PDA

View Full Version : What do you prefer? Lightning Partisan or MKB?

Kanore
Apr 24, 2004, 08:01 PM
I personally prefer the LP, because I use a Savitri in my Saligun deck, which costs 5. MKB costs 4, which means it's not compatible with MKB. A +4 AP to a starting off +2 of the LP makes it easier to rack up its AP, and when its AP is high, you can just basically use something like an SW Attack/Beat Combo to finish off your enemy when he's weak.

For MKB, even though it has high HP, it only starts with 1 AP, and if you wanna use HP Attack, you're gonna have to wait for it to pop up AND you're gonna have to wait for the right time to attack.

Of course, those are just my opinions on the two AP Growth Item Cards.

Skorpius
Apr 24, 2004, 08:37 PM
I use both.
If I need a 3 point weapon, then I'll use Lightning Partisan. If I need a four point weapon, I will use Monkey King Bar.

hucasts_rock
Apr 24, 2004, 10:25 PM
I use the Lightning Partisan, well, mostly because I've haven't used the mkb in a deck yet, but an mkb and an HP attack go together very nicely.

HaLLa
Apr 24, 2004, 11:09 PM
I dont like either. Lightnings AP + is only good if your playing someone with a low item/monster deck.

Myopathy
Apr 25, 2004, 12:32 AM
Actually if you use an HP Attack on a MKB and kill something, you will not get the AP Growth because the HP/AP are swapped. Kind of annoying considering +1 AP is not too hot for a 4-cost weapon.

Malkavian
Apr 25, 2004, 10:55 AM
PoL is more versatile.
But if I wanted to focus on the AP growth ability I would choose MKB. There are a decent amount of low halfguard stuff which would negate the PoL. Then you need a Shield to save the weapon AP growth. The best ones IMO are Kasami Bracer, Shifta Merge and Genbu Shield, all 3-4 cost so it mixes very well with MKB.

And are you sure these weapons don't get Ap growth with HP attack? Now I don't remember anytime I used it. Since the Ap growth is only if it kills an item it is added after the attack.

Zalana
Apr 26, 2004, 10:31 AM
I would prefer Lightning Partisan since it goes pretty well with savitri or even perhaps Kaladbolg. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sharkyland
Apr 26, 2004, 01:06 PM
eh, probably a partisan of lightning...

Myopathy
Apr 26, 2004, 01:14 PM
On 2004-04-25 08:55, Malkavian wrote:
PoL is more versatile.
But if I wanted to focus on the AP growth ability I would choose MKB. There are a decent amount of low halfguard stuff which would negate the PoL. Then you need a Shield to save the weapon AP growth. The best ones IMO are Kasami Bracer, Shifta Merge and Genbu Shield, all 3-4 cost so it mixes very well with MKB.

And are you sure these weapons don't get Ap growth with HP attack? Now I don't remember anytime I used it. Since the Ap growth is only if it kills an item it is added after the attack.

Pretty sure. If you use an HP attack with a MKB, you normally kill whatever you're aiming for. I remember a while back using HP Attack like 3 times in a battle and my MKB was still at +1 AP, even after I killed a lot of monsters with it (using HP Attack each time). I believe you get the AP growth added to your HP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezellaur on 2004-04-26 11:15 ]</font>

decswxaqz
Apr 26, 2004, 01:24 PM
MKB + HP Attack + Drain http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Alisha
Apr 26, 2004, 02:49 PM
On 2004-04-24 21:09, HaLLa wrote:
I dont like either. Lightnings AP + is only good if your playing someone with a low item/monster deck.

actually your wrong you can use knockout on a weapon making your opponent unable to guard it then use rage on the POL gaining 2 ap n_n

Aunt_Betty
Apr 26, 2004, 05:23 PM
Parrisan look cool. I actually don't care about the dammage done. As long as i look cool im ok.

Bluedragon07
Apr 26, 2004, 05:49 PM
lightning partisan, since i dont have MKB lol

shinto_kuji
Apr 27, 2004, 12:08 AM
HP attack and MKB only makes MKB recover 1 HP.

It's really hard to decide between the two. Lightning is good because it's an alright weapon from the get-go, but at the same time, its low HP makes it really easy for someone to destroy your gained AP. MKB has a hefty 12 HP to work with.

Meh. -tosses a coin-

Lightning Partisan it is.

Myopathy
Apr 27, 2004, 06:18 PM
I never mentioned my choice. I personally prefer the Partisan of Lightning (What it was called in EP1&2). I have an MKB, but its initial lack of power really leaves something to be desired. Unless you have some big action cards, it sometimes can be hard to even destroy anything with an MKB by itself, thus not getting your AP Boost.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezellaur on 2004-04-27 16:21 ]</font>

prof_frost
Jun 4, 2004, 08:07 PM
MKB all the way

Mixfortune
Jun 4, 2004, 08:10 PM
Don't bump old threads. :|