PDA

View Full Version : ST Taking Action?

Saiffy
Apr 27, 2004, 07:02 PM
Don't know if this has been pointed out already:

Online Abuse -- Action is Being Taken!
Sonic Team will be taking appropriate legal and other action against users who are in violation of the PSO Terms of Service. Specifically, there have been cases of users spamming the lobbies and causing games to crash. These actions are unacceptable. Sega regrets the inconvenience and trouble this small minority has caused the PSO Community. You can take comfort that we are listening to your calls and are monitoring the logs to ensure the best possible experience for everyone!

Reporting Abuse

When reporting user abuse, please report all the information you can, including:

Time of offense: PLEASE USE PSO IN-GAME TIME! [From XX:XX to XX:XX and date]
Username: EXACTLY how it appears onscreen: pay close attention to caps and text symbols. Please include your username as well.
Guild Card numbers: Theirs and yours. This is very helpful, although we realize this can be hard to get.

Optional: Screenshot of the offending complaint [For symbol chat/language]

Email this information to:
[email protected].

Does this mean that Sega/ST will start taking action against spammers and FSODers? Only time will tell...

Mixfortune
Apr 27, 2004, 07:15 PM
Or it means they say they will start taking action so that they can stall, or so upset players will "get off their backs".

Of course, considering how we are nearing the first PSO series timeframe, it seems a bit...late, doesn't it? Oh well.

But, I'm hoping this actually turns out they way they say it will...

DruidMettool
Apr 27, 2004, 08:57 PM
ST will never go through with it. I guarantee you.

Getintothegame
Apr 27, 2004, 09:03 PM
Or will they...? I just posted the link in Ep. 1 and 2 forums, but...

http://pso.sega.com/community/profiles/pso_gcn/pc_front/gcn_pc_abuse.jhtml

EDIT:
http://pso.sega.com/community/profiles/pso3_gcn/pc_front/gcn_pc_abuse.jhtml

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2004-04-27 19:08 ]</font>

HaLLa
Apr 28, 2004, 03:02 AM
Hopefully that would be good

Devin
Apr 28, 2004, 08:57 AM
That's been up for a while now, me and a friend have reported some people, such as fonewmkiller.. I got a response back asking for my guild card number and username. I mailed them back with that, got no response. I waited..no response. I mailed the person again asking if anything was going to be done, he said that sonic team was taking action about abusive users..

So does this mean the fsod'ers will be gone? maybe, I sure hope so, but I reported fonewm a while back, and he's still here.

*edit* Oh wait, that's new.. Heh, a mod made a post in their message board a while back, that's what I was talking about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Devin on 2004-04-28 06:59 ]</font>

YunKnight
Apr 28, 2004, 11:53 AM
If there going to they aren't doing a very good job as of yet...

Mixfortune
Apr 28, 2004, 01:52 PM
Hmm, maybe they will start doing something after all.
Not like it's makes much difference, but it's now the motd. Also considering they finally made the online stat changes visible from the beginning, maybe ST is finally deciding to do something...

hucasts_rock
Apr 28, 2004, 06:18 PM
Finally, Sonic Team takes action! Hopefully they'll bust those morons http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

SonicBlue22
Apr 28, 2004, 07:05 PM
I reported a FSODer and they banned him!

DruidMettool
Apr 28, 2004, 07:38 PM
dude, they're REALLY taking action? Holy hell, it's a sign of the apocolypse...

Saiffy
Apr 28, 2004, 07:51 PM
On 2004-04-28 17:05, SonicBlue22 wrote:

wow... did you need his guild card or just a name?

navci
Apr 28, 2004, 08:45 PM
On 2004-04-28 17:05, SonicBlue22 wrote:

All of a sudden, I feel safe. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Almost. But this is great news nevertheless!

HaLLa
Apr 28, 2004, 10:13 PM
Can you say the end of days? The Revelation? lmao

Orange_kid
Apr 29, 2004, 11:36 AM
how come they decided to do this AFTER the ssj spammers are gone? i rarely see spam these days... it just seems they are starting to do this too late

ElizaBluefull
Apr 29, 2004, 10:51 PM
Think they can get rid of Hayato and Fingaz or any other notorious hackers like FOnewmkiller? Those guys both hit me with FSOD over the past couple of weeks. If this means that ST will finally do something, that would rock. But what about false reports? This theoretically could turn into a witchhunt and innocents could get banned. I do wonder how this will turn out.