PDA

View Full Version : Sunboast...

DarthFomar
Apr 25, 2004, 02:23 AM
Okay I was at Suncoast today, looking around for some anime dvds, and I came across Fatal Fury: The Movie...do you wanna know what the price tag was...$29.99, and I was like wtf, that movie's been out for ever. And I started looking at the InuYasha dvds and they were anywhere from $24.99 to $29.99...

I go to Best Buy and they have the same thing for just a few bucks less *fatal fury was 24.99 and the inuyasha dvds were 19.99 each*. And then I started thinking, Suncoast has a better selection of anime but Best Buy has the best deals.

But is there any other store that sells anime as fluently as the both SC and BB? I think the two stores should combine into one massive computer, appliance, video, game store. What do you think...?

I would definitly spend a few more extra dollars seeing as they wouldn't massively over charge their merchandise.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-04-25 00:26 ]</font>

DarthFomar
Apr 25, 2004, 02:24 AM
I would even chip in a few donations lol...to help with the production.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-04-25 00:25 ]</font>

silvermax
Apr 25, 2004, 02:43 AM
oh i love suncoast

i went there and purchased Ah My Goddess the movie, a week later i saw it at Best buy for 10$ less >=[

I think the prices are jacked because you can get almost ANY movie you want, just ask the register people and they can order it for ya... i must remember to ask about Shaolin Soccer the next time im there =/

Arislan
Apr 25, 2004, 02:47 AM
In case you didn't know, BBY bought Sun Coast a while back, then let them go since it really didn't help their profits. They're an independent subsidiary now...

DarthFomar
Apr 25, 2004, 05:56 AM
On 2004-04-25 00:47, Arislan wrote:
In case you didn't know, BBY bought Sun Coast a while back, then let them go since it really didn't help their profits. They're an independent subsidiary now...

Dang...thats kinda dumb lol...they just let em go...I would have merged the stores together. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And then all the little boys and girls could come and by all the cheap anime and games and appliances and other stupid goodies that ppl buy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

They would also get a lolly pop. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Guile
Apr 25, 2004, 02:01 PM
I think the better option would be for Best Buy to get a better selection of Anime and not try and get them to merge with a store just for their anime.....

Arislan
Apr 25, 2004, 02:54 PM
After 5 years though, Best Buy definitely has come into it's own in the manner of anime sales. When I worked there, I literally created an anime section out of Sci-Fi (they used to be one section). It wasn't llowed, but I did it anyway, and boom, our Anime sales shot through the roof compared to other stores.

Suddenly, I had District and Corp people coming in to find out why our Sci-Fi catalogue was over 200% of sales of all the other stores. Got in a little trouble for not telling District that I had changed plano, but it resulted in BBY getting a header for anime, and it's own section.

Since then, BBY has only stepped up it's anime buying. Since buying Suncoast, they gained quite a few distribution deals (a major one with ADV, bah) and are really beginning to carry a decent selection. They aren't there yet, and with no special orders (outside bestbuy.com), they've got a long way to go.

navci
Apr 25, 2004, 02:59 PM
The Fatal Fury movie was ....
I didn't like it one bit. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Arislan
Apr 25, 2004, 03:09 PM
The Battle Arena Toshinden one is better, if you liked the games. Of course, I'd probably watch it now, and think it's crap, but at the time when anime wasn't far spread in the US, it was pretty good.