PDA

View Full Version : Thinking to go for a punisher somewhere in the future...

Aztec_Mystic
Apr 27, 2004, 08:28 PM
Ok, all I want to know is if it is really worth it to hunt for torrs with a bluefull in order to get heaven punisher. I know bluefulls are the ones with better chance but the drop rate of this weapon seems a bit too low for a rare enemy like torr (1/205). I know too that this wep has 12 stars and all but have you guys ever found it with success offline? How many torrs?

doubletake123
Apr 27, 2004, 08:29 PM
On 2004-04-27 18:28, Aztec_Mystic wrote:
Ok, all I want to know is if it is really worth it to hunt for torrs with a bluefull in order to get heaven punisher. I know bluefulls are the ones with better chance but the drop rate of this weapon seems a bit too low for a rare enemy like torr (1/205). I know too that this wep has 12 stars and all but have you guys ever found it with success offline? How many torrs?

i know that the hp in ultimate sucks but in every other dificlty its pretty sweet.

LoreSeeker
Apr 27, 2004, 09:48 PM
I can't really say that it's worth looking for. Sure, you'd get crazy bragging rights because you found one of the most sought after weapons in the game, but it is rendered obsolete in Ultimate because its special isn't strong enough on a RA (MST based, go figure) and there are weapons with more range and power to use in place of its regular attacks.

Aztec_Mystic
Apr 29, 2004, 08:31 AM
Ok, but hu... should I go bluefull torrs or yellowboze crimsons? Maybe I'll be more lucky with my yellowboze coz there are a lot of crimsons at caves rather than pipping for a single torr in the forest even beeing the torr drop rate better. What do you think?

ShinAsura666
Apr 29, 2004, 09:11 AM
Word of advice.
Dont waste your time there are far better gunns out there than that.I was given a heavenly punisher and even tohugh it was hacked it was still crap.If i ever see you online you can have it.

Capricornus
Apr 29, 2004, 09:26 AM
On 2004-04-29 06:31, Aztec_Mystic wrote:
Ok, but hu... should I go bluefull torrs or yellowboze crimsons? Maybe I'll be more lucky with my yellowboze coz there are a lot of crimsons at caves rather than pipping for a single torr in the forest even beeing the torr drop rate better. What do you think?

The time piping for a torr can sometimes take ages.
If you do find one the chances to get a HP are still very small (too small Id say for the time you did put into the piping progress)

You'd better off hunting it while leveling (better than the boresome piping), and if you're very lucky, like I was (purp- west tower- mericarol) it might eventually drop one day

Armok
Apr 29, 2004, 09:40 AM
Its a bragging right weopon. if your gonna pipe anything pipe the Psy Wand its worth the 205 mil lilys to have that beut.

Aztec_Mystic
Apr 29, 2004, 02:59 PM
Well I wasn't that serious about looking for a HP coz I know it is really hard to find, but you know this weapon brings me lots of memories from the times I played with it and I see myself heaven punisher as the best ranger weapon in the game. I know there are "better" weps but don't ask me why, I think that heaven punisher will always be the mythical heaven punisher. I guess I'll go yellowboze to not get bothered whenever I think to look for a HP.
Thx for the advices you are always of good help http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cc08
Apr 29, 2004, 07:47 PM
I'm in the same situation, except I want a P Wand (Purplenum Mil). Whenever I don't know what to do when I play, or when I get tired of doing runs of specific quests/areas, I will get on my Purplenum RA, boot up Waterfall Tears and pipe a Mil. I have seen around 12, and no P Wand yet. Whenever it does drop, I will be happy, because it won't seem like I spent much time searching for it, because I only pipe 1 X or 2 X a week. But it's easier piping Mils, because the most Hildelts you can get in a room is 4.

Rapture
Apr 30, 2004, 01:58 PM
With a name like "Heavens Punisher" you would think it would be better than what it is. I mean why can't God come from the heavens and lay judgement on the sinful deeds that the enemies perform, then rip the planet ragol in 2 pieces and destroy the universe. Now that would be a special.

Mixfortune
Apr 30, 2004, 02:31 PM
My brother found a Heaven Punisher legitly offline from a 'Torr, and still uses it, even though he has a 160+ RAcast. Yes, a 160+ RAcast.

The Heaven Punisher can be a lot better than it's given credit for. Using it he can clear a full room in the Mines pretty easily, since it stuns a vast majority of the monsters, always hits, and has an incredible range in all directions.

In Ruins he takes Heaven Punisher, Spread Needle, and Frozen Shooter, all legit, and switches between them given the situation (and whether Heaven Punisher is on the correct number of beats). The only reason to use Heaven Punisher is for its special, which, if I may add, rapes most of the Episode I bosses.

Is it worth getting? That all depends on how many 'Torrs it can take you. If you are generally unlucky when it comes to rare enemy drops, perhaps not. But I can say that Heaven Punisher is NOT weak in Ultimate, considering how many targets it hits, and has a 100% hit rate using its special.

EDIT- Forgot to add, if you are a legit Ranger, it can be a very good and often used weapon. If you are not legit or use hacked weapons/max stats, well needless to say there are better options, since the percents on a Heaven Punisher do not matter much.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2004-04-30 12:33 ]</font>