PDA

View Full Version : Setting records

Sha_Hua
Apr 24, 2004, 04:45 PM
Which records are set for PSO?

I've heard KingChaos say 'I can get to ult in 15 hours'. If I would run for 15 hours strait I might be able to do this to. But I would also have to level and all.

What I want to know is:
Which records are there?
Can you get to ultimate in 15 hours?
What would I have to do to set a record?

I really want to try something different then leveling my char and mag for Ultimate Dark Falz.
Hope you can help me think up something.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 24, 2004, 05:33 PM
Well my record is finding 3 photon drops from 3 different rare enemies (Pal Rappy,Nar Lily & Mil Lily) Chances of finding a photon drop from any rare enemy is uber rare.

VioletSkye
Apr 24, 2004, 05:56 PM
With a properly twinked char you can get to Ult in under 4 hours easily.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 24, 2004, 06:00 PM
So beating normal hard & very hard all under 4 hours?
thats seems like quite a rush. That averages out to only 20 minutes for each level,i dont think i could ever make it through the ruins in 20 minutes.

VioletSkye
Apr 24, 2004, 06:04 PM
On 2004-04-24 16:00, NiNeTeeN69 wrote:
So beating normal hard & very hard all under 4 hours?
thats seems like quite a rush. That averages out to only 20 minutes for each level,i dont think i could ever make it through the ruins in 20 minutes.

yeah, thats starting from Normal Forest to beating V Hard Falz. I've done it many times when looking for specific rares in Ult for certain IDs. I wouldn't be able to do it without twinking though. I give my char a level 200 mag, God Units and some good weapons. But like I said, I do that for the sole purpose of looking for specific items. If I was just palying for fun, it would obviously take me much, much longer to get into Ult http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 24, 2004, 06:11 PM
yeah true, plus if your rushing to get through very quickly you also have to know your correct routes, iv been playing this game for almost 4 years now since DC and i still havent memorized the maps, only the forest,caves,temple & central control LoL
Mainly becuz i dont pay attention to the other maps (Mines,Ruins,Spaceship & Seabead) i dont play those levels much anyways but when i do i just play through the level not knowing where im going and eventually ill make it to the end.

DurakkenX
Apr 24, 2004, 08:35 PM
with a 1308 mag an 3 al rappies and god/hp, and a map of some sort or every route memorized you can do it in less than 4 hours...

Xero_Silvera
Apr 24, 2004, 08:44 PM
Here are a couple records to break..
#1) Collect ALL the agitos and record your time from start to finish (Viridia ID needed) This includes Fake, real, oroti (which means finding 2 reals), and the 4 AUW agitos.
#2) Collect ALL the Red Weapons and record your time from start to finish. (requires a cuple IDs.)
#3) Go through the entire game (Normal - Vhard Falz) without a weapon and record your time from start to finish.
#4)Unseal a legitely found/duped SJS and record the time from start to finish.

I'm sure if you completed 1 or more of these as fast as you could, youd set a record. Nobody tries to do this stuff asap, lol. Hell, do all four and you'll have people competing to beat yours.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
-xero
ps: #5) Find and MAKE Guld Milla AND Sange & Yasha and record your time from start to finish.

Sha_Hua
Apr 25, 2004, 03:26 AM
About the photon drops.
In the 280 game hours on my game I've never found one. And I only found 1 nar lilly once. I'm not going to try to set that record.

About getting to ultimate in 4 hours.
I don't like twinking. I like the purity of the game, starting with nothing and building up a character. So if I were to trie that I would do it without twinking.

About Xero.
Everything wtih rare weapons I set can be beaten in half the time in version 3. So setting records for that will be a waste of time.
Without a weapon? What's your damage boy? That's like me on a half pipe without protective gear. Gonna hurt badly! Have you been watching to much anime again??
About the SJS. I lost it in a power shortage. If I find another I'll try unsealing it. Should be a piece of cake. I should be able to do that in no time.

I had some other suggestions.
Defeating the dragon on a low level (without twinking). My current record is level 6.
Playing normal to Ultimate with your begin equipment. Time this for the record.

What do you think about these suggestions?
The simple ideas are the best I always think http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

Nai_Calus
Apr 25, 2004, 04:45 AM
Beaten the Dragon at L3 with a FOnewm who had a Cane, L1 Foie, and no Monomates, without even trying for a low level. :3

The only real 'records' in PSO are TA in C-mode. The eternal struggle to shave just a few more seconds off your time. :3

KingChaos
Apr 25, 2004, 05:23 AM
On 2004-04-24 15:56, VioletSkye wrote:

level 80 in 4 hours my arse

ive done it in 12 before

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 25, 2004, 10:40 AM
I'm considering doing a Normal speed run from new character creation. The main problem will be de rol le as usual tho.

Ketchup345
Apr 25, 2004, 11:17 AM
On 2004-04-25 03:23, KingChaos wrote:

ive done it in 12 before

Violet is talking about single player Ultimate. In that you only need to beat Very Hard Falz to open, not be level 80. Obviously getting to 80 in 4 hours or less is either impossible, or next to it.

How about a record for piping the most rare enemies in a timeframe, or seeing the most rare enemies in a recorded amount fo runs?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-04-25 09:36 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Apr 25, 2004, 11:19 AM
who said anything about getting to level 80?

i've beaten the dragon at lv2, no gear accept a saber and 10 monomates

VioletSkye
Apr 25, 2004, 11:50 AM
On 2004-04-25 03:23, KingChaos wrote:

ive done it in 12 before

Pinhead, I didn't say anything about being level 80 Einstein. Do you see ANYWHERE IN MY POST where I mentioned anything AT ALL about being level 80? Before openning your mouth, try learning about the game first. Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't just make stuff up to post. In fact I've spent quite a bit of time trying to correct the deluge of misinformation that seems to permeate these boards. Try staying off the crackpipe slick http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-04-25 09:57 ]</font>

_Ted_
Apr 25, 2004, 11:52 AM
On 2004-04-25 09:17, Ketchup345 wrote:

How about a record for piping the most rare enemies in a timeframe, or seeing the most rare enemies in a recorded amount fo runs?

Or how about a record for not finding any rare enemies by piping?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Ted_ on 2004-04-25 09:53 ]</font>

BOmar
Apr 25, 2004, 02:31 PM
On 2004-04-25 09:52, _Ted_ wrote:

On 2004-04-25 09:17, Ketchup345 wrote:

Or how about a record for not finding any rare enemies by piping?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Ted_ on 2004-04-25 09:53 ]</font>

That's easy. Just pipe in a room without enemies http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

If anyone found Guld Milla and Sange&Yasha, they wouldn't need to time it to set a record http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sha_Hua
Apr 25, 2004, 06:23 PM
Thanx DurakkenX
I just defeated the dragon (without monomates) on level 3 225 total experience, then you tell me you did it on level 2!
I only killed the enemies I needed to kill?! And still I reach 225?
The dragon can be beat on level 1. And if you wouldn't have to kill all those innocent trapt booma's you would be able to. If the dragon hits you your doing something wrong.

How about playing for 200 hours without seeing a rare enemy? I've done that. I'm at 280 hours with one seen rare enemy. Maybe I have a record there without knowing it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif!

VioletSkye
Apr 25, 2004, 09:07 PM
Yeah DurakkenX is BSing about fighting the Dragon at leavel 2. You can't even get to the Dragon and retain a level of 2. Killing the absolute minimum amount of enemies on the least populated map will still yield at least a level 3 char before you reach the Dragon.

He may have just been exaggerating though while making a point about levels.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-04-25 19:11 ]</font>

Rainbowlemon
Apr 26, 2004, 08:16 AM
I've just tried the Dragon at the lowest possible level I can, killing only the enemies I had to to proceed, and just before the fight I had 344 exp, at lvl 3. Maybe I had a longer map, or maybe these people have the ability to fly through levels without actually killing enemies, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to reach the Dragon at lvl 1, and HIGHLY unlikely that it can be reached at lvl 2.

BTW, I defeated it - I chose a RAcast, for distanced power, but it still took me ages to kill it! I had monomates with me, but never had to use any.

~ Antimony

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 26, 2004, 10:39 PM
On episode III, I supposedly hold the record time for defeating Castor @ 10m00s

ViewtifulJoe
Apr 26, 2004, 11:11 PM
I've got to have a lot of records for worst times. Like worst time for going through a level with a decent character while trying. And most times that you get hit while trying. I absolutely suck If you don't count levels and items.

DurakkenX
Apr 26, 2004, 11:31 PM
actually online you can reach it at level 1...it just takes a reeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly long time to beat and offline i think you can to, but i'm not sure. you only have to beat the final room if you had v1 or hacked. I think in that last room there is just over 10 enemies or just under and i just got pissed and beat a couple extra enemies so i could wall walk trick through when they kept attacking me

PurplePower1
Apr 26, 2004, 11:43 PM
i have never tried good time before. i guess i have tried making it to Ultimate at the lowest level. a lvl 45 and 46. those are the best so far though.

TiRune
Apr 27, 2004, 12:24 AM
errr, I could get to the dragon in gamecube version at lvl 1 on my own, just play mutliplayer, use another char to slay everything, then die... then use the lvl 1 char for the dragon! ez as that ^_^ http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif