PDA

View Full Version : *shocked* ST is paying attention!? What is this?!

Getintothegame
Apr 27, 2004, 08:58 PM
http://pso.sega.com/community/profiles/pso_gcn/pc_front/gcn_pc_abuse.jhtml

Sef
Apr 27, 2004, 08:59 PM
I'm not sure why, but I don't think anything is going to happen... Sure we can send complaints, but will they all be taken care of?

Edit: Hey, maybe though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sef on 2004-04-27 19:00 ]</font>

Dhylec
Apr 27, 2004, 09:29 PM
hm.. this seems like new
maybe st does listen afterall?

Jkid
Apr 27, 2004, 09:38 PM
Here's another report about it from ragol.co.uk

http://www.ragol.co.uk/index.shtml

Stingray
Apr 28, 2004, 12:44 AM
well you know I sent them an email complaining about this so maybe it helped this come along...

trypticon
Apr 28, 2004, 02:09 AM
It's about damn time. Ep3 is already so F'd up it's like nobody plays online anymore. Then again, it might just seem that way because the game was trash to begin with. I can't express in simple words how happy I am to read about this news though. I just hope that ST takes action against people who are reported, although there are so many Hayato's online now that it will be difficult to report any of them without their guild card number in the report.

With enough reports from responsible players, maybe whatever was rumored to be planned for June (or some have said even before that) by the more prominant hackers online can be averted.

lain2k3
Apr 28, 2004, 05:36 AM
I've been wondering why there are NO spammers on antares 8 anymore...

Whoo ST!

Para
Apr 28, 2004, 07:10 AM
And its only for GC! (Not including the PC system)

Jkid
Apr 28, 2004, 08:22 AM
But will they do the same thing on PSOX? Lets just send in bad user feedback and see.

Ketchup345
Apr 28, 2004, 11:04 AM
On 2004-04-28 06:22, Jkid wrote:
But will they do the same thing on PSOX? Lets just send in bad user feedback and see.

I thought it was M$'s job to do that, since it is their servers? They are supposedly much better than ST, so try sending negative feedback to M$.

Liquid_Bacon
Apr 28, 2004, 04:30 PM
I'm not sure why, but I don't think anything is going to happen... Sure we can send complaints, but will they all be taken care of?

They won't. PSOX has a built-in feature to report cheaters, spammers, cursing people, etc. You can also send positive feedback for good players. However, it is becoming obvious that nobody checks this feedback.

There are a group of players with modded Xbox consoles and Action Replays that sit in the lobby as NPC characters from the Sonic games, with coloured names above their heads and coloured text chats, spamming symbol chats over and over. I am part of another group of players that sends the afformentioned cheaters negative feeback once a day. They have been there for months.

Getintothegame
Apr 28, 2004, 07:37 PM
One of the offical moderators at the PSO boards has told us that 14 ... yes, 14 people were banned in total... :

Sef
Apr 28, 2004, 07:52 PM
That's gotta be below 1% of the people that are doign this stuff. We need a task force that could deal with all this stuff.

A2K
Apr 29, 2004, 02:33 PM
On 2004-04-28 14:30, Liquid_Bacon wrote:

They won't. PSOX has a built-in feature to report cheaters, spammers, cursing people, etc. You can also send positive feedback for good players. However, it is becoming obvious that nobody checks this feedback.

There are a group of players with modded Xbox consoles and Action Replays that sit in the lobby as NPC characters from the Sonic games, with coloured names above their heads and coloured text chats, spamming symbol chats over and over. I am part of another group of players that sends the afformentioned cheaters negative feeback once a day. They have been there for months.

Players have been banned because of bad feedback--the trick, is, though, they need to receive repeated complaints within a short duration of time. And there are loopholes that the persistent ones take advantage of... there's no getting around an actual ban, though. Those AR users, though, might be of a different breed altogether, I don't know... but if they use Gamertags to get online I'm pretty certain they're still vulnerable to it. They probably have more than a few in reserve, though...

-STE-
Apr 30, 2004, 02:00 PM
Finally they do something but maybe is too late......
why they didnt do this from the beginning..... crazy
and for PAL user? jp? nothing...
maybe i can sell my 2 unused serial at who was banned hahaha

Superguppie
May 2, 2004, 07:40 AM
My guess is that in Japan the people already know a way to complain, if that is necessary. Apparently most Japanese players are too polite to need complaining...
Anyway, I heard someone claim about half a year ago that sending ST a complaint with the information they now ask for might help if many people complained about the same event (i.e. same ship, same time, same char, same offence) So, it seems Sega is just showing the way, and hopefully giving complaints the attention they deserve.

As for the PAL users (like me) not a peep on the playsega portal. 'the rest of the world' can just keep going nowhere, as usual...

Aunt_Betty
May 2, 2004, 09:28 AM
Then again JP servers arn't that bad. Us servers are the problem.