PDA

View Full Version : What game should I pre-order?

Aunt_Betty
Apr 26, 2004, 05:06 PM
They are all good! I dont know which one!

DarthFomar
Apr 26, 2004, 06:20 PM
Tales of Symphonia...Viewtiful Joe 2, if you have the first one you can hold out on the sequel for a while...while you enjoy this game, then you get Viewtiful Joe 2, that's what I would do. But that's my opinion. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Arislan
Apr 26, 2004, 06:45 PM
I wasn't impressed with Symphonia. It was decent overall, but given the choice between playing Eternal Arcadia again and playing through Symphonia (I picked them both up used at the same time), I ended up dropping Symphonia and playing the rest of the way through Arcadia. It's a decent game, but nothing too huge.

Four Swords, great game, a lot of fun single player, even moreso multiplayer. But without Tetra's (Navi's?) Trackers in the US version, it's not worth it. That mode is by far the most fun out of any of them multiplayer. And no point in importing the JP version, no language support, and you can't understand Tetra if she's speaking a language you don't know.

Pokemon? Why pre-order? Nintendo will make enough to feed every starving child in every third world country, if they feel like eating plastic and silicon. Just pick it up when it comes out.

So that leaves VJ2. First game in the series was great, and no reason this shouldn't be. And it's cult enough that it may just sell out without enough copies going to market. So this gets my pick.

Skett
Apr 26, 2004, 08:03 PM
I'm going with Tales because of rave reviews from Japanese magazines and players, Viewtiful Joe 2 because the first was so good, or Zelda: Four Swords because its been given great reviews by critics.

And Arislan, Zelda: Four Swords reviews in US have been fun dispite the lack of the third game (which many apperantly thought it sucked).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skett on 2004-06-06 14:15 ]</font>

Arislan
Apr 26, 2004, 08:05 PM
Skett, please do note though, that the critics played the JP version, not the currently announced, missing 1/3 of the content US version. I'm hoping Nintendo fixes it in time for release though.

Sharkyland
Apr 26, 2004, 08:10 PM
I don't know much about Symphosia... don't like Pokemon too much same with Viewtiful Joe... so that leaves me with Four Swords (June 6 or 8 ).

Man the Gameboy advanced game was fun, but when playing with our friends, we didn't care about getting the keys... we just had fun kicking each other's butt.

"Oh, you Master Sword weilding whore. I'll kill you."
"Bite my shiney metal a$$."
"..."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-04-26 18:11 ]</font>

OG_Ren
Jun 6, 2004, 03:05 AM
Zelda games ROCK!

noob-of-fury
Jun 6, 2004, 04:35 AM
Anyone who voted anything different from Tales of Symphonia should be struck down with great vengence.

DarthFomar
Jun 6, 2004, 04:48 AM
This is over a month old, you know that right?!

Bumping *old* threads is against the forum rules. And someone's doing it like they breath in air. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Not to be harsh or anything...just letting you know. *runs behind curtain and hides*