheap. Like Lain said, it is really useful for GDV/ Seabed. The other places it is much faster for me just to Yas9kM/Spread Needle thru. And, I would keep it as an FS, because it's hard to line up all those enemies, and it only adds around 100 more ATP when you turn it to SQ.

actually it comes usefull in other places, other than GDV/seabed, also in ruins or any place w/ tough ogres. (example:indi belra,gran sorcerer, dark bringer, death/dark gunner(for their protective shield) or any other places, like mines. u can use it on baranz, sinow red, sinow blue, etc.

lain2k3
Apr 24, 2004, 07:37 PM
On 2004-04-24 11:18, PsychoMantis wrote:

On 2004-04-24 10:53, Cc08 wrote:

actually it comes usefull in other places, other than GDV/seabed, also in ruins or any place w/ tough ogres. (example:indi belra,gran sorcerer, dark bringer, death/dark gunner(for their protective shield) or any other places, like mines. u can use it on baranz, sinow red, sinow blue, etc.

Like I said, only for lower level rangers.

All Rangers will get to a point where they will be able to clear all of episode one faster with mechguns and a spread needle. RAmarls hit that point much faster, but all rangers do hit it.

iamfanboy
Apr 24, 2004, 08:02 PM
I'm having... fun with it, and it's plenty useful, but I still want a spread needle! I do enjoy the ability to freeze Indi Belras one by one before they bash me.

Meleeing with them is still safer, though.

*goes back to Ult Ruins*

Merlan, you WILL drop it. Merlan, you WILL drop it.

lain2k3
Apr 24, 2004, 08:06 PM
On 2004-04-24 18:02, iamfanboy wrote:
I'm having... fun with it, and it's plenty useful, but I still want a spread needle! I do enjoy the ability to freeze Indi Belras one by one before they bash me.

*goes back to Ult Ruins*

Dont worry, SN is an easy drop for the most part.

Hrith
Apr 24, 2004, 08:07 PM
Don't forget that Baranz can kill high Lv players in one hit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif so if there is no droid, let the RA bring a FS ;-;

PsychoMantis
Apr 24, 2004, 08:08 PM
Like I said, only for lower level rangers.

All Rangers will get to a point where they will be able to clear all of episode one faster with mechguns and a spread needle. RAmarls hit that point much faster, but all rangers do hit it.

u know, ur not the only right one! i find it usefull still w/ my lvl 126 ranger on ultimate, jeez, whats w/ ppl and trying to be right? "sometimes i feel like im the only smart one here and im only 12" quotes cheep* lol jk

lain2k3
Apr 24, 2004, 08:09 PM
On 2004-04-24 18:07, Kef wrote:
Don't forget that Baranz can kill high Lv players in one hit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif so if there is no droid, let the RA bring a FS ;-;

Yeah.

I forgot about them.

I only played online mines for one day, I died in one hit with over 1450 HP.

So bring to online mines too.

definetely.

PsychoMantis
Apr 24, 2004, 08:11 PM
u know i did mention baranz in my post when u quoted me, lol, kef is just always right, isnt he? lol

lain2k3
Apr 24, 2004, 08:17 PM
Yes, you did mention baranz in your post, i wasnt thinking about online then, i havent been on in like a month now, so yeah...

and yes Kef is almost always right.

He still occasionally gets pwned by Violetskye.

Hrith
Apr 24, 2004, 08:22 PM
Spaceship, too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

lain2k3
Apr 24, 2004, 08:26 PM
On 2004-04-24 18:22, Kef wrote:
Spaceship, too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

I havent had a problem with spaceship Barzies, They seem to do a significantly lower amount of damage, even online...maybe its just the different level layout.

oh well.

Xero_Silvera
Apr 24, 2004, 08:26 PM
Gradtz on frozen shooter http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Enjoy the cold hardcore iceyness n all that, as for me.. im still trying for this god/arm from hildeblue.. after that, i can start workin on my purplenum ramarl and haul her up to ult to find some yas gold http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif!!!
-xero

iamfanboy
Apr 24, 2004, 08:45 PM
Should the durn thing have frozen me when I was just standing there?

I just finished off a room of Delsaberos one by one with the help of a little freezy freezy, so the timing of this particular freeze was good (a few seconds earlier and I would have been Delsabero food) and i was taking a breather to look around ebay, I look up and see my RAmarl is FROZEN, just like the item description says.

magicmage119
Apr 24, 2004, 08:47 PM
Yes, Frozen Shooter randomly freezes though, from what I have heard, not TOO often.

LoreSeeker
Apr 24, 2004, 08:57 PM
FS and SQ will randomly freeze you sometimes if you have them out for long periods of time. My RAmar is presently level 166 though, so my FS doesn't get used much unless I run into a big enemy. I've usually found that I get frozen maybe once or twice per area if I leave my FS out instead of switching away to my obscenely useful Needle or Yas 9k. The FS and SQ both freeze at about the same rate, I believe, and I mention that because I'm sure the question was coming. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

iamfanboy
Apr 24, 2004, 09:58 PM
The FROZEN SHOOTER is a Delsabero HATE weapon. It's coldly, brutally efficient against the Delsaberos at any time, in any place. They can't block it, if you shoot it at them before they jump they land and make the blocking motion (thus nulling their attack), and plus, all that purty purple smoke makes the freeze crystal shine....

I just took out a crowd of three Delsaberos no worries with this nifty little gadget. I lurves it!

Castershell
Apr 26, 2004, 12:24 PM
What I find hilarious about the ever useful FS, is that when you try to talk to someone about it, it comes out Frozen @(*%!$% or some other symbol of sorts....I mean c'mon, how can you have the name of a weapon censored?!

Hrith
Apr 26, 2004, 12:29 PM
Ano Rifle ?

that's what censoring 5 languages leads to http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Sitka
Apr 26, 2004, 12:50 PM
Both my Racast (lvl 124) and Ramarl (lvl 96) almost exclusively use the Snow Queen. It is the best - I like it better than my Yas and my SN and for one real big reason. I play online alot lately and with the Snow Queen I can freeze an entire squad of baddies ususally with one or two shots, including that pack of obs on TTF. That allows my teamates to get their wacks in and share the experience. Nothing worse than getting 256 exp points while popping shot after shot into a single enemy while the forces are cleaning up the rest of the room with rafoie. Between the SQ and my traps, I can usually freeze an entire room in no time and allow the Hunters with their swords and blades to clean up without getting blasted from behind with Megid. There's something about freezing a Sinow just as it's bringing the hammer down on your partner or an Ob just as it glows all shimmery. My teammates generally won't do West Tower runs unless I bring the Snow Queen. The range of the Snow Queen is also pretty good - I can hit across the room real well which is again helpful in Tower runs. I have both and I prefer the Snow Queen, but either way, enjoy your weapon!! Ice Ice Baby!!

Dragon_Ash
Apr 26, 2004, 01:46 PM
On 2004-04-24 18:06, lain2k3 wrote:

On 2004-04-24 18:02, iamfanboy wrote:

*goes back to Ult Ruins*

Dont worry, SN is an easy drop for the most part.

easy drop?... all my yellowboze has to show for that is 4 meteor cudgels... and there are way less del-d's than merlan's =/

lain2k3
Apr 26, 2004, 06:30 PM
My yellowboze ruins drops:

3x smoking plate
6x spread needle
1x meteor cudgel
1x guardianna (from a gunner ><)
8x Delsabers right arm
1x Belras arm
13x DB's sword

and many various PD's