PDA

View Full Version : My name sucks

Tynaut
Feb 20, 2001, 03:11 PM
Does anyone know a way to change your character's name? I can't stand it anymore. I feel like an ass.

Help an ass out.

Gamblor
Feb 20, 2001, 05:03 PM
Make a new character...

RedVento
Feb 20, 2001, 05:19 PM
Unfotunatly, there is no way to change the name.. least not that I know of... perhaps someone in a cracking group could figure out the file and make a prog to change name and sector id. <hint> <hint> <nudge> <nudge> know what I mean?

Tynaut
Feb 20, 2001, 09:56 PM
Thanks "Gamblor". Maybe I'll make a new character with a cool name like yours. Maybe I'll name him "nutsack". That'd be cool. And all the stuff I've collected, who needs that crap?

Done. Prepare to see Nutsack online, Gamblor. He'll be your best friend forever.

Gamblor
Feb 20, 2001, 10:25 PM
well....Tynuts your just SOL then!

Omegaxboy
Feb 21, 2001, 03:10 AM
the itmes you collect can easily transfer over if you have a friend who's playing PSO too.....make a private team and drop everything and switch character and pick them all up.....of course gotta be your trustworthy friend.....I did that when I started my second character.....gave my new character my lvl 200 mag, god/power, god/arm, god/mind and a shitty Varista and the result is same level people as me taking 5 or 6 damage on the De Rol Le and I take 150+ on him with just a Varista....also put on god/power and orge/power together and be able to use double saber at level 12....

Tynaut
Feb 21, 2001, 02:44 PM
Dear Gamblor,

Maybe it's YOU that is SOL! How about them apples?

Sincerely,
Your momma

Ambrai
Feb 21, 2001, 04:32 PM
Ignoring the bantering...

I have dug through the save file and I personally cannot find the SN or char name. Then again, I only have notepad for a editing tool...

Gamblor
Feb 21, 2001, 05:01 PM
Mom!....I didnt know you played PSO!!

Tynaut
Feb 21, 2001, 05:51 PM
Well, she does. And she's terrible at it.