PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Prime 2: Echoes SCREENS!!! *PSOWs Official Metroid T

Pancake
Apr 26, 2004, 08:36 PM
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/mp2echoes_042304_005.jpg
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/mp2echoes_042304_006.jpg
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/mp2echoes_042304_007.jpg
So This is Multiplayer
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/mp2echoes_042304_000.jpg
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/mp2echoes_042304_001.jpg
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/mp2echoes_042304_002.jpg
Chozos Cannot be Evil! *Crys* Notice the Green beam thing? Acid Beam? Whatever it is it's new!
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/mp2echoes_042304_003.jpg
A Partner for Samus? Or just a bad guy? Or a new suit? I hope it's a partner.
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/mp2echoes_042304_004.jpg

Alright what do you think?! I hope Kraid is in this version of Metroid and I hope the Real Ridley is back!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pancake on 2004-05-04 18:20 ]</font>

Enyalis_Cho
Apr 26, 2004, 08:52 PM
That looks awesome!!! Hey, I heard rumor that they're planning on makind a Metroid movie. Is that true?

Skett
Apr 26, 2004, 08:57 PM
Kinda old news. I guess I can help clear up some of the pics.
Source: GameCube Advanced

"In this highly anticipated sequel to Metroid Prime, become the bounty hunter behind the visor once more and travel to a planet torn into light and darkness. Hunted by a mysterious entity and a warring race called the Ing, Samus Aran must explore the light and dark worlds of this doomed planet to discover secrets and augment her suit's weapons and abilities."

That robot cammando guy is probably the one hunting Samus (chances are through scripted events like facing S-X in Fusion). And the chozo-like creature is probably the Ing. Still, all this is speculation. We wont know anything solid until this E3.

Also, on the Metroid movie: a director picked up the rights to Metroid for a movie but besides that announcment, no info has been revealed.

Sord
Apr 26, 2004, 09:03 PM
looks fun to me, though this is old news, i really haven't seen any pictures. also, i have a fealing the "acid beam" is actually a supersonic beam, it's just the ice blast has already taken the color blue

Outrider
Apr 26, 2004, 09:26 PM
Or maybe they recolored the wave beam.

Anywho, thanks for posting IGN's news again, Pancake.

But Skett, do you really think dinky machine gun-guy is the one tracking down Samus? I was imagining that there might actually be some human contact in this one, and he was just nameless soldier #2 or Bucky the sidekick or something. I figured the person stalking her would be more "mysterious."

You're probably right, though.

_Ted_
Apr 26, 2004, 09:31 PM
Looks great! When does it come out?

BlackRose
Apr 26, 2004, 10:46 PM
Bah... I think the Samus model they used in SSBM looked a hell of a lot better than the one in Prime. This one is too shiny, too smooth, and way too disproportioned. Oh well.

Pancake
Apr 26, 2004, 10:54 PM
It's the best model, mabey this takes place before Fusion (Duh of cource it does) and Shoot whats his name! The guy in Fusion that calls Samus "Lady" her Commander is in it. The name and the pics are new none of it is old...

Outrider
Apr 27, 2004, 01:55 AM
What we mean by old is that they're all from earlier in the week. As I'm sure most of us check IGN, Gamespot or any of the other gaming news outlets regularly, the vast majority of us have already heard about this stuff... which is why it's just silly to post it here.

While I do agree that Samus' model seems to have some odd proportions to it, I'd definitely say that in Metroid Prime 2 she doesn't seem to have the same "shiny metal" look to her. Instead of washed out overly-metallic colors on her suit, it actually looks like orange, yellow and red.

If you ask me, the problem with the SSB:M model is that it lacked detail and was too bright. It worked fine in the context of Smash Bros., but not for Metroid Prime.

SophiaSeed
Apr 27, 2004, 03:35 AM
another reason to love the game cube.

I confess that besides PSO series, i also bought the GC because of Metroid. in fact it's the only other game i own. My friends back in the US were telling me how great the game on the SNES was, i played it and enjoyed it alot. I wasn't a horribly big fan of First Person shooters, but this was one i liked, and it worked for the GC.

I'm very impressed with the new game thus far, hopefully it won't change to horribly from the last one, i mean it can only get better. The first was was pretty flawless and beautiful.

Bradicus
Apr 27, 2004, 07:03 AM
<insert metroid prime fanboy comment here>

Hikara
Apr 27, 2004, 08:41 AM
November *some other date* 2004 for the U.S. My dad called me yesterday to brag about knowing about the Multiplayer (which I already knew http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif).

Um, that could very well be a Chozo, 'cause think back to Metroid Prime 1. Chozo Ghosts? They were lost and confused. That guy could very much be lost and confused as well! OR some rich uncle who doesn't like her... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MULTIPLAYER!! ^_^

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 27, 2004, 10:43 AM
On 2004-04-26 18:36, Pancake wrote:

*GASP!* Samus is teaming up with Master Chief!

Outrider
Apr 27, 2004, 11:46 AM
On 2004-04-27 08:43, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

So I guess I wasn't the only one who went "Halo!" when I first saw that image?

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 27, 2004, 12:00 PM
On 2004-04-27 09:46, Outrider wrote:

Well I mean heck... He's got a machine gun, and everything!

It kinda makes me wonder if Microsoft is gonna shake their finger at Nintendo over it.

Outrider
Apr 27, 2004, 12:45 PM
Really? I mean, sure, it's someone in a cybernetic power suit wielding a machine gun, but I doubt he's that similar to Master Chief in design. I'll bet when we get another look at him we'll notice a few more differences.

Nah, I'm lyin'. Retro probably just ripped MC's model directly out of Halo. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Zzzzzz
Apr 27, 2004, 01:02 PM
Okay, one thing I ask for Nintendo:
DO NOT PUT HUSTON IN THIS GAME IF SHE DOES GET A PARTNER!

Super Metroid comics...

By the way, am I the only one that thinks "if Nintendo is making remakes for GBA and GCN(i.e. Majora's Mask), they should do a first person type Super Metroid?"

Hikara
Apr 27, 2004, 01:23 PM
First person Super Metroid...? Hm... Now there's an idea!

Outrider
Apr 27, 2004, 03:32 PM
On 2004-04-27 11:02, Zzzzzz wrote:
Okay, one thing I ask for Nintendo:
DO NOT PUT HUSTON IN THIS GAME IF SHE DOES GET A PARTNER!

Super Metroid comics...

By the way, am I the only one that thinks "if Nintendo is making remakes for GBA and GCN(i.e. Majora's Mask), they should do a first person type Super Metroid?"

See, that's what I was thinking when I saw that other guy. But no way it would be the guy from the comic.

And actually... I don't think Super Metroid would work with the first person mode. I dunno... I think it would end up being just like Metroid Prime, and I'd rather they deal with evolving the series than releasing the same thing over and over again.

But for the record, I'd just like to state that Samus could whoop Master Chief anyday.

Kent
Apr 27, 2004, 03:44 PM
On 2004-04-27 11:23, Hikara wrote:
First person Super Metroid...? Hm... Now there's an idea!

And a bad one, at that.

I wonder if they've managed to make the controls not suck in this one...

PhotonDrop
Apr 27, 2004, 03:50 PM
On 2004-04-27 09:46, Outrider wrote:

That makes three of us

Swan
Apr 27, 2004, 05:46 PM
sweet....

Swan
Apr 27, 2004, 05:46 PM
sweet.... samus is NOT a dude, FYI!!!! but sweet....

Skett
Apr 27, 2004, 06:12 PM

Ah, am I the only one who doesn't think that robo-commando looks like Master Chief? He/her/it looks more like the mercenaries in Splinter Cell: PT's multiplayer game to me.

Better be a multiplayer character. I'm sure it would be (since who would like to just be Samus).

Ness
Apr 27, 2004, 07:31 PM
I still have to play the first one.

Outrider
Apr 27, 2004, 07:31 PM
On 2004-04-27 16:12, Skett wrote:
Ah, am I the only one who doesn't think that robo-commando looks like Master Chief? He/her/it looks more like the mercenaries in Splinter Cell: PT's multiplayer game to me.

Better be a multiplayer character. I'm sure it would be (since who would like to just be Samus).

Nah, you're right. I was just fooling around. He doesn't really look that much like Master Chief except for the fact that he's in some sort of mechanical suit and is sporting a machine gun.

Gold_DRAGOON
Apr 27, 2004, 09:36 PM
hmmmm I think the Green weapon there might be the spacer. I really doubt it's the wave it was purple in the original Metroid Prime, and the obviously didn't change the other colors of the guns. And why would they add another weapon such as a acid gun or a super sonic beam. And that Chozo thing might be a gaurdian statue like the one she fought in Super Metroid. Man if it is the spacer i hope that they will also give you the Wave, if they do there might be a chance that they'll let you do the Hyper beam again. Super Metroid was and is im favorit from the Metroid seires i don't think they should mess with it, it's and excellent and shouldn't be mess with. Oh and i too only have Metroid Prime and PSO for the Game Cude, althought I'm going to get Star Craft Ghost when it comes out.

DarthFomar
Apr 27, 2004, 10:02 PM
This game looks cool...played the first, never beat it...probally do the same with this, lol. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Gold_DRAGOON
Apr 27, 2004, 11:13 PM
I have a qestion. How many people here have actually played all the games besides me?

Pancake
Apr 28, 2004, 05:57 PM
Me, I know Outrider has. What are you saying? Do you think some of us are casual gamers? None of us are...

Gold_DRAGOON
Apr 28, 2004, 08:23 PM
[quote]What are you saying? Do you think some of us are casual gamers? None of us are

No, I was just asking. They are cool games. It's just no one thought that the green weapon might be the spacer. my appologies if I made anyone feel like less of a gamer. (Metroids are fun to KILLLL!!!)

Outrider
Apr 28, 2004, 09:36 PM
On 2004-04-28 15:57, Pancake wrote:
Me, I know Outrider has. What are you saying? Do you think some of us are casual gamers? None of us are...

Whoa, whoa, whoa... C-Man. I haven't beaten them all. But yeah, I've played them all.

I'm just the kind of guy that knows way too much about way too many games. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zzzzzz
Apr 28, 2004, 10:03 PM
I played them all and beat two. Do you know there's a secret world in every Metroid game, including MP?

Cool.

Nidarrock
Apr 29, 2004, 10:31 AM
PLayed them all, beat them all. Does anyone actually remember the ending to MP? If haven't beat the game yet you may want to skip this, as it contains *SPOILERS*...Metroid Prime ripped the Phazon suit off of Samus and one of the final screens is that of an arm, similar to Samus', rising from the remians of MP. There is most likely your "mysterious entity" that is hunting her/you.

Hikara
Apr 29, 2004, 11:26 AM
Now, you see, if I had scanned all 100%, I would know that, but I only got 86%, so...

An arm, you say? Well, the mysterious entity shown in the pics isn't in a black suit, so I doubt it's the remains of the Phazon, but that's just me...

I also had to slap my friend the other day. He referred to the final side of Metroid Prime (the one that sucked the Phazon outta Samus) as the Mother Brain. I slapped him because I didn't think it was true.

I wonder if Phazon will be in this game? The Black and red just rocked on Samus!

Nidarrock
Apr 29, 2004, 11:32 AM
This is true about the colors not matching up, but we'll see. Perhaps this "grey" fellow is totally new and the "Phazon" enemy is something for a later date. Or it's just an odd mess up to frell with our minds. I too thought the red and black suit was awesome.

Zzzzzz
Apr 29, 2004, 11:52 AM
I highly doubt, however, that it is Adam from Metroid Fusion.
From what it sounded like, he died BEFORE she even fought the Mother Brain.

Hikara
Apr 29, 2004, 03:14 PM
Or maybe it's something like a story I once wrote...

THe chozo found another one.

And that shot is this guy/girl/thing shooting down some ferocious swarm of somethings around Samus!

That would be the partner side to the thought, of course, but still... until we know.

Pancake
Apr 29, 2004, 05:53 PM
On 2004-04-29 09:52, Zzzzzz wrote:

I was thinking he was in Super Metroid...Because in order it goes
Metroid/Zero Mission
Metroid Prime
Probaly Metroid Echoes
Metroid II
Super Metoid
Metroid Fusion

I dunno where II goes

Boxblaster666
Apr 29, 2004, 06:16 PM
Metroid Echoes? never heard of that. Tell me more!

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 29, 2004, 06:17 PM
On 2004-04-29 16:16, Boxblaster666 wrote:
Metroid Echoes? never heard of that. Tell me more!

He refers to Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.

Zzzzzz
Apr 29, 2004, 06:27 PM
On 2004-04-29 15:53, Pancake wrote:

On 2004-04-29 09:52, Zzzzzz wrote:

I was thinking he was in Super Metroid...Because in order it goes
Metroid/Zero Mission
Metroid Prime
Probaly Metroid Echoes
Metroid II
Super Metoid
Metroid Fusion

I dunno where II goes

Wait a moment. Metroid Prime is before Metroid II? I need proof!

Boxblaster666
Apr 29, 2004, 06:29 PM
ok. I get it now. And Nintendo says in a number of places that prime takes place right after the original.

Pancake
Apr 29, 2004, 07:09 PM
Yea it is right after the original, they say Metroid Zero Mission closes the gap between the two games but all I see is a defunctional Meta Ridley that blows his ass up!

Outrider
Apr 30, 2004, 12:47 AM
Nah, he's right about the order. But Adam definitely wasn't in Super Metroid. I think it's supposed to be assumed that he's in some adventure that Samus had outside of the games. From the way he talks to her, it could quite possibly be from before she became a galaxy-renown bounty hunter.

Pancake
Apr 30, 2004, 06:03 PM
hmmm, Mabey he will be in this game, I mean he was her CO before Fusion and was before. A Love story? That may be an interesting twist to the Metroid Series, then Ridley comes and grabs Adam...As Samus hears his spine snap *crack*

Pancake
May 4, 2004, 08:21 PM
uh just to let the mods know I already had this topic and someone goes and makes another...Oh no they didnt! This is the official topic.

RavenTW
May 4, 2004, 08:47 PM
Official topics are made by admins. So ;P

Anyway, I've played every Metroid, beaten all but 1. And no, Master Chief did NOT strike me when I first saw that guy. Looked more like a cross between Samus and a chozo. I'll bet he's a partner (or another suit), and the remade Phazon hand is the entity tracking you down. Also note, there's a light/dark element mix here. Maybe he's the light bounty hunter, and Phazon's the dark? Of course, just speculation.

And Samus owns all.

Pancake
May 4, 2004, 09:12 PM
Yea the bad guy is a hand just like the Adam's Family Hand!

Pancake
May 5, 2004, 06:56 PM
April 30, 2004 - Moments ago Nintendo officially revealed some more details about the highly anticipated sequel Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. The basic concept behind the story has Samus returning to another mysterious planet to exterminate evil. As long as she finds it. Only this time Samus will find her new battlegrounds torn in half, a world of light and darkness. As Samus, players will have to travel between the light and dark parts of this world, and the gameplay dynamics will of course be affected by this. We'll be able to explain exactly how it all works as E3 gets closer.

Also, the design demonstrates a similarity to the Game Boy Advance's Metroid Fusion in that our heroine Samus will be hunted by an evil enemy; we imagine that this new create will be the designated assassin or terminator to Samus. Looks like exploring the new light and dark lands of this world might have players jumping out of their space boots.

Lastly, a few more details regarding the multiplayer battle have been divulged. The mode supports up to four players, deathmatch style. Essentially it's just as you'd imagine, where the multiplayer dynamics revolve around searching for weapon upgrades and chasing your enemy down. With the lock-on mechanics likely coming in to play, the Morph Ball will come in to play to help players escape when they aren't ready for a face-to-face shootout. Levels will also demonstrate some complexity with shortcuts, and players will be able to escape or attack by taking advantage of strategically placed grapple points on the ceilings.

That's all the latest we have for now, but check back shortly before E3 and we'll have even more.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/510/510624p1.html

Zzzzzz
May 6, 2004, 12:15 AM
I somehow doubt that Adam will appear in any of the Metroid games they make. Unless they make one where Samus isn't famous yet.
And remember, Samus was famous even BEFORE the first Metroid.

ssephiroth_da_hunter
May 6, 2004, 06:38 PM
Looks like fun the first one for GC was awesome. THe one for SNES was probably one of the best Metroid Games. Fusion was okay and I havent played zero mission yet..

EJ
May 6, 2004, 06:58 PM
I wonder when this one will take place is it between two and three? Hope they dont change the control cuz in the first game the controls were excellent.

TheOneHero
May 9, 2004, 08:15 PM
IN the first metroin prime if you beat the game with 100 % you see that metroid prime isn't dead and that a red and black hand comes from the pool of phazon (its samus phazon suit with metroid prime in it) so MP2 is gonna be like metroid fusion on steroids....oh ya...and IGN posted that John Woo got the rights to make a metroid movie in April of 04...its gonna be so spiffy...oh ya...