PDA

View Full Version : Hunter: What is the worst type of weapon for a force

Drackonack
Apr 26, 2004, 08:16 PM
I have a force that I'm trying to level up(it's a FOmarl) what is a good type weapon?

Drackonack
Apr 26, 2004, 08:22 PM
I mean bad

Sef
Apr 26, 2004, 08:29 PM
Well if you just want to cast techniques don't use anything that doesn't boost your magical abilities. So stuff like some sabers and some guns.

Ketchup345
Apr 26, 2004, 08:35 PM
Rods and canes. Everything else there has a use.

Sabers: Fairly nice for melee FOrces.
Slicers: Multiple enemies at a range, very good if its a Rainbow Baton (especially since you should be shot if you don't make it have at least 50% hit).
Wands: Boost MST by a few points, and useful for breaking boxes.
Mechguns: If you happen to stumble across Geist Vulcans with 50% or more hit, then you have a great supply of TP.
Handguns: Attack from long range, useful if it has a TP steal.

Canes and Rods are both weak for melee, and don't boost MST. Good for breaking boxes, buut so is unarmed.

Nai_Calus
Apr 26, 2004, 08:40 PM
I find Rods useful, actually, at least on a FOmar. Then again, the FOmar has a really good animation with Rods.

Mattoko
Apr 26, 2004, 08:46 PM
Sorry I realized you were on GC.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mattoko on 2004-04-26 18:47 ]</font>

Scales_of_Air
Apr 26, 2004, 08:48 PM
I completely agree Ian, the rods are great, especially with a battle unit, although i've found more promise in G/Assassin Sabers myself, and before Ult Double Saber killed all.

I must say the worst weapon for my FOmar has been slicer. The animation was SO slow without a battle unit and the throwing blade is so small it only hits enemies in line. One might as well ask the Gilchics to line up single file so he can wind up with the slicer and waste time swinging it around in an inefficent trio of motions. For me it's a complete waste of the FOmars' melee ability. Slicers + Joel FOmar = NO

Drackonack
Apr 26, 2004, 09:17 PM
Yeah I guess I will try to use my Grass Assisn's sabers(once I can) because I have a little trouble in the ruins but often play in the mines so I tend to use guns and sabers even though they aren't always the best.

Scales_of_Air
Apr 26, 2004, 10:00 PM
On 2004-04-26 19:17, Drackonack wrote:
Yeah I guess I will try to use my Grass Assisn's sabers(once I can) because I have a little trouble in the ruins but often play in the mines so I tend to use guns and sabers even though they aren't always the best.

Don't use G/Assissin in Mines, unless you really want to. The Gilchics fall back too far that one will only land 2 or 3 out of the 5 hits. Same with Double Saber. I would take Elysion in the mines, because G Assassin feels weird when only the first strike is solid. I'd rather have the control of a Saber type, but that's just me. The G/Assassin is still very powerful and could do well. Go for it.

By the way, 100th Post! Woo. *Party stuff explodes with confetti* ^_^ Hehe, I find joy in little things sometimes.

Rain7
Apr 27, 2004, 04:59 AM
I would say the worst weapon for a force would be the victor axe. Could not poll since it's a sword type. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Worst weapon type = sword

Rain7
Apr 27, 2004, 05:03 AM
On 2004-04-26 18:40, Ian-KunX wrote:
I find Rods useful, actually, at least on a FOmar. Then again, the FOmar has a really good animation with Rods.

I thought he had the same animation as the other forces? Don't you mean the good Wand attack animation?

Armok
Apr 27, 2004, 05:07 AM
Worst weopons they club. Even with a club with 75 hit you dont do any real damage.

TiRune
Apr 27, 2004, 07:07 AM
club is worst weapon by far, on my FoMarl I use:

Morning Glory (Claw)
Inferno Bazooka (Single target Bazooka)
Diska of Bravemann (Slicer)
Red Handgun (Handgun)

all those weaps have their uses (diska on bosses, bazooka for Belra's etc.), but a cane... it really doesnt give u much advantage over other weaps http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

PatserGOUKI
Apr 27, 2004, 07:16 AM
Im in favour of Techs-ONLY battle with forces.
So allmost all weapons are useless.

I think a hanggun or mechgun is pretty OK.

But best is a MST or TECH enhancer cane/rod/wand.

Ofcourse its an opinion.
PatserGOUKI

DezoPenguin
Apr 27, 2004, 07:23 AM
I'd definitely say "cane." Slicers, sabers, mechguns, and handguns all come in handy in various places for a melee FO. Rods can actually inflict damage and give a few bonus points of DEF. Wands give that MST bonus and a technique-casting bonus if you're primarily a caster.

Canes...well, they don't melee as well as a Rod or Saber, they don't have any range, they boost EVP which is generally useless by comparison, and the 9-star ones boost single (simple) techniques. Useful strategically, I suppose (Club of Laco against Dark Falz, for example, when Foie is your best friend), but otherwise the worst of the lot.

Swan
Apr 27, 2004, 09:53 AM
Slicer's are the worst weapon in any case, and a force has the lowest ATP ever. as much as I would like to state Sword or Rifle as my awnser, I'll stick with this one.

Ketchup345
Apr 27, 2004, 01:41 PM
On 2004-04-27 07:53, Swan wrote:
Slicer's are the worst weapon in any case, and a force has the lowest ATP ever. as much as I would like to state Sword or Rifle as my awnser, I'll stick with this one.

Not always. Slicers rip through De Rol Lie varients, and can be very acccurate (50% hit Rainbow Baton has somewhere above 80 ATA added).

Also, Rifles are useful for FOrces (even through they can only use a few- the Holy Ray, Angel Harp, and Briner's Rifle). They give FOrces insane range and some ATP without using TP.

PaleKid15
Apr 27, 2004, 01:58 PM
What are all of you smoking?

Slicer- Rainbow Baton allows my FOnewearl to melee the ultimate mines. licer's are good on FO's especially a FOmarl.
Cane- The rare canes are good. 40% boost to a basic tech is quite helpful. And SUmmit Moon (a cane) is one of the best FO weapons available.
Wand- 20% bonus to a tech family is also quite helpful. And Magical Piece is one of the best FO weapons available.
Saber- Not very good for FO's, though it Red sssaber makes melee much easier for some people. Sabers are the 2nd worst weapon type for FO's.
Rod- Psycho Wand is a rod. 'Nuff said.
Handgun- My pick for worst weapon for FO's. Red Handgun is pretty good for FO's, but Red Saber is better for non tech damage. I guess it comes down to preference here.
Mechgun- Best weapon type in the game. Period. Good on anyone.

Nai_Calus
Apr 27, 2004, 05:27 PM
On 2004-04-27 03:03, Rain7 wrote:

On 2004-04-26 18:40, Ian-KunX wrote:

I thought he had the same animation as the other forces? Don't you mean the good Wand attack animation?

FOmar's Wand animation is horrible, what are you smoking? I mean, the attack itself isn't too repulsive, but the casting speed is atrocious.

All four Forces have a completely unique Rod animation. They do not stand the same, walk the same, cast the same or attack the same with it. The FOmar's is IMO the best of the lot, having both a fast casting speed and a fast, effective melee combo. It looks cool, too. :D

Mmm, actually, FOmar and FOnewm share their PB animation, if I recall correctly. Not sure about FOmarl/FOnewearl. Otherwise, though... *shrug*

Zelgadis
Apr 29, 2004, 07:57 PM
What are you smokin'? I want some! I dunno what possessed you to put rods and canes on a FOmar. I usually go unarmed with him. Quicker cast time. But with a FO thats not a mar. I'd go with something that super boots your mst. Like a Striker of Chao. Or a Summit moon. Something that gives more then just 20. A FOmar's magic only tops at 1340 and a FOmarl's 100 below that I believe. Go with a pair of mechs. Something to drain tp. It hits multiple times and with a high level s/d j/z it shouldn't be much of a problem.